What's new

Zorg's Radiation Levels

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was trying to figure out why the news broadcasts from Japan are quoting the amount of radiation from the numbers 1 and 3 reactor explosions are in units called microsieverts. Microsieverts? I didn't even understand rems or rads in the first place. Then there are 'grays' (not the nasty alien types) and roentgens or something. Microsieverts are units to reflect the amount of radiation's biological effects whereas grays are absorbed units or the equivalent dose of rems. As in Wiki; This variation in effect is attributed to the Linear Energy Transfer [LET] of the type of radiation, creating a different relative biological effectiveness for each type of radiation under consideration.

WTF?

Here's a more simpler scale, in increasing amount of radiation nearby to really decaffeinate you:

(each successive unit is 6.66 times the number of government cabinet members divided by the number of news sources with that resulting number having the number of big news sources subtracted from it. (or 10 units of one level = 1 unit of the next worse)(to be unusually clear)

OOPS

OH OH

DAMN

AH FUCK

HOLY SHIT

EVERYONE WHO CAN HEAR THIS GTFO

THIS IS THE END

THE PUBLIC HAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. YOUR GOVERNMENT AND BIG BUSINESS HAVE EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL​

I believe the current level of radiation within 20 Km of the Japanese exploding reactor buildings is around 1-2 AH FUCKs. Should reactor #2, which is currently uncooled and at the hands of fools (mankind*), meltdown then a HOLY SHIT or an EVERYONE WHO CAN HEAR THIS GTFO amount may be released.

* "humanity", in general and our chronically stupid system of electing and then trusting incompetents and believing anything any business has to say is anywhere near any truth

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
AH FUCK

Don't ask what the 1000's of litres of seawater being pumped into Reactor 1 is going to...

My responce was "the Japanese are doing WHAT??"
Contanimation and aging nuclear reactor :nervous:
my view is: if the news crews are still there, so is the reactor/s

Last edited:

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
TYVM BA.

I guess another level should be placed in there somewhere:

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN, UPWIND, AND DON'T STOP UNTIL YOU DROP​

I just watched a few videos where the "government" and the "big business" reactor owners were explaining how and why the nuclear reactor explosions were not that serious. Pffffffffttttttt. How 2,6000 microsieverts were emitted downrange at 500 metres from a cloud that only will reach 1,500 feet (UH OH). Then, some CEO or executive engineer hackey explained that the building top blew off but not the reactor container vessels nor the actual reactor vessels:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo...t-Nuclear-Plant/Article/201103215951706?f=rss

picture.php

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12739184

HOWEVER, this guy says differently (he confirms that one of the reactors had the CORE exposed for sometime, a definite "THE PUBLIC HAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. YOUR GOVERNMENT AND BIG BUSINESS HAVE EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL" level of radioactivity):

http://www.google.ca/search?q=japan...u&sa=X&ei=ttR-TZv0JtGztwep47zuCA&ved=0CC0QqAI

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
HOLY SHIT level

Don't ask what the 1000's of litres of seawater being pumped into Reactor 1 is going to...

My responce was "the Japanese are doing WHAT??"
Contanimation and aging nuclear reactor
:nervous:

I thought about that also; the Japanese (one of mankind's very best friend, 'Tokyo Power') are SO desperate that they are to pump in millions of seawater to cool off the reactors and (meltdowns?) the vessels, that are "still intact". So, where are the millions of gallons of then highly radioactive seawater going to go? I'm sure part will evaporate from the heat as steam, to escape into the atmosphere. Safely. :unsure: :nervous:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Fukushima

THE PUBLIC HAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. YOUR GOVERNMENT AND BIG BUSINESS HAVE EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL

We have contained damage to the other 5 reactors,,,,,
The Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant is a nuclear power plant located in the town of Okuma in the Futaba District of Fukushima Prefecture. With 8 separate units located on site, Fukushima I is one of the largest nuclear plants in the world ... - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Reactor No 4 on fire

At 09:40 JST on 15 March 2011, the Unit 4 structure caught fire, likely releasing radioactive contamination from the spent fuel stored there.[109][110] TEPCO said workers extinguished the fire by 12:00. As radiation levels rose, some of the fifty employees still at the plant were evacuated.[111][112]

On the morning of 15 March 2011 (JST), Secretary Edano announced that according to the Fukushima prefectural government, the hourly radiation from the reactor unit 4 reached 100 000 μSv.[108]

