What's new

ESMB is reduced to a Gossip Rag

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Scientology: "Those who disagree with us are SPs (suppressive persons)"
ESMB: "Those who disagree with us are Trolls."

Scientology has become a knowledge cult.
ESMB has become an anti-knowledge cult and a pro-gossip rag.

It's scary to think that people like you are allowed to breed.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Request to moderator:

Please terminate my membership on ESMB.

Thank you,
Vinaire

Vinny, Vinny, Vinny

(vini vidi veci)

Where do I begin?

Ok, for one thing- I know you're really getting teased a great deal. I get it. It isn't always very pleasant. But I think the thread op kinda let you in for it.

For another thing, why not just put the people who teased you or with whom you feel no commonality- on ignore? My point being, there're lots and lots and lots of people who post interesting stuff, have never said anything to you, and who're worth reading.

Also, no offense, but when you post stuff like this, it's called "rage quitting". People don't respect that.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
IMO, Vinny's upset and hurt. I get that. But as Lulu Belle points out, there are lots of people here. Many members. (and lurkers) Generalizing about all of them just isn't fair.

But when people feel bad, it can cause them to say stuff like that.

I like Vinny.

I like ESMB.

oh, and shopping. I also like shopping.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
He doesn't have to go if he doesn't want to go.

He doesn't have to stay if he doesn't want to stay.

I suggest 'time out'.

No decision to stay or go for now.

Shall we let this thread rest and cool off?

Seems a good idea to me.

Gadfly

Crusader
Vinny, Vinny, Vinny

(vini vidi veci)

Where do I begin?

Ok, for one thing- I know you're really getting teased a great deal. I get it. It isn't always very pleasant. But I think the thread op kinda let you in for it.

For another thing, why not just put the people who teased you or with whom you feel no commonality- on ignore? My point being, there're lots and lots and lots of people who post interesting stuff, have never said anything to you, and who're worth reading.

Also, no offense, but when you post stuff like this, it's called "rage quitting". People don't respect that.

What is "happening to Vinaire" is exactly the same as what "happens to the Church of Scientology".

It is known as FOOT BULLETS. They bring it on themselves. They act like total doofuses, and then people call them on it. They "pull it in". They "attract" the crap and attacks to themselves by their OWN RIDICULOUS BEHAVIOR.

I don't feel sorry for people who "feel bad" because they do stupid shit that others then react against.

People "tease" the Church of Scientology (and give them lots of crap), because they say and do dumb things - over and over. Vinaire has been exemplifying EXACTLY the same sort of behavior.

Do I feel sorry for Scientologists who get upset because various people and media CRAP ALL OVER THEM for supporting disconnection? No.

Do I feel sorry for Scientologists who get upset because various people and media CRAP ALL OVER THEM for initiating noisy investigations? No.

The same with Vinaire. He acts like an ass and many people call him on it. That he might feel bad as a result is WHOSE fault exactly? :ohmy: :duh:

He is responsible for his own condition, just like anybody else. :yes:

Gadfly

Crusader
He doesn't have to go if he doesn't want to go.

He doesn't have to stay if he doesn't want to stay.

I suggest 'time out'.

No decision to stay or go for now.

Shall we let this thread rest and cool off?

Seems a good idea to me.

Vin has had a FEW "time outs". He never changes. He comes back and acts out the same idiotic behaviors.

To me it is entirely boring. That is why I no longer even try to talk with him. It is like trying to talk to a Scientologist - or to a box of hammers. :confused2:

So, I don't bother. It is a total waste of time.

My policy with such people is:

:dontfeedtrolls:

Here is the problem......

I've a feeling that Vin is on a kind of a "dare" set for him by a group of people who used to post here & who still spend a lot of time trying to get "revenge" on me & ESMB.

So if I ban him they win. They get to go "Emma is a blah blah blah" and if I don't ban him they get to use him as a tool for as long as he feels accepted into that group.

So instead of making it my problem, I'm going to make it Vinaire's problem.

Vinaire, you have one chance to stay or go. You're welcome to stay & contribute or you can continue to shit on the rug. It's your choice. But I do ask you to have a really good LOOK and see who is influencing you and decide if it's what you want & if there is anything positive in it at all.

I'm off to bed now. When I wake up I'll check what you have to say and make a decision (if required).

One last thing Vin.....If ESMB isn't for you anymore why not just say some graceful goodbyes and be on your way. You don't have to get booted. If you decide to leave then leave. If you decide to get banned then at least make it YOUR decision. If you decide to stay then also make it your decision. Don't be a pawn.

I don't follow the doings of the facebook crowd but I believe you are completely correct in this view, Emma. It sounds exactly like the sort of games they get up to among themselves.

Mark A. Baker

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Request to moderator:

Thank you,
Vinaire

Vin, just so you know...and I know you'll probably like this...it always makes me a tad bit sad when I see someone decide to go the route of, Death by Moderator! :melodramatic:

Face:bigcry:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Request to moderator:

Thank you,
Vinaire

Cool. I always liked it when, on their own determinism and fully at cause, enlightened gurus shed their encumbrance or put themselves on ignore.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Well he got what he wanted.

Yes he most certainly did.

Cue band as he exits the stage...

You can't always get what you want
But if you try KHTK some time, you might find
You get what you know.