What's new

Just registered, looking for superman

Just joined. Just started my real philisophical journey a little over a year ago. I'm 33 and walked through life like most, completely wrapped up in life trying to stay in my own personal bubble, never really evolving to a point of real freedom. Finally after going through some dramatic times I stumbled upon Dianetics, which for whatever reason changed my life, if even just because it made me think far outside the box i considered life that I had framed so imperfectly. So since then I've done quite a bit of research involving much religion, the occult, and Scientology. Most of all Scientology has intrigued me. I've read 3 book by LRH so far. I haven't been able to locate an auditor. I plan to try and get a copy of self clearing and continue reading his books.

Since then I've taken a whole new approach to life, mostly defined by being as honest and truthful to myself (the biggest one) and others as possible. That what's true for you is true for you is a big one. So is treat others as you would like to be treated. So much of what is written in these books seems so workable and true I'm just curious what would you, now having been through all that you have been through, and certainly after being members of COS recommend someone in my position?

I don't want to sound desparate but to be honest if COS is not what would be considered a good, morally sound organization, my next step is to join possibly an organization such as Church of Satan (the other COS lol). Not because I am seeking to be some bad ass, stereotypical, desparate, in need of attention, black trench coat wearing, full of piercings, racist, chop up babies for ritual sacrifices type of lifestyle. But from what I've read they seem to truly approach real issues, with real attitudes towards liberating man, and finding true harmony for us in the world. Any experiences with them that you would like to share? Maybe this should have been another post entirely just thought perhaps it would give you a better idea of where I'm at altogether.

Any help would be appreciated.

Robert

randomx

Patron with Honors
Where did you get the idea that you could go free by joining something?

Just joined. Just started my real philisophical journey a little over a year ago. I'm 33 and walked through life like most, completely wrapped up in life trying to stay in my own personal bubble, never really evolving to a point of real freedom. Finally after going through some dramatic times I stumbled upon Dianetics, which for whatever reason changed my life, if even just because it made me think far outside the box i considered life that I had framed so imperfectly. So since then I've done quite a bit of research involving much religion, the occult, and Scientology. Most of all Scientology has intrigued me. I've read 3 book by LRH so far. I haven't been able to locate an auditor. I plan to try and get a copy of self clearing and continue reading his books.

Since then I've taken a whole new approach to life, mostly defined by being as honest and truthful to myself (the biggest one) and others as possible. That what's true for you is true for you is a big one. So is treat others as you would like to be treated. So much of what is written in these books seems so workable and true I'm just curious what would you, now having been through all that you have been through, and certainly after being members of COS recommend someone in my position?

I don't want to sound desparate but to be honest if COS is not what would be considered a good, morally sound organization, my next step is to join possibly an organization such as Church of Satan (the other COS lol). Not because I am seeking to be some bad ass, stereotypical, desparate, in need of attention, black trench coat wearing, full of piercings, racist, chop up babies for ritual sacrifices type of lifestyle. But from what I've read they seem to truly approach real issues, with real attitudes towards liberating man, and finding true harmony for us in the world. Any experiences with them that you would like to share? Maybe this should have been another post entirely just thought perhaps it would give you a better idea of where I'm at altogether.

Robert

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron

Robert

it is just that....
don't look for answers in scio...there are NO answers there,just levels.
all you have accomplish till now is cause of YOURS decisions...
lurk moar.:thumbsup:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

35ffay.jpg

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
So much of what is written in these books seems so workable and true I'm just curious what would you, now having been through all that you have been through, and certainly after being members of COS recommend someone in my position?

Hey Clark, welcome! :yes:

I was involved with Scientology for 10 years and I got in prior to the existence of the internet. Knowing what I know now I'd of avoided it like the plague. There's 400 threads on Hubbard located here:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/forumdisplay.php?40-L-Ron-Hubbard

I'd recommend reading a good number of them before taking his words at face value. If what he said was true this message board wouldn't exist.

Purple Rain

Crusader
Hi Robert,

I truly think you'd be better off with the church of satan if you must join something. the whole what's true is what's true for you thing is bullshit and leads to insanity and indoctrination not freedom.

I wish you well in your adventure.

Purple

Where did you get the idea that you could go free by joining something?

Well, personally, the ability to reach the state described as "clear" was what intrigued me at first. The effort to join an organization was due to primarily find VERY like minded people, because when I look around i see a lot of people (not unlike myself before) who don't even see the real world around them, just cookie cutter result of the herd mentality. Then so called liberals who just have some over zealous idea of what freedom is. The only constant I see in my way of thinking is in LRH books, as well as church of satan. I believe part of my personal freedom lay in actually being involved in creating real change in this world, rather than the passive mentality of living your own life and slaving to whatever everyone else seems to believe is right or wrong. I want to be part of it. Not just remain an observer or private philosopher.

