What's new

I AM A CHRISTIAN SCIENTOLOGIST

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
^^^ Me too! But it strikes me sort of like trying to make a Ferrari out of Yugo parts :nervous: and then you have to buy it from a beautician...

ClamSource

Patron with Honors
I am well aware that Scientology "as it is actually practiced" is never going to be what I wish it to be, so that is why I have to do all I can to make it what is should be, and I can't think of a better use for my life.

I can.

Pip

Patron with Honors
No shit? To see what? Things your way? In my own case my perception of the world changes and continues to do so from the first second I wake up and, goes on until I am asleep again.
What is really important is that one continue to learn everything one can, relentlessly, and without jumping to conclusions. Too many conclusions can stiffle the flow and direction of ideas imho, sort of like putting on blinders.

Edit> I am sorry but I cannot help but think of oxymorons when I see 'Christianscientologist', but in a twisted and sides-ways sortta way. :whistling:

No it is not a matter of seeing things my way. My own way would be seeing through ego.

Lesson 1 in A Course in Miracles says "Nothing I see means anything". Lesson 2 "I have given what I see all the meaning it has for me". Lesson 3 "I do not understand anything I see". 4. "These thoughts do not mean anything". 5. "I am never upset for the reason I think". 6. "I am upset because I see what is not there". 7. "I see only the past". 8. "My mind is preoccupied with past thoughts." 9. "I see nothing as it is now". 10. "My thoughts do not mean anything". 11. "My meaningless thoughts are showing me a meaningless world". 12. "I am upset because I see a meaningless world". 13. A meaningless world engenders fear". 14. "God did not create a meaningless world". 15. "My thoughts are images that I have made". And so it goes on for another 345 lessons.

As for oxymorons I put a bit on my blog about my concrete barge (concrete that floats) There's an oxymoron.

Pip

Patron with Honors

So what could be more worthwhile than working with others to create a better world? Is that not why we all got into Scientology in the first place.

What about this verse in the poem "IF".

If you can bear to hear the Truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools.

or maybe

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss.

xguardian

Patron with Honors
Your delusion that 18 centuries of murders, religious wars, burnings and beheadings shoudn't be criticized because that particular genocidal madness is some fools' 'cherished beliefs' is pretty sick. Are we supposed to countenance Al Quaida, because some think terrorism is the road to Allah? No. Christianity has more blood on its hands than all the islamic killers since Mohammed. So I'm bitter because I won't tolerate your promotion of spiritual entrapment and death, is that it? I'm full of hate because I object to Christianity's unparalled beastiality. As long as there's a breath in my body, I will loudly speak against you and other spiritual criminals who promote the greatest evil and blood drenched inhumanity that ever cumbered the planet. And the more you try to cloak it in love, holiness, goodness, and respectability, the louder and more energetically I'll denounce it. YOU promote hate, YOU promote bitterness when you speak in glowing terms of that satanic wickedness called Christianity!!!

Your delusion that convicts the whole for acts of some prove your spirit is even opposed to the Torah.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
I don't believe there can genuinely be such a thing as a Christian Scientologist.

Christians generally believe that God is love.

As part of Hubbard's thought control process, Scientology victims have been taught to replace love with "affinity". Furthermore, they believe in "exchange", and the gifts that Christians believe God gave to mankind would leave God "out-exchange".

Therefore, I don't believe such a thing as a "Christian Scientologist" can exist, except in the form of a Scientology shore story. Just more PR to salve Scientology's ruined image, and more lies to reel in new suckers.

Veda

Sponsor
Notice - in the first post, below - how she immediately does a PR handling on the "wog" at the mention of Xenu.

Juliette Lewis did a recent interview with Vanity Fair magazine and was asked some interesting questions. (including one concerning the thread title I used).

Also she was asked about Xenu as well. :p

She explains that some people are confusing Hubbards science fiction works with his studies that have nothing to do with science fiction.

