What's new

Medicine and Dianetics

Terril park

Sponsor
This was posted to Ivy list and I was also asked to my forum. This is
fascinating data that as far as I've read at the very least validates Dianetics, and appears to have opened new avenues for medicine.

First a quote from the website in the forwarded post:-

Dr. Hamer’s research began in 1979 ...

... after the tragic loss of his son Dirk (see Biography). Shortly after Dirk’s death, Dr. Hamer was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Since he had never been seriously ill, he assumed that the development of his cancer could be directly related to the traumatic event he had experienced. At that time Dr. Hamer was head internist of a cancer clinic at the University of Munich, Germany. There he began to systematically study his patients regarding the causes, development and healing process of their cancers. What he discovered was revolutionary!

Dr. Hamer found that every DISEASE originates from an unexpected shock experience. He established that such a sudden shock affects not only the psyche, but impacts at the same time (visible on a brain scan) the part of the brain that corresponds biologically to the specific trauma. Whether the body responds to the unexpected event with a tumor growth (cancer), with tissue degeneration, or with functional loss, is determined by the exact type of conflict shock. So far, Dr. Hamer has been able to confirm these discoveries with over 40,000 case studies. Since HEALING can only occur after the conflict has been resolved, German New Medicine therapy focuses on identifying and resolving the original shock.

Dr. Hamer is the first to prove scientifically that cancer, for example, is not - as previously thought - a senseless proliferation of deadly cancer cells but rather part of a Significant Biological Special Program (SBS) of Nature that has been successfully practiced for millions of years of evolution.

German New Medicine offers a completely new understanding of what we commonly call “diseases”. By understanding the Five Biological Laws that Dr. Hamer discovered, we liberate ourselves from the fear and panic that often come with the onset of an illness. Truly, a gift to humanity!

Since 1988, Dr. Hamer’s findings have been tested and verified by many physicians and professorial associations through signed documents (see verifications).

Dr. Hamer’s German New Medicine has a success rate of 92 percent (details).

=====================
There is a German New Medicine seminar coming up in Salzburg, Austria on
August 27 to September 4 /2011.

This seminar will be the last such seminar taught for some time to come.

The instructor, a former professor from Magil University in Montreal is
highly qualified.

I just completed taking the seminar in Canada. My opinion is that no one
should be auditing unless you know this stuff down cold. You only know half
of what you need to know.

All though it is not related to Dianetics, and has it's own language,
co-incidently it is Dianetics for the GE and a lot more. She covers the
cause of every engram and contents, for almost every disease, physical
disorder, mental disorder, mania, unwanted condition, there is, and what
resolves it.

The data is mind blowing. The data takes off from where Hubbard left off in
Dianetics,
where Hubbard says that he hopes that some day, that someone will figure out
the engrams of the GE. Such has been done in detail here.

This is "a must take" for every auditor, every healer of any kind.

You will learn why many people died of cancer after auditing certain levels
and how to prevent any deaths and other problems.

Don't miss this rare opportunity to take this most valuable seminar.

This website gives some information on what GNM is:

http://learninggnm.ca/

This is the page of the seminar details:

http://learninggnm.ca/documents/europe_gnm_events.html

Please forward this notice (post) to all other similar comm lines and
individuals that you may know of that are in the healing arts.

SpecialFrog

Silver Meritorious Patron
It seems this guy uses "Scientifically Proven" in the way that Hubbard did.

From the wikipedia entry on this guy:

Hamer's license to practice medicine was revoked in 1986 by a court judgment in Germany, which was reconfirmed in 2003. As he continued to treat patients, Hamer was investigated several times on allegations of malpractice and the death of patients.[3] He was jailed for 12 months in Germany from 1997 to 1998, and served a prison term from September 2004 to February 2006 in Fleury-Mérogis, France on counts of fraud and illegal practicing. He subsequently lived in voluntary exile in Spain until March 2007, where Spanish doctors hold him responsible for several tens of preventable deaths.

Edited: He also claimed western medicine is part of a Jewish conspiracy.

Last edited:

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, but don't go into total rejection mode just because some people don't like the guy doing what he did. First read up on it and get to know what it is all about and then make your own decision.