I've tried to achieve creating change on a personal level with people that surround me by logically breaking apart all their arguments and applying reason to their problems and allowing them to see the flaws in what they claim. More often than not, their mind seems to resist violently and wish to remain in their old brittle beliefs, knowing they are false, but nonetheless. I've lived in metro areas, europe, etc. so it's not due to not being worldly. I think my aptitude lay in more proactive ways.

I'm looking for opportunity for personal freedom, as well as working towards making a difference. I'm not the type to go to 3rd world countries and hand out band aids if you know what I mean. I'm more of a believer of finding long lasting solutions that would offer more substantial results.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. It's not so much that i take it at face value, it's the way the man thinks. It's not that it needs to be taken literally sentence for sentence, its the type of concepts that force you to conceive of things never really imagined by the ordinary mind. It's kind of as if once you think that far outside your natural box you can now create abstract concepts of your own that you can use in the very very real world.

As for what is true for you is true for you. Ask yourself this...what is not true? I've denied myself that very truth my whole life.

As for Church of Scientology, I've heard a lot of negativity coming from that direction that's why i've been hesitant to join. But LRH's books certainly continue to provoke loads of creativity from my own mind, even if i don't use his exact concepts.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
So, dear old uncle Ron was into the church of Satan in his day - to a degree.

Clear is best defined as "Clear as Mud"...i.e. - a contradiction of terms.

The rest just swims in bullshit before it sinks out of sight and existence.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
The only advice I will give you is to not take any advice.

Out of the frying pan into the fire...

Think freely.

Also, if you've never read The Human Zoo, you might want to have a look.

SO what is the major PROBLEM exactly with COS? I understand the whole it's for money and that, but to be honest, any organization that wishes to attract people and maintain a solid amount of financial security is going to follow that model. Christian churches i attended relied exclusively on member donations, or charges etc. Any organization that wants to have any major effect on the world is going to have to come to terms that it needs unbelievable amounts of revenue to make any real change.

Auditors, just like anyone else have to make an income, and what better way than to get paid good money for doing something not only that you love, but also helps those you audit immensely? Perfect formula IMO....IF IT WORKS. My real question should be DOES AUDITING WORK? Is this state of clear THERE?

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

Welcome.

So Dianetics "changed your life" did it? In what way? What happened when you audited someone?- after all the book is manual for the mind - saying it 'changed your life" without actually auditing anyone is a little like claiming to have read the instructions of how to build something but never actually doing it and claiming that the instructions are a life changer. What is it in Dianetics that did this great deed?

What were the other books on philsophy the occult and religion that you studied after you read Dianetics? In what way did those books fail to meet the life changing 'test'.

I'm confused - a little - you say you have read three books by "LRH" but don't say which ones they were but what is confusing to me is that you called the author "LRH" - as he never referred to himself that way in any book I am aware of, I am wondering why you just didn't refer to him as Hubbard? That's his name.

And I am also curious as to why you would post on a board for ex-Scientologists?

Hmm. "treat others as you would wish to be treated" is referred to as 'the golden rule" surely it was in all those other books you read as well?

What would I recommend to someone in your position? Hmm.

Debate with us here. Let's start out with an easy question.

Do you now believe that clears have perfect recall? And if you do believe it - on what basis do you believe it?

Pick a concept from one of the books you have read that seems "so workable and true" and tell me why you think it is 'workable and true" What do you mean by "workable"

So the concept that "what is true for you is true for you" is a big one you say? hmm OK. Would you mind citing the exact quote?

Robert

Well you don't sound "desparate" to be honest, you sound disingenuous. But that could just be the internet.

If you have done any "research" at all then you know , withut a shadow of a doubt that the Church of scientology is an organization that wreaks havoc on its members, that destroys lives, has produced insane people who have ended up in asylums. You know, if you have done your research that Hubbard was a fat fraudulent power hungry individual who was dedicated to himself and himself alone. he abandoned his wives when they became "inconvenient" and he lied and cheated throughout his life.

His organizations are equally psychotic.

I don't know anything about the Church of Satan but you claim it is doing real work about liberating people? Well then if you are so impressed with the Church of satan why are you bothering with the Church of Scientology or was your writing just unclear?

Presuming that you were referring to the "Church" of Scientology when you were puffing your positive praise - it would seem that you have moved from having done 'research" and 'read three books" to actually knowing about the church of scientology. A remarkable feat.

So let me ask you a question - how many criminal convictions does the CofS have? What does your research tell you?

Was it convicted in Canada for example? France?

Has anyone died of neglect while being held at the Church in Clearwater?

