What's new

Operation Sea Org Messages @ Flag

anon612

Patron with Honors
Crossposting as requested. Original post is here: https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/operation-sea-org-messages-flag-clearwater-cell.104909/
Can also be found here: https://sites.google.com/site/biglistthatleftscientology/message-flag

amaX said:
Do you have a family member or dear friend who is in the Sea Org at Flag?

Want to get a message to them?

We're willing to make signs with the person or persons' names and your name and a very short message from you. i.e.: Happy Birthday; We Love You; We Miss You, attempts to notify SO of the death of a loved one are also possible; etc.

We made a happy birthday sign for Gabriel Stefani for the latest raids in Clearwater. It said, "Happy Birthday Gabriel Stefani Love, Dad & Florencia". Since I usually make up these signs it would be really nice if you gave me the full name of the SO member, but only your first names or your relation to the Sea Orger. Less cutting and taping for these old hands.

See you downtown!

Last edited by a moderator:

Purple Rain

Crusader

That is such a fantastic thing to do! Birthdays and Christmas and those other special occasions would be the times that most Sea Orgers would feel the loneliest. Or just if they were having a really bad day it would be like a miracle to see a message like that from a loved one. And it really might be the tipping point for some people.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
What happens inside after the sign is seen? Which seems more likely:

1. The named person receives the message that his friend/family member says hi or happy birthday or whatever and feels good and that is the end of that.

2. The named person gets hauled into ethics for sec-checking and PTS handling, maybe being taken off post and put through a long ethics trip. As a result of this, the named person:

a. Blows and is reunited with his loved ones, and is thankful evermore.

b. Resents the "interference" from the "friend or family member with the suppressive tendencies" that caused such an upheaval in their life.​

-----

This is similar to following the procedure for getting someone out of an org by creating so much PR trouble for the org that they get offloaded. Is it the right thing to do? That is not simple to answer.

Paul

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron

1. The named person receives the message that his friend/family member says hi or happy birthday or whatever and feels good and that is the end of that.

2. The named person gets hauled into ethics for sec-checking and PTS handling, maybe being taken off post and put through a long ethics trip. As a result of this, the named person:

b. Resents the "interference" from the "friend or family member with the suppressive tendencies" that caused such an upheaval in their life.​

-----

This is similar to following the procedure for getting someone out of an org by creating so much PR trouble for the org that they get offloaded. Is it the right thing to do? That is not simple to answer.

Paul

Considering SO members are trapped in an abusive environment, where they are coerced and indoctrinated into thinking they are "saving mankind" but in fact are only furthering the agenda of a malicious, evil empire of greed that ruins lives and destroys families -- getting someone out of the SO via offloading or whatever means is ALWAYS the right thing to do. For them and the all the potential future victims of the CoS con.

You are basically saving your loved one from being abused and victimized and also all the people they will be forced to prey on/victimize by following SO orders and command intention. Never mind the fact they are devoting their entire life to a ridiculous sham devised by a con artist.

Doesn't matter if they don't "want to leave" or hate the person for stirring up trouble. When an organization causes as much pain and destruction as the CoS one less worker, dedicated to furthering that agenda every waking hour, is good thing.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Never mind the fact they are devoting their entire life to a ridiculous sham devised by a con artist.

Do you endorse getting people out of the Mormon church similarly? How about people who work for Monsanto? The US armed forces enforcing vested interests' crimes for commercial reasons in invading sovereign countries in strict violation of international law?

Paul

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
Considering SO members are trapped in an abusive environment, where they are coerced and indoctrinated into thinking they are "saving mankind" but in fact are only furthering the agenda of a malicious, evil empire of greed that ruins lives and destroys families -- getting someone out of the SO via offloading or whatever means is ALWAYS the right thing to do. For them and the all the potential future victims of the CoS con.

You are basically saving your loved one from being abused and victimized and also all the people they will be forced to prey on/victimize by following SO orders and command intention. Never mind the fact they are devoting their entire life to a ridiculous sham devised by a con artist.

Doesn't matter if they don't "want to leave" or hate the person for stirring up trouble. When an organization causes as much pain and destruction as the CoS one less worker, dedicated to furthering that agenda every waking hour, is good thing.

I agree. In the "wog" world, this is called an "intervention" and is sometimes known as "tough love."

Fanatical "dedication" to scientology, particularly as it is practiced in the Sea Org, is so much like drug or alcohol addiction -- it's self-destructive, and destructive to one's family and close associates.

Not all substance abuse interventions are successful, either; but caring family and friends still make the effort. Any action carries some risk. The other choice is to just step back and let the person self-destruct and take those around him/her down when they do.

Considering all the distress that scientology addicts have caused their family and associates, mostly because of ruthless disconnections, I think interventions such as that described in the OP are appropriate.

I completely disagree.

I think it is an entirely case by case decision.

I have friends in the SO. I do not use the word, "friend" lightly.

I recently spent some quality time with a friend in the SO. I would no more try to inject "entheta" in his / her space than I would with any other friend.

Who made you "God" or me (God). (Well my dog made me God).

This Co$ cult does hurt and kill and mentally transform, but as a basis of comparison, would you rather be a Syrian or Iranian in your home country today?

If anyone really wants to fight "evil," I suggest you work on world hunger, education, health issues, etc.

Try putting some of this in perspective. There has always been lots worse, and lots more of a genuine aid with / for mankind.

I just want my SO friends to be happy.

Pushing them out in their 60s seems like a hell of nightmare for them. I sure wouldn't want to come to terms with all the lies, while trying to earn a living for the first time in my life at at age 65. I would no more rock their boat(s) than fly to the moon.

Purple Rain

Crusader

-----

Paul

I missed the bit in the ethics book where loving messages from family such as "Happy Birthday; We Love You; We Miss You" constituted "suppressive behaviour".

But in any case who cares? They are free to keep ignoring their family. If they respond to their "Happy birthday" message with resentment then that is their prerogative. Should their loved ones stop trying to reach out just because a cult has turned their previously loving friend or relative into an arsehole? I think not.

Purple Rain

Crusader
I completely disagree.

I think it is an entirely case by case decision.

I have friends in the SO. I do not use the word, "friend" lightly.

I recently spent some quality time with a friend in the SO. I would no more try to inject "entheta" in his / her space than I would with any other friend.

Who made you "God" or me (God). (Well my dog made me God).

This Co$ cult does hurt and kill and mentally transform, but as a basis of comparison, would you rather be a Syrian or Iranian in your home country today?

If anyone really wants to fight "evil," I suggest you work on world hunger, education, health issues, etc.

Try putting some of this in perspective. There has always been lots worse, and lots more of a genuine aid with / for mankind.

I just want my SO friends to be happy.

Pushing them out in their 60s seems like a hell of nightmare for them. I sure wouldn't want to come to terms with all the lies, while trying to earn a living for the first time in my life at at age 65. I would no more rock their boat(s) than fly to the moon.

Are you kidding? A daughter should not say "happy birthday" or "I miss you" because her parent might be chucked out of the Sea Org?

They are not the only people in the world who "deserve to be happy" and with the pain they are causing others one has to wonder if they even do. Why should they be "happy" while their kids are hurting?

I can't believe people have their pants in a twist because some people have kindly offered to pass on messages of love and support from family who miss them.

Adam7986

Declared SP

Hmmm...I'm not sure. Frankly i would love to send a message to my brother, but I also wouldn't want him subject to unwarranted discipline.

If you have never suffered at the hands of a sec check or gone through the process of being booted out of the Sea Org, then you probably wouldn't fully understand the dilemma.

If you have gone through that, then just think about whether or not you would want someone to do that to you again.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I missed the bit in the ethics book where loving messages from family such as "Happy Birthday; We Love You; We Miss You" constituted "suppressive behaviour".

There's a difference between a birthday card sent through the mail that says "I love you" and a picket sign wielded by a protester that carries a similar message. I am not challenging the good-heartedness of the protesters concerned.

Paul

Purple Rain

Crusader
There's a difference between a birthday card sent through the mail that says "I love you" and a picket sign wielded by a protester that carries a similar message. I am not challenging the good-heartedness of the protesters concerned.

Paul

I understand that, and the birthday card through the mail might work if their communication wasn't censored. It's not as if Happy Days can send Fiona a birthday card, but that does not mean she should not keep trying to reach out to her. The same for Laurie who was not allowed to see her son in hospital.

In fact a more useful sign might be, "Dad died. Thought you might like to know." Or better still, "Dad left you $10,000." In any case, as far as Anonymous rocking the boat, you can't get that genie back in the bottle.

Purple Rain

Crusader
Hmmm...I'm not sure. Frankly i would love to send a message to my brother, but I also wouldn't want him subject to unwarranted discipline.

If you have never suffered at the hands of a sec check or gone through the process of being booted out of the Sea Org, then you probably wouldn't fully understand the dilemma.

If you have gone through that, then just think about whether or not you would want someone to do that to you again.

Yes. Most certainly. The only better thing my family did for me was make sure that my kids knew the truth about Scientology.

anon612

Patron with Honors
Guys, can you knock it off? If you don't think it's a good idea? Fine. Don't use it. We're just making it an option for the people who DO want us to try to reach their family members. And whoever compared the Sea Org to military service, shame on you.

It's just a tool. Use it or don't. We'll be here either way.

Also, as requested: attempts to notify SO of the death of a loved one are also possible.

EDIT: Please private message requests! No need to give OSA a heads up.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
OK, I think I have an idea that addresses the concerns that have been raised, and allows the operation to go ahead... possibly with additional leverage.

Sending some PMs...

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
. . .

This is a very sensitive position to adopt, and I respect it.

I wonder, however, what will happen when age and infirmity mean that the person in question is no longer useful to the cult? A Scientology victim who's been in the Sea Org certainly doesn't have any private pension provision or health insurance, and we know that the level of provision within Scientology itself is a joke.

I fear, therefore, that your friends are going to be offloaded as they reach a particularly vulnerable stage in their lives. 'Comfort' will only exist in the form of the "good news" that if they die as quickly as possible, they can pick up another body and get right back to saving the planet.

I'm trying to remember the LRH quote that went something like "How long will a Clear live? Ask us again in a century." Anyway, the sad truth is that Scientology victims are far less healthy than "wogs" and they die sooner, from preventable conditions in many cases. God damn LRH for all the lives he's ruined.

anon612

Patron with Honors
OK, I think I have an idea that addresses the concerns that have been raised, and allows the operation to go ahead... possibly with additional leverage.

Sending some PMs...

Appreciate the PM, and we'll take it under consideration, but be aware this operation goes ahead regardless. Doesn't need ESMB's permission. As stated before, this is an option to anyone who wants to use it. If it's not for you, don't use it.

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
Do you endorse getting people out of the Mormon church similarly? How about people who work for Monsanto? The US armed forces enforcing vested interests' crimes for commercial reasons in invading sovereign countries in strict violation of international law?

Paul

My peanut gallery comment:

Morman Church? Not so much.... maybe.

Monsanto? Definately.

Military? Yes.

Sea Org? Are you joking? OF COURSE, the sooner it collapses the sooner the world will be a better place. Then we can work on Monsanto, etc.