What's new

Young woman found dead at Narconon Arrowhead

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
From the Village Voice comments:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runni...ology_narconon_oklahoma_stacy_dawn_murphy.php

brlcris12

This was my ex girl friend this still does not seem real..I got to know the real her in side and out the sober real her i loved her so much and she will always have a place in my heart Rest in peace stacy i will see you again some day i enjoyed all the great times we shared together. You were my first love and nobody can EVER take that away! I still don't understand what happened fully i don't know why Scientology was involved in your recovery process but that doesn't matter now your with that angels looking down on all of us if anything i'm glad to know i have an angel looking down on me at all times! :)) I'm going to do everything i can to go see your family on monday. I love you Stacy Dawn Murphy Say hi to my cousin for me!

Ambrbratz

JustCallMeMary Just to clarify your info as someone who went to school and graduated with her at Owasso, no, she had not been just admitted. She had been in for about a month and to a month and a half. In fact back in the middle of June she made a statement via Facebook, "One more month I can't wait I want out!! I miss everybody so much! Haley expecially you :( and alejandra I can't wait to see you!" She had been able to be out the day before on a day pass to see her family. So luckily she was able to spend time with them before she died.

You can send an email here to let the local fox affiliate know that you appreciate their great coverage, and their attempt to expose Narconon for what it is:

[email protected]

Or call them here:

405-843-2525

Help convince them to keep the heat on. The dead and abused deserve our support.

Never Surrender

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Colin Henderson asked me to repost this here from WWP and asked for all to please try and pass this around via twitter, etc ASAP.

Mr. Murphy would like to see as many National, State and Local Officials at His daughter’s Memorial.
If you are a Judge, DA, Media (NO Cameras), Concerned Citizen, US and State Reps, US and State Senators, Attorney General, OSBI, FBI, Oklahoma Department of Mental Health, Governors Office, etc..
Show your compassion to the grieving family.

I will be there and in my opinion so should some of the above^^^^^^

Funeral Arrangements
Stacy Dawn Murphy

Date of Birth Thursday, March 12, 1992
Date of Death Thursday, July 19, 2012

Funeral Date Monday, July 23, 2012
Funeral Time 10:00 a.m.
Funeral Site Central Baptist Church
Funeral Address 9001 North 145th East Avenue
Funeral City Owasso, OK 74055
Funeral Phone 918-272-6244
Funeral Website www.moweryfs.com
Funeral Contact Steve Mowery

Visitation Location Mowery Funeral Service
Visitation Date Sunday, July 22, 2012
Visitation Hours 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Burial Site Graceland Memorial Park Cemetery
Burial Address Highway 20, East of North 145th East Avenue
Burial City Owasso, OK 74055

Stacy Murphy Memorial Fund:
c/o First Bank of Owasso
918-272-5301
P.O. Box 1800
Owasso OK, 74055

AnonyMary

Yes, I need to go back and correct some of that on Tony's blog.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, she had been there for a while before but she'd been out on a pass after having gotten through the sauna part of the program.

The fact is that Stacy was in withdrawal room, the first step, on the day she died. This was after returning from a home visit that day and testing clean upon arrival back.
Later that day at Narconon she was seen to be appearing on something and it was then decided to test her once more, hours later - that test was positive. This according to what Narconon told authorities and family.

Narconon apparently then put her back to step one, withdrawal and at one point they stopped monitoring her and some other 'students' who were with her in withdrawal phase. Keep in mind that this is a dangerous program and that the withdrawal phase is the most dangerous part because there is really no medical attention.... usually another recent graduate working there in exchange for staying longer in the program past the 6 months is the one doing the blood pressure checks and ligfht indoctrination processes. However, there was NO supervision for several hours during the time she died unattended.

I cannot imagine the pain, horror and suffering in that room.

I am not aware of the official cause of death being made yet. Whether it's an overdose of whatever Narconon says she took while at Narconon after her return, or some other medical condition in combination with having drugs in her system while in withdrawal unattended. In either case, it's negligence by Narconon at minimum.

Last edited:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Scientology continues to kill.

As long as scientology is allow to exist it will kill.

That is what psychotic organizations do.

I have NO doubts that scientology is a pyschotic organiztion moulded in the image of it's founder, L Ron Hubbard.

BigBeard

Patron
Colin Henderson asked me to repost this here from WWP and asked for all to please try and pass this around via twitter, etc ASAP.

I understand the logic of Mr. Murphy's invitation completely.

But, assuming this death ends up in criminal and/or civil court, for some of these people to attend is handing NN/Cof$ an excuse on a silver platter to recuse judges, or impinge the partiality of investigators. With possible consequences to other families that may decide to persue legal action.

As much as I grieve for Mr. Murphy's loss, I strongly urge that he reconsider the list of people on this invitation.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
I understand the logic of Mr. Murphy's invitation completely.

But, assuming this death ends up in criminal and/or civil court, for some of these people to attend is handing NN/Cof$ an excuse on a silver platter to recuse judges, or impinge the partiality of investigators. With possible consequences to other families that may decide to persue legal action.

As much as I grieve for Mr. Murphy's loss, I strongly urge that he reconsider the list of people on this invitation.

Seriously, I don't get your 'logic' here BB, please explain? This sounds more like a culty diversion than helpful advice to me, so... "...impinge the partiality of investigators." Really? Wow. How?

:unsure:

BigBeard

Patron
Seriously, I don't get your 'logic' here BB, please explain? This sounds more like a culty diversion than helpful advice to me, so... "...impinge the partiality of investigators." Really? Wow. How?

From the original request:

If you are a Judge, DA, Media (NO Cameras), Concerned Citizen, US and State Reps, US and State Senators, Attorney General, OSBI, FBI, Oklahoma Department of Mental Health, Governors Office, etc..

