What's new

AOL News- You've Got Astra Woodcraft. You've Got... Escaping Scientology.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I think that is a crappy video. She is reading a highly-abridged version of "her story" off a prompter. In order to cram the essential details into the two-minute format, all the non-essentials have been stripped out, including any emotion. Unless you have alternative sources of information (like ESMB), it looks to me as believable as a cult spokesman's official piece, even though everything she said is totally accurate as far as I know, and I did know her and her husband at ITO and have seen her in many videos since.

Paul

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I think that is a crappy video. She is reading a highly-abridged version of "her story" off a prompter. In order to cram the essential details into the two-minute format, all the non-essentials have been stripped out, including any emotion. Unless you have alternative sources of information (like ESMB), it looks to me as believable as a cult spokesman's official piece, even though everything she said is totally accurate as far as I know, and I did know her and her husband at ITO and have seen her in many videos since.

Paul

You obviously have never seen AOL's "You've Got" series of videos, which reach many many people. On the front page of AOL you can see her photo with

"Watch: Ex-Scientologist's Shocking Allegations" with a link to it is posted.

Many many people see these. Astra's is very effective. Watch other's AOL's "You've Got" series of videos and see for yourself.

johnAnchovie

Still raging
I think it is excellent.

It is stripped down, it is stark and it is true.

Our stories are burdened with so much complexity, so many emotional conflicts, that they can be exhausting to watch or read. This succinct version hits between the eyes.

This is a master class in editing.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
She is very poised and presents a very sane person. Good for you Astra - you are a very courageous woman!!

Thanks for speaking out - on behalf of those that are in and stuck in and can't get out!

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
You obviously have never seen AOL's "You've Got" series of videos, which reach many many people. On the front page of AOL you can see her photo with

"Watch: Ex-Scientologist's Shocking Allegations" with a link to it is posted.

Many many people see these. Astra's is very effective. Watch other's AOL's "You've Got" series of videos and see for yourself.

This is great - YOU'VE GOT A CULT CAUGHT WITH ITS PANTS DOWN!!:whistling:

Sindy

Crusader
I think it is excellent.

It is stripped down, it is stark and it is true.

Our stories are burdened with so much complexity, so many emotional conflicts, that they can be exhausting to watch or read. This succinct version hits between the eyes.

This is a master class in editing.

Indeed. It's also excellent how they follow it up immediately afterward with a "First Shots of Katie Holmes After Divorce Finalized"

Devil just can't get a break. :giggle:

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Yes, I thought it was very good. :thumbsup:

I wondered how it would be perceived by those without the background story. I'm guessing that it will probably create a lot of interest in finding out more about those details.

G

Gottabrain

Oh I just love Astra!! :biglove:

This is awesome! :biggrin:

tick tock tick tock

CULTBEGONE!!

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think it is a great video.

Very believable IMO. But that is because I believed that in the first place.

I love the part where she said she tied a string between the door and her wrist not to let people leave then she SHOWED the $80,000 bil....I need to watch this again!

In general people believe what they believed in the first place. I don't really think that anyone changes anybodies mind about anything. Especially from a video.

But since most people all ready have a bad opinion of Scientology this will magnify it.

And the "Gung Ho" Scientologists won't even watch it.