What's new

Our Children...

Wisened One

Crusader
I wanted to start a thread on what effects (if any) did being on Staff/SO have on your children (no matter their ages when you went in and got out?).

I didn't see my children for a few years when I was in scn and joined staff. (gave them to their father...long story, to do with something before I ever got into scn)......

I saw them when I got out and luckily they were still quite young and we've been in each others' lives ever happily, since:)

They did do a few courses, but never took interest, thank god.

Years later, SO recruiters got a hold of my then-12-yr old daughter and wouldn't let any of us out of the room till she signed (she wanted to,they made it sound sooo 'cool' you know) and WE sign her over to them....we signed ours for 'next lifetime' and all of us read the stupid crap they make you read, some pledge or some such thing.... then for months after, they kept telling her to not wait till 18 (like she wanted to) but to join at 14..WE never had any intention of letting them have her at ANY age, but just signed the damn things to get out of the room!

But still, they grew up in a strict christian religion themselves, so they could identify what kind of a group scn was and they were happy when we left it.

I'll never forget the night we told them we are officially 'out'.

We had a wonderful bonfire that night, and quietly explained to them the reasons we left. Suddenly the flames got low, but *gasp* Looky HERE, we've got these three BIG pieces of paper that those nice SO recruits gave us, we could use;)

They understood, agreed and felt very relieved that we'd have more time for them and be free, etc. Then they helped feed the fire to keep it burning brightly, you know....:p

Anyway: I know my story is kindergarten next to many of yours regarding your children...please share them here!

This will help many parents and children, I hope.

Wisened One

Last edited:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Sorry. This is by no means an attempt to divert your thread. It is on topic. Please, despite what I write, others tell your stories as well about children in the Sea Org.

As for me, and my children: they are both dead. Enforced abortion. I was married at the time. There was no real reason to abort. I did it for the Sea Org. So I could stay.

I would have a 14 year old and a 6 year old now.

Wisened One

Crusader
Hugs to you, Bea....

:hug: it belongs here. :bigcry:

And ALL of you who endured abortions due to scn, no matter if you were in the Sea Org and felt 'persuaded' to get one, or were Staff or even Public and felt one was 'for the greatest good', etc...post, please!

I want all these types and more on this one thread for ease in viewing with regards to the effects CoS had and still has on children.

Also belonging here: if the poster is/was a child of SO/Staff parents and wants to post here their opinions, etc.

Wisened One

duddins

Patron Meritorious
Sorry. This is by no means an attempt to divert your thread. It is on topic. Please, despite what I write, others tell your stories as well about children in the Sea Org.

As for me, and my children: they are both dead. Enforced abortion. I was married at the time. There was no real reason to abort. I did it for the Sea Org. So I could stay.

I'm so sorry Bea. I cannot imagine how it would feel to be in your shoes. You were wronged. Those babies were wronged. I only hope you can forgive yourself and understand how much power the organization had over us.

This is a perfect example of squirreling of the tech by the organization itself.
Remember Dianetics? One thing that originally impressed me about that book when I first read it back in 1974, was the information about babies in the womb......

To inflict this upon members of the SO is at the farthest end of evil.

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
This makes me want to cry.

Barb

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
The first short period of time I was on staff my daughter lived with her father due to our custody arrangement. So she wasn't really affected that time. The second time, she would just go with me - she had her own "jobs" to do.

The part that was difficult was that she joined the SO at the age of 15. I so did not want her to join - I wasn't done being a mommy yet. Plus, she was a 5 hour drive away from me. So I moved so that I could at least see her during her time off - which didn't come every week as promised.

She only lasted 5 months in the SO, but the problem after she left was that she'd been treated as a full-grown adult and she wasn't. So coming back home to rules and curfews were not easy to enforce. And since she had not left the SO on "good terms", I was constantly threatened that she would be declared, so during the period that she wasn't minding me, I couldn't send her to ethics or really even talk about it to any terminals at the CofS. In addition to her be threatened with a declare, I was threatened I would then have to either kick her out of the house or not do services myself until she was 18 and out of my life - I would have to disconnect from my own child.

When I finally told her I was leaving/had left the CofS she at first was sort of pissed - "you put me through this everything is Scn and now you're not going to be doing it yourself?" OK, I made some mistakes as a mommy, I'm sorry I thought it was the right thing to do. Within about 5 - 15 minutes she got over it. She agreed with everything I was telling her about why I was leaving. And she pretty much felt the same way.

