What's new

Scientology statement on the anti-Semitic remarks by its ally, Louis Farrakhan?

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Has the Church of Scientology issued any statement concerning the anti-Semitic remarks recently made by its ally, Louis Farrakhan, leader of the Nation of Islam?

The Detroit Free Press reported on a speech Minister Farrakhan made on Friday, May 17, 2013:
During his speech, Farrakhan also made some anti-Semitic remarks, talking about what he called “Satanic Jews” and the “Synagogue of Satan” supposedly controlling major institutions. Several groups have noted that Farrakhan has a history of anti-Semitism and anti-white remarks.

He said that he loved President Barack Obama, but said “he surrounded himself with Satan...members of the Jewish community.”
http://www.freep.com/article/20130517/NEWS0102/305170150/louis-farrakhan-kwame-kilpatrick

USA Today also reported the story:
At Fellowship Chapel in Detroit, Farrakhan railed Friday night against what he called "Satanic Jews" and the "Synagogue of Satan," which he said controlled major institutions in the United States. He also alleged that President Barack Obama "surrounded himself with Satan ... members of the Jewish community."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/22/jewish-group-denounces-farrakhan/2352937/

As reflected by numerous articles in the Final Call newspaper, the official newspaper of the Nation of Islam, as well as on Tony Ortega's news site, both Minister Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam are allied with, and indeed receive training from, the Church of Scientology.

Where is the official statement by the Church of Scientology? Where is the moral leadership?

Last edited:
I had a staff member (who is Jewish himself) tell me that Farrakhan was not talking about real Jews, only those people who are and were pretending to be Jews.

Image that level of self-deception.

The Anabaptist Jacques

I'm a real Jew. My name is Lenny Schwartz.

How do you feel about this.

Years ago, long before the Church aligned itself with Farrakhan, I asked a Scientologist friend of mine how he felt about the anti-Semitism among Scientologist.

He said it bothered him a lot, but he never spoke out about it.

The Anabaptist Jacques

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Yep.. PR in Scientology is distinctly separate from 'reality'.. Scientologists are hypercritical of everything except Hubbard and their cult's own propaganda. (Remarkable when you think about it..)

:yes:

I wonder how David Gaiman (deceased) would feel about this as a Jewish man who gave so much of his life to 'the cause' as the worldwide PR for scientology? His family must be truly sickened.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
It always shocked me how prejudiced scientologists could be, racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic class snob whatever. It seems that people would arrive with prejudices and nothing they learned ever shifted that. I could never understand that, but I had no prejudices to start with.

Of course the flounder himself was very prejudiced. Something I could not understand, he apparently travelled and so how could he not see the common humanity? To me if we moved from one body to the next then we had all been male and female and any colour, race, creed etc you can imagine in trillions of years and millions of planets. So to me fear of difference is impossible for a scientologist. Of course I was forgetting that all space opera is based on star trek, everyone speaks American and there are only two black people in the whole of the Galaxy.

So yes there must be plenty of scientologists who agree with NOI on this.

Purple Rain

Crusader
It always shocked me how prejudiced scientologists could be, racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic class snob whatever. It seems that people would arrive with prejudices and nothing they learned ever shifted that. I could never understand that, but I had no prejudices to start with.

Of course the flounder himself was very prejudiced. Something I could not understand, he apparently travelled and so how could he not see the common humanity? To me if we moved from one body to the next then we had all been male and female and any colour, race, creed etc you can imagine in trillions of years and millions of planets. So to me fear of difference is impossible for a scientologist. Of course I was forgetting that all space opera is based on star trek, everyone speaks American and there are only two black people in the whole of the Galaxy.

So yes there must be plenty of scientologists who agree with NOI on this.

At least with Star Trek you had the first scripted interracial kiss and a crew that didn't smoke on the bridge - boom boom. Roddenberry was actually much more of a visionary than Hubbard. If Roddenberry had invented Scientology we might really have a better world.

Terril park

Sponsor
I'm a real Jew. My name is Lenny Schwartz.

