What's new

Quick question for Ex-Sea Org, about mail

practice

Patron with Honors
If a Sea Org member receives a letter in the mail (sent to the building they work at), do they get the envelope it came in, or just the letter itself?

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
It probably depends on what's written on the envelope. It's sometimes stapled to the letter after opening.

One way to get the envelope included with the letter is to put the Return Address on the back (or front) of the envelope but not on the letter itself. This way they usually attach the envelope so that the recipient has the return address.

The response letter will be qual-checked/read before the return envelope is sealed and sent.

NB: Things may have changed since my days, hopefully someone more recently out will reply here.

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
Jeff Hawkins has confirmed that at Gold Base every incoming letter is read by security first. Staff are also not allowed to sea their own outgoing letters, as they must pass the eyes of the censor first. If I'm not misinformed this is a federal crime.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Jeff Hawkins has confirmed that at Gold Base every incoming letter is read by security first. Staff are also not allowed to sea their own outgoing letters, as they must pass the eyes of the censor first. If I'm not misinformed this is a federal crime.
Yes, that's a given, Captain. All incoming mail is read before it arrives at the addressee. I assumed that Practice knows this too. Whether or not they're going to get the envelope as well as the letter is the question I was answering.

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
Yes, that's a given, Captain. All incoming mail is read before it arrives at the addressee. I assumed that Practice knows this too. Whether or not they're going to get the envelope as well as the letter is the question I was answering.

Oops, I misread the question.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
If a Sea Org member receives a letter in the mail (sent to the building they work at), do they get the envelope it came in, or just the letter itself?

I always got both. I don't see any reason to throw away the envelope. If it had "Fuck Scientology" written on it the letter would have been hand-delivered by the Ethics Officer wanting an explanation if it was a personal one. If it was a business one the addressee wouldn't have seen it.

If you're sorting the mail in HCO to be delivered to the divisional comm baskets, it's a lot easier to leave the full name visible.

Paul

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Hmmm, wonder how it would work to mail high level people at INT little short messages to help them blow ?

Or, send some brief OT data and then identify it... sort of help some SO members "up the bridge" quicker.

Might get some HCO readers or security people out faster.

Or at least get some people tired of getting more sec checks.

Oh do I need a box of envelopes or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

practice

Patron with Honors
It probably depends on what's written on the envelope. It's sometimes stapled to the letter after opening.

One way to get the envelope included with the letter is to put the Return Address on the back (or front) of the envelope but not on the letter itself. This way they usually attach the envelope so that the recipient has the return address.

The response letter will be qual-checked/read before the return envelope is sealed and sent.

NB: Things may have changed since my days, hopefully someone more recently out will reply here.

Thanks!

smartone

My Own Boss
Hmmm, wonder how it would work to mail high level people at INT little short messages to help them blow ?

Or, send some brief OT data and then identify it... sort of help some SO members "up the bridge" quicker.

Might get some HCO readers or security people out faster.

Or at least get some people tired of getting more sec checks.

Oh do I need a box of envelopes or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did have the idea of dropping flyers from a glider or a ballon (with basket) over Int. Helicopter would make too much noise and alert those we don't want to.

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
I did have the idea of dropping flyers from a glider or a ballon (with basket) over Int. Helicopter would make too much noise and alert those we don't want to.

That is a great idea. Send orgs the same kind of crap back at them; like a bunch of Jehovah's Witnesses lit, or Books of Mormon, or Branch Davidian ashes. Anything left from Jim Jones' Jonestown, Guyana? The posibilities are endless. Ofcourse it would require an investment, but just maybe it would be worth it.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
The system for answering letters has been updated, due to the emergence of computer technology.

Now, when a Sea Org member wants to respond to an incoming letter, they simply use standard reply software with drop-down menus to pick the greatest-good choices.

1. Dear ___________ (select one):

Mom
Dad
Old Friend
Family Member
Comrade​

2. It was so good to get your _________(select one):

Letter
Phone Call
Personal visit with the local police.​

3. Unfortunately, I have been ________ (select one):

So busy I was not able to respond sooner.
Working on a vital 3rd dynamic project to save the planet
Working on a more than vital 4th dynamic project to salvage this sector.
Working on a vital 5th dynamic INT gardening & cleaning project force.​

4. Your question is so important to me. Please know that ______ (select one):

I am winning like never before and healthier than ever.
My earlier request to send food was a transcription error.
When I talked about helping me escape ,I was just kidding! Here's a photo of me relaxing
on a lounge chair sipping an icy tropical margarita. Please note my VVGI's and thumbs-up.​

5. In closing, let me say that I could not be happier. I send you_______(select one):

Much Love
ML
Full Understanding, Keeping Opterms Friendly & Fooled
FUKOFF​

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
That is a great idea. Send orgs the same kind of crap back at them; like a bunch of Jehovah's Witnesses lit, or Books of Mormon, or Branch Davidian ashes. Anything left from Jim Jones' Jonestown, Guyana? The posibilities are endless. Ofcourse it would require an investment, but just maybe it would be worth it.