After I got declared she got hounded by the Org to disconnect from me - she works for a Scn run company and all of her friends where "in". So, she lied and said she disconnected. She lies to the company she works for when she comes to visit me. She doesn't keep my address in her cell phone or in her house, in case one of her churchy friends gets nosy and finds it. She still has a few churchy friends and still works for a Scn run company, but she's slowly getting away from all of that.

It's taken me almost a year to convince her to leave her job - she's only ever worked for Scn run companies and she thinks any other job will still "suck". I've finally convinced that working for a living pretty much "sucks", but you have to have money and that working for anyone other that a Scn will be better. Thankfully I have friends that also only worked for Scn's and could tell her their experiences after they got jobs with non-Scn's - you don't get in trouble for being sick and you actually get paid for your sick days. You get paid vacations. You get health benefits. They'll love you since your work ethic is so much higher than the general population. She finally interviewed with an employment agency and they told her straight up - you should be making so much more money than you are. Hopefully soon she'll have a job in the "real world" and will be making enough money to fully support herself. She is supporting herself, but there is no room for a sick day or an unpaid vacation. Plus she won't have the constant - are you on service?, are you writing up your condition formulas on that situation?, blah, blah, blah.

I think she also figured out she needed to leave, since she was sick on and off for about a month - at her job she doesn't get the same treatment as the rest of the employees whether they are churchies or not.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I would like to apologise to my four children.

To my eldest for my not being strong enough to be your real "Mum" and for being pressured into staying on staff instead.

To you all I apologise for all the times I did not really hear you. For the times I translated your words into the language of Scientology instead of really hearing what you said.

For the times I did not see you, seeing instead "big thetans in little bodies" instead of the child you were, who needed unconditional love.

For the times I was not there when you needed me as I tried to save the world elsewhere.

For not keeping you safe from the influences that led to conflicting views on drugs, authority and approval, (you will know what I mean.)

For subjecting (some of) you to the chaos of the Scientology school as it was established and those gut wrenching times.

You are all terrific and no matter any differences of opinion we may have, I love you.
:heartflower: :bighug: :grouphug:

Last edited:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I would like to apologise to my four children.

To the eldest for my not being strong enough to be your "Mum".

To you all I apologise for all the times I did not really hear you. For the times I translated your words into the language of Scientology instead of really hearing what you said.

For the times I did not see you, seeing instead "big thetans in little bodies" instead of the child you were, who needed unconditional love.

For the times I was not there when you needed me as I tried to save the world elsewhere.

For not keeping you safe from the influences that led to conflicting views on drugs, authority and approval, (you will know what I mean.)

For subjecting (some of) you to the chaos of the Scientology school as it was established and those gut wrenching times.

You are all terrific and no matter any differences of opinion we may have, I love you.
:heartflower: :bighug: :grouphug:

This is beautiful....:bigcry:

You can be my mommy too....

ChaoticPsychotic

Patron with Honors
Dear Mom & Dad,

Dear Mom & Dad,

You know that I love you. You know for all your flaws and mistakes in raising me, I forgive you. No one is perfect and now that I am myself a mother I know how difficult it is to make the right choices in parenting.

Although... there is one thing that I cannot forgive you for mom and dad. I cannot forgive you for knowing all of the abuses that I suffered at the hands of the church and choosing to side with them instead of me.

I am your daughter. I am your first born. How could you choose some group of people who have never really done anything for you, over me? It hurts. I am almost 30 but I still cry myself to sleep at night sometimes when I think of all of the hurt I have had in my life because of your involvement in the church. I told you about the molestations, the starvation and sleep deprivation. Never mind the 18 hour workdays I endured for my teenage years. I told you about the verbal and emotional abuse. I told you about my friends who were forced to get abortions. I told you everything. Your response was to sic your DSA on me to "handle" me. Shame on you. I hope for the sake of my darling brothers that you some day snap out of it and realize what you have done with your lives for the past 29 years. I hope that you catch yourselves before the boys get recruited. I hope it happens before it's not too late to save your other children from such horrors that I endured.

And that, my dear parents, is all I have to say about that.

I love you. It is never too late to redeem yourselves.

Love, Your Daughter

Giuseppe

Patron with Honors
...I cannot forgive you for knowing all of the abuses that I suffered at the hands of the church and choosing to side with them instead of me.

