What's new

Concerning the Ethiers and Blackmail

Terril park

Sponsor
I'm not sure exactly what your asking me here but I'll take a guess.

Marty Rathbun......hmmmmm.....It's hard to say what I think of Marty because my opinion changes a bit (or a lot) nearly every day. Originally I thought "YAY Mark Rathbun is out! Wooo Hoooo!" Then Marty posted on ESMB and I thought "What a complete wanker". Then as Marty started posting on his blog I fluctuated between "Oh cool, Marty is really gunna do some damage here" to "God dammit, when is he gunna stop blaming DM and take some responsibility himself?" to "Shit - he just doesn't get it. He's a dedicated Hubbardite who'll never see the truth".

As to his motives - my opinion on that has changed too. Originally I thought he was just gunna be an ex who can tell some good stories, do some damage to DM and live a fairly normal life. Then I saw him cultivating his "people" and trying to pass himself off as a techspert. The attack on Jeff Hawkins really changed my viewpoint of Marty. Then more recently the attack on Mayo has just about ruined any chance he had with me of being credible.

Now I'm inclined to think he's on a mission, not from DM, but from somewhere else - or even just his own doing through a messiah complex. I really wish I could still believe that he just wants a quiet field practice where he makes a comfortable living & nothing more. But I don't think that now.

I'd be a fool if I said I knew his motivations. I, like everyone else, can only guess. l don't think he's ever made that clear, and that alone is suspicious to me.

With regard to Karen she has said a few times she wants to end the current regime and in particular is mad about her son being alienated from her and ex Heber being incarcerated. And boy is she good at what she does.

So much in common with Marty there, and most here. Leastwise when
not bashing the FZ. :)

Re Marty I think what he's trying to do is rescue scientology. He is one who
takes KSW quite seriously, and that seems to be the people he's attracting.

When he started his blog maybe it was touch and go that it would take of so well. More likely he tapped into an area of people who needed to express themselves and found no where better to do it. Much like you have. Of
course his former rank must have helped enormously.

I find his dismissing the FZ as squirrels somewhat odd. As I punched home in my last post to his blog most of the people he knows who actually audit or C/S are well entrenched in the FZ.

This may be a hangover of a rigid KSW mindset, although I consider him somewhat flexible, it may be personal marketing for his " brand".

His remarks against Mayo may be connected to his views on the FZ.
I consider them as something of a footbullet to whatever exactly his goals are. So many have great respect for Mayo, and he's taken a bit of flack on
that, and he's allowed much through to his credit.

Maybe its his way of getting others out of CO$?

With regard to Karen she has said a few times she wants to end the current regime and in particular is mad about her son being alienated from her and ex Heber being incarcerated. And boy is she good at what she does.

Karen is a jewell. It is unfathomable to me that she didn't appear much earlier.

Re Marty I think what he's trying to do is rescue scientology. He is one who
takes KSW quite seriously, and that seems to be the people he's attracting.

It is his being the right person at the right time. Like attracts like. He is slow to get the obvious. That is what the remainder of the clams need.

Gadfly

Crusader
Is it something to do with mass piling up?

Mass causes stupidity, and stupid acts.

Didn't Hubturd say somewhere that obesity basically involved a "problem with havingness". Where the person was running some chronic "must have", and he or she ended up with LOTS of extra pounds! :confused2:

Ah, the fun of trying to make sense of things through the lens of Scientology figure-figure.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Didn't Hubturd say somewhere that obesity basically involved a "problem with havingness". Where the person was running some chronic "must have", and he or she ended up with LOTS of extra pounds! :confused2:

Yeah...must have only a seat, must have only a taxi must have only 2 seats on a plane, its all must be static to be an OT

I am intrested in what service facsimiles you percieve. Just curious

Simply put from my perspective, MR's attacks on David Mayo come from his own need to justify the major role he has played in destroying the AAC's and crippling the freedom of the Mayo's to live without fear of the church and the vindictive nature of those who believe hubbard could do no wrong.

MR, of course, was responsible for crippling the lives of many, not just David. However, David's situation was unique in that he is an highly respected former member of the church who was in the '80s succeeding at providing an alternative to the corrupt & repressive practices of the church, while hubbard was still alive & MR was serving actively serving as a church 'enforcer'. David was a threat to hubbard & the church precisely because he was delivering scientology services in a fashion where everyone were enjoying themselves tremendously and gaining from their various services.

Mark A. Baker