What's new

User Name Change

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have changed my user name from the illusioness to the oracle.

Now, when people want to chide me, instead of calling me "the delussioness", the can call me "the debacle".

All in all, I have evolved on esmb.

T.O.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
LOL!!

I found that when I was on beliefnet and I changed my identity, it was always an opportunity to adopt things that people had screamed at me that my old identity had resisted, but I secretly knew were right.

How is The Oracle different from The Illusionness?

neiljung

Patron with Honors
It's certainly more decisive and definitive, at least in name. I've been thinking about getting a new nic myself. Not everyone will get the teenage fanclub reference. In fact, almost nobody will. Meh.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
An Illusioness creates illusions.

Which I have been gifted at.

My place in this game though has been to recognize the illusions of others.

But I have gone beyond that point in life.

I understand why I have the gift of seeing illusion.

Now I am exploring the gift of seeing and living on a different time track.

The future.

An oracle is a prophet.

The possibility of the future is more interesting to me now that the illusions of the present.

T.I.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's certainly more decisive and definitive, at least in name. I've been thinking about getting a new nic myself. Not everyone will get the teenage fanclub reference. In fact, almost nobody will. Meh.

Allow me to predict an appropriate new name for you.

How about: The Messenger

I feel you have some track running messages.

Between tribes and between armies and between nobles.

Tell me how that seems to you.

T.O.

neiljung

Patron with Honors
An Illusioness creates illusions.

Which I have been gifted at.

My place in this game though has been to recognize the illusions of others.

But I have gone beyond that point in life.

I understand why I have the gift of seeing illusion.

Now I am exploring the gift of seeing and living on a different time track.

The future.

An oracle is a prophet.

The possibility of the future is more interesting to me now that the illusions of the present.

T.I.

Glad you're feeling stronger. Names have power. Be careful.

ExScnDude

Patron with Honors
I have changed my user name from the illusioness to the oracle.

Now, when people want to chide me, instead of calling me "the delussioness", the can call me "the debacle".

All in all, I have evolved on esmb.

T.O.

Now we have a place to go before embarking on that big quest.

I tell ya, ESMB has everything!

T

TheSneakster

not important

Last edited by a moderator:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

I kept thinking you were Carl's brother.

Mojo

Silver Meritorious Patron
T.I.

But but but, if the present consists of illusions, when the future becomes the present won't it consist of illusions also?

Mojo

Mojo

Silver Meritorious Patron
That's all we have. Enjoy.

Maybe so. Maybe not neiljung (by the way I love your music, especially the mid-seventies stuff).

For me everything *is* an illusion, save for the being (called Consciousness) observing everything. Notwithstanding my sympathizing with those whom imagine *reality* to be that which appears and disappears, but does so *constantly*. Lol.

I've sometimes wondered why I've met so few scientologists whom have had the cog about the meaning of being a thetan that I seemed to have had. Which is: Being that which is higher and prior and after (with laughter?) of every appearance of thought, emotion, sensation and form. The infinite Emptiness behind the Form. The Eternal Silence behind the Speech. The Nothingness from which the Everythingness (is that a real word? lol) springs forth (and vanishes back into).

Perhaps its because the idea of actually being Empty, Silent and Nothing (i.e. a Thetan) is fundamentally unappealing and arguably unattractive. Lol. Nonetheless it is why I am somewhat fond of Ron's first and tenth axioms.

Which are (for any non-scientologists here):

Axiom #1: Life is basically a static.

DEFINITION: A life static has no mass, no motion, no wavelength, no location in space or in time. It has the ability to postulate and to perceive.

And:

Axiom # 10: The highest purpose in the universe is the creation of an effect.

The philosophical issue I take with Oracle (great nick/name by the way) in lightheartness, is that dispensing with (or lessening the attention to) the present in the interest of a contemplation/creation of a future implies an essential distinction between the two that simply doesn't spiritually exist. As both are essentially effects. Essential as both may be to the game. Lol.

For me Time is only a production, and Now alone is Eternal. Thus Time is a Production of Now for me. Always was. Always will be. Lol.

