What's new

New guy on the block - 'cept I'm a girl

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
Dear Olska,

Are you kidding?!?!?! I love it!!! It's so freeing to be able to digress, follow the flow of the comm, without having to edit your thoughts. This is how I wish all comm was. I hate small-talk that lasts more than 10 minutes, and that's pretty much all I get from most of my friends and family. It used to be different in Scn, but then I became aware that we weren't allowed to talk about the very things I was interested in because we would be indulging in some form of verbal tech, or discussing case. At last I can say what I want, and hear what anyone else wants to say and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Besides, I loved your comments, and would be sad to think there might be more I would miss out on... mich

If you look through this site you will find there are discussion threads on just about any topic you can think of... some were some months or years ago, still interesting, especially if you weren't reading when they started.

If you are interested in what a particular member has had to say, you can see their entire posting history -- just click on their name, and you can view all their posts, on any of the threads.

Again, welcome -- enjoy!

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
These are such hilarous combinations of terms.

a non church of scientology scientologist ? WTF is that ? Is it like a non Christian Christian ?

The non church of scientology scene of scientologists ? WTF is that ? Is is like non catholic catholic ?

Seems way too many unicorns and butterflies have filled that "space".

Couldn't those people come up with an original name for themselves or must they remain intimately tied to scientology to profit from it?

Is there any difference at all in those in church and those at the yard sale under the same banner that they at the same time claim not to be a part of?

Does this make sense ?

It's a Scientologist who is not in CofS. You may have noticed the many many threads about them here and the numbers of people identifying themselves or other people as Free Zoners and Indies.

When I was an Indie, I wasn't trying to "profit" from it. I doubt that Mark Baker is, either, as I've yet to hear of him hanging out a shingle or running a courseroom.

The world is filled with people who've broken away from whatever churches in which they'd once been members, and who still profess the creed of whatever it was.

The ONLY reason I no longer call myself a Scientologist is that I'm not one. But believe you me, if I still considered myself to be one, then I'd use the label-did it for years, in fact. However, when I did, I made sure people knew I wasn't a church Scientologist. All but the most stupid of them actually got it, too.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Well put. I don't know what the 'divine' is exactly, but 'connection' is the perfect word for what I'm looking for. I want to be integrated through service, to be a thread in the the tapestry, instead of feeling like the crud that's swept under the carpet.:thumbsup:

I was simultaneously raised Catholic and Scientologist. Much heavier influence on the former, than the latter, though. So, of course, like any Catholic schoolgirl, I prayed.

And I didn't ditch the habit when I got really into CofS. And when I was out of it, I continued on.

Lately, that prayer has turned into meditation and I do feel a very strong connection to something. It's very peaceful.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
It's a Scientologist who is not in CofS. You may have noticed the many many threads about them here and the numbers of people identifying themselves or other people as Free Zoners and Indies.

When I was an Indie, I wasn't trying to "profit" from it. I doubt that Mark Baker is, either, as I've yet to hear of him hanging out a shingle or running a courseroom.

The world is filled with people who've broken away from whatever churches in which they'd once been members, and who still profess the creed of whatever it was.

The ONLY reason I no longer call myself a Scientologist is that I'm not one. But believe you me, if I still considered myself to be one, then I'd use the label-did it for years, in fact. However, when I did, I made sure people knew I wasn't a church Scientologist. All but the most stupid of them actually got it, too.

Nice of you to mention you and one other person who weren't trying to "profit" from being a free zoner or an indie.

Yet, reading these threads here on ESMB i sort of get the impression many ( not all ) of these free zone or indies people are selling the same shit as the church of scientology. Am I wrong ? Do these free zone or indie people not sell pretty much the same shit that Hubbard put together and sold - or not ?

But they are non-church of scientology scientologists. I get they want to be called by the same name as what they claim they are not part of anymore - and you don't see that with humor?

OK. :thumbsup:

That shit can be deadly serious. After all, it IS a religion !

:hysterical::roflmao:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Nice of you to mention you and one other person who weren't trying to "profit" from being a free zoner or an indie.

Yet, reading these threads here on ESMB i sort of get the impression many ( not all ) of these free zone or indies people are selling the same shit as the church of scientology. Am I wrong ? Do these free zone or indie people not sell pretty much the same shit that Hubbard put together and sold - or not ?

But they are non-church of scientology scientologists. I get they want to be called by the same name as what they claim they are not part of anymore - and you don't see that with humor?

OK. :thumbsup:

That shit can be deadly serious. After all, it IS a religion !

:hysterical::roflmao:

Terril, for example, (who is the most well known FZer here) doesn't get a penny for it.

It's really another issue. A relevant one, yes, but a separate one; this issue of people offering courses and auditing for money.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Terril, for example, (who is the most well known FZer here) doesn't get a penny for it.