Just wondering how extensive your "reading" has been.

Well, advice can be useful if it accompanies explanation that parallels my beliefs. Yeah i know about LRH and his ties to Crowley. It doesn't turn me off. In fact it means he didn't deny the possibility of benefit or usefulness in anyone's faith or beliefs. You start denying existence of that which is out there, you end up either reinventing wheels, or you are not taking full advantage of the information out there. As I've experienced so far there is no....EXPOSURE to information that will forever distort your mind and somehow undermine all that you believed before, quite the contrary.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Well, advice can be useful if it accompanies explanation that parallels my beliefs. Yeah i know about LRH and his ties to Crowley. It doesn't turn me off. In fact it means he didn't deny the possibility of benefit or usefulness in anyone's faith or beliefs. You start denying existence of that which is out there, you end up either reinventing wheels, or you are not taking full advantage of the information out there. As I've experienced so far there is no....EXPOSURE to information that will forever distort your mind and somehow undermine all that you believed before, quite the contrary.

You say you want advice that parallels your beliefs, and then talk of new information not changing things. Yeah that makes sense, if your mind is closed. I could suggest you go sign up for the Sea organisation for a while and then come back and discuss your theories, but that would be mean. Unless you are there already, in which case I suggest opening your eyes and allowing new thoughts. Mick asks some great questions above.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
clarkkent34

I think you would love being in the cult ... my advice to you (and it parallels your beliefs) is ... get yourself [STRIKE]back[/STRIKE] into the closest org and sign up for everything they offer you ... you'll love it, think of it as a spiritual journey and enjoy every moment of it.

Yawn.

:bow:

Welcome.

So Dianetics "changed your life" did it? In what way? What happened when you audited someone?- after all the book is manual for the mind - saying it 'changed your life" without actually auditing anyone is a little like claiming to have read the instructions of how to build something but never actually doing it and claiming that the instructions are a life changer. What is it in Dianetics that did this great deed?

What were the other books on philsophy the occult and religion that you studied after you read Dianetics? In what way did those books fail to meet the life changing 'test'.

I'm confused - a little - you say you have read three books by "LRH" but don't say which ones they were but what is confusing to me is that you called the author "LRH" - as he never referred to himself that way in any book I am aware of, I am wondering why you just didn't refer to him as Hubbard? That's his name.

And I am also curious as to why you would post on a board for ex-Scientologists?

Hmm. "treat others as you would wish to be treated" is referred to as 'the golden rule" surely it was in all those other books you read as well?

What would I recommend to someone in your position? Hmm.

Debate with us here. Let's start out with an easy question.

Do you now believe that clears have perfect recall? And if you do believe it - on what basis do you believe it?

Pick a concept from one of the books you have read that seems "so workable and true" and tell me why you think it is 'workable and true" What do you mean by "workable"

So the concept that "what is true for you is true for you" is a big one you say? hmm OK. Would you mind citing the exact quote?

Well you don't sound "desparate" to be honest, you sound disingenuous. But that could just be the internet.

If you have done any "research" at all then you know , withut a shadow of a doubt that the Church of scientology is an organization that wreaks havoc on its members, that destroys lives, has produced insane people who have ended up in asylums. You know, if you have done your research that Hubbard was a fat fraudulent power hungry individual who was dedicated to himself and himself alone. he abandoned his wives when they became "inconvenient" and he lied and cheated throughout his life.

His organizations are equally psychotic.

I don't know anything about the Church of Satan but you claim it is doing real work about liberating people? Well then if you are so impressed with the Church of satan why are you bothering with the Church of Scientology or was your writing just unclear?

Presuming that you were referring to the "Church" of Scientology when you were puffing your positive praise - it would seem that you have moved from having done 'research" and 'read three books" to actually knowing about the church of scientology. A remarkable feat.

So let me ask you a question - how many criminal convictions does the CofS have? What does your research tell you?

Was it convicted in Canada for example? France?

Has anyone died of neglect while being held at the Church in Clearwater?

Just wondering how extensive your "reading" has been.

I suppose it depends on your past. I have used many drugs (Not your average user, I never had real issues in my life that demanded I get away or numb or repress anything, I was searching for something) in my past and I can see how the average person wouldn't see how just small things described in Dianetics (I've read this, Dianetics 55, and self analysis, I'm not reading a new slant on life) really strike a nerve. I don't proudly say this, but I find it necessary to point out.

As for what truly works, ARC is one of them surely although it allowed me to really create my own understandings that i borrowed from his. As for the true is for you etc. Well it's kind of similar to being a false witness. Or thall shall not lie. What I've observed is that the worst of all crimes we commit is that we lie to ourselves without knowing or realizing it. It's truly amazing how people do not link up their unreasonable blame throughout life of others, and then fail to realize they do the same things to others, and but cannot admit it because it would force them to face themselves and realize they should be blaming themselves as much as they try to point there fingers elsewhere.