Mojo

P.S. the inability to be an effect simultaneously with being a cause has always struck me as an odd consideration which consideration has seemingly produced some rather remarkable pain in the experience of those whom imagine it as so.

neiljung

Patron with Honors
Maybe so. Maybe not neiljung (by the way I love your music, especially the mid-seventies stuff).

For me everything *is* an illusion, save for the being (called Consciousness) observing everything. Notwithstanding my sympathizing with those whom imagine *reality* to be that which appears and disappears, but does so *constantly*. Lol.

I've sometimes wondered why I've met so few scientologists whom have had the cog about the meaning of being a thetan that I seemed to have had. Which is: Being that which is higher and prior and after (with laughter?) of every appearance of thought, emotion, sensation and form. The infinite Emptiness behind the Form. The Eternal Silence behind the Speech. The Nothingness from which the Everythingness (is that a real word? lol) springs forth (and vanishes back into).

Perhaps its because the idea of actually being Empty, Silent and Nothing (i.e. a Thetan) is fundamentally unappealing and arguably unattractive. Lol. Nonetheless it is why I am somewhat fond of Ron's first and tenth axioms.

Which are (for any non-scientologists here):

Axiom 1: Life is basically a static.

DEFINITION: A life static has no mass, no motion, no wavelength, no location in space or in time. It has the ability to postulate and to perceive.

And:

# 10: The highest purpose in the universe is the creation of an effect.

The philosophical issue I take with Oracle (great nick/name by the way) in lightheartness, is that dispensing with (or lessening the attention to) the present in the interest of a contemplation/creation of a future implies an essential distinction between the two that simply doesn't spiritually exist. As both are essentially effects. Essential as both may be to the game. Lol.

For me Time is only a production, and Now alone is Eternal. Thus Time is a Production of Now for me. Always was. Always will be. Lol.

Mojo

Yeah, but we can do whatever the hell we want. Action is effect, and perception can take whatever form you like. Interpretation even more-so.

What was your point again?

Oh, look what time it is.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, I'm not particulary sneaky, so obviously TheSneakster is a bit sardonic, eh? :thumbsup:

But I would like to see your take on me, Oracle. :prettyplease:

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous.

I agree, the sneakster is not an appropriate name for you.

Nevertheless, you are fascinated by the shadows and the mysteries that lurk there. You aren't easily sucked in though to dark channels. You prefer to dwell in well lit places, and cast light into the darkness.

I think a good user name for you would be Apollo.

As you are a bringer of light into dark shadows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo

T.O.

Last edited:

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
But but but, if the present consists of illusions, when the future becomes the present won't it consist of illusions also?

Mojo

Sure it will.

But I am more interested in the possibility of those illusions, yet to be created, than the ones already existing.

T.O.

neiljung

Patron with Honors
After much thought, I'm going to stick with my current name. It references one of my favourite Teenage Fanclub songs, and Neil Young, and Jung who was an evil perverted psych. That pretty much sums me up.

Till I'm banned, then I'll probably call myself iherduliekme or something to do with mudkips.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, thanks for explaining that user name!

Though I don't see it that you are evil in any way as the "Jung" would be.

T.O.

neiljung

Patron with Honors
Well, thanks for explaining that user name!

Though I don't see it that you are evil in any way as the "Jung" would be.

T.O.

Allow me to elaborate;

"Neil Jung"

You had a girlfriend
That wasn't good enough for you
She was younger
But that was old enough you knew

To get undressed for you
Stressed for you
Distorting everything
Became depressed for you

You were changing
Didn't want to stay the same
Re-arranging
Dropped a letter from your name

She'd get uptight with you
Would fight with you
And you would never win
It wasn't right for you

Was going nowhere
Couldn't take the pain and left it there
Was going nowhere

Not understanding
Had a different point of view
Tried to reach her
When she moved away from you

She was confusing you
Using you
You couldn't understand
Began amusing you

Was going nowhere
Was going nowhere

[SOLO]

Was going nowhere
Was going nowhere

[SOLO]

And that's the story of neil jung. Great song. Great album. Harmonies just dropping in all over the shop. Beautiful. Anyway....