Radiation sickness typically occurs at about 1000 millisieverts total dose. Normal background radiation varies from place to place but is around 2.4 millisievert per year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukushima_I_nuclear_accident

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
At 09:40 JST on 15 March 2011, the Unit 4 structure caught fire, likely releasing radioactive contamination from the spent fuel stored there.[109][110] TEPCO said workers extinguished the fire by 12:00. As radiation levels rose, some of the fifty employees still at the plant were evacuated.[111][112]
On the morning of 15 March 2011 (JST), Secretary Edano announced that according to the Fukushima prefectural government, the hourly radiation from the reactor unit 4 reached 100 000 μSv.[108]
Radiation sickness typically occurs at about 1000 millisieverts total dose. Normal background radiation varies from place to place but is around 2.4 millisievert per year
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukushima_I_nuclear_accident

Sweet Mother of Goid In Heaven!.... we need a massive amount of prayers for these Japanese people and ourselves! :bigcry:

I am having trouble holding back the grief. It was announced a while ago that reactor # 2 had indeed also exploded. It is predicted that a melt down is occuring and that the steel vessel underneath the reactor may be leaking "on fire" radioactive material. Now reports of a fire in the number 4 reactor, GOD!That's 4 out of 4 reactors! Local residents are advise to stay indoors, turn OFF all ventilation and remove all clothes fromn the outside. What about the locals who lost their hom,es in the tsunami? Where are they to go????

We are fools, toying with powers beyond our responsibility as a civilization to properly control, all for the want of lots and lots and lots money, somehow.

Some mystics and New Agers insist that Atlantis did in fact exist and had a similar fate,; that they misused an energy source that powered their civilization and destroyed themselves. Really, how far are we from that, right now?

WHO IN THE FUCK WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO CONSTRUCT NUCLEAR POWER REACTORS AND PLANTS IN THE MOST EARTHQUAKE PRONE ZONE IN THE WORLD????????? H F! God have mercy on us all!

footnote added five minutes after posting: If it all wasn't bad enough, a nuclear reactor reasearcher and designer just announced that Reactor 3 uses a mixed fuel, which included PLUTONIUM, hugely more deadly if released into the atmosphere. God help us, when will this human designed disaster all end?!!!!

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
This shit is worrying..

Found this.. And learned that a hundred tons of molten reactor core could melt it's way right down through the mantle of the Earth.. Sheesh.. Would create a vulcano I should think?
Japan nuclear crisis indepth
But contamination of the air is more threathening really..

:nervous:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.

Some mystics and New Agers insist that Atlantis did in fact exist and had a similar fate,; that they misused an energy source that powered their civilization and destroyed themselves. Really, how far are we from that, right now?

WHO IN THE FUCK WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO CONSTRUCT NUCLEAR POWER REACTORS AND PLANTS IN THE MOST EARTHQUAKE PRONE ZONE IN THE WORLD????????? H F! God have mercy on us all!

I encountered this Atlantis stuff before it was "new age". There is now evidence that Atlantis was not just a city, but a world-wide coastal "civilization" during the last ice age, and many researchers are going out into deeper water than the current continental shelves and finding buildings and other artefacts that the Religion of Main Stream Science would rather sweep under the rug.

I am equally surprised at the scale of this plant, built in the only country that has had two deliberate hostile nuclear detonations. Does anyone know if there's any intention to take the remaining four reactors off-line?

This shit is worrying..

Found this.. And learned that a hundred tons of molten reactor core could melt it's way right down through the mantle of the Earth.. Sheesh.. Would create a vulcano I should think?

If a meltdown does happen, every country on the planet will be harboring Japanese refugees, because when the molten fuel hits the underground water table there's your explosion which would likely blow Japan right out of the water.

Krakatoa was a natural volcanic disaster, which sent shock waves around the Earth seven times. If this isn't brought under control very quickly, I don't think "greenhoax gases" will be of particular worry to anyone.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
<snip> If a meltdown does happen, - <snip>
Well, I don't see how it's not going to happen really! - Fuck.. I'd like to be 'educated' as to how?

We've heard that the cores are already too hot for the seawater to have any cooling effect.. Which to me means that the shit is getting hotter with no remedy. And it's a couple or more of reactors in this situation?