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
You have to be seriously deluded to believe that upper level auditing (done incorrectly, I assume) can cause cancer. The mind can have a strong effect on our physical well-being, but to claim that every disease originates from a traumatic experience is ridiculous. Well , I guess truth is what's true for you...

SpecialFrog

Yeah, but don't go into total rejection mode just because some people don't like the guy doing what he did. First read up on it and get to know what it is all about and then make your own decision.

While there may be something to his ideas, throwing around "scientifically proven" medical claims with no peer-reviewed studies to back them up is almost always an indication of quackery.

Additionally, his claim that Jews use his methods and have devised other treatments for the purpose of harming non-Jews doesn't help his credibility.

A lot of his support seems to come from right-wing anti-Semites.

RogerB

Crusader
Hmmm,

That he was sued by the German Medical establishment is no surprise. The same shit goes on here in the US. I personally have had contact with several real geniuses and stars who developed and practiced exceptional talent in healing/curing situations conventionally accepted medicine could not deal with, and who ended up being hit with legal suit by "the establishment" . . . indeed, there is a law firm in the US who specifically targets these practitioners and uses plants (pretended patients) who go in to set these doctors up.

I personally was targeted by such while a board member of Health Education AIDS Liaison in the late 1980's.

However, reading the opening post, I see some validity in the theory that shocks cause and result in physical bodily impact that can/do result in later physical degeneration cum disease.

If anyone is interested in getting some real data and experience of this, read Alan Walter's shock handling procedure and data, and use it.

One of the questions on the R/D is "Where did the shock impact on your body?"

The mechanics of shocks are that one's spiritual life force as applied to the Being's wanted futures (that you are creating) and engaged in, collapses in on the Being.

The result is a traumatic mis-alignment and condensing of life-force energy in the bodily area of the impact.

I have written earlier on ESMB my observation that "cancer" is a condition of stuck/jammed energy exchanges.

My recommendation is that for anyone interested in knowing the truth of this, check your own history for any real, catastrophic shocks (shit like abuse in the Cof$cn or being wrongly declared or such) and do Alan's shock handling . . . and experience for yourself the results.

Here is a link to Alan's original Internet posting of his Shock Handling:
ftp://ftp.lightlink.com/pub/archive/acw/shock.memo
Here is the link to "all" his early tech posts: ftp://ftp.lightlink.com/pub/archive/acw/

Rog

thefatman

Patron with Honors
How many fucking times do people have to say this:

Correlation does NOT equal causation.

In other words, just because A happens after B does not mean A caused B. In this instance, just because Hamer got cancer after his son died, does not mean the emotional trauma he experienced as a result of that caused the cancer to happen. Just like Dianetics, Hamer's research is taken on an ipse dixit basis and holds no bearing in science. As for his so called 92% success rate, what qualifies as "successful" for Hamer?

As for the "truth is what's true for you" statement that Captain Koolaid referred to (a statement that basically outlines the bullshit that is Dianetics) is utterly laughable. If it's the case, I don't accept that gravity is real... oh wait...

Also, how on Earth does this relate to Dianetics at all?

thefatman

Patron with Honors
I personally have had contact with several real geniuses and stars who developed and practiced exceptional talent in healing/curing situations conventionally accepted medicine could not deal with, and who ended up being hit with legal suit by "the establishment"

I think you'll find that "conventionally accepted medicine" is incredibly open minded, "alternative" treatments however, are not. Science goes "If you have the evidence to back your claim up, awesome" alternative treatments go "this is how our system works, accept it or piss off". Is it a bit of a strawman argument? Sure, but that's what this boils down to.

Quackery, I won't dignify such fraud as being medicine, does not have evidence to back its claims up. It relies on the conflation of correlation and causation, it relies on anecdotal evidence (e.g., my friends grandmothers best friends sister took it and...) the reason "alternative" treatments are "alternative" isn't because science is this evil close-minded creature, it's because they don't have evidence to back themselves up. And the most disgusting part of it all is that these snake oil salesmen who sell things that are either unproven, or have been disproved (e.g., homeopathy) are allowed to continue peddling what is essentially, a lie.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
The main connection between Dianetics and medical ailments or their resolution is the point of stress and its effects on the body, as well as possible direct control of the body's systems through visualization (which I haven't seen studies on, but I would guess there is some control, depending on skill: for instance, you can visualize your heart beating faster, and I would bet dollars to donuts that the heart would beat faster - it may be possible to affect other systems as directly, though it would probably take some biofeedback training).

I don't believe "engrams" cause cancer, but they could predispose you to ailments of all sorts, and if you have the predilection or factors causing cancer, then you would be more prone to development of it. Stress reduces the body's defenses and ability to maintain homeostasis.

SpecialFrog

Placebo research is fascinating stuff and demonstrates the influence of the brain on the overall functioning of the body.

It also is a good basis for arguing the idea that virtually any treatment can be effective for some people, as well as providing a good baseline to test alternative cures against.

I'm sure trauma can cause cancer in the same way that voodoo curses can kill you.

That doesn't mean that all cancer is caused by trauma or that it can be cured by addressing the trauma.

A standard scientology-cult handling of raw meat
when they express doubts about the cult wrtings that are supposed to lure them in.
And used by all sorts of other charlatans and scammers.

thefatman

Patron with Honors
I don't believe "engrams" cause cancer, but they could predispose you to ailments of all sorts, and if you have the predilection or factors causing cancer, then you would be more prone to development of it. Stress reduces the body's defenses and ability to maintain homeostasis.

Engrams are a theory, until their existence has been proven, let's not talk about what they may or may not do. Cause I think unicorns cause cancer, they're just as real as engrams :)

thefatman

Patron with Honors

He was convicted of fraud and we should trust his utterly amazing new medical treatment with a claimed 92% success rate? Yeah, sure.

As my grandmother used to say, "This smells funny, and I'm not going to eat it."

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Engrams are a theory, until their existence has been proven, let's not talk about what they may or may not do. Cause I think unicorns cause cancer, they're just as real as engrams :)

It is not a theory that people have overwhelming or traumatic experiences, regardless of whether you want to call them engrams or not.

Stress can be greatly exaggerated by such experiences, leading to greater general vulnerability and susceptibility to illness or accident.

Don't play the word game, it doesn't advance understanding.

thefatman

Patron with Honors
It is not a theory that people have overwhelming or traumatic experiences, regardless of whether you want to call them engrams or not.

Stress can be greatly exaggerated by such experiences, leading to greater general vulnerability and susceptibility to illness or accident.

Don't play the word game, it doesn't advance understanding.

I'm hardly being pedantic regarding engrams. People to suffer traumatic experiences, yes. But Hubbard says that they leave psychic scars known as engrams that can be removed through Dianetic counselling, that is all a theory that has not been proven.

You know what doesn't advance understanding? Pushing things as fact that haven't undergone ANY scientific study and the subsequent peer review, just like Hubbard did.

Mystic

Crusader
I walked away from medicine when I was 16. I now live in a healing reality in quite a different world.

I didn't walk away from Dianetics. I just wiped.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I'm hardly being pedantic regarding engrams. People to suffer traumatic experiences, yes. But Hubbard says that they leave psychic scars known as engrams that can be removed through Dianetic counselling, that is all a theory that has not been proven.

You know what doesn't advance understanding? Pushing things as fact that haven't undergone ANY scientific study and the subsequent peer review, just like Hubbard did.

Hubbard's engram theory was badly stated, made overhyped claims, and stressed receipt of powers that don't exist. This doesn't mean the method is not intensely valuable, just that it doesn't do what he said, and that his theories about it were sloppy. Have you actually run or received Dianetics regarding issues or "items"? I'll admit you won't go "clear", but if it doesn't result in significant improvement, I'd be surprised. Not in the Church!! Just read it, drill it, do it with someone of like mind, forgetting Hubbard's claims, and concentrating on process. That being said, I'd skip Hubbard's books and use Gerald French's "Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR)", which is much more concise, much better sourced, and doesn't contain Hubbard's bullshit.

thefatman

Patron with Honors
Hubbard's engram theory was badly stated, made overhyped claims, and stressed receipt of powers that don't exist. This doesn't mean the method is not intensely valuable, just that it doesn't do what he said, and that his theories about it were sloppy. Have you actually run or received Dianetics regarding issues or "items"? I'll admit you won't go "clear", but if it doesn't result in significant improvement, I'd be surprised. Not in the Church!! Just read it, drill it, do it with someone of like mind, forgetting Hubbard's claims, and concentrating on process. That being said, I'd skip Hubbard's books and use Gerald French's "Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR)", which is much more concise, much better sourced, and doesn't contain Hubbard's bullshit.

I'll take scientific studies of anecdotal evidence from the Internet anyday, but maybe that's just my logic piping up. I really should tell it to STFU.

RogerB

Crusader
Some research that bears on this topic was written up in an article in the Wall Street Journal this morning, Here:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...151831584880.html?mod=WSJ_hps_sections_health

Thinking Away the Pain
Meditation as cheap, self-administered morphine
By JONAH LEHRER
Pain is a huge medical problem. According to a new report from the Institute of Medicine, chronic pain costs the U.S. more than $600 billion every year in medical bills and lost productivity. Back pain alone consumes nearly $90 billion in health-care expenses, roughly equivalent to what's spent on cancer.
Despite the increasing prevalence of chronic pain—nearly one in three Americans suffers from it—medical progress has been slow and halting. This is an epidemic we don't know how to treat. For the most part, doctors still rely on over-the-counter medications and opioid drugs, such as OxyContin and Vicodin. While opioids can provide effective relief, they're also prone to abuse, which is why overdoses from prescription painkillers are now a leading cause of accidental death.
Cultura RM / Masterfile
Having a headache? Don't take your mind off it—put your mind to it.
But there are glimmers of progress in the war against pain. New therapeutic approaches don't target body parts or nerves close to the source of the problem. They don't involve highly technical surgeries or expensive new drugs. Instead, they focus on the mind, on altering the ways in which we perceive the pain itself.
Consider a study by scientists at Wake Forest University. After only a few days of meditation training—teaching people to better focus their attention, concentrating less on the discomfort and more on a soothing stimulus—subjects reported a 57% reduction in the "unpleasantness" of their pain. Such improvements are roughly equivalent to the benefits of morphine.
A brain scanner showed how the intervention worked. Learning to meditate altered brain activity in the very same regions, such as the insula and anterior cingulate cortex, that are targeted by next-generation pain medications. It's as if the subjects were administering their own painkillers.
While this research demonstrates the therapy's practicality—it typically took less than two hours of training to see a marked improvement—it's not the first time that scientists have demonstrated a connection between meditation and reduced sensitivity to pain. Previous studies have shown that experienced Zen meditators have significantly higher pain thresholds and that meditation training can reduce the anxiety associated with intense discomfort.
But meditation isn't the only mind-based approach that has gotten impressive results. Researchers at Duke University recently looked at a wide variety of psychological interventions for chronic lower back pain, including cognitive behavioral therapy, biofeedback and hypnosis. In almost every case, these treatments proved effective, leading to improved health outcomes at a fraction of the cost of conventional medical approaches.
The larger lesson is that, for far too long, we've been treating pain as a purely physical problem, a sensation rooted in the breakdown of the flesh. As a result, we've invested in costly and often ineffective surgeries, such as spinal fusion, that attempt to fix the mechanical failure.
But this approach oversimplifies an extremely complex condition. It's now clear that pain is best understood as a mental state concerning the body, an objective sensation terribly twisted by the brain. And that's why these psychological interventions sometimes work better than scalpels: They help us to untwist our thoughts.
In "Much Ado About Nothing," Shakespeare said that "there was never yet philosopher that could endure the toothache patiently." The Bard was making a point about the intransigence of pain, about how difficult it is to ignore. After all, when we are immersed in the awful feeling—when a molar is throbbing or a muscle is strained—the discomfort seems to exist beyond our control.
But Shakespeare was wrong. It turns out that we can learn to better endure the toothache, that even simple talk therapies can ease our suffering. This doesn't mean, of course, that the pain isn't real. The pain is always real. But the mind is so powerful that it can alter the most real things in the world.