What's new

NOI and COS are officially married. PROOF.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
If ever there was a relationship destined to end in tears and recrimination, NOI and Cof$ is it.

As they are both born of hatred, it can't go any other way.

Sindy

Crusader
Sindy, can you get Leila Wills Ex NOI to pitch in here? She seems to be very level-headed, brilliant lady. Any current NOI members are welcome to comment as well.
I don't think sec checks and KR's are part of NOI yet. Or are they?

I'll ask her. :)

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

I would suggest reverting to the tri-corporate structure that existed prior to its unilateral and apparently illegal dismantling.

-snip-

The tri-corporate structure was created as a sham and a cover, although some of those participating in its creation weren't, at the time, aware of how it was to be used.

Louis Farrakhan is old, and has had health problems. Once he goes, IMO, perhaps 5% of the NOI membership will continue with Scientology, if that many. Those few that do join the Sea Org will likely not remain active in the NOI.

Man de la Mancha

Patron with Honors
The tri-corporate structure was created as a sham and a cover, although some of those participating in its creation weren't, at the time, aware of how it was to be used.

Louis Farrakhan is old, and has had health problems. Once he goes, IMO, perhaps 5% of the NOI membership will continue with Scientology, if that many. Those few that do join the Sea Org will likely not remain active in the NOI.

The only thing I even know about the former structure is that it was in place when Hubbard died, so it would be easy to accept, like smoking and bad teeth. If it's criminal by design, then something more appropriate could be fashioned.

When Farrakhan goes, I don't know what will happen to NOI period. It will be like Scientology without Miscavige and no heir apparent. My hypothetical is mostly wishful thinking. As you say, it will likely never happen. Sincere Muslims are quite devout. Most will be unwilling to make such dramatic changes in their approach, not even for the great Mr. Farrakhan.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
The only thing I even know about the former structure is that it was in place when Hubbard died, so it would be easy to accept, like smoking and bad teeth. If it's criminal by design, then something more appropriate could be fashioned.

When Farrakhan goes, I don't know what will happen to NOI period. It will be like Scientology without Miscavige and no heir apparent. My hypothetical is mostly wishful thinking. As you say, it will likely never happen. Sincere Muslims are quite devout. Most will be unwilling to make such dramatic changes in their approach, not even for the great Mr. Farrakhan.

There are lots of muslims who do not recognise NOI as being genuine Islam. Contrary to popular belief, Islam is a very inclusive religion, and makes no distinctions based on race or colour. Preaching that 'white people' are evil, or wicked, is contrary to mainstream Muslim thought.

As for me, I think it's a disgusting thing to preach.

Man de la Mancha

Patron with Honors
There are lots of muslims who do not recognise NOI as being genuine Islam. Contrary to popular belief, Islam is a very inclusive religion, and makes no distinctions based on race or colour. Preaching that 'white people' are evil, or wicked, is contrary to mainstream Muslim thought.

As for me, I think it's a disgusting thing to preach.

I don't think any traditional Muslims recognize NOI as legit. Anyone who has listened to Farrakhan extensively (see YouTube) knows that he is a racist, at least with regard to white people and especially Jews. That's one reason this "union" is so weird. As you say, Islam does not discriminate by race, only by religion. And gender. And... Nonetheless, NOI tend to be very dedicated to a specific course of action (from what I've seen around town) and this Scientology thing throws it for a huge loop.

Although he apparently despises me and my white kinfolk, I enjoy listening to Farrakhan because he is entertaining and speaks from the heart, and he continually insists he is not racist even though that is almost impossible based on the plain meaning of his own words. As long as he's not talking about race, I might even agree with him from time to time.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I don't think any traditional Muslims recognize NOI as legit. Anyone who has listened to Farrakhan extensively (see YouTube) knows that he is a racist, at least with regard to white people and especially Jews. That's one reason this "union" is so weird. As you say, Islam does not discriminate by race, only by religion. And gender. And... Nonetheless, NOI tend to be very dedicated to a specific course of action (from what I've seen around town) and this Scientology thing throws it for a huge loop.

Although he apparently despises me and my white kinfolk, I enjoy listening to Farrakhan because he is entertaining and speaks from the heart, and he continually insists he is not racist even though that is almost impossible based on the plain meaning of his own words. As long as he's not talking about race, I might even agree with him from time to time.

He's definitely quite 'charismatic', and pretty intelligent, but I always get the impression from him that under the surface, he's quite a confused individual.

It's a shame that he gives the impression to many people that genuine Muslims are racists, because they're not. Selah.

FoTi

Crusader
But doesn't "racist" in the US mean "disparages black people"?

Paul

It means one race desparaging another.....but mostly what's heard about in the U.S. is blacks accusing whites of being racist or latinos accusing whites of being racist. When blacks don't like whites, they generally don't consider themselves to be racist....same for latinos....at least that's been my experience.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Would someone please tell me what exactly was said? I can't make it out that well. Just the main points. It would be great to have a full transcript, but I am not expecting one.

That video was uploaded on January 12, 2012. The audience seems to be about 20 blacks sitting on the left, and half a dozen whites — presumably staff since I believe it was shot at an org — on the right. The speaker seems to be Nation of Islam Minister of Health, Dr. Abdul Alim Muhammad, not some low-level individual NOI minister. If this is some significant change of policy by the NOI, I would expect to see it online in some form other than an amateur YouTube video.

Paul

It's been reported before on the BOI new site,
http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/National_News_2/article_7697.shtml

and else where in the news on the internet for over a year now.
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp...pw.r_qf.&fp=3d5637f644e45163&biw=1024&bih=638

Man de la Mancha

Patron with Honors
But doesn't "racist" in the US mean "disparages black people"?

