What's new

Welcome Jonathan!

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
Jonathon: WELCOME!! Thanks for coming out and showing off your "goldenrod". The church of scientology is insane and the opposite of what they say they are!! The WISE groups are criminals. They LIE about their service. You are going to do so much better being out of the cult. No one does well in Scientology - there is no bridge and it is a complete scam! The goldenrod is an indication that you are brave, courageous, speak the truth and are CLEARLY seeing WHAT Scientology IS and WHAT IT IS NOT!

Good for you. You have friends here - hope to hear your story!

Google: Luis Garcia and Theodore Babbitt. The Church of Scientology is currently getting sued for FRAUD. The IAS has been lying to the members about what they spend the money on - same with Super Power. Go to Attorney Theodore Babbitt's website and click on the "Scientology Litigation". After they win the lawsuit - you can expect to get your IAS donations back plus any money you have on account. The Church of Scientology is a total criminal organization and thank god you are free it!! Glad you are out!
And that's Vance woodwards neck of the woods. They got $650,000 out of him and he never even made it to clear. All he ever wanted to be was an auditor but he was worth two much money on the other side of the meter.

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
Mimsey, I walked in to get my refunds and I acted super pissed and not to be fucked with. When they showed it to me, I took it and walked out the door.

I can picture them sitting there trying to figure out "what the fuck just happened". :roflmao:

And welcome aboard !

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Congratulations to Jonathon on his attainment of the state of SP.

There are several routes he can take from this point.

Perhaps myself and others might recommend the route that brings him to the level of Bitter Defrocked Apostate.

How's the Bitter Defrocked Apostate stat doing these days.

Has anyone started the I Want to Go Bitter Defrocked Apostate Club yet?

The level of Bitter Defrocked Apostate is the first actual Apostate level.

I heard that there is a goal to get 10,000 on the Bitter Defrocked Apostate level.

This is the Golden Age of Bitter Defrocked Apostates.

Yeah Bitter Defrocked Apostate is a myth but we sure all enjoy it.

Become a Bitter Defrocked Apostate today and have people with webcams attached to their hats come and sing and dance at your doorstep.

Rd00

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

Jonathan has been scared off posting his stories by an ESMBer who spooked him on how "dangerous" it could be.

He was told TO BE CAREFUL and not tell his stories on ESMB.

That OSA could DESTROY his business
That the publicity would be NEGATIVE and HARMFUL.

I am concerned that an ESMBer (back channels) attempted to shut up a new ESMBer with false statements and I have encouraged
Jonathan to report the entire experience to Emma, EtherCat and the Mods.

Why would a long term ESMber do this ?​

JonathanHyslop.jpg

Jonathan and patient

Jonathan has been scared off posting his stories by an ESMBer who spooked him on how "dangerous" it could be.

He was told TO BE CAREFUL and not tell his stories on ESMB.

That OSA could DESTROY his business
That the publicity would be NEGATIVE and HARMFUL.

I am concerned that an ESMBer (back channels) attempted to shut up a new ESMBer with false statements and I have encouraged
Jonathan to report the entire experience to Emma, EtherCat and the Mods.

Why would a long term ESMber do this ?​

JonathanHyslop.jpg

Jonathan and patient

I don't believe it.

And even if someONE told him that then the problem is with his being fickle.

And you seem to believe it and spread it too easily.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Hey everybody! Glad to be on this site with all of you. I'll look forward to making some new friends here and sharing my story about being fleeced by a WISE group as well as the CoS!

Quite a few people have found the content of official CofS HCOBs and HCO PLs on the internet.

Are there similar internet places to go and read WISE (and others like them) documents on details of how they teach businesses to run their business? (Especially, how they should manage employees).

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Quite a few people have found the content of official CofS HCOBs and HCO PLs on the internet.

Are there similar internet places to go and read WISE (and others like them) documents on details of how they teach businesses to run their business? (Especially, how they should manage employees).

TAJ ~~~ he went through a very very rough time His business and marriage got destroyed.
The ESMBer had him believe he was going to back square one and that he would with OSA vengeance
be right back into what he has only just come out of.
It is not fair for you to adjudicate unless you had walked in his shoes.
I protest you name calling him "fickle" when you do not have all the information.

TAJ ~~~ he went through a very very rough time His business and marriage got destroyed.
The ESMBer had him believe he was going to back square one and that he would with OSA vengeance
be right back into what he has only just come out of.
It is not fair for you to adjudicate unless you had walked in his shoes.
I protest you name calling him "fickle" when you do not have all the information.

So why are you spreading it with big letters?

Shouldn't you be a little more descreet?

I think both he and you need to realize you're not in the cozy little world of Scientology anymore.

There are people here who I am sure have had times more difficult than he.

Seriously, if one person's words can alter his behavior so readily than no wonder he is having a hard time.

Babying him is not doing him any good.

He needs to take a stand.

The Anabaptist Jacques

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Jonathon,

Welcome out and welcome to ESMB. :)

It's a ride eh?

The telling of your story and the potential ramifications...mmmm...been there, done that. The fear, the uncertainty, the not wanting to look weak, the not wanting to make things worse, the wanting to yell it all out loud....a lot of dissonance.

Take your time. Listen to your own inner guidance. Move through the fear(s) at your own pace. Don't take heed of the words of others (that's what got us in the shit in the first place). Ya know what? You actually know what is best for you more than any other person, for you know more about yourself than any other person.

I'm sorry you lost your marriage through all this. Been there, done that. The good news is that it does get easier and start to make sense.

I wish you strength and peace in your journey into your new life. :flowers:

I apologize Karen, if I have been a bit too harsh here.

But it came as a shock to me to see in huge red letters something bad about an unspecified member of this board.

It is a charge, which I think the way you expressed it, could be thought to reflect on any member.

So I apologize for that.

However, despite his difficulties, if he allows himself to be swayed so easily by the opinions of one person then he is bound to find himself too easily the effect of other people's opinions.

He does have to take a stand on things. I suspect that if he has had so many severe problems that perhaps he is indicisive.

This could account for a lot.

He's got to find and decide where he stands on things.

After all, he's only out of the Church because they initiated it, not he.

The Anabaptist Jacques

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
So why are you spreading it with big letters?

Shouldn't you be a little more descreet?

I think both he and you need to realize you're not in the cozy little world of Scientology anymore.

There are people here who I am sure have had times more difficult than he.

Seriously, if one person's words can alter his behavior so readily than no wonder he is having a hard time.

He needs to take a stand.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Firstly Karen writes nearly everything in big letters these days.

:no: I don't think she needs to be more discreet. If this is true then we all need to know about it.

As far as I am concerned ESMB has always been & should always be a safe place for exes to land & share their own personal stories without fear.

if Jonny has received back channel communication indicating that it isn't safe then :wtf:

True, we are all well aware that OSA keeps on eye on ESMB, & we all know that it is wise to only share what one feels comfortable with....

but to scare off a newbie before they have even had a chance to sit down & have a :beer:

Well......that is just mean.

Whoever is responsible for this, really needs to take a step back & think about how their actions / words are a very bad attempt at hindering this safe landing site better known as ESMB.

They also need a good :smack::buttkick:

Whatever happened to being welcoming to newbies?
:welcome:

:gossip:

:naughty:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I really can't imagine that the long term ESMB member was trying to be anything but helpful, at the time ... perhaps more info will help?

Anyway the good thing is Jonny is here now so in his own time he'll be able to settle in and share some more information (or not, whichever he likes).

:happydance:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this and up to this point I really haven't said anything publicly about my feelings, experiences and views on the CoS and WISE groups. The reason I am here is because I have witnessed and experienced first hand the abuses that I know to be true. I see the blatant lies that are twisted beyond twisted and I know that the wrong thing to do is to say nothing. I'm here to help and hopefully offer some insight and recollect of experience with humility and intelligence. I hope it helps someone.

Re The Anabaptist Jacques': "There are people here who I am sure have had times more difficult than he.

He needs to take a stand." and "He's got to find and decide where he stands on things.

After all, he's only out of the Church because they initiated it, not he."

I don't know where you are coming from with this. I am absolutely positive that people on this board have had a much more difficult run-in with the CoS, WISE, etc. No question there. As far as taking a stand, would you like me to return with Miscavige's head BBQ'd on a skewer or something? I know where I stand on things and I absolutely initiated my leaving. Yeah, just not sure why you are projecting that on me, but ask me any
question you'd like and I'll be happy to answer you.

All my best,
Jonathan

Purple Rain

Crusader
I remember how I first came to ESMB. I had been out for 17 years and I was posting on a local forum when somebody made a request to interview anyone who had been involved in Scientology. I was too embarrassed to admit that in front of my fellow posters, even through an alias, so I stayed quiet. I did want to make sure they spoke with someone though, and happily another poster suggested they try to locate somebody here at ESMB. I registered for the board with such trepidation. I was never going to post anything I thought. Then I tentatively posted a few things, but thought I would never reveal any identifying information. Within a few months I was protesting with Anonymous in Sydney with my own bare face, and the youtubes are still there to this day.

