What's new

Is There a Noticable Difference?

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
To me, spotting tone scale position means getting to know the person IRL over time.

I know that in the drill one talks to the person then makes the assessment- I've done it. But I don't think it's foolproof- or fluffy proof.

As far as glaring stares go, I've met a few churchies who had it. Seemed to me most didn't.

But that anybody would interpret it that way, as needing to have that stare,is just plain silly.

I hate to say this but the phrase "RonBot" has some validity in it.

Like I said before, the stare is unflattened TRs. The person is still "using" his eyes to confront.

Fluffy: Happy Xenumass !

Takin Time

Patron with Honors
Bots in Clearwater

Like I said before, the stare is unflattened TRs. The person is still "using" his eyes to confront.

My husband (who never was a Scientologist) told me that he can spot/identify the Scientologists from the non-Scientologists by the way they walk in downtown Clearwater.

Other people have told me that, too. I've been challenged to go drive and park in downtown Clearwater and just watch. I haven't bothered to take the time, but I think it's funny that several non-Scientologists have made the same remark about the CofSers in downtown Clearwater.

As best I can tell from the conversations, it's something like the Scientologists don't look around them, they just plow on and walk faster than normal people... but like they have blinders on... or something. (I'm not totally sure. Since I used to be "in", I probably looked like that, too. At any rate, it would have looked "normal" to me.)

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

Fluffy: Happy Xenumass !

ah - so when you finally get through all the hard TRs you end up looking just like you did before?

Sounds like getting auditing up to clear to me - first of all you read dianetics to find out that Hubbard says there is this thing called the reactive mind, you get all this auditing and training and when you finally realize that you made it all up - you are clear!

Seems to me that scientology is useful for only one thing - running out scientology...

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Hi, RPX,

The reason (in my opinion and that's all it is) that Scn'ists tend to do that may be due to the fact that Scn is possibly outgradient.

I mean, they're told not to confront with a body part. They're told to just be there comfortably. (not unlike some Buddhist drills).

They're told all sorts of things then they go and robotically do the opposite and act like complete wankers.

So maybe Scn is a taller order- even stuff Hubbard thought was basic-than originally thought.

I mean, it's very exasperating. Anybody who's done a TRs course, even an elementary one, should know not to run around like a staring freaking loon. Yet it happens.

In my courseroom they'd have been flunked.

Well, I can think of Scn things that were (and still are!) "out gradient" for me, and maybe it's like that for other people, too- but the things would vary from person to person.

I hope your Xenumass was very merry indeed.

By the way, did I ever tell you I have a cat named Xenu? No lie.

Well, her first human named her Xena...and John renamed her Xenu. She seems to prefer this to Xena which I find deeply sinister...

(just kidding. She's a gentle little girl cat, roly poly, with the teeniest paws you ever saw on an adult kitty.But who knows WHAT she did by that volcano way back when!)

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
ah - so when you finally get through all the hard TRs you end up looking just like you did before?

Sounds like getting auditing up to clear to me - first of all you read dianetics to find out that Hubbard says there is this thing called the reactive mind, you get all this auditing and training and when you finally realize that you made it all up - you are clear!

Seems to me that scientology is useful for only one thing - running out scientology...

You crack me up- definitely have a way with words, M!:)

Seriously, though- or not so seriously (I think life's too important to be taken seriously), I think the idea is that with Scn one is free to be oneself and not be modeling oneself after some long gone ally, enemy, parent whatever.

But I cannot deny that Scn often does put new artifice into a person's personality- and that's a shame.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
My husband (who never was a Scientologist) told me that he can spot/identify the Scientologists from the non-Scientologists by the way they walk in downtown Clearwater.

Other people have told me that, too. I've been challenged to go drive and park in downtown Clearwater and just watch. I haven't bothered to take the time, but I think it's funny that several non-Scientologists have made the same remark about the CofSers in downtown Clearwater.

As best I can tell from the conversations, it's something like the Scientologists don't look around them, they just plow on and walk faster than normal people... but like they have blinders on... or something. (I'm not totally sure. Since I used to be "in", I probably looked like that, too. At any rate, it would have looked "normal" to me.)

That's actually very interesting.

It's not particularly positive, either- is it? I mean, if someone acts like that, they aren't really "being there" or any of that other stuff, either.

Scn abounds with dichotomies.

pomfritz

Patron with Honors
These are the same culties that can spot a 1.1 after looking at them for 2 seconds while doing obnosis drills. Of course they completely miss the "SP" running their org for years.

They have to justify their so-called abilities somehow after spending all that time money and effort. Better to make these unprovable claims than on someone that actually shows them the fraud that has been perpetuated on them.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
These are the same culties that can spot a 1.1 after looking at them for 2 seconds while doing obnosis drills. Of course they completely miss the "SP" running their org for years.

They have to justify their so-called abilities somehow after spending all that time money and effort. Better to make these unprovable claims than on someone that actually shows them the fraud that has been perpetuated on them.

Missing these SPs is due to the blocking effect of the Marcab screens. This is handled at a higher OT level.

Ralph Hilton

Patron Meritorious
"And that's something for you to remember. If you will just
stay with me on this line, up to the first milestone in
Scientology, and bring yourself up to a high level of
ability and apply yourself to that, you will be free - free
of me and Scientology too!" LRH 3 Mar 1952

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

I think we're agreed there.

I remember going to an event locally- one of those televised Flag things. and you know how they make you fill out surveys- so that they can beef up mailing lists.

Well, even as staunch churchies, John and I really disliked that.

So we used to either not fill them out or if they put us on the spot, we'd fill it out any old way.

So there was some question to which I wrote my answer as "not relevant". Some other person- never saw them before in my life- was reading over my shoulder and then smirked and say "1.1?"

Which was heavily ironic since he was the one who, etc etc yadda yadda.

but yeah, they tend to see 1.1s and SPs behind every bush barrel and tree.