I'm glad we got that all cleared up. :coolwink:

If you'd like to read the actual interview it is located here:
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2010/12/juliette-lewis.html

There is another article about the interview here:
http://www.sodahead.com/entertainment/can-you-be-a-christian-scientologist/question-1380577/

Just in case the interview eventually gets removed from the website I'll repost some of the scientology related questions (and answers) from the interview here:
--------------------------------------------------------------

I’m not sure how to segue into this, so I’ll just come out and ask. You’re a Scientologist, right?
I am, yeah.
Do you celebrate Christmas? I’ve never been sure about that. Does Christmas count as a Scientology holiday?
Oh yeah. We absolutely celebrate Christmas.
So you have a tree with ornaments and eggnog and presents and Christmas carols that aren’t about Xenu?
I’m a Christian! I think there’s so much confusion because people don’t understand a religion where you can be another religion but you can still practice Scientology. That’s why it’s completely progressive. It’s just tools for living. It’s about understanding one’s self and others and compassion and how to communicate better and how to live in this troubled society. It’s really basic, common sense stuff. It has nothing to do with all this funny folklore that surrounds it. You could be a Jewish Scientologist or a Buddhist Scientologist or a Christian Scientologist or anything else.
Do you believe your ancestors were reincarnated aliens?
That’s not been a part of my experience, no. (Laughs.)
So... you don’t believe you came from aliens?
I was thinking about where that idea came from, and I was like, “Oh, maybe it’s because [L. Ron] Hubbard was a successful science fiction writer, so they’re confusing his science fiction with his other studies that have nothing to do with science fiction.” It’s like you thinking I might punch somebody in the face because I played somebody who punched somebody in the face in a movie.
That’s actually a pretty good analogy. I wasn’t expecting that.
I’m used to misconceptions. And honestly, I don’t care to explain Scientology to people. You can investigate it on your own. It’s not that difficult. There are Web sites and all sorts of resources. The one thing that troubles me is when rumor becomes hatred and prejudice towards a group of people. That’s when it becomes scary, when you have people trying to take away other people’s right to practice a religion of your own choosing.
You’re taking all the fun out of mocking Scientology.
My experience is, there’s nothing alarming or inhibitive about Scientology. I don’t find it judgmental. I can’t speak for somebody else’s experience. It’s just my own.

Read the entire interview here:
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2010/12/juliette-lewis.html

Recent survey of a Christian Scientologist, who was asked probing questions about their deeply held beliefs:

Do you believe in Christ? Yes

Do you believe in Xenu? Yes

Do you believe in one-life and then God judges you before you go to heaven or hell? Yes

Do you believe in trillions of lives where heaven and hell do not exist? Yes

Do you believe the Bible is the Holy word of God to save you? Yes

Do you believe in Scn Scripture that says the Bible is an implant designed to destroy you? Yes

Do you believe Jesus is the only way to salvation? Yes

Do you believe that Ron's tech is the only way to salvation? Yes

Do you believe that Scientologists are doomed to eternal hell? Yes

Do you believe that Christians are doomed to eternal hell? Yes

Do you believe what you are saying? Yes

Do you realize that you are lying? Yes

Do you believe whatever you hear or read? Yes

Do you think delusion and self-deception are good? Yes

Jump ahead to 3:55 in this interview of Scientology Celebrity, and Scientologist her entire life, Kate Caberano (born 1966), and her husband. The subject of Christmas didn't come up, but there was a question about "aliens." Compare the answer to JL's answer. This is pat PR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KTTirB9ZFo

Perhaps someone can assemble a collection of clips of Scientology Celebrities lying about Scientology, especially about "aliens," "OT 3," and "Xenu."

Lying (about Scientology) is a Scientology sacrament.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: I want to be a BUDDHIST SCIENTOLOGIST

BUDDHIST SCIENTOLOGIST

http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-44512.html

Rhianna1
Just wondered if anyone here was a buddhist/scientologist? I'm quite interested in both religions but find it all a bit confusing and dont really know who to speak to about it apart from google.
Any replys apprectiated :)
(hope this is in the right place i didnt really know where to put it)

Peta
08-06-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm neither but have worked for Scientologists and can empthise with a lot of the Buddhist beliefs and ideals....

In what way are you 'interested'? :D Interested in joining or just want to know more?

First of all Scientology is a cult don't get involved with then ;)

Rhianna1
08-06-2010, 11:10 PM
i'm quite interested in joining but deffinately need to know more I kinda feel like i should belong to a religion just spiritualy and that not because of society or anything

Peta
08-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Well keep away from Scientology. Have you seen any of the anonymous stuff? :D

Here's a rev L Hubbard direct quote, sort of tells you all you need to know.

