What's new

Nitty Gritty Down-and-Dirty Scientology Poll

Does Scientology Work?

• YES, it works if applied exactly as L. Ron wrote it.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • YES, it works but it had to be modified.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • YES, it works outside of the current "church" environment.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • MAYBE it works. It's different with everyone.

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • MAYBE it works if applied exactly as Hubbard wrote it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, it never really worked at all; it's all brainwashing.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • NO, it never really worked because it was not finely tuned by Hubbard.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, it does not work at all and never will, Hubbard was just wrong.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • DON'T CARE, I can still sell it and make money.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • DON"T KNOW if it works, but it really doesn't maybe. Maybe not. I'm still confused.

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here's the dividing line at ESMB, a chance to look at how many camps are here.

I will try and set the poll results as private so no one can see who voted on what, to avoid complications.

The poll: Does Scientology Work?

This poll will close in 30 days.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Depends upon what you mean by "working". If Scientology was created with the intention to enslave people and con them out of hundreds of thousands of dollars than I would say it works quite well. :yes:

Last edited:

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Depends upon what you mean by "working". If Scientology was created with the intention to enslave people and con them out of hundreds of thousands of dollars than I would say it works quite well. :yes:

In other words, choice #6 would be the closest answer.

Only 10 options are allowed.

Maybe Emma can set the polls here to list 600 possible, tailor-made choices?

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

Exactly. Seems we've had this debate here before.

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
I prefer to not vote.... Nothing (in this poll) fits me as a good answer.... I mean NOTHING.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
In other words, choice #6 would be the closest answer.

Option #6 isn't really close enough to choose that option. I do believe that there are some things within Scn that "work"............................it's not just simply all "brainwashing". When one goes fishing you've got to put some quality bait onto the hook in order to attract the fish and same within scientology.

When fishing if you could convince the fish that the bait he is checking out is his ONLY solution, and if he doesn't go with that option for lunch then he will never be able to satisfy his needs completely and in fact he will even get even hungrier, then this would be much more scientological.

You've got to put good stuff into a trap in order to entrap a thetan and I would say that Mr. Hubbard mastered that ability.
And I believe that that was his intention all along. So yes, scientology works! :thumbsup:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Was torn between choices 2 and 4. I would have said "Sometimes" rather than "maybe". But overall, I like the poll.

I think sometimes some of it works. SOMETIMES. And maybe the "maybe" aspect Zorgie put in belongs there, too.

And I also think there are other things out there (than Scn) that a person can also do. Some of those things probably work as well and I'm guessing that a number of them work better than Scn.

But I do value some of the things I came across in Scn. I hope people won't mind that I've said that.

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Scientology works exzactly the way Hubbard intended it to. He cleared your bank into his bank (account that is.)

One of the "best" con artists to ever come down the pike.

Ordo Xenous

Patron
Is it really necessary to clarify that "YES" means that Scientology actually and uniformly improves people's abilities and condition in life?

Mystic

Crusader
Scientology works exzactly the way Hubbard intended it to. He cleared your bank into his bank (account that is.)

Yarr.

scifaggOTry also works to make you believe it works with its "cognitions" and all. Falling prey to "cognitions", tsk tsk. Cognac is easier to withdraw from.

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
Yarr.

scifaggOTry also works to make you believe it works with its "cognitions" and all. Falling prey to "cognitions", tsk tsk. Cognac is easier to withdraw from.

Yarr, it might work with very idealistic, young, willing to believe kids. But the sour taste of failed expectations lingers far longer than an hysteria induced groupthink. Come to think of it, the only thing that kept me involved was smiling sexy women and people all around me saying how "deep" this was or that was. Then I discovered the highest OT didn't have a clue about the real world and had no ability to change it.

Mystic

Crusader
Yarr, it might work with very idealistic, young, willing to believe kids. But the sour taste of failed expectations lingers far longer than an hysteria induced groupthink. Come to think of it, the only thing that kept me involved was smiling sexy women and people all around me saying how "deep" this was or that was. Then I discovered the highest OT didn't have a clue about the real world and had no ability to change it.

This, directly from the horse's mouth.

(If you aren't familiar with the Winnie and Secretariat jokes, this makes no sense.)

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
This, directly from the horse's mouth.

(If you aren't familiar with the Winnie and Secretariat jokes, this makes no sense.)

In my 2 1/2 years of total indoctrination and brainwashed slavery on staff, I fell head-over-heels for three women.

The first eventually married a rich "oatie". That's all she wanted to do. There's a name for women like that.

The second was dating a clam who would eventually blow his brains out. He was OT II.

The third married a clown on staff, divorced him and died of cancer 3 years later.

Scientology is too hard on the heart.

Yep he set out to build a cult of slaves to worship him and he succeeded. People who get sidetracked debating if Scientology can help people, simply do not understand what Scientology really is, or do not want to understand what Scientology really is.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Yes, it's quite a conundrum. Especially for those who feel they've actually benefitted from scientology or helped others with scientology. Some people seem to believe/know one thing and some people seem to believe/know something different.

Continuing with my Terry Pratchett mini-campaign;

"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It's where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett