What's new

It Never Rains but Pours

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
In British English, a billion used to be equivalent to a million million (i.e. 1,000,000,000,000), while in American English it has always equated to a thousand million (i.e. 1,000,000,000). British English has now adopted the American figure, though, so that a billion equals a thousand million in both varieties of English.

When HubTurd was living in a camper in the desert he got a million in cash delivered once a week. Which is 50 million a year.

That was about 26 years ago.

By my reckoning this is only a billion dollars.

DM is not doing badly.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have a question:

If there is $6b in reserves (let's say that is accurate for this exercise), where has it all come from?

Parishioners/tithes donations over the years? Investment returns?

Where?

We know that the membership numbers spouted by the PR machine are lies. There are not millions of members internationally. We know that local orgs are in debt to the hilt with monies owed to the "mother church" (ref: annual returns to various govt entity registration bodies). We know masses of money has been loaned out to buy ideal org premises. We know masses has been poured out for legal cases, etc, etc.

Is it realistic to imagine that $6b has been amassed over x amount of years via parishioners donations, tithes from local levels?

How else does this entity generate income? Serious question here.

Does anyone know? Thanks.

Kinda like the $6b question. Where did all the fucking money come from?

Sally ~~
the Regging for the last 25 years has been savage and relentless.
Flag Land Base has taken in as much as $5 million in one week, even as high as $20 million in one week.

Some 3 years ago Miscavige ORDERED, $10 million to be raised in one week in DONATIONS in Los Angeles.

I was on lines at the time. Regges descended on you in the parking lot like vultures....it was fast and furious.

They got their $10 million in donos in 1 week.
Miscavige simultaneously with the Los Angeles target ordered
Flag Land base the target of $40 million in donations in one week.
The exhausted staff preyed on the strapped public, already previously drained.
They couldn't do it.
They couldn't make the $40 million target in one week.

"Worthless scum, unable to even make a target !" was the reprimand they got.....

Please be aware that there are some 3000 auditing solo nots who have to report to debrief their CRIMES every 6 months to Clearwater's Flag Service Org.

This costs each Parishioner $30,000 a year, in Security Checks, reviews etc. Many fall off the line due to the fact that they cannot afford $30,000 a year for this. Some are on the level 20 years ! even more !

Please do the math on 3000 paying $30,000 a year to Flag Service Org.

Los Angeles raised $500,000 weekly (all orgs combined.)

I imagine one can feel quite *PERKY* and indestructible with $6 billion sitting around, eh ?

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sally ~~
the Regging for the last 25 years has been savage and relentless.
Flag Land Base has taken in as much as $5 million in one week, even as high as $20 million in one week.

Some 3 years ago Miscavige ORDERED, $10 million to be raised in one week in DONATIONS in Los Angeles.

I was on lines at the time. Regges descended on you in the parking lot like vultures....it was fast and furious.

They got their $10 million in donos in 1 week.
Miscavige simultaneously with the Los Angeles target ordered
Flag Land base the target of $40 million in donations in one week.
The exhausted staff preyed on the strapped public, already previously drained.
They couldn't do it.
They couldn't make the $40 million target in one week.

"Worthless scum, unable to even make a target !" was the reprimand they got.....

Please be aware that there are some 3000 auditing solo nots who have to report to debrief their CRIMES every 6 months to Clearwater's Flag Service Org.

This costs each Parishioner $30,000 a year, in Security Checks, reviews etc. Many fall off the line due to the fact that they cannot afford $30,000 a year for this. Some are on the level 20 years ! even more !

Please do the math on 3000 paying $30,000 a year to Flag Service Org.

Los Angeles raised $500,000 weekly (all orgs combined.)

I imagine one can feel quite *PERKY* and indestructible with $6 billion sitting around, eh ?

Thanks Karen. :)

Perky...yes. But full of fear and obsession. What an interesting life a cult-leader must lead. Not!

Veda

Sponsor
When HubTurd was living in a camper in the desert he got a million in cash delivered once a week. Which is 50 million a year.

That was about 26 years ago.

By my reckoning this is only a billion dollars.

DM is not doing badly.

A 250,000 dollar (1980 money) Bluebird motor home in San Luis Obispo isn't exactly a "camper." Plus a large permanent home was under construction on a large area of land and, as I understand it, the home was almost complete at the time of his death. San Luis Obispo is not in the desert. :)

Some background:

Excerpt from a 1986 interview of Martin Samuels, former Mission Holder, and founder of the Delphian School, from the 'Reflections' chapter of the book, 'L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman?' http://www.amazon.com/reader/0942637577?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=sib_dp_pt:

"Hubbard operated according to a couple of key patterns...

"...look at this pattern... He surrounded himself with absolute hooligans as 'managers'; guys who beat the shit out of people. This man, who 'is this OT, the author of Science of Survival, completely able to predict human behavior', surrounded himself with ruthless people - like Miscavige - who got there because they emulated Hubbard's savagery. They emulated his total willingness to completely break, use, and discard another person.

"And then after their hands were so bloody - and the only reason their hands were bloody was that they were doing what Hubbard wanted - when it finally started to get to the point where it couldn't be tolerated by people anymore, Hubbard wiped them out. Then he said. 'My God! I didn't know!' Scapegoat."

Remarkably, this pattern is continuing, even after Hubbard's death.

By now, Miscavige has accumulated enough blood on his hands to qualify as the next Scientology scapegoat.

When he finally goes, it should be interesting to watch the reactions and developments.

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
Karen, thank you for these hard, real data on Cof$ revenues.

This gives the world, and us, the actuality of the scenario we are dealing with that has to be brought down.

The facts enable a more realistic assault . . .

Indeed, these facts should outrage even the "faithful.'

R

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
But its Religious !
All for the good of mankind !
Ahhhhhhhhhhh the photo OP for "Religiosity" !

HeberReligiosity.jpg

Beatings, Punchings, Assaults, Slave labor for pennies per hour, Stockpiling money for Thug Private Investigators and Lawyers, Sleep Deprivation, Disconnection from family and children ~~ the most Ethical Group on the planet !

See how hob nobbing with other Religious heads makes it more Religious !

Impact Magazine says so !

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
So what does a Karin Pouw letter in response to a "Cult has 6 BILLION in cash and still can't provide toilet paper" headline say?

Yes we do? No we don't? Here is a signed affidavit from our finance director saying we don't have anywhere near that much and no you can't inspect our books?

It's an interesting question.

Paul

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I have a question:

If there is $6b in reserves (let's say that is accurate for this exercise), where has it all come from?

Parishioners/tithes donations over the years? Investment returns?

Where?

We know that the membership numbers spouted by the PR machine are lies. There are not millions of members internationally. We know that local orgs are in debt to the hilt with monies owed to the "mother church" (ref: annual returns to various govt entity registration bodies). We know masses of money has been loaned out to buy ideal org premises. We know masses has been poured out for legal cases, etc, etc.

Is it realistic to imagine that $6b has been amassed over x amount of years via parishioners donations, tithes from local levels?

How else does this entity generate income? Serious question here.

Does anyone know? Thanks.

Kinda like the $6b question. Where did all the fucking money come from?

By using slave labour to produce a constant income stream plus tax free donations (and investing wisely over the last 5 or 6 decades) the capital growth on investments, and the compounding effect alone would have done it, at one stage money was doubling every 5 years even if just left sitting well invested (scattered throughout the 70s, 80s, 90s and into 2000).

The purpose of the cofs was to make money and with good advice (which I've no doubt would be from non scientologists!) it has done so.

AFAIK a non profit organisation must keep all real assets parceled and non income producing, otherwise a tax status would be created.

:yes:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Why should you find this surprising?

I've always believed that the $1B was the high water mark of the SO reserves. I understand that the SO is one very small piece of the puzzle, so I do not find this surprising as much as I find it disturbing.

I find it disturbing because the Co$ has made some really incredibly stupid financial decisions as far as protracted litigation in lost causes. So the high water mark for all Co$ assets is probably much, much higher. Edit - it also tells me that DM has at least that much stashed where even the most trusted SO staff won't find it. Just like no one ever managed to find the suitcases of cash delivered to a certain Bluebird Mobile Home back in the mid 80's (funny how money seems to disappear around DM, though I don't think his mentor is completely blameless).

It is also makes DM's behavior much stranger and much harder to explain. Why did he drop the suit against Debbie Cook so quickly? I assumed that he did not have the money to keep it up. And what of the 20 something suits pending against Narconon Arrowhead and the historical wrongful death settlements that the Co$ has paid out? I thought that LRH protracted litigation tech had bled the beast (to borrow an expression from another cult).

