What's new

Ernie Martin Interview at Aida Thomas's Party LA 2011.

G

Gottabrain

:biggrin: I know you, sweetie. You would have told him off and torn him a new a%&hole and more. You would have been completely on Sharone's side.

Gotta, when I first came to the US to train at the end of '77, I saw A LOT of out ethics on the 2D all over in Scn, but in the country as well. Not that I am a prude or innocent, but I came from a completely different type of environment and moral codes on the second dynamic.

I had a huge, huge cultural shock, it was very hard to me, I even had to get auditing on the area because it was unbearable to me what I was experiencing. As a matter of fact it still is. I felt that most scientologists were very weird in the area of sex and family, I still feel that way thirty years later. But we are not going to discuss that topic here because it is a flaming topic...LOL!

So with that said, I felt that out 2D was rampant and everyone seemed oblivious to it. It is now 33 years later that it is mentioned that was not a happy thing.

I hated the 70s. The sexual promiscuity around when I was a teen confused me and took something simple and beautiful and degraded it into something as disgusting and mediocre as dogs screwing anything they can mount.

So I can relate.

I'm happy with my views now - if I'm not in a loving relationship, I don't have sex. I want it all and won't settle for less and this is who I am.

Pedophiles are a breed lower than dogs.

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
Yes, I would probably have confronted him with that, however, I am less fightsty these days...LOL.

Yes, I am completely on Sharone's side, I was upset when she was banned, I even stopped reading ESMB...LOL

The thing about sex and the 70's is that everybody hates it now, but they all did "it" and even bragged about it...I always wondered if I missed anything...LOL

I am with you that there has to be love before sex....but I must add: and marriage before sex...LOL

:biggrin: I know you, sweetie. You would have told him off and torn him a new a%&hole and more. You would have been completely on Sharone's side.

I hated the 70s. The sexual promiscuity around when I was a teen confused me and took something simple and beautiful and degraded it into something as disgusting and mediocre as dogs screwing anything they can mount.

So I can relate.

I'm happy with my views now - if I'm not in a loving relationship, I don't have sex. I want it all and won't settle for less and this is who I am.

Pedophiles are a breed lower than dogs.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I didn't ask what proof YOU had he committed suicide, I said that there has been speculations over the years about it...and you posted some links which I found interesting.

The thing that gets me, has nothing to do with you...it has to do with the fact that Quentin never left a suicide note, neither makes sense to me that he decided to go to Las Vegas and on the way he thought: "I am going to get naked and kill myself here on the road where all can see me and find me in this condition" Yeah right!

You pointed out he has staph infection and possible cerebral abscess, but I believe I read that he was found naked on the road and possibly died from the fumes of the car. I don't remember exactly because to me is such a lie. And if he had that "lethal combination" then why it is said he committed suicide...see?

It was thought initially thought that carbon monoxide poisoning (gas fumes from the car) was the culprit for Quentin's comatose condition, but a toxicology screen was negative for carbon monoxide, so his death had nothing to do with the fumes.

If you recall, I posted Russell Miller's comments (in his book "Bare-Faced Messiah") on what officer's found when they approached Quentin's car. Russell got this information directly from the Police Report D.R. No. 76-57596, Las Vegas Metropilitan Police Department..

"Quentin had been found in Las Vegas at 0832 hours on 28 October, slumped over the steering-wheel of a white Pontiac parked off Sunset Road alongside the perimeter fence of McCarran Airport at the end of the north-south runway.

All the car windows were rolled up and a white vacuum cleaner tube led from the passenger's vent window to the exhaust tail pipe. Tissue papers had been stuffed into the window opening around the tube and the car's engine was still running.

Officer Bruns of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department was first on the scene. He wrenched open both the car doors and ascertained that the young man inside was still alive, though unconscious, probably because the tube had fallen off the tail pipe. He carried no identification of any kind and there were no license plates on the car.

There was nothing in the car but a Grundig portable radio, a black tote bag containing miscellaneous clothing and an open, partly consumed, bottle of tequila. The vehicle appeared as though the subject might have been sleeping in it,' the police report noted. 'The subject himself was very unkempt, his clothing was dirty, and would be possibly described as a vagrant type subject. A white male, appeared in his mid to late 20s. The subject was transported to Southern Nevada Memorial Hospital via Mercy Ambulance

As no one knew who he was, Quentin was admitted to hospital as 'John Doe'. The only identifying marks that the hospital could record were his red hair and red moustache. He never regained consciousness and died at 2115 on 12 November.

