What's new

Dirty Cult

Actually, I think a cesspool is a very appropiate analogy to Scientology management itself.

The really big smelly chunks make it to the top.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Anonycat

Crusader
tomopenmouthonphone.jpg

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
I've been trying to come up with a joke for: All Orgs will be St. Hill Smell. Please advise.

Now I was thinking more about the size of the problem being comparable to the glorious Old Saint Hill, but the name has comedic potential as well. Dung Hill? Saint Dung Hill? I'll have to ponder that a bit...

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
I've been trying to come up with a joke for: All Orgs will be St. Hill Smell. Please advise.

Scent Hill, perhaps?

"All Orgs' swill be Scent Hill an' sh*t, yo." <--- JB taps her inner gangsta-self. (I'm listening to TI's latest - so good!)

New slogan: "Scent Hill - It's Not Just About Size Anymore"

JB (Who honestly applauds Axiom's tremendous efforts at exposing such a disgusting/illegal toxic-laden site.)

Anonycat

Crusader
sthillsize.jpg

Hey, Ax - you did send Tony an e-mail about this thread, right? I Googled Scientology St. Hill sewage, and just this thread showed.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
How disgusting! How absolutely putrid!

There are safety violations too numerous to count, I hope the local authorities are on this right now, before some poor RPFers are forced into this environment to "fix it" with the high risk of getting ill. I wouldn't expect they would have any safety equipment or protection. I hope our documenter was wearing a mask!

Anonycat

Crusader
Tony O?

Actually I haven't yet. Do you think that he would be interested?

Axiom142

Yes, this is a breaking story about a different kind of disgusting crime from the forked-tongue of scientology. Really - a sewage plant that hasn't worked in God knows how many years, and rigged to constantly dump all the waste into the stream? Yes. Absolutely.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
Sewage treatment is covered by EU legislation and it has teeth. They may even have the power to close the place down until the system works properly. Pollution of watercourses likewise. Fines like telephone numbers.

If an inspector from some environmental agency is aware of the situation he is unlikely to give up easily. I think we can watch developments with interest.

But bearing in mind the way the Stinkers have of lying and bullying maybe someone on the spot needs to make sure he is not fobbed off.

Edited to add: one of the German girls interviewed by Mark Bunker, who was given to the Sea Org as a teenager, did her EPF service at Saint Hill. One of her duties was wading around in raw sewage with no protection trying to empty something or unblock something. This was maybe 12-15 years ago. So it's an old story.

Last edited:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
I was just thinking how they probably told the RPF'ers that hooked up this shit chute to the river that they were plumbers in their past life and they'd catch on soon enough. Well, they shoulda told em that plumbing has come a long way in the last 100 or so years and that things that were acceptable in the 11th and 12th century can get you thrown in prison these days.

Oh well.... I would say I love the smell of epic cult fail, but it doesn't seem appropriate here.

MissWog

Yes! Please send this to Tony!
As I was watching the video I was thinking Tony would appreciate this and get traction on the story.. So I'm happy to read I'm not the only person with that idea! I bet he interviews you and the video will get some attention!
Thank you for brining this to our attention!

Anonycat

Crusader
I was just thinking how they probably told the RPF'ers that hooked up this shit chute to the river that they were plumbers in their past life and they'd catch on soon enough. Well, they shoulda told em that plumbing has come a long way in the last 100 or so years and that things that were acceptable in the 11th and 12th century can get you thrown in prison these days.

Oh well.... I would say I love the smell of epic cult fail, but it doesn't seem appropriate here.

mopgun.jpg

Arthur Dent

Unfortunately, there is a huge blank space where the video, obviously, is. I can see the two photos but no video or link at all. Can someone kindly repost the video or link?
Many thanks,
Sew Age of Tech....that was funny, Panda!
Great work, Axiom!!

smartone

My Own Boss
The Church of Scientology is very fond of telling other people how to live their lives, but do they follow their own dictates?

