What's new

I Am Not Anonymous

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
I am not anonymous.
C of S knows where I work.
They know where I live.
And they know I'm "disaffected."

I have a business in the belly of the Scientology beast, half a block from their complex in L.A. (Shear Perfection Salon, 4865 Fountain Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90029 Phone: 323-662-9735).

I used to think that by not posting to the Internet, I'd be demonstrating my peaceful intentions towards them. Live and let live, you know?

Silly me. They don't get it.

Let me tell you a bit of what I privately wrote to Emma a few days ago.

I used to employ Scientologists as receptionists and stupidly didn't get the locks changed when they left. So a couple of weeks ago I came to my shop and found all the lights and heater on and the back door partially unlocked, and with the situation being what it is, I would not have left things that way.

So when I got over being wierded-out, I called the police, and an officer came over and made a trespass report. It would have been a burglary report, but I couldn't see that anything was missing. It was like they just wanted to mess with my mind: "We were heeeeeeeere," you know?

So anyway, I have finally gotten the locks changed, but.... By the way, I am an ex-Class VIII ("permanent" ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha) and was "in" for over 40 years until I finally quit ignoring all the inconsistencies I was seeing. I love this board. Been lurking herre for several months and decided a while back that when I post, I'm going to do it with my real name. I'm already on the "dirty tricks list," so I might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb. I haven't even done anything except change my mind. And occasionally talk about it. Who do I think I am, huh? TALKING about it!!!

Incidentally, another thing they do is alternately deluge me with business and then snatch it away (maybe to prove to me that I "need" them, and to make me worry about what the consequences would be if they all disconnected). It worked too. Take a win, OSA. Right now, they're in boycott mode.

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out why they don't just declare me and be done with it, instead of playing all these cat-and-mouse games, and I think it goes something like this:

If they declare me, there I'll be. Sitting there. An SP in their midst. Then everybody who's thinking about blowing will know they can find a sympathetic ear half a block away. Kind of like the old Lisa McPherson Trust in Clearwater. And they definitely don't want to set up another situation like that. They may be crazy, but they're not stoopid. :yes:

No. They have to put me out of business first. So that's what they're trying to do with a comparatively small number of "volunteers," instead of making it BPI (Broad Public Issue). I'm in a strategic location.

So there you have it. My first post. Watch out, Alanzo! :happydance:

Haircut, anyone? For obvious reasons, I no longer take walk-ins, but you're welcome to call for an appointment. 323-662-9735. I'd appreciate the business.

Love,
Lynn
Ex-Class VIII "permanent" :dieslaughing:
Shear Perfection Salon
4865 Fountain Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90029
323-662-9735

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Wow! What an terrific post. Welcome and if I was on the other side of the Pond I would come visit. :) I really look forward to hearing more!

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I am not anonymous.
They know where I live.

I have a business in the belly of the Scientology beast, half a block from their complex in L.A. (Shear Perfection Salon, 4865 Fountain Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90029 Phone: 323-662-9735).

I used to think that by not posting to the Internet, I'd be demonstrating my peaceful intentions towards them. Live and let live, you know?

I used to employ Scientologists as receptionists and stupidly didn't get the locks changed when they left. So a couple of weeks ago I came to my shop and found all the lights and heater on and the back door partially unlocked, and with the situation being what it is, I would not have left things that way.

So when I got over being wierded-out, I called the police, and an officer came over and made a trespass report. It would have been a burglary report, but I couldn't see that anything was missing. It was like they just wanted to mess with my mind: "We were heeeeeeeere," you know?

So anyway, I have finally gotten the locks changed, but.... By the way, I am an ex-Class VIII ("permanent" ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha) and was "in" for over 40 years until I finally quit ignoring all the inconsistencies I was seeing. I love this board. Been lurking herre for several months and decided a while back that when I post, I'm going to do it with my real name. I'm already on the "dirty tricks list," so I might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb. I haven't even done anything except change my mind. And occasionally talk about it. Who do I think I am, huh? TALKING about it!!!