The police records listed him as a 'possible suicide'."

http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/bfm/bfm20.htm

dianaclass8

Thanks Smurf, so this is the third version of the events.

And again, S-P-E-C-U-L-A-T-I-O-N from the police record...

I bet that if it had happened now, the speculation would have been "murder".

We do not know what happened there, only speculation, the police who reported did not know he was the son of LRH, I heard that he had body guards, where were they? Also people would want to murder him. Who? I don't know. Same as with the Pilot, there has been rumors that he was murdered yet the police said 'suicide'...hard to tell, yet they all say it as it was actually true that Quentin killed himself.

It was thought initially thought that carbon monoxide poisoning (gas fumes from the car) was the culprit for Quentin's comatose condition, but a toxicology screen was negative for carbon monoxide, so his death had nothing to do with the fumes.

If you recall, I posted Russell Miller's comments (in his book "Bare-Faced Messiah") on what officer's found when they approached Quentin's car. Russell got this information directly from the Police Report D.R. No. 76-57596, Las Vegas Metropilitan Police Department..

"Quentin had been found in Las Vegas at 0832 hours on 28 October, slumped over the steering-wheel of a white Pontiac parked off Sunset Road alongside the perimeter fence of McCarran Airport at the end of the north-south runway.

All the car windows were rolled up and a white vacuum cleaner tube led from the passenger's vent window to the exhaust tail pipe. Tissue papers had been stuffed into the window opening around the tube and the car's engine was still running.

Officer Bruns of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department was first on the scene. He wrenched open both the car doors and ascertained that the young man inside was still alive, though unconscious, probably because the tube had fallen off the tail pipe. He carried no identification of any kind and there were no license plates on the car.

There was nothing in the car but a Grundig portable radio, a black tote bag containing miscellaneous clothing and an open, partly consumed, bottle of tequila. The vehicle appeared as though the subject might have been sleeping in it,' the police report noted. 'The subject himself was very unkempt, his clothing was dirty, and would be possibly described as a vagrant type subject. A white male, appeared in his mid to late 20s. The subject was transported to Southern Nevada Memorial Hospital via Mercy Ambulance

As no one knew who he was, Quentin was admitted to hospital as 'John Doe'. The only identifying marks that the hospital could record were his red hair and red moustache. He never regained consciousness and died at 2115 on 12 November.

The police records listed him as a 'possible suicide'."

http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/bfm/bfm20.htm

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
G

Gottabrain

Thanks Smurf, so this is the third version of the events.

And again, S-P-E-C-U-L-A-T-I-O-N from the police record...

I bet that if it had happened now, the speculation would have been "murder".

We do not know what happened there, only speculation, the police who reported did not know he was the son of LRH, I heard that he had body guards, where were they? Also people would want to murder him. Who? I don't know. Same as with the Pilot, there has been rumors that he was murdered yet the police said 'suicide'...hard to tell, yet they all say it as it was actually true that Quentin killed himself.

Many years ago, Andre told me that Quentin had been on a confidential mission at the time of his death. He wanted to do it for his father and to prove himself.

Nobody knew what the mission was, not even Andre. To go on a mission alone was highly unusual. Back then, Andre was in close contact with L Ron.

Andre was suspicious. There was something about Quentin having been in the desert (Vegas), then his suddenly showing up in the car with the exhaust pipe like that ...

Andre inferred the mission was extremely dangerous and something had gone wrong.
Andre inferred at the time that Quentin was murdered. He knew more, but he was still a dedicated and loyal SO member so did not tell me any more directly. But he knew more than he told me, too.

G

Gottabrain

Gee, if you're going to get picky, ...

You say that like her attempts to discuss the truth as she understands it is a bad thing.:omg:

People have different perspectives, observations & understandings. There is rarely only one way to look at available information. That is especially so as in a situation like Quentin's where the available information right from the start was incomplete, riddled with suppositions & inaccuracies, and ambiguous. That's not even accounting for the shore stories & lies which have been deliberately spread about the matter over the decades. I've heard more stories about Quentin's death than I can recall. They are all for the most part pointless since the most essential data is missing.

The one thing that is utterly clear is that many people seek to use a lack of information as an opportunity deliberately to create controversy and conflict.