“If you want to make a little money, write a book. If you want to make a lot of money, create a religion.”

Buddhism is less of a religion more of a way of life, a lot to do with cause and effect, but be careful because there are Buddhist sects/cults too.

Don't feel you have to belong to a religion unless you actually have a feel for it and are properly spiritual and believe, just be a hippy ;)

I'm not religious, works for me :)

Rhianna1
08-06-2010, 11:33 PM
mayybe belongs not the right word I feel i need more than just a hippy life
Im deff more buddhism than scientology it just fasinates me its hard to explain but i just feel like i should be a buddhist and i want to but i dont know why :s confusing maybe its a sign that thats my religion or maybe i just have to much time to think.....

katielou
08-07-2010, 04:22 AM
See if you can find a local Buddhist group and go along!
I know in Yorkshire there were a couple of groups that had meetings so I'm sure other places do!

EDIT: I would second staying away from scientology. Have you looked into some of their "rules"!!

bigredfish
08-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Ha ha ha.. Scientology :p

Scientology isn't a religion. It's a cult for rich celebrities whose beliefs roughly centre on the idea that the human soul is actually that of an alien.

One of my favourite songs ('Thetanen' by Tyske Ludder) includes an excerpt from the Anonymous declaration of war against the Church of Scientology... Have a read of this, if you fancy a good laugh: http://encyclopediadramatica.com/PROJECT_CHANOLOGY

Rhianna1
08-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Yeah i know scientology isnt a real religion and they just want your money but i still want to learn about it thanks for the link bigredfish katielou i think your right i'll have to find a group near me i'd be scared to go alone so have to get someone to come with :)

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Religion & Beliefs
Jewish Scientologists? HinJews? Where do we draw the line?

By Laurel Snyder / December 8, 2006

The Jerusalem Post has a story today about Jewish (Israeli) Scientologists. Which lends a whole new twist to the conversation over whether one can be a Jew without believing as a Jew.

how do you feel about this? Jewish Scientologists? For real? These people are apeshit crazy!

http://www.jewcy.com/religion-and-beliefs/jewish_scientologists_hinjews_where_do_we_draw_the_line

Veda

Sponsor
Above posts were actually meant for another thread, and have been placed there, but somehow they're not out of place here.

Are we about to be swamped with button-pushing troll-like Scientologists posing as Christians?

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Religion & Beliefs
Jewish Scientologists? HinJews? Where do we draw the line?

By Laurel Snyder / December 8, 2006

The Jerusalem Post has a story today about Jewish (Israeli) Scientologists. Which lends a whole new twist to the conversation over whether one can be a Jew without believing as a Jew.

how do you feel about this? Jewish Scientologists? For real? These people are apeshit crazy!

http://www.jewcy.com/religion-and-beliefs/jewish_scientologists_hinjews_where_do_we_draw_the_line
I was hoping I could be an OT8 reincarnate Islamic Jew from Dusseldorf who works for the KGB in my next life, though I'd be born in Kenya by way of Hawaii.

coooooooooool....Re: I AM A CHRISTIAN SCIENTOLOGIST

hey

what a great thread

hi pip!

by at least the simplest definition i too am a scientologist

and i am most firmly and decidedly a professing christian

and i smoke pot

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
wholymary said:
you are not alone, there are many of us, just keep going up to OT and this will all work out for you

Veda said:
Are we about to be swamped with button-pushing troll-like Scientologists posing as Christians?

appears that way..

As if 'someone' posting/posing here as a christian scientologist could be used to any advantage by CoS, if we debate the concept of christian scientologist from a basis of hundreds of years of collective experience in scientology on how it behaves behind closed doors, we would of course still be accused of religious discrimination.Thats scn twisted scripture. Dead-agent was that way in , 1954, 1965, in 1970 , 1980 , 2000 , it will remain true from here on out.

DartSmohen said:
Hubbard used to refer to lensworth as "My pet nigger". Any time there was a question raised about race or the lack of anyone other than white people the GO trotted Lensworth out to "Dead-agent" the story.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?5114-WAS-HUBBARD-A-RACIST

Of course if wholymary is sincere im sure we will receive more communication..