The highlighted people are the ones I'm concerned about. After watching the Cof$'s shennanigan's since '94 I guarantee, whether true or not, they'll claim any judge who attends was improperly presented with information about the case outside of court with no opportunity for the Cof$/NN to refute it, therefore they should be recused. It wouldn't be the first time they've used the flimsiest of excuses to get a judge recused.

They'll also claim any OSBI, FBI, or ODMH investigator who attends was improperly biased against them by the emotional claims of the family in front of the press. Therefore any information gathered by those investigators should be suppressed.

It sounds bizarre, but it's how they work. Look at how they tried to get any opening statement by Debbie Cook's attorney surpressed. Never mind the proverbial 'mole hill', these people will take a grain of sand and try to turn it in to a mountain that will delay justice and drive up costs until the other side quits.

If it was just the Murphy's, I'd say it's their business. But this literally also has the potential to impact any criminal/civil actions that may be brought regarding the other narCONon deaths.

So no Ogsonofgroo, no culty diversion, just serious concern based on past culty behavior.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
From the original request:

The highlighted people are the ones I'm concerned about. After watching the Cof$'s shennanigan's since '94 I guarantee, whether true or not, they'll claim any judge who attends was improperly presented with information about the case outside of court with no opportunity for the Cof$/NN to refute it, therefore they should be recused. It wouldn't be the first time they've used the flimsiest of excuses to get a judge recused.

They'll also claim any OSBI, FBI, or ODMH investigator who attends was improperly biased against them by the emotional claims of the family in front of the press. Therefore any information gathered by those investigators should be suppressed.

It sounds bizarre, but it's how they work. Look at how they tried to get any opening statement by Debbie Cook's attorney surpressed. Never mind the proverbial 'mole hill', these people will take a grain of sand and try to turn it in to a mountain that will delay justice and drive up costs until the other side quits.

If it was just the Murphy's, I'd say it's their business. But this literally also has the potential to impact any criminal/civil actions that may be brought regarding the other narCONon deaths.

So no Ogsonofgroo, no culty diversion, just serious concern based on past culty behavior.

So you believe this bereaved family should just lie down and let the cult walk all over them and make their own contacts with judges and mental health experts? It's one thing being prudent but why play the cult's game?

Of course they will try on anything. But it's not working very well for them at the moment.

BigBeard

Patron
So you believe this bereaved family should just lie down and let the cult walk all over them and make their own contacts with judges and mental health experts?

That's not what I said and you know it, so don't put words in my mouth.

Believe me, I would like nothing more than to see narCONon end up like Carthage, plowed into the dirt with a liberal dose of salt so nothing would grow there.:angry:

Anger is a big part of the grieving process in a situation like this, and I understand the Murphy's anger better than you may think. And that anger is a large part of the invitation being aimed at the people it is.

It's an understandable reaction, and part of me agrees with it, while at the same time seeing the potential for ALL legal actions against narCONon in Oklahoma, not just whatever the Murphy's decide to do, becoming compromised because of it. And if you don't think that could happen, I suggest you go review the legal cases Cof$ has been involved with in the last 20 years.

AnonyMary

BigBeard, I appreciate your concern but there is nothing inappropriate in asking for this. In the state of OKLA, it is not uncommon when it comes to tragic and avoidable deaths that require public attention and government action .

AnonyMary

BYW readers, there was an interview of the father last night, which I will post the link to here below.

Please keep in mind that there is a very strong possibility that what the father says about how the daughter got the drugs is purely based upon what Narconon told him. This is NOT what the father initially stated to those he spoke with. This was relayed to me by people who have more of the facts about the situation and my knowledge gained from various sources.

To my knowledge, no one knows how she got the drugs and whether she brought them into the facility the morning of her death or obtained them when she returned from Narconon after passing a drug test.

The man is still in shock and grief. The comments on the interview show that some people are bashing him as if it was his fault for her supposedly obtaining the drugs while on his watch during her one day home visit the day before her death. This is unfair because this is contrary to what I know and what many know from experience that Narconon tries very hard to point the finger in these matters.

Narconon Arrowhead lied to the police and medical examiner that Gabriel Graves overdosed on Heroin when, in fact, he never took Heroin and was found to be completely drug free upon autopsy and toxilogical results. So keep in mind that until the autopsy and test results and investigation by authorities for Stacy Dawn Murphy are returned, we won't know any of the facts and we certainly cannot rely upon anything from Narconon - even as relayed to the parents.

Illegal drug use and distribution at Narconon Arrowhead ( by 'students and by some staff ) has been a big issue for some time now. This has been reported in complaints to the state and the sheriff was aware of the problem and working on the external entry issues, as people used to just be able to walk to the edge of the property and get drugs. There is obviously an issue with drugs getting into the facility but there should be no finger pointing without proof that Stacy herself brought any in because the evidence so far is that she was clean when she arrived back from her one day home supervided visit.

The funeral is today and Gabriel Grave's mother will be there as well as Colin Henderson and others. At some point this issue of how the father came to believe she brought the drugs in will be discussed with him. I'll keep you updated.

Here is the Channel 9 news show interview and story - which was aired right in the area of Narconon Arrowhead last night:

http://www.news9.com/story/19085040/owasso-woman-dies-at-drug-rehab-facility-her-family-wants-answers

Last edited:

MichelleAsWell

Patron with Honors
Wait what? So NN was holding people against their will?

Also, the sherrif is rounding em up and shipping em out? That's fantastic, but I'm thinking that I've missed a significant part of what happenned since the news broke if that's happenning.

Is there any confirmation that the other people were allowed to go home--for some reason I can only get a second or so of the news videos