What's new

Welcome Jonathan!

As a further illustration of what my advice, over the phone, to Jonathan, that Karen took offense at:

here is a photo of our youngest child with somebody, who worked for a man named Reagan

IMG_6912_zps6f47fc50.jpg

I'm not going to mention my child's name, nor am I going to mention the person she is with.

I don't have to. The photo says enough.

I use photos and videos a lot on ESMB.

I don't put peoples' names unless I have a deliberate reason, such as I want them to find BY GOOGLING my reference. Usually the peoples' names I drop are people, who are still "in." I want them to read ESMB.

The last thing I want are my customers to read ESMB. As I stated earlier, being associated with a train wreck is bad for business.

Unless of course it is this train wreck:

[video=youtube;JM-0Ywc7wNY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM-0Ywc7wNY[/video]

The person, who produced this movie, was a Class Vlll at age 16. She does not want her name associated with the "S" word. There is no way a google search will turn up a reference to her and this thread from the video and the printed words above.

Google can be your best friend or worst enemy.

You choose.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Carmelo

I spent some time with Jonathan encouraging him to come to this board. Telling my stories helped me, I thought it would be win /win for him to do likewise,

But after speaking with you, he had done a 180 degree turn. After some extensive chat with me, he is back on the board but what bothered me the most was you asking him to not tell me about your discussion

1) I invited him to the board, all jazzed to share stories and tell his Scientology time track. He is my friend.
2) You talk to him back channels and tell him "Don't tell Karen de la Carriere" any of this. That's what I took "offense" on ~~ he did not have time to stabilize on the board before your warnings of all the potential bad that could happen.

3) Jonathan then decides to withdraw

4) I work with Jonathan giving him expanded viewpoints and he returns.

My name is all over the web full blast. 2500 web pages on Thomas Kinkade. I am considered a Top Gun art dealer. I am blasting out YouTube Videos called Surviving Scientology
http://www.youtube.com/survivingscientology

Google has not effected my business, on the contrary, my revenues keep rising each successive year. My home has turned into a studio for YouTube videos !

I do not believe in backing down from the CULT of Scientology or informing others of the "dangers" of Scientology repercussions and so on.
In fact everytime the Cult put up a hate page on me, I raised the ante. First I got a Twitter account to celebrate.
Another hate page ~~ so a I celebrated with a new YouTube Channel !

Camera3.jpg

Camera1-1.jpg

Camera4-1.jpg

Camera2-1.jpg

Camera7.jpg

Last edited:
I can appreciate both Karen's and Ed's viewpoints. Both are valid. Scientology is definitely a dirty household word and no one in their right mind would choose to be associated with it once you find out the truth behind it.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Camera3.jpg

I dare a Squirrel Buster to fasten that camera to their hat.

On second thought...

I double dare.

The supreme test of a Squirrel Buster is to make it go right and that includes wearing their "hat" and bearing the full responsibility of all that goes with it.

Rd00

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Carmelo

I spent some time with Jonathan encouraging him to come to this board. Telling my stories helped me, I thought it would be win /win for him to do likewise,

But after speaking with you, he had done a 180 degree turn. After some extensive chat with me, he is back on the board but what bothered me the most was you asking him to not tell me about your discussion

1) I invited him to the board, all jazzed to share stories and tell his Scientology time track. He is my friend.
2) You talk to him back channels and tell him "Don't tell Karen de la Carriere" any of this. That's what I took "offense" on ~~ he did not have time to stabilize on the board before your warnings of all the potential bad that could happen.

Dang it! I knew that was going to happen the moment I saw Carmelo's post to Jonathan! My first instinct was to PM Jonathan and warn him..... but I second guessed myself. Never again

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm pondering Carmelo's basic premis that if your name is mentioned in an ESMB thread that the post will show up in a Google search of your name.

Is that true?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I'm pondering Carmelo's basic premis that if your name is mentioned in an ESMB thread that the post will show up in a Google search of your name.

Is that true?

Try it and see!

There's a caveat, though. I believe Google Search may tailor the results based on your previous searches, so if your name is Freddie Flint and you've searched for stuff involving your band many times, including your name, you might not get the same results as someone else who has never searched for your name before. You can test this by accessing Google through a proxy instead of directly.