Well.. Shit! :nervous:

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
OOPS

OH OH

DAMN

AH FUCK

HOLY SHIT

THIS IS THE END

THE PUBLIC HAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. YOUR GOVERNMENT AND BIG BUSINESS HAVE EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL​

I like your scale but I would replace THIS IS THE END with

PUT YOUR HEAD BETWEEN YOUR KNEES AND KISS YOUR ASS GOODBYE.

Mystic

Crusader
I was trying to figure out why the news broadcasts from Japan are quoting the amount of radiation from the numbers 1 and 3 reactor explosions are in units called microsieverts. Microsieverts? I didn't even understand rems or rads in the first place. Then there are 'grays' (not the nasty alien types) and roentgens or something. Microsieverts are units to reflect the amount of radiation's biological effects whereas grays are absorbed units or the equivalent dose of rems. As in Wiki; This variation in effect is attributed to the Linear Energy Transfer [LET] of the type of radiation, creating a different relative biological effectiveness for each type of radiation under consideration.

WTF?

Here's a more simpler scale, in increasing amount of radiation nearby to really decaffeinate you:

(each successive unit is 6.66 times the number of government cabinet members divided by the number of news sources with that resulting number having the number of big news sources subtracted from it. (or 10 units of one level = 1 unit of the next worse)(to be unusually clear)

OOPS

OH OH

DAMN

AH FUCK

HOLY SHIT

THIS IS THE END

I believe the current level of radiation within 20 Km of the Japanese exploding reactor buildings is around 1-2 AH FUCKs. Should reactor #2, which is currently uncooled and at the hands of fools (mankind*), meltdown then a HOLY SHIT or an EVERYONE WHO CAN HEAR THIS GTFO amount may be released.

* "humanity", in general and our chronically stupid system of electing and then trusting incompetents and believing anything any business has to say is anywhere near any truth

Finally someone has put some sense into this measurement of radiation. Thanks, Zorggie.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Well, I don't see how it's not going to happen really! - Fuck.. I'd like to be 'educated' as to how?

We've heard that the cores are already too hot for the seawater to have any cooling effect.. Which to me means that the shit is getting hotter with no remedy. And it's a couple or more of reactors in this situation?

Well.. Shit! :nervous:

Reactors 1 & 3 are both contaminated with sea water which means they will never be in service again. It is now a case of pumping in more sea water and venting steam. Once the temperature is back within "normal" limits, they have to remove each fuel rod, one at a time. Then they will have to drain the cores and, like Chernobyl, seal them in solid concrete.

Fortunately for us, Nature does clean up some of our messes. I have heard that radioactive contaminated land can be sown with Sunflowers, and after cropping the contamination is significantly reduced, and no trace of it is found in the Sunflowers. This would suggest that life forms considered "lower" than our own are capable of the Alchemists' dream: transmutation of elements.

I like your scale but I would replace THIS IS THE END with

PUT YOUR HEAD BETWEEN YOUR KNEES AND KISS YOUR ASS GOODBYE.

Honestly when it gets to that level, I don't think you'll have time! It'll be:

"Mind that blast!"
"What blast?"
Foop! And your shadow is permanently etched into the nearest wall behind where you used to be.

Edit: I'm still waiting if anyone can inform me about the remaining four reactors being taken off-line until the situation is resolved.

A friend just provided this link:

http://www.alttokyo.com/tokyo-radiation-2/

And this:

http://mitnse.com

http://english.kyodonews.jp/

http://www.bousai.ne.jp/en

http://www.sailwx.info/wxobs/winddirection.phtml

Last edited:

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
I encountered this Atlantis stuff before it was "new age". There is now evidence that Atlantis was not just a city, but a world-wide coastal "civilization" during the last ice age, and many researchers are going out into deeper water than the current continental shelves and finding buildings and other artefacts that the Religion of Main Stream Science would rather sweep under the rug.

I am equally surprised at the scale of this plant, built in the only country that has had two deliberate hostile nuclear detonations. Does anyone know if there's any intention to take the remaining four reactors off-line?

If a meltdown does happen, every country on the planet will be harboring Japanese refugees, because when the molten fuel hits the underground water table there's your explosion which would likely blow Japan right out of the water.

Krakatoa was a natural volcanic disaster, which sent shock waves around the Earth seven times. If this isn't brought under control very quickly, I don't think "greenhoax gases" will be of particular worry to anyone.