Incidentally, another thing they do is alternately deluge me with business and then snatch it away (maybe to prove to me that I "need" them, and to make me worry about what the consequences would be if they all disconnected). It worked too. Take a win, OSA. Right now, they're in boycott mode.

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out why they don't just declare me and be done with it, instead of playing all these cat-and-mouse games, and I think it goes something like this:

If they declare me, there I'll be. Sitting there. An SP in their midst. Then everybody who's thinking about blowing will know they can find a sympathetic ear half a block away. Kind of like the old Lisa McPherson Trust in Clearwater. And they definitely don't want to set up another situation like that. They may be crazy, but they're not stoopid. :yes:

No. They have to put me out of business first. So that's what they're trying to do with a comparatively small number of "volunteers," instead of making it BPI (Broad Public Issue). I'm in a strategic location.

Haircut, anyone? For obvious reasons, I no longer take walk-ins, but you're welcome to call for an appointment. 323-662-9735. I'd appreciate the business.

Love,
Lynn
Shear Perfection Salon
4865 Fountain Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90029
323-662-9735

ALL RIGHT!!!

I think I've gotten my hair cut at your place before!!!

WooHoo!! Excellent plan, too, being there for people when they are getting out. Like the Underground Railroad!

And if they fuck with your business - you can sue them!!! Like Larry Wollersheim.

And win!!!

Welcome LYNN!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
This is making me crazy.

I know I know you. Your name is very familiar. I have gotten my hair cut there more than once. (Isn't that where Jerry whatshername who went on staff at the Freewinds used to work?)

I just can't place your face.

PM time. :)

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome, Lynn.

Very interesting story. I've seen your ads but never visited your salon. Now I'm out of the state and don't plan on returning.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

I am not anonymous.
They know where I live.

Love,
Lynn
Shear Perfection Salon
4865 Fountain Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90029
323-662-9735

Hi, Lynn! I do believe you and I met and you gave me a nice haircut and we had a good theta conversation too. Did you ever give haircuts to the SO staff?

In my recall, there was a "Pie Restaurant" near the Pac Base and people were told not to go there or were discouraged from going there because supposedly disaffected ("nattery") scientologists habitated it.

Welcome to ESMB, a free zone within the freezone.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

You must be very very close to Pac Base. Girls love to tell all to their hairdresser. Do you still have customers who are scientologists?

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
I was there in 1999 and 2000 were you still in then?

Did you know Nathaniel and Trashania?

Barb

mike

Patron
Well done on being open about it. Good for you. That shows courage and also is more up tone than being in fear.

Well you won't be declared. I doubt they will issue declares anymore. There are too many legal ramifications. Like.... Oh say... being sued for defamation of character.

http://the-scientologist.com/wp-index.php?p=15

Besides which they have their own problems right now.

if you are interested in meeting other highly classed auditors, VIIIs etc feel free to go to:

http://internationalfreezone.net/

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well done on being open about it. Good for you. That shows courage and also is more up tone than being in fear.

Well you won't be declared. I doubt they will issue declares anymore. There are too many legal ramifications. Like.... Oh say... being sued for defamation of character.

http://the-scientologist.com/wp-index.php?p=15

Besides which they have their own problems right now.

if you are interested in meeting other highly classed auditors, VIIIs etc feel free to go to:

http://internationalfreezone.net/

Mike,

They are still declaring people on a fairly regular basis. It's just not made "public" - the various orgs are given the goldenrods, but the public isn't in the know about all the declares. Otherwise, IMO, a lot more people would start questioning what's happening, why are some many people being declared.

mike

Patron
I am Annonymous

HTML:
They are still declaring people on a fairly regular basis. It's just not made "public" - the various orgs are given the goldenrods, but the public isn't in the know about all the declares. Otherwise, IMO, a lot more people would start questioning what's happening, why are some many people being declared.

Oh right. Well I expect I have one too then lol.

Can we substantiate that! It would be good if we could get some examples.