Of course, if your name is Freddie Flickjummerschwab it's a lot harder to "hide" than if you're Freddie Smith.

Paul

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
I did.

I tried out Jonathan's full name and got a lot of stuff about Chiropractic, but no ESMB link.

So I tried Jason Barclay and his name, shared by many, DID come up with some stuff on the first page, but not from ESMB.

I'm wondering because my name is unusual and that fucking I am a scientologist page is right there up front and center.c:omg:

They've declared me and still have that shit out there.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Jonathan has been scared off posting his stories by an ESMBer who spooked him on how "dangerous" it could be.

He was told TO BE CAREFUL and not tell his stories on ESMB.

That OSA could DESTROY his business
That the publicity would be NEGATIVE and HARMFUL.

I am concerned that an ESMBer (back channels) attempted to shut up a new ESMBer with false statements and I have encouraged
Jonathan to report the entire experience to Emma, EtherCat and the Mods.

Why would a long term ESMber do this ?​

JonathanHyslop.jpg

Jonathan and patient

Guessing it's Carrmelo :melodramatic:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I did.

I tried out Jonathan's full name and got a lot of stuff about Chiropractic, but no ESMB link.

So I tried Jason Barclay and his name, shared by many, DID come up with some stuff on the first page, but not from ESMB.

I'm wondering because my name is unusual and that fucking I am a scientologist page is right there up front and center.c:omg:

Hasn't Jonathan's full name now been removed from the thread?

The way to fix your name appearing front and centre on an "I wuz a Scieno" page is to outcreate it. In other words, you get your name online associated with other things, like the websites for the local horse-riding club, the table-tennis club, the old-geezers-philately club, the local snooker ladder, the national Walt Whitman impersonators index, and so on and so on. There will still be an "I wuz a Scieno" hit, but it won't be so obvious, especially if it's not on the first page of results.

If you Google my stuff (PaulsRobot, Rub & Yawn, Yawnguy etc) you'll see loads of different sites about them. Now, almost all of them are sites that I created (shhh) and maintain online, but at least a casual search reveals stuff I WANT to be seen.

Paul

I did.

send a knowledge report :)

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't recall seeing his full name printed anywhere in this thread.

Unless my ARC Straighwire is not triangulating properly.

So how much cut of the take does WISE get these days?

And besides what kind of Church practices Fair Game these days?

Oh nevermind.

Rd00

RogerB

Crusader
Carmelo

My name is all over the web full blast. 2500 web pages on Thomas Kinkade. I am considered a Top Gun art dealer. I am blasting out YouTube Videos called Surviving Scientology
http://www.youtube.com/survivingscientology

Google has not effected my business, on the contrary, my revenues keep rising each successive year. My home has turned into a studio for YouTube videos !

I do not believe in backing down from the CULT of Scientology or informing others of the "dangers" of Scientology repercussions and so on.
In fact everytime the Cult put up a hate page on me, I raised the ante. First I got a Twitter account to celebrate.
Another hate page ~~ so a I celebrated with a new YouTube Channel !

<.. Snipped . .>

Umm,

I note Jonathan's full name is not showing in text that the web crawlers would read . . . it is in an IMAGE of the goldenrod. He is here under a nic . . . So what's the flap over Carmelo????

Karen is in correct order and rightly miffed that a 3P "don't tell her" trick was being pulled. Stuff like that comm ought to have been up front.

Some folks are happily "up front" and thus operate from a position of presence and power: others are into duplicity and being hidden.

Guess who gains the greater respect and abundance in life?

Welcome aboard Jonathan . . .

Since yours is a recent story and case: depending on how much you want to take on regarding the Cof$ . . . I have often wondered on the mileage a case against them on grounds of Breach of Contract (the contract they have with members is that they state they will uphold and apply correct organizational policy and tech) and in the case of the IAS . . . soliciting and taking the money under false pretenses (fraud) and with the use of duress (making any such agreement invalid).

Rog

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey , welcome to ESMB!

I'm asking these questions because I'm wondering about my own name as it comes up in google searches. I already have the dumb website and I'm listed on the service completions site which I can't do anything about.

I have a bunch of disconnections going on since my declare last fall and am finally getting around to "managing" my web presence.

Hope you're not taking offense.