If that #3 reactor at Tokyo Power Authority's Fukushima Daiichi plant, with plutonium as part of the fuel mix, goes up in smoke then a lot of millions of people are screwed. Plutonium is insanely poisonous. It has a half life of forever or something. :nervous:

"NOW I AM BECOME DEATH, THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS"

-Dr. Robert Oppenheimer's translation of the sanskrit verse from the Bhagavad Gita after witnessing The Trinity Bomb's detonation on July 16, 1945.

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Reactors 1 & 3 are both contaminated with sea water which means they will never be in service again. It is now a case of pumping in more sea water and venting steam. Once the temperature is back within "normal" limits, they have to remove each fuel rod, one at a time. Then they will have to drain the cores and, like Chernobyl, seal them in solid concrete. <snip>
Yes.. That's what we hear, and I hope it's true and get's done. But there has been 'news' (I can't judge reliability..) that the cores was completely dry for hours. Well, with the damping plates in place presumably.. How long before the temperature get so high that cooling becomes impossible? - One japanese scientist speculated that the inner metal containment in one reactor actually leaked already...

Fortunately for us, Nature does clean up some of our messes. I have heard that radioactive contaminated land can be sown with Sunflowers, and after cropping the contamination is significantly reduced, and no trace of it is found in the Sunflowers. This would suggest that life forms considered "lower" than our own are capable of the Alchemists' dream: transmutation of elements.
That's amazing!

:yes:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Yes.. That's what we hear, and I hope it's true and get's done. But there has been 'news' (I can't judge reliability..) that the cores was completely dry for hours. Well, with the damping plates in place presumably.. How long before the temperature get so high that cooling becomes impossible? - One japanese scientist speculated that the inner metal containment in one reactor actually leaked already...

That's amazing!

:yes:

The links in my previous post are all out of Tokyo without the Western Hype.

Last edited:

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
It gets more and more curioser....

Early morning here in Southern Canada and whilst looking for recent news about the reactors I discovered that news sources about the nuclear disater are drying up; only two articles. :unsure:

Following RPX's link I found this interesting summation from the Kyodo News regarding the two (there's two???) Fukushima reactor plants:

http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/03/78242.html
The following is the known status as of Tuesday evening for each of the six reactors at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant and the four reactors at the Fukushima No. 2 plant, both in Fukushima Prefecture, crippled by Friday's magnitude 9.0 earthquake and ensuing tsunami.

Fukushima No. 1

-- Reactor No. 1 - Cooling failure, partial melting of core, vapor vented, hydrogen explosion, seawater pumped in.

-- Reactor No. 2 - Cooling failure, seawater pumped in, fuel rods fully exposed temporarily, damage to containment system, potential meltdown feared.

-- Reactor No. 3 - Cooling failure, partial melting of core feared, vapor vented, seawater pumped in, hydrogen explosion, high-level radiation measured nearby.

-- Reactor No. 4 - Under maintenance when quake struck, fire caused possibly by hydrogen explosion at pool holding spent fuel rods, pool water levels feared receding.

-- Reactor No. 5 - Under maintenance when quake struck.

-- Reactor No. 6 - Under maintenance when quake struck.

Fukushima No. 2

-- Reactor No. 1 - Cooling failure, then cold shutdown.

-- Reactor No. 2 - Cooling failure, then cold shutdown.

-- Reactor No. 3 - Cold shutdown.

-- Reactor No. 4 - Cooling failure, then cold shutdown.

==Kyodo

(bold emphasis added)

Three other reactors had a cooling failure? Jesus, just when you think....

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
It gets more and more curioser....

Early morning here in Southern Canada and whilst looking for recent news about the reactors I discovered that news sources about the nuclear disater are drying up; only two articles. :unsure:

Following RPX's link I found this interesting summation from the Kyodo News regarding the two (there's two???)

This link is blunt fact, it is minute by minute graph of radiation, air pressure and temperature.

http://www.alttokyo.com/tokyo-radiation-2/

All those above links came from a friend who has lived in Japan and has a Japanese wife. A friend in Japan has a Geiger Counter, and so does this guy back in Australia -- both instruments were showing the same pattern as the Tokyo graph.

There are eight reactors. 1, 2, 3 & 4 are all "not quite right", and I still want to know if someone has exercised common sense and shutdown the remaining four reactors.

OK, we all know that there is nothing in Japan that isn't connected to the electrical grid. With this power plant off-line, I'm guessing that even Internet-addicted kids will have little choise but to walk up to the roof of their building and use natural light to read ... a book.*

Book: A non-volatile random access storage medium.