As for reading material I've picked up a lot of info throughout my life which i never pieced together. My father is one of a kind, and dedicates, and always has, all of his free time to conspiracy theory. From ET, reptilian people, Jewish origins and motives(Rothchilds, fair game act), ancient Egyptian lineage, royal blood lines, abductions, child pornography rings, political blackmail, New world order undermining the majority of our population, Brave New World, Machiavellian concepts, manipulation of the markets, free energy/tesla/radionics, Luciferian beliefs, freemasonry, satanic cults (all types), christianity, conspiracy about things such as BP oil spill in the gulf, weather control, control of things such as earthquakes, about government puppets, inner workings of the ideologies of super powers, Identity and mind control through satellite and tv programing/movies, USA's undermining by cults, spread of wealth, conserving countryside to force people into metro areas, force limited travel throughout the world, to just about anything you can think of. I haven't had much use for all of it until I started my journey about the end of 2011. Then it all just really seemed to all come together to create a huge picture of what I consider my world view which has drastically changed.

As for judging Scientology, well unless I've been a member I can't justify slandering them, or in any way demand that they are necessarily what i see some people criticizing them as being. For I haven't had any first hand experience. But at the same time i am not blind enough to deny the existence of such claims. For one i don't see them defending themselves too often which also leads me to wonder why that is. Do they not because they spend their time creating real change rather than sitting on the internet like kids and ruin their reputation as mature adults by fighting back and forth online which as most know leave no winners. It's just that childish slander back and forth. Or is it because they can't defend themselves. I don't know. For one, considering all the power people credit them for I'm surprised they allow so much slandering on these forums if they have as much power as some claim they have being as evil as they are.

As far as the treat others as you would like to be treated goes. I find more often than not people go for the treat others as you would expect to be treated if you catch my drift.

As for Hubbard (hopefully you appreciate that now rather than LRH) I wasn't there, I didn't know the guy. I just like his writing so far.

I will say this, I'm well aware of the info available on the internet, my dad thrives on it. If you want to believe the common opinion based on what you read on the internet, well, i guarantee you'll have a hard time finding any real facts that aren't accompanied by 100 others that contradict that fact.

If I was to say I KNEW Scientology was evil or bad i would be lying wouldn't I? Because I haven't had first hand experience with them. All I can say is that what is true is i heard over the internet a few people disgruntled with them. That is all the truth that lies there. And that many people say "that weird church called Scientology" so far I have no real grounds for discounting or making a final judgement on them. True or not? It would be easy to say our government was evil, and full of corrupted/blackmailed politicians. It's easy just look for the common slander of the US government and build your case against them. Simple as that, but without first hand experience, or spyware used to trace, step by step, each politician's daily life you are doing no more than making educated guess's also completely biased due to many factors. When the truth of the matter is the reason they don't tell us the dirty (but probably very truly great work) details is because we couldn't handle it because our minds are stuck to herd mentality. People bitch about the Patriot Act, yet they fail to understand the feds don't need a Patriot Act, simply, they could just make people disappear without ever attempting to pass such an act. They do it so they are obviously accounting for what they do when they pull someone off the street. Not to hoodwink us and say, haha you're all fools ;)

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
SO what is the major PROBLEM exactly with COS? I understand the whole it's for money and that, but to be honest, any organization that wishes to attract people and maintain a solid amount of financial security is going to follow that model. Christian churches i attended relied exclusively on member donations, or charges etc. Any organization that wants to have any major effect on the world is going to have to come to terms that it needs unbelievable amounts of revenue to make any real change.

Auditors, just like anyone else have to make an income, and what better way than to get paid good money for doing something not only that you love, but also helps those you audit immensely? Perfect formula IMO....IF IT WORKS. My real question should be DOES AUDITING WORK? Is this state of clear THERE?

Just curious. . .

Do you happen to know how much it costs to go from the beginning of Scientology (where you are) to the highest level (OT VIII)?

Do you know what the Scientologists will tell you and do to you, if you try to stop doing the levels before you get to OT VIII? Did you hear any stories of people who tried to do a little Scientology and then stop?

The answers to these questions might not be good.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron

Where is that lol button when you need it? Welcome Clark. Your questions are logical for sure. And you've come to the right place. I recommend you read through some of the copious threads here on the. Board. All the answers are there, some even to questions you haven't thought of yet.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

Robert

Suggest you read Iano Couliano "Out of this world" and Francis Yates "The Art of Memory" before proceeding. link

arnie lerma