Even after 17 years they had me terrified to the point where I was ashamed. ESMB gradually taught me it was safe to speak out, and empowered me to tell them what I'd been wanting to since I first left but never dared.

I will never forget that feeling of fear when I first joined. I think that is normal and natural. I'm sorry if somebody, no doubt well-meaning, made you feel more afraid rather than less. I can promise you that OSA have their hands more than full these days. People like you and I are very small fish to them indeed.

Just take a deep breath, relax, and start where you are like the rest of us do.

You've just had a huge change in your life. Well, I am going through that now and it isn't fun. It's destabilising beyond belief. You don't realise how much of your own life is constructed in your own head - particularly your own future. When your whole world comes crashing down it is painful and daunting to start over.

But tomorrow is a new day. The sun will rise and set again. We are stronger than we think.

We can do it.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this and up to this point I really haven't said anything publicly about my feelings, experiences and views on the CoS and WISE groups. The reason I am here is because I have witnessed and experienced first hand the abuses that I know to be true. I see the blatant lies that are twisted beyond twisted and I know that the wrong thing to do is to say nothing. I'm here to help and hopefully offer some insight and recollect of experience with humility and intelligence. I hope it helps someone.

Re The Anabaptist Jacques': "There are people here who I am sure have had times more difficult than he.

He needs to take a stand." and "He's got to find and decide where he stands on things.

After all, he's only out of the Church because they initiated it, not he."

I don't know where you are coming from with this. I am absolutely positive that people on this board have had a much more difficult run-in with the CoS, WISE, etc. No question there. As far as taking a stand, would you like me to return with Miscavige's head BBQ'd on a skewer or something? I know where I stand on things and I absolutely initiated my leaving. Yeah, just not sure why you are projecting that on me, but ask me any
question you'd like and I'll be happy to answer you.

All my best,
Jonathan

Thanks for this reply.

I would have spoken to you directly, but I foolishly believed what Karen had said about you being scared off.

And I was making my comments based on that idea that you were scared off by one person's comments.

I'm glad you're still here.

And I think you will find this place very supportive of you with your difficulties from the Church.

The Anabaptist Jacques

since i believe the person is me, I didn't say don't tell your story. I said don't put your name out there so prominently. There is a reason for anonymity. My reasoning is THIS:

google can be your friend or your enemy

ditto Yelp

anybody, who has a business, can back me up on this. Word of mouth can aid or harm your business.

As part of Due Diligence, any new customer or client to a business, TYPICALLY WILL GOOGLE YOU. DUH!!!

if what they read are a bunch of posts about "Ain't It Awful" connected to your name,

rather than

successes of your business acumen, you have already shot yourself in the foot.

Think about how you want people, who don't know you to perceive you as a first impression. First Impressions carry a lot more weight than any other meetings or recommendations.

We rent out houses and apartments. If the lawn needs mowing, the house needs cleaning, there are rats or cockroaches running around, it affects making a deal. Furthermore it affects the client's relationship with you.

It doesn't take a genius to say "I want my future clients to perceive me as a winner, who can help them."

Whether we are talking about Jonathan here or anybody, who has their own business, do you really want a new potential client to read about a lot of crap connected with a skanky cult?

or

Do you want them to read about a lot of customer wins and successes?

I would no more put the word "Scientology" in my resume than shoot myself. It's a dumb move.

first impressions make a huge difference. Positive or negative.

I know someone who counsels US representatives in Washington, D.C. He would be the last person to allow a google search finding his name and Scientology together.

One of my children's god parents is a well known psychiatrist. You won't find many, if any, googleable searches that contain his name and the word "Scientology." It is bad for business.

The word Scientology is like the boogie man. Why associate yourself with it? either personally or professionally?

Do you want people to, even for one minute, know you were a part of this insanity BEFORE they get to know you?

[video=youtube;KOZF0ugtnEc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOZF0ugtnEc[/video]

As an exercise, google your name. Do you really want someone checking you out as a potential vendor to read this shit in this thread alone?

One of our children googles her name every day, and gets rid of problems when they are minor, not waiting for them to reach a huge audience. Every day. she has a seven figure income. She doesn't need to be associated with this train wreck called Scientology.