Giuseppe recently told Giuseppe's mom this happen to Giuseppe. And Giuseppe assigned to lower condition on mama.:unsure:

Yes, Giuseppe was raped in the church. And outside the church. and Giuseppe sad. Giuseppe was a teenager. Giuseppe sibling raped. Giuseppe sibling forced abortion. GIUSEPPE SHOULD BE AN UNCLE GIUSEPPE.

:bigcry: Giuseppe find out mama already 'concluded' that and did RPEC for that and that Giuseppe was shit out of luck for any handling, or making up the damage.:bigcry:

Fuck you, Giuseppe's mom. Giuseppe hates you right now, until Giuseppe can calm down in a few minutes...:angry:

Sorry, ChaoticPsychotic, Giuseppe had a restim. Giuseppe know that Giuseppe should not press the 'post' button. Let's see how that goes.

not so well...:bigcry:

jeannie36832

:bigcry: As a wog, I just can't understand something like this... I really don't know what to say. I wish I could make it better but it's out of my experience.:sad:

ozzie

Patron with Honors
There is a lot I would like to say about my children who endured the Sea Org for 12 and 13 yrs of their lives.

It took me three years to get them out after I myself left - three years of fear and threats and lies. I'm only sorry I didn't succeed when I originally left. I could have stopped the cadet org abuse from ever occurring.

I found out after my children had grown how they were beaten and sexually abused while in the Cadet org. I wish I had known.

For everything that happened to them - at the beach when they were forcefully taken from me - to their stint in the Cadet org in PAC I am so truly sorry. They won't talk about that time in their lives. I don't blame them.

I won't go into details - many things happened and many are bad. They are free and they are living their lives happily now.

For that I thank God!

Ozzie

Wisened One

Crusader
*gulp* PLEASE keep writing you all.....:write: just reading your stories makes me realize sooo much more.....:hmm:.

I'm blessed that I was able to go back into my kids' lives, they also forgive me, thank goodness. I mean, they were very young when I left them....... :touched: (and admittedly the situation in which I left them was BEFORE scn, but still then, it was BECAUSE of Staff I wasn't able to go see/call them.....)

I hope this helps you and the readers.....

Hugs to each and every one of you......:hug:

Wisened One

bobthesp

Patron with Honors
Hi there. This is my first post on here. I posted this story on enturbulation.org and my wife, Wisened One, wanted me to post it here.

Sorry I was not able to read this entire thread, but I had to throw in my two cents about the kids in the SO thing.

Five years ago, 2002, myself, my wife and my then 12 year old daughter were sucked into the blackhole of a sea org recruitment cycle. It was performed by a couple of young ladies on a recruitment mission at a mission. I can definitely verify that at that time they wanted us to sign over custody of our daughter at 14 years old. We didn't, but we all three signed our billion years contract just so we could get out of the cycle, which we later burned at a campfire to help our daughter get over the fear that someday the SO was going to come and get her, which she still has remnants of to this day.

This was approx 6 years ago and they are still trying to call us to find our daught and get her in.

The two top execs at this mission (a married couple) DID sign over custody of TWO of thier daughters at 14 and off they went to the SO. One got out when she was 18, not sure about the other one.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Welcome aboard Bob. Take a seat and listen to and tell stories. It's why here is here.

Nice to have you here.

Zinj

regarding children and Scientology

First, let me preface this by saying, this web site seems to be mostly about being a victim of the dark side of Scientology. My stories are of both sides of Scientology.

I was on staff of a center from 1969 to 1970. I started a center that became an org after that. I left the Co$ in 1976 as an OT and shsbc grad. I've been auditing and training outside the Co$ ever since.

Our kids were raised in the tech of Scientology, not the Church of Scientology. The youngest was surprised to find that not everybody knew what an ARC break was when she was in 6th grade.

The two girls talk tech, opera, and organic vegetables when they get together.

The boys talk IT (information technology) when they get together.

We ski together, go to the beach for a week, rock climb, shoot pistols, and surf in family units.

The grandchildren play with each other. Some of the grandchildren ski black diamond runs. I took a six year old grandson off his first cornices when he was six.

In short, Scientology (meaning the tech) has only been beneficial to our family. The tech rocks. The church sucks.

Wisened One

Crusader
Carmelo: Welcome to the boards.

Thank you for sharing your stories...I like how you worded it too, that they grew up and succeeded using the Tech, not the Church of Scientology.

That is good, really.

I want everyone to share any/all stories regarding children positive or otherwise.

Most of us are all against the Church and the fraud and abuse within it ...not the Tech, so much.

Wisened One