My grandmother on mothers side was a russian Jew. She was the last
thing to being orthodox. She read tea leaves, and did tarot using
ordinary playing cards. She new exactly when I was born despite being
on the opposite side of the atlantic.

Probably where my genetic tendancy to squirrel came from. :)

Hope I inherit her longevity. She was going out dancing and getting
new boyfriends in her 80s.

Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor
How do you feel about this.

Years ago, long before the Church aligned itself with Farrakhan, I asked a Scientologist friend of mine how he felt about the anti-Semitism among Scientologist.

He said it bothered him a lot, but he never spoke out about it.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Perhaps thats a US attitude from the boondocks. I've never seen
any racial descrimination in Scn, and people are promoted on stats
and not skin colour or race. London of course is the most cosmopolitan
city in the world.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Of course the flounder himself was very prejudiced. Something I could not understand, he apparently travelled and so how could he not see the common humanity?

It seems to me that the "flounder" (love that) very much had the mindset of the guy who never left the farm.

He was just as racist, sexist and homophobic as any other white guy born in Nebraska in the early 1900s.

still here

Patron with Honors
It seems to me that the "flounder" (love that) very much had the mindset of the guy who never left the farm.

He was just as racist, sexist and homophobic as any other white guy born in Nebraska in the early 1900s.

Raging paranoia and megalomania can't have helped either. :biggrin:

Still

guanoloco

As-Wased
I don't understand...Farrakhan is anti-semitic?

Farrakhan_Civil_Right_Reyn_t607.jpg

51563_web_4-16-Louis-Farrakhan.jpg

628x471.jpg

Are you guys sure?​

(Notice that is three...count 'em...THREE different suits the "honorable" Mr. Farrakhan is wearing whilst being less than happy about the book in question. He seems to almost have gotten as much traffic off of this as Hubbard did off of Sara Komkovodavich or whatever the hell it was [Sara Northrup].)

sarah-northrup-article-jpg.1224

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
I don't understand...Farrakhan is anti-semitic?

Farrakhan_Civil_Right_Reyn_t607.jpg

51563_web_4-16-Louis-Farrakhan.jpg

628x471.jpg

Are you guys sure?​

(Notice that is three...count 'em...THREE different suits the "honorable" Mr. Farrakhan is wearing whilst being less than happy about the book in question. He seems to almost have gotten as much traffic off of this as Hubbard did off of Sara Komkovodavich or whatever the hell it was [Sara Northrup].)

https://whyweprotest.net/community/attachments/sarah-northrup-article-jpg.1224/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Relationship_Between_Blacks_and_Jews

The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews is a book published in 1991 by the Nation of Islam. The book alleges that Jews dominated the Atlantic slave trade.[SUP][1][/SUP]

The book has been labeled an Antisemitic canard by historians including Saul S. Friedman, who contends that Jews had a minimal role in New World slave trade.[SUP][2][/SUP] Henry Louis Gates, Jr., head of the department of Afro-American studies at Harvard University, called the book "the Bible of new anti-Semitism" and added that "the book massively misinterprets the historical record, largely through a process of cunningly selective quotations of often reputable sources".[SUP][3][/SUP]

The Nation of Islam published Volume Two of The Secret Relationship in 2010, with the subtitle "How Jews Gained Control of the Black American Economy". The Anti-Defamation League states that Volume Two blames Jews for "promoting a myth of black racial inferiority and makes a range of conspiratorial accusations about Jewish involvement in the slave trade and in the cotton, textiles, and banking industries".[SUP][4][/SUP]

Perhaps thats a US attitude from the boondocks. I've never seen
any racial descrimination in Scn, and people are promoted on stats
and not skin colour or race. London of course is the most cosmopolitan
city in the world.

You have got to be kidding.

Certainly racism towards blacks is an American Scientologist thing.

But Scientologist's anti-Semitism is not just an American thing.

The anti-Semitism among Scientologists far exceeds what it is in America.

And I know three German Scientologists, all OTs, who tried to convince me that the SPs on the planet were the Jews.

The Anabaptist Jacques