What's new

ESMB Poster "David Mayo"

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Someone is posting as "David Mayo" and saying little beyond giving acknowledgements.

I don't know, but if I had to guess, I would guess it's an imposter, based on the fact that the real David Mayo hasn't been posting on the Intertubes since, what, 1999?

However, I'm willing to be surprised. :)

Can anyone verify it one way or another?

Here's my attempt:

I only exchanged one brief communication with the man. It was after an event at the Felbridge Hotel in East Grinstead around 1982, which the real David Mayo may well remember, considering the circumstances. I was selling Scientology passports. What line did I use on you, "David Mayo"? You laughed and said, "As you wish."

Paul

Hatshepsut

Crusader
It aint him. I've read a couple of those posts. Operation Spring is afoot. There is going to be more or this!

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
There are other ways he could prove:

--> By using a recent picture (not on the net) as his avatar, for example.

--> He can prove it to me by posting the message I'm going to write him to his famous email address [email protected] (assuming it still works)​

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
I only exchanged one brief communication with the man. It was after an event at the Felbridge Hotel in East Grinstead around 1982, which the real David Mayo may well remember, considering the circumstances. I was selling Scientology passports. What line did I use on you, "David Mayo"? You laughed and said, "As you wish." Paul

I am David Mayo, posing as the Great Zorg. :yes:

The line you used was: "I'll put one aside just for you." :thumbsup:

"I'll pay you back that £10 note I borrowed as soon as I sell a few of these?" :confused2:

"This one is for you, for free?" :unsure:

"Please step to the back of the line, sir!?" :unsure:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
VaD: David Mayo was the Snr C/S Int for many years, and prior to that, the Snr C/S Flag. He was Ron's auditor, he developed NOTS, and he was probably the most respected figure in Free/Independent Scientology to have emerged from the Church. He has come under attack by Marty and Mike, who stand to benefit as new leaders in this area, and who participated and planned the takeover of David Miscavige from David Mayo and Mary Sue Hubbard. Subsequently, he lead the largest Independent movement that has ever existed (hundreds of org/groups), and then was silenced as part of a settlement between Dr. Frank Gerbode and the Church of Scientology in 1994. His last known participation online was in 1995, I believe, on alt.religion.scientology, and it was a farewell notice.

His re-emergence at this time would be catastrophic for Mike and Marty, and for David Miscavige, and would probably unite the Independents in a way that has never happened since his time at the AAC's, and would probably be larger than that, if he wanted it to be. If he has ceased being a Scientologist, that would be a giant shock to many people's "stable data", and would be worthy of note in its own right.

While I would welcome him back to the discussions, it is an extraordinary claim to say you are him, and as such, requires extraordinary evidence.

Does that explain why people would be suspicious?

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
VaD: David Mayo was the Snr C/S Int for many years, and prior to that, the Snr C/S Flag. He was Ron's auditor, he developed NOTS, and he was probably the most respected figure in Free/Independent Scientology to have emerged from the Church. He has come under attack by Marty and Mike, who stand to benefit as new leaders in this area, and who participated and planned the takeover of David Miscavige from David Mayo and Mary Sue Hubbard. Subsequently, he lead the largest Independent movement that has ever existed (hundreds of org/groups), and then was silenced as part of a settlement between Dr. Frank Gerbode and the Church of Scientology in 1994. His last known participation online was in 1995, I believe, on alt.religion.scientology, and it was a farewell notice.

His re-emergence at this time would be catastrophic for Mike and Marty, and for David Miscavige, and would probably unite the Independents in a way that has never happened since his time at the AAC's, and would probably be larger than that, if he wanted it to be. If he has ceased being a Scientologist, that would be a giant shock to many people's "stable data", and would be worthy of note in its own right.

While I would welcome him back to the discussions, it is an extraordinary claim to say you are him, and as such, requires extraordinary evidence.

:yes: :yes:

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
VaD: While I would welcome him back to the discussions, it is an extraordinary claim to say you are him, and as such, requires extraordinary evidence.

This is just f**king ridiculously suspicious!