The most bizarre aspect of this $6B figure is DM's bringing Co$ refunds to a screeching halt. For DaveB alone, I do not understand why it makes sense for the cult to engage him in litigation that probably exceeds, or at the very least approaches, the amount he has on account at ASHO. Why in the hell would DM do something this suicidally stupid when he must know that he is playing chicken with the Co$'s tax exempt status in doing this?

The only explanation is that he is completely consumed with spite, malice, and the need to inflict suffering on others. This makes him a far more dangerous adversary than someone who simply needs to be right all the time.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
A 250,000 dollar (1980 money) Bluebird motor home in San Luis Obispo isn't exactly a "camper." Plus a large permanent home was under construction on a large area of land and, as I understand it, the home was almost complete at the time of his death. San Luis Obispo is not in the desert. :)

Some background:

<snipped>
Remarkably, this pattern is continuing, even after Hubbard's death.

By now, Miscavige has accumulated enough blood on his hands to qualify as the next Scientology scapegoat.

When he finally goes, it should be interesting to watch the reactions and developments.

I wasn't implying that Hubbard was living in reduced circs. The thing had wheels. I would call it a camper but US English is probably different. If not a desert certainly a fairly remote and fairly hot place.

But he might have been living in a 20-bed mansion. My point was that he got a million a week which was drawn off the operating expenses of the Cult overall. Part of the profit. Perhaps a very small part of the profit.

That was my point.

Easy enough to accumulate 6 bn at that rate. HubTurd was as greedy as he was ruthless and so is DM.

It would be more interesting to know what it is for.

Veda

Sponsor
I wasn't implying that Hubbard was living in reduced circs. The thing had wheels. I would call it a camper but US English is probably different. If not a desert certainly a fairly remote and fairly hot place.

Actually, it's a very pleasant climate.

http://visitslo.com/cm/About_SLO/sloweather.html

But he might have been living in a 20-bed mansion. My point was that he got a million a week which was drawn off the operating expenses of the Cult overall. Part of the profit. Perhaps a very small part of the profit.

That was my point.

Easy enough to accumulate 6 bn at that rate. HubTurd was as greedy as he was ruthless and so is DM.

It would be more interesting to know what it is for.

Understood. :)

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Yes, there were suit cases full of cash they just vanished when old Ella Ritz had his bucket kicked. Other trinkets just vanished, too.

Around the dwarf money seems to just evaporate into the desert. Oh well. One day he too will get bumped off and be gone along with piles & piles of cash & bunches of toys.

The fun part is who takes over after the dwarf is gone ? Marty ? Who ?
( No matter WHO it is, it will be the worst possible choice that could have been made, or, more likely, forced on the unwitting faithful followers).

It will be fun to see what comes out of the other side of the dwarf gone.

There was a huge change when the original sociopath went bye-bye, now when the dwarf goes......fun to watch !

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
H
Yes, there were suit cases full of cash they just vanished when old Ella Ritz had his bucket kicked. Other trinkets just vanished, too.

Around the dwarf money seems to just evaporate into the desert. Oh well. One day he too will get bumped off and be gone along with piles & piles of cash & bunches of toys.

The fun part is who takes over after the dwarf is gone ? Marty ? Who ?
( No matter WHO it is, it will be the worst possible choice that could have been made, or, more likely, forced on the unwitting faithful followers).

It will be fun to see what comes out of the other side of the dwarf gone.

There was a huge change when the original sociopath went bye-bye, now when the dwarf goes......fun to watch !

Had his bucket kicked - how pithy! :hysterical:

The dwarf's paranoia actually seems to reflect a fear of that happening to him. Trust no one, send dedicated staff to the Hole and replace frequently with love-starved 12-16 year olds who admiration-bomb..... there has to be a way to make that backfire on him...........

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
H

Had his bucket kicked - how pithy! :hysterical:

The dwarf's paranoia actually seems to reflect a fear of that happening to him. Trust no one, send dedicated staff to the Hole and replace frequently with love-starved 12-16 year olds who admiration-bomb..... there has to be a way to make that backfire on him...........

Oh, it already has backfired on him.... he - as is his way - will be the absolute last person to realize what is really going on.

I think I'll send him a fork to stick in his ass.

phenomanon

Canyon
H

Those who want Power and get it, live in fear of losing it.

The only Power tyrants have is that relinquished by their victims.

phenomanon