What's new

Ernie Martin Interview at Aida Thomas's Party LA 2011.

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
This is long, but will give you yet more insight into those that trained under Hubbard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=202570WSDtc&feature=related

Kha Khan:Ethics Protection.

In 1965, Hubbard issued the policy letter HCOPL 1 Sep 1965 (reissued 5 Oct 1985) entitled "Ethics Protection". In it, he states that "Ethics actions are often used to handle down individual statistics. A person who is not doing his job becomes an Ethics target" and goes on to detail how a Scientologist can protect himself from Ethics punishment by being more productive and keeping statistics up:

"In short, a staff member can get away with murder so long as his statistic is up and can't sneeze without a chop if it's down."

If the staff member's production is sufficiently high (as evidenced by an up statistic), the Scientologist gains an immunity to the Ethics process, even if they have openly committed violations:

"When people do start reporting a staff member with a high statistic, what you investigate is the person who turned in the report. In an ancient army a particularly brave deed was recognized by an award of the title of Kha-Khan. It was not a rank. The person remained what he was, BUT he was entitled to be forgiven the death penalty ten times in case in the future he did anything wrong. That was a Kha-Khan. That's what producing, high-statistic staff members are - Kha-Khans. They can get away with murder without a blink from Ethics.... And Ethics must recognize a Kha-Khan when it sees one - and tear up the bad report chits on the person with a yawn."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethics_(Scientology)

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
The carrot and the stick. It's how to train a donkey, not how to make beings capable of doing their job well without attention.

Hubbard thought we were donkeys.

Also it was a bit heavy on sticks and very few carrots.

RogerB

Crusader
Goodness, gracious me . . . . Ernie Martin :melodramatic:

Last time I saw Ernie, he was explaining to me his prowess as a Mexican Bullfighter :yes:

Them were the days at St. Hill.

Ernie has put on a few years, I see, but no weight . . . .

Ernie, I have a new career for you . . . explaining to the ladies (and gents) the secrets of weight control :dieslaughing::dieslaughing:

I think that'll be a little more of use to them than the Kha Khan thingie :biggrin:

PS: give my regards to Challenge when you see her again :dieslaughing::dieslaughing:

R

Sharone Stainforth

You provide an excellent narrative into the man's past Sharone.. a former bullfighting matador.. what a history..

http://theapolloseries.blogspot.com/2011/03/sthill-in-60s-part-5.html

I knew it was the same man when I saw the picture in the Auditor magazine, I was livid.What kind of people are these, Aunty Mary, Aunty Betty, Karen Black and many more, what kind of people are these that remove him from the house, yet he goes on to become Kha Khan in Scientology. Protected because he was upstat?

This man is/was a pedophile from my viewpoint, I was just 10 years old,how can any Scientologist on this board think that was ok?

And L. Ron Hubbard made him Kha Khan!

Thank you Smurf.

It did not escape my attention how into the Hubbard children he appeared to be.

Mystic

Crusader
Oh gawhd. Ernie Martin still has a finger up. This guy thinks he's some sort of L. Ron Hubbard :grouch: gift to OTism.

koki

another President candidate for LRHs Bulgravia...!!???????:wink2:

DartSmohen

Goodness, gracious me . . . . Ernie Martin :melodramatic:

Last time I saw Ernie, he was explaining to me his prowess as a Mexican Bullfighter :yes:

Them were the days at St. Hill.

Ernie has put on a few years, I see, but no weight . . . .

Ernie, I have a new career for you . . . explaining to the ladies (and gents) the secrets of weight control :dieslaughing::dieslaughing:

I think that'll be a little more of use to them than the Kha Khan thingie :biggrin:

PS: give my regards to Challenge when you see her again :dieslaughing::dieslaughing:

R

Rog,

I too remember Ernie both at St Hill and on the Apollo. He was the perennial BS artist and a complete nut job. Did you ever see him in his Suit of Lights ? He wore it at a party at Virginia Budlong. He looked like Skeletor.:yes:

He had a love of guns and usually carried one with him. On the ship he was a folder page who used to take naps in the folder locker. One day someone slipped the door catch just as Dave Murphy started burning off a bracket on the adjoining wall. This started the paint (on Ernie's side) to blister and smoke.:omg: Ernie ran screaming to the door, crying out " Fire, Fire". :banghead: He was locked inside. After a few minutes we let him out. He was shaking like a leaf.:roflmao:

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
Rog,

I too remember Ernie both at St Hill and on the Apollo. He was the perennial BS artist and a complete nut job. Did you ever see him in his Suit of Lights ? He wore it at a party at Virginia Budlong. He looked like Skeletor.:yes:

He had a love of guns and usually carried one with him. On the ship he was a folder page who used to take naps in the folder locker. One day someone slipped the door catch just as Dave Murphy started burning off a bracket on the adjoining wall. This started the paint (on Ernie's side) to blister and smoke.:omg: Ernie ran screaming to the door, crying out " Fire, Fire". :banghead: He was locked inside. After a few minutes we let him out. He was shaking like a leaf.:roflmao:

I love this hysterical historical stuff...so helps with the overall EP of getting out of the hubbard schtick.:yes:

RogerB

Crusader
Rog,

Yah . . . I think he's best summed up as a caricature posing as a human being.

My first dose of him was enough to let go and run for cover :dieslaughing:

So he was a folder page on the ship . . . . he didn't reveal that in his long discourse as to his excellence at everything :dieslaughing::dieslaughing:

Rog

RogerB

Crusader
Mine, too!

Actually . . . I was being mean and facetious . . . Challenge did a post regarding our bullfighter trying to "get it on with her in a sauna (while on the purif, or some such)!" She wound up the post with the sign -off: what a moron!

It seems he fancies himself as an everything as well as a ladies man :unsure:

R

Sharone Stainforth

I wonder what was the purpose of interviewing this man?

Personally, I think Aida knows exactly what she's doing.I for one am very grateful.I think the video speaks for itself, like many of the videos done with old time Hubbardites, especially if one once knew them.

Mystic

Crusader
In the '80s Mr. Martin had a "group" in the LA area which eventually busted up as he was sexually molesting the way-too-young girls.

When I first clicked on this video I didn't have my audio turned on and when I saw that finger go up and mouth moving, I didn't even bother. So I turned the vid off too.

Yeah, I knew this human thing way too well.

Sharone Stainforth

In the '80s Mr. Martin had a "group" in the LA area which eventually busted up as he was sexually molesting the way-too-young girls.

When I first clicked on this video I didn't have my audio turned on and when I saw that finger go up and mouth moving, I didn't even bother. So I turned the vid off too.

Yeah, I knew this human thing way too well.

Do you have any more information about that?

I found this:
http://www.tr-l.org/mott0200.htm

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Personally, I think Aida knows exactly what she's doing.I for one am very grateful.I think the video speaks for itself, like many of the videos done with old time Hubbardites, especially if one once knew them.

After Aida posted the video of Ernie talking about Quentin's death (he dropped his body to foil is kidnapper's intentions), several exes & I, posted that his rendition of events did not line up with the facts.

Aida responded angrily on Facebook that she believed Ernie, and did not like all the lies about Scientology & LRH that have been posted on the Internet, insinuating all the posts about Quentin's death resulted from an attempted suicide were all "Internet lies".

She also said because I was not present when Quentin died, I had no business asserting facts vs. fiction. I informed Aida I was not around when the Holocaust occurred in the 1940's, but I'm reasonably assured that it did take place based on the facts that have been documented.

We argued on facts vs, fiction, and I approached her politely, where other exes came right out and said Ernie was "mental" and was a liar. I told Aida she had the right to believe whatever she wanted. Aida later deleted the discussion from Facebook.