Oh every piece of mail they send me that includes a prepaid first class mail envelope I do send back to them. I make them as thick and heavy as possible.

It would break my heart if they got a piece of mail from they only paid 44 cents to get.

Several people save mail for me so I can dump 15 or 20 pieces of mail in a mailbox somewhere.

I wish more people send their "promo" back to them. Every now and then I tape a brick to the envelope... wonder what that costs 'em? LOL !

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
The system for answering letters has been updated, due to the emergence of computer technology.

Now, when a Sea Org member wants to respond to an incoming letter, they simply use standard reply software with drop-down menus to pick the greatest-good choices.

1. Dear ___________ (select one):

Mom
Dad
Old Friend
Family Member
Comrade​

2. It was so good to get your _________(select one):

Letter
Phone Call
Personal visit with the local police.​

3. Unfortunately, I have been ________ (select one):

So busy I was not able to respond sooner.
Working on a vital 3rd dynamic project to save the planet
Working on a more than vital 4th dynamic project to salvage this sector.
Working on a vital 5th dynamic INT gardening & cleaning project force.​

4. Your question is so important to me. Please know that ______ (select one):

I am winning like never before and healthier than ever.
My earlier request to send food was a transcription error.
When I talked about helping me escape ,I was just kidding! Here's a photo of me relaxing
on a lounge chair sipping an icy tropical margarita. Please note my VVGI's and thumbs-up.​

5. In closing, let me say that I could not be happier. I send you_______(select one):

Much Love
ML
Full Understanding, Keeping Opterms Friendly & Fooled
FUKOFF​

HH have you been reading my letters :lol:..... Your example is pretty much what comes out of the SO to family.

I'm very familiar with this type of correspondence and communication has little or no creativity and love in it.... surprisingly I haven't received any letters of late :bigcry:

Not too sure about envelopes being attached but I know that when family have sent money in a card to Jordi while she was in the SO it mysteriously didn't arrive ... happened on more than one occasion ... but you know it's hard to point the finger at the most ethical group on the planet for the lost card and money. LOL... but we understand that being paid $10 a week some people get desperate... and it's easy pickins

Last edited:

smartone

My Own Boss

Yes, I was thinking along the lines of the fliers giving the ex-so number. I'm sure some poor buggers trapped in Int would find one and then they'll know that there's help outside and make a run for it.

pnut

Patron
So if I send a super-personal letter to someone in on org, someone else reads it first to make sure it's not entheta or whatever they call it. Great, that makes things so much easier.
Not.

:grouch:

Who reads it? Ethics?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
So if I send a super-personal letter to someone in on org, someone else reads it first to make sure it's not entheta or whatever they call it. Great, that makes things so much easier.
Not.

:grouch:

Who reads it? Ethics?

Prolly reception, too. Did you really think the cult would NOT tamper with communication?

pnut

Patron
Prolly reception, too. Did you really think the cult would NOT tamper with communication?

Yup, I thought so. But it's one thing to think it, and another thing to know it, when sending a letter is probably the last option you are left with.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
HH have you been reading my letters :lol:..... Your example is pretty much what comes out of the SO to family.

I'm very familiar with this type of correspondence and communication has little or no creativity and love in it.... surprisingly I haven't received any letters of late :bigcry:

Not too sure about envelopes being attached but I know that when family have sent money in a card to Jordi while she was in the SO it mysteriously didn't arrive ... happened on more than one occasion ... but you know it's hard to point the finger at the most ethical group on the planet for the lost card and money. LOL... but we understand that being paid $10 a week some people get desperate... and it's easy pickins

Oh yesssss! It is such a surreal scenario, a $10 per week "total cause", undernourished, exhausted planet-clearing, all powerful, totally free Operating Thetan sits in front of an MAA because they are not quite able and cause enough to answer their own mail.

MAA
(holding letter from the family)
So how are you going to answer all this entheta?

OT STAFF MEMBER
Entheta? Which part do you mean, sir?

MAA
The part that is enturbulated and low toned.

OT STAFF MEMBER
I thought it was a sweet letter from my Mom.
Which part did I get I enturbulated on, sir?

MAA
The part where that terminal said she misses you.
That's total HE & R!

MAA
Yes, sir. I can see that now. Missing me is a human
emotion and reaction. I will slam her ethics in sir.