It's really another issue. A relevant one, yes, but a separate one; this issue of people offering courses and auditing for money.

I'll give you Terril is well known here.......but I strongly suspect for something else besides being a fzer.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I'll give you Terril is well known here.......but I strongly suspect for something else besides being a fzer.

I know Terril personally. He is whatand who he says he is Unlike some, he posts under his own name. He has met many people on this board and the accounts of those meetings were posted here. That was a couple years ago, I believe. But it was before people started hassling him the way they have been doing in the past year or so.

I wonder why it is, how whenever anyone's upset with anyone else here, the accusations of having another agenda or membership surface. There are many people in the world who do not have an additional agenda or anything like that but who, nevertheless, are people with whom we would not get along or trust.

In any event, I was discussing people not getting any money for it. And before that I was discussing people practicing Scn outside CofS.

... That was a couple years ago, I believe. But it was before people started hassling him the way they have been doing in the past year or so. ...

It should be remembered that TP has personally lost a lot of goodwill and public support as a result of his own grossly inappropriate conduct in the last several years. Facts for which he has yet to assume responsibility preferring continually to justify himself based on his presumed sociability. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I'm not saying he did nothing wrong or is perfect.

I'm saying that these things do not mean he has some weird hidden agenda. I'm saying that he's a known quantity and is obviously not someone or something other than he is and seems to be. That does NOT imply perfection. I'm saying that Toady's implication that T is OSA or any other hidden skrelky thing isn't the case and that I know that for a fact.

mich

Patron
I was simultaneously raised Catholic and Scientologist. Much heavier influence on the former, than the latter, though. So, of course, like any Catholic schoolgirl, I prayed.

And I didn't ditch the habit when I got really into CofS. And when I was out of it, I continued on.

Lately, that prayer has turned into meditation and I do feel a very strong connection to something. It's very peaceful.

I've been thinking of trying some meditation... my husband just laughs - he thinks I'm an action junkie, 'cause I'm not big on doing nothing. I normally read while I watch movies, or sew, or fix things.... anytime I can do more than one thing at a time, I'm happy. Still, I do yoga postures for stamina and flexibility, so I guess I'm not far removed from meditation.

I do understand a peaceful connection, but it's something I have with the planet (living in Africa I get a lot of chances to be in nature, completely removed from "civilization"), but not something I have found with people. I guess that's the kind of connection I'm looking for - being to being - and I have only experienced it with a handful of people. So I keep looking...

I'm not saying he did nothing wrong or is perfect.

I'm saying that these things do not mean he has some weird hidden agenda. I'm saying that he's a knownw quantity and is obviously not someone or something other than he is and seems to be. That does NOT imply perfection. I'm saying that Toady's implication that T is OSA or any other hidden skrelky thing isn't the case and that I know that for a fact.

Yes. Well who among us has not been labeled as OSA as a result of the hysterical over-reaction of others? :coolwink:

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

- Matthew 7:3, KJV

...And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. :angel:

- John 8:11, KJV

Mark A. Baker :devil:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've been thinking of trying some meditation..<Snip> So I keep looking...

May I suggest you read some Exkart Tolle or listen to a few of his tapes. There's a raft of others but, for simpletons like me, Ekharts stuff is especially helpful.

Never stop looking. The day we stop looking is the day we no longer see.

Face :)

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I do my meditation very informally. It feels like putting out a sort of query and casting it out as with fishing. And I think about what I want to think about and I feel a connection, much of the time. And even if I don't, I still will direct my thoughts to something peaceful (particularly if I feel riled up). Sometimes I envision a flower.

I think there are a lot of ways one can do it.

If you've ever read Eat Pray Love, the writer experiences two very different types of meditation in her travels. Pretty amazing. If you've not read that book, you might like it.

mich

Patron
May I suggest you read some Exkart Tolle or listen to a few of his tapes. There's a raft of others but, for simpletons like me, Ekharts stuff is especially helpful.

Never stop looking. The day we stop looking is the day we no longer see.

Face :)

Funny you should mention it - a friend recently suggested the same, so I'm gonna do that right now.... thanks :thumbsup:

The_Fixer

Class Clown
I do my meditation very informally. It feels like putting out a sort of query and casting it out as with fishing. And I think about what I want to think about and I feel a connection, much of the time. And even if I don't, I still will direct my thoughts to something peaceful (particularly if I feel riled up). Sometimes I envision a flower.

I think there are a lot of ways one can do it.

If you've ever read Eat Pray Love, the writer experiences two very different types of meditation in her travels. Pretty amazing. If you've not read that book, you might like it.

From what I've heard, I hope the book's better than the movie!

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
From what I've heard, I hope the book's better than the movie!

The previews of the movie looked puerile so I didn't bother with it, and for me, that's saying something as I'm a movie buff.

The book was charming. She has a very interesting section where she talks about some difficulties with this Indian puja she was trying to do.