Hubbard even coined a phrase to describe such behavior. Ironically, it fit him to a 'T'. :biggrin:

It's one thing to put forth a speculative hypothesis. It's something else entirely to accuse another person of intentional bad faith when they fail to agree. :eyeroll:

In view of the fact that it is highly unlikely that the actual circumstances of Quentin's death will ever be fully known, he is dead and there are no new and credible sources of information, it is particularly rude to attack another over a disagreement about individual beliefs in the matter. It strikes me as rather like picking an argument over the color of god's skin. Only a fool would do it. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

Last edited:

Mystic

Crusader
Being the extremely low-level of conjured entity as was the L. Ron Hubbard thing, he would have been of the personality type that would "get power" from killing his own son.

dianaclass8

Oh, crawl back to your cave, Mark. I was joking.. what a douche. :duh:

No Smurf, do not tell that to Mark, Actually I thought exactly what he just said.

There is so much insistence that something it is true where there is only speculation. I studied Law in the University in Mexico, and that would never be accepted in a court of law. Yet it has become the "universal truth" that Quentin committed suicide, perhaps my pickiness comes from my lawyer training.

But I will never, ever accept that unless there is some proof beyond reasonable doubt and I have not seen that so far.

Thanks Mark Baker for expressing your opinion...:thumbsup:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
No Smurf, do not tell that to Mark, Actually I thought exactly what he just said.

There is so much insistence that something it is true where there is only speculation. I studied Law in the University in Mexico, and that would never be accepted in a court of law. Yet it has become the "universal truth" that Quentin committed suicide, perhaps my pickiness comes from my lawyer training.

But I will never, ever accept that unless there is some proof beyond reasonable doubt and I have not seen that so far.

Thanks Mark Baker for expressing your opinion...:thumbsup:

I stand by what I said. I was joking & Mark couldn't see that. I feel like I'm constantly repeating myself, Aida.

Mark posted, "You say that like her attempts to discuss the truth as she understands it is a bad thing".. I've said all along that we ALL are free to believe what we want based on our personal beliefs & observations. I don't know how to make it clearer to you.

Secondly, I'm not part of the "universal opinion" that Quentin committed suicide. I can come to conclusions based on what evidence there is, but whether I'm correct or not is irrelevent.. some people are convinced he was murdered, others are convinced he committed suicide, and some may believe he died from natural causes.

Before I was a paralegal, I worked in a hospital and a medic in the Army.. I've seem my share of staph infections and know that fatalities occur from them. Whether he died from staph, or something else that doesn't show in the coroner's report, I don't know.

dianaclass8

I stand by what I said. I was joking & Mark couldn't see that. I feel like I'm constantly repeating myself, Aida.

Mark posted, "You say that like her attempts to discuss the truth as she understands it is a bad thing".. I've said all along that we ALL are free to believe what we want based on our personal beliefs & observations. I don't know how to make it clearer to you.

Secondly, I'm not part of the "universal opinion" that Quentin committed suicide. I can come to conclusions based on what evidence there is, but whether I'm correct or not is irrelevent.. some people are convinced he was murdered, others are convinced he committed suicide, and some may believe he died from natural causes.

Before I was a paralegal, I worked in a hospital and a medic in the Army.. I've seem my share of staph infections and know that fatalities occur from them. Whether he died from staph, or something else that doesn't show in the coroner's report, I don't know.

Thanks for the data Smurf :thumbsup:

DartSmohen

If we can just set aside all this "handbags at dawn" stuff going on, let us return to the person whose demise is being discussed.:duh:

I knew Quinten from the time he was a small child, through to when he was on the ship and he was a good friend. I prefer to remember him for that and am sorry he is no longer with us.:yes:

Dart

If we can just set aside all this "handbags at dawn" stuff going on, let us return to the person whose demise is being discussed.:duh:

I knew Quinten from the time he was a small child, through to when he was on the ship and he was a good friend. I prefer to remember him for that and am sorry he is no longer with us.:yes:

Dart

Not to distract from the important point of your post, but this did crack me up:
"handbags at dawn" :lol:

Sharone Stainforth

Dart

So, are YOU Kenneth Urqhuart?

So, are YOU Kenneth Urqhuart?

:no: No, Sharone. Ken does not post on esmb.

Nor, incidentally, do freezoners have any sort of 'get out of jail free card'. If Martin hasn't been arrested it is most likely because a credible police report was never filed at the time of the offenses. Statute of limitations may also apply, as well as societal changes since the time of any infractions.

There are legal limits, practical limits, and policy limits to police actions, as the Trayvon Martin case is currently highlighting in the u.s.. Not every injustice is met with either criminal proceedings or civil justice; see the recent history of the catholic church for comparison.

Mark A. Baker

Last edited: