What's new

Message to Anon

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Clearbird definition of "Valence":

"Is the assumption at the reactive level by one individual of the characteristics of another individual. An individual may have a number of valences which he puts on and off as he might hats. Often these changes are so marked that an observant person can notice him dropping one valence and putting on another. The shift from valence to valence is usually completely outside the awareness and control of the individual doing so. In other cases an individual has one valence, not his own, in which he is thoroughly stuck."

My addition here:
From an "engram" (mental image containing pain, unconsciousness, and a real or imagined threat to survival) of being beaten up by Dad, child might take on characteristics of Dad, that being the "winning valence".

Paul

Poofy

Patron with Honors
All your Alanzo's are belong to us. :)

Old meme is old! =)

Thanks Div. That's actually something reflected from psychology called personality mirroring. (If you watch the office Andrew tries that on Michael).

I do it in online discussions using different lingo, cadence and diction based on what group I'm conversing with. You guys get nice, intelligent Poofy. :)

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
We seem to be experiencing a more diverse fifth dynamic here on ESMB.

Although some of the animals are in synthetic valences!

Alex

Terril park

Sponsor
Clearbird definition of "Valence":

"Is the assumption at the reactive level by one individual of the characteristics of another individual. An individual may have a number of valences which he puts on and off as he might hats. Often these changes are so marked that an observant person can notice him dropping one valence and putting on another. The shift from valence to valence is usually completely outside the awareness and control of the individual doing so. In other cases an individual has one valence, not his own, in which he is thoroughly stuck."

My addition here:
From an "engram" (mental image containing pain, unconsciousness, and a real or imagined threat to survival) of being beaten up by Dad, child might take on characteristics of Dad, that being the "winning valence".

Paul

Interesting def from my tech dict. supplement:-

VALENCIATION A thetan is perfectly capable of mocking up a beingness or
valence sufficient to a situation simply compounded from the elements of a situation. If he does this easily, he is very intelligent. He has a good imagination. Or you might say, a good valenciation.

Has resonences with def 2 Beingness:- the person one should be in order to survive.

Poofy

Patron with Honors
Interesting def from my tech dict. supplement:-

VALENCIATION A thetan is perfectly capable of mocking up a beingness or
valence sufficient to a situation simply compounded from the elements of a situation. If he does this easily, he is very intelligent. He has a good imagination. Or you might say, a good valenciation.

Has resonences with def 2 Beingness:- the person one should be in order to survive.

Poofy is very intelligent and has good valenciation!

Boudicca

Patron
Gosh, from what I hear, Anon is really busy reading their copies of Mein Kampf right now. German money is pouring into Anons' bank accounts in rampant support. I also saw over on their boards that the best hackers are feeding intel about the Freewinds' scheduled stops to the group of Psyches who are making plans to lock DM away in a mental institution and mainline him with Prozac.

Good times!

Poofy

Patron with Honors
Mein Kampf is tl/dr for Anonymous. Someone needs to sum it up into a single sentance for them.

I think it was Mein Kampf and communism that was suggested :)

Boudicca

Patron
Mein Kampf is tl/dr for Anonymous. Someone needs to sum it up into a single sentance for them.

I think it was Mein Kampf and communism that was suggested :)

The Communist Manifesto seemed to be popular for a while. But since the Germans are funding Anonymous now, and German courts just defeated Co$, Anon's have rededicated themselves to studying Mein Kampf.

I even heard that Germany is planning a special retreat. They're supposedly flying a big group of Anons over to network with their secret agents. Teach them all their tricks.

Oh and big Pharma companies are supplying free drugs to all!

Xanax-chip cookies, anyone?

(But stay away from the Kool-Aid) :p

Last edited:

Poofy

Patron with Honors
Too Long, Didn't Read.

If someone posts something that is over a paragraph or two (or even longer) this is how you indicate that they flunked because you are not interested in reading that much. =)

Boudicca

Patron
Too Long, Didn't Read.

If someone posts something that is over a paragraph or two (or even longer) this is how you indicate that they flunked because you are not interested in reading that much. =)

It's because they're all on Ritalin. :p

dr3k

Patron with Honors
I would think the person with limited attention span would be the one to be a candidate for Ritalin but hey - what do I know.

Snuffy

Patron Meritorious
Too Long, Didn't Read.

Thanks! Is there a meme dict?

Poofy

Patron with Honors
Thanks! Is there a meme dict?

The best place is Encyclopedia Dramatica (hit google) that has a number of Visual Meme Tech and Verbal Meme Tech. VMT!

You'll be able to find a lot of terms there, but understand they're usually written in an ironic style so it will require a bit of processing to understand what the term actually means.