What's new

The Sea Org Does Whatever It Takes To Create A Sane Planet

Because wearing fake navy costumes, and pretending to battle fake enemies, in a fake navy, is such a sane thing to do.

SeaOrg3.jpg

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Those salvation navy faux uniforms are so cutsey.

Who doesn't burst out laughing when they see one of those arrogant bastards prancing down the sidewalk ?

I have to ask 'em " Where is your fleet '? "
"Are you on shore leave for the weekend? "
or
" Hey, there ain't no nudie bars in this part of town ! "

Why don't they think that's funny?

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
The lanyards are the goofy part. Real military and naval uniforms do sometimes include them, but only for personnel holding a few special appointments (which are not usually particularly important, more ceremonial), and only in full dress.

Otherwise, I think the CofS slipped back a step when it discovered metal effects for their graphics, and dropped the crystalline look they had before. The gold and silver stuff is flashy, but pretending to look like solid metal just emphasizes that all you really have is a picture. The crystal look was more abstract and ethereal. It made a more effective suggestion that spiritual powers might be real. The older, blue-light-and-crystal Scn posters can give even me a wistful feeling. The current chrome junk just looks cheap.

I had a girlfriend once, whose husband was in the US Navy. She wrote something on his underpants with a marker pen (something lovey dovey). It could be read through his white dress pants. He had a meeting with a CO, who noticed it. They made him turn around so that they could read it through his pants.

picture.php

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
The lanyards are the goofy part. Real military and naval uniforms do sometimes include them, but only for personnel holding a few special appointments (which are not usually particularly important, more ceremonial), and only in full dress.

Otherwise, I think the CofS slipped back a step when it discovered metal effects for their graphics, and dropped the crystalline look they had before. The gold and silver stuff is flashy, but pretending to look like solid metal just emphasizes that all you really have is a picture. The crystal look was more abstract and ethereal. It made a more effective suggestion that spiritual powers might be real. The older, blue-light-and-crystal Scn posters can give even me a wistful feeling. The current chrome junk just looks cheap.

Watch out they might actually listen to you.

J. Swift

Patron with Honors
The "Church" is a strange occultic carnival of deranged OT's, lawyers, PI's, psychotics, and assorted victims led by a fake navy and commanded by an insane Dictator with an unlimited budget and no good ideas of how to spend it. Hence, a Nonstop Trash Parade of Lunacy is the VFP of the Cult:

CrazyTown-1.png

/////

Last edited:

BunnySkull

But boy are those deluded SO members proud of wearing a lanyard.

I've read a few mention of the cult having to buy their various SO military ribbons and medals from pawn stores or estate sales - anywhere you could find US military uniform stuff. Now I would guess by now the SO has the it own custom made medals, right? But what actual US military stuff did they buy and wear on their SO uniforms back in the day

Dilettante

Patron Meritorious
The "Church" is a strange occultic carnival of deranged OT's, lawyers, PI's, psychotics, and assorted victims led by a fake navy and commanded by an insane Dictator with an unlimited budget and no good ideas of how to spend it. Hence, a Nonstop Trash Parade of Lunacy is the VFP of the Cult:

CrazyTown-1.png

/////

:thumbsup:

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
even better!

CrazyTown-1.png

/////

This one is even better than the last one I saw you did on the Clambake!

Pete

T

TheSneakster

Sea Org Valence: Cold Chrome Steel No Sympathy. And that's what they are promoting you will become as a Sea Org Member ? No Thanks.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
While at CLO EUS, in Manhattan, there were regular dockings of US Naval ships on the west side docks. The Naval members would constantly walk up and down 48th st on their way to the city.

As they passed by CLO EUS, they would actually salute any of the CO's or otherwise dress white uniformed Sea Org, ie CMO etc that would be outside the CLO.

I couldn't help but feel sick how people who risk their lives to keep America safe from enemies would accidentally, out of training, salute a completely bogus bunch of people who do nothing but waste their time for a scam, but dress as if they are superior officers demanding respect from military personnel.

Opter

CrazyTown-1.png

/////

So very true!!!!!!!!:yes::thumbsup::D

Opter