What's new

Is There a Noticable Difference?

radar

Patron
I found this on a Scientologists blog..:
quote: I know a lot of Scientologists, personally. I have met random people I have never seen before in public places and knew they were Scientologists. If you've ever met one you would have to admit to yourself that there was something recognizably different about this person, Something better

Is this true?
As an ex scientologist can you pick one out from a crowd?
The blog continues:
you would most likely see qualities you would aspire to attain. If you really got close enough to one and watched their daily actions, what kinds of things they enjoyed, what activities they involved themselves in, what they really believed in and what they were out to accomplish you would also want to be a Scientologist.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
quote: I know a lot of Scientologists, personally. I have met random people I have never seen before in public places and knew they were Scientologists. If you've ever met one you would have to admit to yourself that there was something recognizably different about this person, Something better

Is this true?
The blog continues:
you would most likely see qualities you would aspire to attain. If you really got close enough to one and watched their daily actions, what kinds of things they enjoyed, what activities they involved themselves in, what they really believed in and what they were out to accomplish you would also want to be a Scientologist.

It doesn't fit my own experience.

Trained auditors with good TRs can look a cut above in company - but not all of them by any means.

Whatever Scns have been led to think about "wogs", there are plenty of people out there with their shit together and a lot of social presence.

If they were all as good as this blog implies then Scn would have expanded way beyond where it is now on word-of-mouth alone.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Says he "knew" these random people were Scientologists. Does this include anything mundane like verification? As in going up to the person and saying, "Excuse me, are you a Scientologist?"

Or because he was a Scientologist it was proven because he "knew" they were?

Paul

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
Says he "knew" these random people were Scientologists. Does this include anything mundane like verification? As in going up to the person and saying, "Excuse me, are you a Scientologist?"

Or because he was a Scientologist it was proven because he "knew" they were?

Paul

Scientology is the science of knowing how to know, you know?

radar

Patron
If you were trying to pick out a scientologist in a crowd, presumably the first people you would dismiss for starters would be the obese amongst them?

spbill

Patron with Honors

Is this true?

I've become pretty good at spotting Jehovah's Witnesses on the doorstep :)

Veda

Sponsor

Is this true?
The blog continues:

"Fixed glare" syndrome can be a tip off.

And anyone who's done TR 0 for any length of time usually stands out.

Of course, some stand out more than others.

http://z.about.com/d/crime/1/0/h/D/manson1a.jpg

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
I suspect he or she "knew" they were Scientologists after hearing them use some Scn term that no human being does. That makes a Scieno stick out in a crowd in no time even if you've never met them before.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I suspect he or she "knew" they were Scientologists after hearing them use some Scn term that no human being does. That makes a Scieno stick out in a crowd in no time even if you've never met them before.

'I was ARCX with my 2D after he suppressively invalidated my meat boobies', so, I KR'd that DB and he'll be on the grey rag till the planet's cleared...'

Zinj

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I suppose that 'spotting' includes 'mocking up' and 'dubbing in'. Especially with such dubious concepts as 'Case Level'.

Zinj

Reminds me of that Level 0 drill of "spotting tone levels". You do it by yourself for a while, then do it with a coach who has passed the drill so therefore is able to tell you if you got it right or not. Ahem. This is without any contact with the person beyond seeing them in the street.

Both the student and coach should probably get their missed withholds pulled right after the drill. :)

There was one time I had a sort of practical application of this drill. I was handing out flyers to people as I was walking fast past them, and would say "This is for you" as I approached while trying to approximate their tone level as I zoomed down from about 3.5 to 0.5 (if needed) in less than a second until I hit resonance and got a live response from the person. I got pretty good at it too, at least for the hour or so I was handing out the flyers.

Paul

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Paul I was good at that too. But apparent 'tone level' isn't really an indication of who is a Scientologist, unless they are doing PR Area Control or something. :melodramatic:

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
I would have to see it to believe it. So far I have not seen this person pick Scios out in a crowd and my guess is that I never will.

BS propaganda.

tessa

Patron
Perhaps if someone is good at reading body language. I had no conection with scientology for 7 years, a scientologist walked at my work enviroment and i spoted him right away and after our conversation he told his sister that i was very special, he was going to bring me a book .I blew his mind away then !I said to him I have also a book By Richard Bach and i made up the title Across the BRIDGE together.:nervous: Ah you should have seing this guy :no: Almost jumbed of his chair before i finished my sentence.Yes his sister confirmed after wards he was doing scientology. Here is another one ,today a client walks in my work and says ,you look so happy is like having an aura around you and i said really actually i have back pain .Really? he says you do n't show it.Afterwards the thought crossed my mind is he perceiving my TRS or that i am clear? How could i 've asked him ?Maybe he saw my withholds on scientology afterall :confused2: : tessa

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, to me the idea that a person could spot a scientologist by body language or the famous "thousand mile stare" doesn't hold water.

For the record, if someone can "perceive your TRs", then your TRs are absolutely terrible. It's not a plastic valence encasing you from reality, it's just paying full attention to your environment. It boils down to mindfulness, and Scientologists don't have a lock on it, at all. In fact, I find people from Landmark Forum have significantly better "presence", even when "untrained" than most scios do. Probably because they aren't having to hide from society.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
Roland,
Do you remember when I demonstrated spotting peoples' case levels to you by London Org?

Yes. I don't forget anything. I am like a woman that way.

Something unrelated -- do you remember Dave Smith? I have good reasons to hate that guy but I don't and I still mourn his death.

And I add that I am about to catch the flight to the UK from Basel and I wish you and your partner a very happy R6mas and the same to all others here. I may seem argumentative and controversial but if you have ever met me face to face you will realise that I am a very placid guy who seeks to make friends.

Last edited: