What's new

NEW: Jamie DeWolf Performance on His Great Grandfather. Brilliant.

Re: Powerful Jamie DeWolf clip

This is a must-see clip filmed recently in 2011:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciupsqkLLkQ

... I never met the man who gave me my red hair, the manic depression still twisted in the strands of my DNA and the first time I saw a psychiatrist when he asked me if mental illness runs in my family, all I could say was "yes, yes, yes it does." When I told him my great grandfather was a cult leader that enslaved the minds of millions, he accused me of having delusions of grandeur.

What can I say? It runs in my veins. ...

Interesting confirmation from a family member concerning hubbard's clear display of symptoms of mood disorder. And, yes, bipolar disorder definitely has a genetic component.

Mark A. Baker

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

Mesmerising, penetrating and crafted to perfection.

Thank you Jamie.

I guess ol' Elron could put on quite a show too otherwise we wouldn't all be here. It makes you feel for all the kids in this stupid cult trying to "handle" people with their superior knowledge. Hopefully they will learn soon if you really want to understand scientology, head for the nearest exit.

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron

That is amazing. I was mesmerised.

Interesting that he has the double triangle and S as a tatt on his right forearm.

PD

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

That is amazing. I was mesmerised.

Interesting that he has the double triangle and S as a tatt on his right forearm.

PD

Yeah it seems he chose to embrace his past for better or worse instead of run away from it. My take at least and also IMO when you come from a family of such tragedy you can't run away from it.

In a way it's as if he's capitalizing on his Great Grandfather's identity. I've seen a previous version of this show and he's refined it quite a bit. But I think he is doing a service because he is demonstrating the power of charisma - which he seems to have inherited - but as a warning.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Its a Scientology symbol with a serpent running through it. Accurate and poignant.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Did I notice a Scientology tattoo on his arm?

Is he famous or talented other than being LRH's grandson?

Jamie (Kennedy) DeWolf & his brother Asher Kennedy perform for a slam poet/improv group in Oakland called Tourettes-Without-Regrets.

http://www.indiegogo.com/Send-Tourettes-Without-Regrets-to-the-National-Poetry-Slam

Jamie & Asher co-produced an Indy film on the marijuana industry titled "Smoked" in 2009 but it wasn't a commercial success.

36954_127254923982018_100000925323090_139069_73289  19_n.jpg
Jamie with arms around Asher.

[video=youtube;4hD12Y_KtEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hD12Y_KtEQ[/video]

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

I say go Jamie! I think his message is very poignant and very useful in understanding the phenonenon of scientology.

I mean what are ronbots going to say about him? He's lying? He's paid off by big pharma? His grandfather was an SP even though he was the son of Elron who had the "tech" to handle any SP but couldn't "handle" his own son? :wacko:

His story tells you everything you need to know about scientology!
And how well it "works".

At some point you realize scn has zero credibility. Of course I'm preaching to the choir here but hopefully more and more people in doubt, and on the fence, see this and it gives them one more reason to walk away.

Smilla

Ordinary Human

I say go Jamie! I think his message is very poignant and very useful in understanding the phenonenon of scientology.

I mean what are ronbots going to say about him? He's lying? He's paid off by big pharma? His grandfather was an SP even though he was the son of Elron who had the "tech" to handle any SP but couldn't "handle" his own son? :wacko:

His story tells you everything you need to know about scientology!
And how well it "works".

At some point you realize scn has zero credibility. Of course I'm preaching to the choir here but hopefully more and more people in doubt, and on the fence, see this and it gives them one more reason to walk away.

Very true, and his sincerity is very obvious, which goes a long way.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

This is this man’s eulogy to his grandfather…beautiful, powerful, pure of heart.

For anyone that has not read or listened to “Nibs’” words, you need to do so…he was issuing a warning…he was telling Us how “It” was and is.

Peace Be With You Ron, Jr.

Face:)

Last edited:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader

Jamie does a good jorb and has refined his message nicely, now, whether there is an attentive audience for such, or people are just being polite, am not knowing.
He is a very funny person, and yerp, he has the horrid baggage of being related to 'The Crazy One'.

If he has found peace, good on 'im! :clap:

If his short and simple message reaches out to those on the fence, more power to him. But, as I have understood from his older stuff, he really just wants to continue with his life and be another human, dats cool by me.

Rock on Jamie! (didn't he stop by here a while back? hm, maybe wwp, I am forget :( )

:thumbsup:

Being a decedent of Hubbard he could have easily chose to not bothered getting involved with commenting on Scientology one way or the other, but he chose to not only get involved but uses his art-form to warn others of the dangers and abuses of this great grandfather's cult, that in itself speaks volumes and commands my respect.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron

Some mighty powerful prose, Jamie.
Very well honed.
I just wish it was addressed to a scientology audience!
But it gets the message out to others and kudos to him for that.

He would be fantastic delivering this at a protest! :thumbsup:

Did I notice a Scientology tattoo on his arm?

Is he famous or talented other than being LRH's grandson?

Not to my taste. :no:

Still he seems to share many of the same talents and interests as his notorious great-grandfather, although these appear somewhat updated to serve a more contemporary 'urban aesthetic'. :coolwink:

What would be truly amusing would be if jdw is the eagerly anticipated (at least by the churchies) reincarnation of hubbard. :dieslaughing:

Unfortunately, the date of his birth undermines that little joke, at least for those who expect and insist upon a reincarnation post dating a prior incarnation. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Interesting confirmation from a family member concerning hubbard's clear display of symptoms of mood disorder. And, yes, bipolar disorder definitely has a genetic component.

Mark A. Baker

Not to my taste. :no:

Still he seems to share many of the same talents and interests as his notorious great-grandfather, although these appear somewhat updated to serve a more contemporary 'urban aesthetic'. :coolwink:

<snip>

Mark A. Baker

I gave you the benefit of the doubt on the first comment, I see I was mistaken.

What is Jamie saying that you disagree with?

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious

That Jamie DeWolf clip was incredible.

And there was another one right after it on You Tube that featured Harlan Ellison and Robin Williams discussing LRH. 'twas also very interesting.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt on the first comment, ...

Mighty big of you. :eyeroll:

... What is Jamie saying that you disagree with?

I don't disagree with anything he says, however, I'm no fan of the 'art form' in which he says it. :eyeroll:

His 'artistic talents' are there for others to appreciate. As far as I'm concerned, this slam thing is just another source of contemporary urban noise like leaf blowers, ghetto blasters, & loud motorcycles. I don't find it to be aesthetic or otherwise appealing, whatever the topic may be.

Try reading posts from a perspective centered on something other than your own views concerning scientology and your need to interpret everything in terms of support or disagreement with them. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Mighty big of you. :eyeroll:

I don't disagree with anything he says, however, I'm no fan of the 'art form' in which he says it. :eyeroll:

His 'artistic talents' are there for others to appreciate. As far as I'm concerned, this slam thing is just another source of contemporary urban noise like leaf blowers, ghetto blasters, & loud motorcycles. I don't find it to be aesthetic or otherwise appealing, whatever the topic may be.

Try reading posts from a perspective centered on something other than your own views concerning scientology and your need to interpret everything in terms of support or disagreement with them. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

Well I am a big thetan. :biggrin:

I was just interested that you would make a comment such as this "Still he seems to share many of the same talents and interests as his notorious great-grandfather, although these appear somewhat updated to serve a more contemporary 'urban aesthetic'."

Perhaps he does....and I understand you might not like his manner of presentation ....however what do you think of the actual content of his performance, which most of the comments on the thread are about?

And I don't need instructions on viewpoints from you thankyouverymuch.