Emma, after all this long "exile" of mine, asked me on Facebook if I wanted to re-join ESMB again and that I be nice, ... and now you suspect me of imposting David Mayo??

No, but it is also "well known" that Mayo (almost certainly) has been gagged.

A gag wouldn't stop him coming here and saying "hello", the weather here is nice today"! Anything he couldn't answer he could avoid. He could never be prevented from identifying himself.

It would also depend in which country he was living in as well. If he was back in New Zealand I doubt if the cof$ would pursue the matter, but I may be wrong.

As "David Mayo" replied directly to me (and Robin) I will say "hello" back!

Martin

uniquemand

Unbeliever
read it again. I probably should have said "it is an extraordinary claim to say one is he". apologies for sloppy language

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Misunderstood

Emma, after all this long "exile" of mine, asked me on Facebook if I wanted to re-join ESMB again and that I be nice, ... and now you suspect me of imposting David Mayo??

VaD, I think you misundertood the post. Uniquemand did not mean YOU, he was saying anyone coming on here claiming to be David Mayo would come under suspicion.

Yeah it is hard to believe. He's been gone - and is not likely to come back. Period. So to show up . . . Well, like others, I hope it really is him. But it would not be accepted until he proved it, somehow.

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

If he has ceased being a Scientologist, that would be a giant shock to many people's "stable data", and would be worthy of note in its own right.

-snip-

Fifteen years ago or so, David Mayo announced that he had ceased being a Scientologist. Someone even posted the statement yesterday or the day before. It wasn't news to me, but apparently some haven't heard yet.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator

What? Vad I haven't even posted in this thread. How can I think anything when I haven't posted?

Anyway.....

The poster David Mayo registered with the email address that David Mayo has used for over a decade. The email registration was obviously received and activated for him to start posting.

When I saw the registration I thought "OMG he's using Mayos actual email address so either its a troll who expects me to push the registration through without the email address verification, OR it's actually David Mayo."

When I got up this morning I found that he'd been posting so I'm guessing he activated the email verification.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
What? Vad I haven't even posted in this thread. How can I think anything when I haven't posted?

Anyway.....

The poster David Mayo registered with the email address that David Mayo has used for over a decade. The email registration was obviously received and activated for him to start posting.

When I saw the registration I thought "OMG he's using Mayos actual email address so either its a troll who expects me to push the registration through without the email address verification, OR it's actually David Mayo."

When I got up this morning I found that he'd been posting so I'm guessing he activated the email verification.

:happydance:

:welcome2: David!!

Mary

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Fifteen years ago or so, David Mayo announced that he had ceased being a Scientologist. Someone even posted the statement yesterday or the day before. It wasn't news to me, but apparently some haven't heard yet.

I wasn't aware that he had made that sort of a categorical statement. I am glad to hear it. I don't know if that means he has abandoned "the tech", or his take on it, though, and would be interested to hear about that. Certainly he was participating in "clearing work" through the beginning of the nineties, at least.

Anyway.....

Wow. This means (if it is the public [email protected]) that either it really is him, or that Homer gave access to that account to himself or someone else? I don't know how that would work. Lightlink is Homer's company, right?

At any rate, this is enough for me to cease demanding evidence before I welcome him.

David, welcome to ESMB!

We have never met. I was twelve years old and had never heard of scientology when you were subject to Miscavige's power grab. Later, after you had departed the Church (delicately put), I was in the Qual library at Boston Day, and ran across a bulletin with your name on it. I asked about you, because I hadn't heard of you, and was nearly assaulted by the Director of OSA in Boston at the time as she spluttered about how they had "done a number on you and Franks and all those other SPs". This really bothered me, as you'd been Snr C/S Int, and it made me doubt seriously whether I wanted to be part of an organization which declared it's most senior tech guys. Later, I remembered this and started searching online for you. It was a good place to start pulling apart the onion of the Scientology organization and "technology" for myself.

I want to say a big THANK YOU for having the integrity to leave, for your efforts with the AACs, and for your contributions the work I currently do in metapsychology. Your words, both on video and in print, have been inspirational, thought-provoking... I don't put you on a pedestal, but I look forward to hearing your views today.