Let’s look at one example – from ‘The Way to Happiness’:

Chapter 12. Safeguard and Improve Your Environment

So, bearing in mind that the CoS ‘are the only ones who can really help’, you’d expect them to show the way in caring for the only home we have – planet Earth.

Unfortunately not.

I have previously documented the cult dumping rubbish at their UK home. But, I’d afraid what I am going to show you is much worse.

As ESMB regulars will be aware, the cult has its UK headquarters at the former home of Hubbard, in the grounds of St Hill Manor, at St Hill, near East Grinstead, England. They have a mock Norman castle housing the 2 service orgs located here – AOSH UK and St Hill Foundation. There are also several ‘management’ orgs including CMO, CLO and RTC and sundry other units. Altogether there may be, I guess, up to 400 people on the ‘base’ at any one time. Naturally such numbers will produces copious quantities of ‘waste’. Some wags might say that Scientologists are possessed of a greater quantity of BS than the average, but in any case that is a lot of effluent to dispose of.

For some unknown reason, St Hill was not connected to the public sewage system. Perhaps the company was run by SPs. Anyway, as a consequence the CoS operates its own private sewage treatment works. I don’t know how long it has been there, but I’m guessing since the early 60s. Certainly it hasn’t been updated since I was on the EPF back in 1986. Now, any sensible organisation would recognise that such a system needs to work properly and so requires regular maintenance and monitoring. But obviously not the cult. They just leave things until they breakdown and then it’s a massive ‘Hill 10’ to put things right. Planning and foresight have no place in the cult.

So, the sewage system was left to decay until presumably the stink got so bad they had to do something. But, since we are talking about the CoS here, they wouldn’t get in skilled contractors. No, way too expensive. Besides they have all those freeloading, downstat RPFers to do that sort of thing. Don’t know what they are doing? Just make it up as they go along.

Clearly they have been working on the sewage system – doing God only knows what – for several months now, in a typically slipshod fashion. And of course they don’t bother with Health and Safety precautions.

But most shocking of all, is their callous disregard for the environment which they and others have to live in. Sewage system not working properly? Just bypass it for a few months and dump the sewage into the nearest stream.

I think that this video speaks for itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgjt8eR1K4w&

And here are some photos as well - Outlet from sewage system:

7993534573_9e42c03827_b.jpg

Downstream from outlet point (not cult property):

7993540729_0fd332f707_b.jpg

Seriously, when have you ever seen red bacteria growing in a stream? That is some serious pollution.

The cult’s property is located in a beautiful part of the country and this sort of behaviour makes my blood boil.

Anyway, it appears that some busybody informed the Environments Agency (government department responsible for protecting the environment) and an inspector came-a-calling.

The same busybody even helpfully told the inspector where to go to find the owners of this sewage plant. I imagine that was a bit of a shock for OSA to have a government inspector turn up and tell them that they were breaking the law.

So OSA, are you going to fix it, or do we have to make further reports?

In fact, let’s make a game of this. OSA, I know that you are really bored at the moment, what with all this ‘straight up and vertical expansion’ and knocking off those SPs like ducks in a barrel – I mean, how can you fail with the most advanced Tech in the Universe at your fingertips – let’s see if you can predict which part of your cult will get a visit from an inspector next?

Fire safety? I mean, you do have regular fire drills don’t you and you keep all your fire exits clear and unlocked, don’t you? It wouldn’t look good if you got warned again.

How about immigration – do all your workers, sorry volunteers have the appropriate visa to work over here in the UK?

How about your vehicles – are they all road legal and taxed and insured?

Or maybe some other area that I haven’t mentioned will get some official attention? Let’s not forget that you haven’t yet complied with my DPA request. How would you fancy a visit from the ICO? They might get detailed directions on whose computers to go for first. :ohmy:

You moan like hell if you see someone else doing something wrong, now it’s time you got your own Ethics in. This is only the start.

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of enturbulation…

Axiom142

Trying to find a toilet roll in the facilities at SH was rarer than hens teeth. I ended up taking my own.