Paul

Some people in this country, especially younger generations indoctrinated on the "politically correct" agenda, can't even conceive of a black racist. Although it has not always been the case, my own observations tell me whites are presently the least racist race in America. No big deal because I don't see a significant race relations problem in the US other than what the media contrives and attempts to keep alive.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Given some difficult historical burdens, I think the USA has done really well in moving on from the past into a fairer and more equal society. It deserves a lot of credit for that. Not perfect, but worthy of respect for what's been achieved.

Adam7986

Declared SP
They don't believe in a mystical space god? Sounds like there are going to be problems. :spacecraft:

The man giving this speech said that he was trying to explain the NOI beliefs to Scientologists. I wonder how long before they realize that their teachings are not going to be absorbed by Scientology. :duh:

What's going to happen is that all of their teachings will be uprooted and replaced with Scientology. Including their prophet/God. If what I have read is correct OT VII teaches you that Hubbard is the source of all life in the universe.

I can't believe this is happening :omg: but I can tell you why it is happening. It's the same thing that makes the world go 'round every damn day: money. I can guarantee you that the leader of NOI saw dollar signs when he met with Miscavige.

I hope the members of NOI have enough sense to search for the truth before joining up.:goodorbad:

I can only imagine what's going to happen when the Leader of NOI visits the international base, or eventually catches on to how much money Scientology has. :argue: What happens when the leader of NOI wants to share some power in the church since it is his church their taking over? :catfight:

:drama2:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
They don't believe in a mystical space god? Sounds like there are going to be problems. :spacecraft:

The man giving this speech said that he was trying to explain the NOI beliefs to Scientologists. I wonder how long before they realize that their teachings are not going to be absorbed by Scientology. :duh:

What's going to happen is that all of their teachings will be uprooted and replaced with Scientology. Including their prophet/God. If what I have read is correct OT VII teaches you that Hubbard is the source of all life in the universe.

I can't believe this is happening :omg: but I can tell you why it is happening. It's the same thing that makes the world go 'round every damn day: money. I can guarantee you that the leader of NOI saw dollar signs when he met with Miscavige.

I hope the members of NOI have enough sense to search for the truth before joining up.:goodorbad:

I can only imagine what's going to happen when the Leader of NOI visits the international base, or eventually catches on to how much money Scientology has. :argue: What happens when the leader of NOI wants to share some power in the church since it is his church their taking over? :catfight:

:drama2:

The NOI is into UFO stuff more than the Cof$ - google it, and you'll see!

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/23/nation-of-islam-looks-to-ufos-to-save-the-world/

Adam7986

Declared SP
Islam is one of the most inclusive religions on the planet. They believe in the entirety of the Torah, Bible and the Quran.

The scriptures do not discriminate against women. even though the laws of some countries that are majority Muslim may. Many of the fundamental Muslim beliefs are like the Constitution of the U.S. They are adapted to the changing structure of society.

Racism is racism. This would include any slanderous remarks about any race in any form no matter how much you might try to shield or cushion it. At least for those of us that are not racist, I think that is how we typically view it.

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. That's the general rule of thumb.

Someone should do to these people what Manuela failed to do and that is to throw their daughter to some negro troops.

What does that mean and why are we using the word "negro" in 2012? Unless you're speaking Spanish and describing a black object I don't think it is appropriate.

If you find it necessary to defend something you said in order to try and minimize the offense it causes another person, it's generally not a good idea to say it in the first place.

Racial humor may be acceptable in social circles, but as far as in a public venue I would never use it. Not because I think it's wrong to make jokes, but because it's wrong to make other people feel uncomfortable in an environment where they should be.

I have often discussed the necessity for laws in a society such as ours. The primary reason we have laws is to prevent or punish others from infringing upon the rights of their fellow man. This applies to conversation as well, which is why you don't make sexist, racist or otherwise offensive remarks in the workplace in the presence of people who may be offended.

It's not because no one wants you to make jokes, it's because that other person has as much a right to be comfortable in their environment as you. When you're in a place such as a public park or a restaurant you don't want to be made uncomfortable by people who seem to think it is their right to disparage you.

There are forums on the internet for racism and hate speak. I don't think this is one of them. Although that is completely up to the owners/operators of this website.

I must say that some comments I have read with regards to NOI membership and leadership have been borderline offensive but that is just IMHO.

Although my opinion may not go for much here, I think if you find a remark questionable or if you feel you will need to defend something you're going to say or if you think it will offend someone you should not make the remark in the first place.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Wow. So does this indirectly confirm the existence of the story of OT III which the church has repeatedly referred to as "forgery"?

I don't think there's any tie-in with OT III, but the 'Mother Plane' seems to be important to NOI. I wonder how much dialogue there's been between Miscavige and Farrakhan...

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
I must say that some comments I have read with regards to NOI membership and leadership have been borderline offensive but that is just IMHO.

Although my opinion may not go for much here, I think if you find a remark questionable or if you feel you will need to defend something you're going to say or if you think it will offend someone you should not make the remark in the first place.

Um, in case you didn't notice, we continually make the most outrageous remarks about the Scientology "religion".

There is this thing, at least in the USA, it's called free speech.

The rules of this board are to be civil to one another. There is no rule censoring the expression of one's thoughts about religion.

I find this NOI Scio marriage to be very creepy. It certainly isn't going to go well when they start reading about Hubby's ideas of the black man, but maybe lil Davey has taken those out the new materials.

Yeah, white devils, that was very PC of him don't you think adam?

Fuck him and fuck scientology

Sock Puppy

Patron with Honors
Nation of Islam and Church of Scientology are officially married.

Talk about your unholy alliances. And gay marriage is still against the law! This makes that look like Ozzie and Harriet, for Pete's sake!! Go figure . . .