Your right. A lot more people would likely be in legal discussions.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Hi, Lynn,

Fountain Ave? Holy crap!

Have you considered moving your business to a different area? (Like maybe a few miles from there?)

Veda

Sponsor
Mike,

And Mike, the 'original purpose of Declaring people' was control and domination and the creation of fear.

From the editor of Hubbard's early books, and of 'Ability' magazine, John Sanborn:

"Hubbard had Marilyn Routsong, who was the World Wide Ethics Officer at St. Hill, deliver [by hand] the first [or one of the first] Suppressive Person Declare. He had written this system up and now he was going to use it.

"Hubbard said declare so and so. And she put out the Order. Boy, in those days, being Declared was like a death sentence.

"He said, 'As soon as you give him the order come back.' And when she did he said, 'How did he act? What did he say? Did he say anything?' He was thrilled like a kid to see how his new dictatorial system was going to work."

From Hubbard's 1955 'Brainwashing Manual' [With word substitution]:

"It is important to know that the entire subject of loyalty is thus as easily handled as it is. One of the first and foremost missions of the psycho-politician ['Ethics' Officer/'Church' of Scientology] is to make an attack upon Communism [Scientology] and insanity synonymous."

The ideas and methods of the 'Brainwashing Manual', subtracted from Scientology, would be a different Scientology.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=2473

Another interesting link (thread from ESMB) on earlier (mostly positive) sources for Scientology:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=510

And welcome to ESMB Lynn.

Last edited:

MarkWI

Patron Meritorious
I am not anonymous.
They know where I live.

Welcome Lynn!

I hope you keep your business high and prosperous.

Again, the Church is creating its own enemies. :duh:

I remember having thought how bad Larry Wollersheim was
for suing the Church, then I found out the Church started
the fight by fair-gaming him and ruin his business.

Don't let the same happens to you.

From Wollersheim affidavit of February 4, 1980:

Scientology's Black PR Campaign Against Me​

It was not until recently that I understood why the cult started a black PR campaign to drive me out of business. Someone in the inner circle must have decided that, since my programming wasn't working, I was a security risk and something had to be done to destroy any possible means I might have to finance an attack against the cult. Two Guardian's Office agents, John Matoon and Karen Kuyper, started a set of rumors and passed them to other cult members. They said I was unethical, violated cult secret data, and crazy. The rumors caused others in the cult to call an investigation of me and my business. Defending myself and running my business at the same time was impossible while trying to keep my head on after the auditing I had received.

The cult rumors caused upset and turmoil in my company, and cult members who worked for me began to leave. Customers mysteriously stopped paying their bills. $60,000 I had extended to fellow cult members was not being paid back to me. Then I found out that letters had been sent to them or they had been called and told not to do business with me. At that time 95% of my customers were cult members. When they would not pay me, I couldn't pay my people and my bills. The next year I had to close a business that had done almost a million dollars gross and earned more than 12% pre-tax net because of the cult's Black PR against me. The following is quoted from a letter distributed by W.I.S.E. ("World Institute of Scientology Enterprises," a cult division). I had asked them to help me collect money owed to me by other cult members.

"With American Factors now being the legal owners of the invoices you have recieved (sic) from Wollersheim and NF Marketing, the sums owed by your company must now be paid to American Factors. I am apprising you of this, not based on any desire to represent Wollersheim and get his debts paid but to alert you to the fact that non payment of debts to a non Scientology company can bring about legal suit in an effort to collect these funds. Wollersheim was on a WISE ethics handling program having been assigned a condition of Confusion by WISE and having had a Non Enturbulation Order placed on him by the Church of Scientology. He has gone out of communication with WISE on this handling and it is probable that no ethics change is occuring (sic) with the current gradient of ethics in use. You would be well advised not to deal with him as he is not in good standing with WISE." - Roger C. Barnes, Executive Director WISE.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Good for you, Lynn. And welcome.

I lived at PAC for 10 years, then around the corner on Edgemont for another year. I certainly remember your salon, although I never went in there.

You should be able to have some fun here. :)

Paul