What's new

The Underground Bunker featuring Synthia Fagen's TomKat interview

Anonycat

Crusader
This was pretty exciting to see! Most of us remember when Synthia went to the opening, and well, the rest is history! I am so proud for her to be sharing the journalistic stage with Tony Ortega. Tony, your level of awesome is over 9,000!

An Interview with Brandon Ogborn About His Play, The TomKat Project

Before Brandon Ogborn’s play The TomKat Project blows up even bigger than it already has, we thought we better get to know him a little — before he becomes so famous he won’t return our phone calls.

Fortunately for us, Synthia Fagen caught the Chicago production and first clued us in that it was a riot. So we asked her if she would interview Ogborn for the Underground Bunker.

The idea behind The TomKat Project is deceptively simple: Ogborn took all the insane media coverage of Katie Holmes’s split with Tom Cruise last summer and constructed from it a parody of our obsessions with celebrity (with Scientology getting a skewering along the way). With a small cast that has actors playing numerous roles each, the play weaves together actual language from media coverage with lines invented by Ogborn. The result is a smash, say critics, and the small production is sold out in Chicago through April, with hopes for bigger things soon.

Interview: http://tonyortega.org/2013/04/08/an-interview-with-brandon-ogborn-about-his-play-the-tomkat-project/

Free Being Me

Crusader

TG1

Angelic Poster
Sindy, that's a GREAT interview. You did good, girl!

And it is so freakin' cool that Purple Rain will get to see the play, too, when you're in Chi-town. Have a great time, PR.

I also want to say that (ahem) Sindy invited me to see the play with her. Sadly, I couldn't make it to the Windy City. Maybe soon, Sindy. :)

TG1

P.S. Haven't said this in a while, but -- OSA, fuck you. :)

Purple Rain

Crusader
Sindy, that's a GREAT interview. You did good, girl!

And it is so freakin' cool that Purple Rain will get to see the play, too, when you're in Chi-town. Have a great time, PR.

I also want to say that (ahem) Sindy invited me to see the play with her. Sadly, I couldn't make it to the Windy City. Maybe soon, Sindy. :)

TG1

P.S. Haven't said this in a while, but -- OSA, fuck you. :)

Oh, come on TG1! It isn't too late! Damn the torpedoes! There's a really cool show to be seen! And the girls! You know you want to!!

TG1

Angelic Poster
Sorry, PR ... I mis-typed. I meant that Sindy invited me the FIRST time she went to see the play.

You're also going to LOVE Chicago. It's a real city ... not like Los Angeles, which has plenty of charms. But Chicago is an actual city. The museums and architecture there are wonderful.

TG1

Purple Rain

Crusader
Sorry, PR ... I mis-typed. I meant that Sindy invited me the FIRST time she went to see the play.

You're also going to LOVE Chicago. It's a real city ... not like Los Angeles, which has plenty of charms. But Chicago is an actual city. The museums and architecture there are wonderful.

TG1

Sigh. Oh well! You know you were one of the people I wanted to see, TG1. But nevertheless, the show must go on!

Sindy

Crusader

TG1

Why don't you make a special trip and stay overnight with us gals in a hotel and then go home? PLEASE. I'll buy one more ticket.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Why don't you make a special trip and stay overnight with us gals in a hotel and then go home? PLEASE. I'll buy one more ticket.

Yes, please do, TG1!

:begging:

TG1 – checking in from the middle of the Pacific Ocean here…

I sense the girls are on the verge of begging. Actually Purple Rain has resorted to begging already.

So, I'm joining the choir....

TG1, please! It would be so much fun! I can send highly impractical shoes for you to wear!

From my “cult recovery great-rebellious-leap” collection:

GreenShoes.jpg

BeadShoes.jpg

Sindy? Thank you! Great article! :flowers:

OSA? Fuck you!

Last edited:

Purple Rain

Crusader

I sense the girls are on the verge of begging. Actually Purple Rain has resorting to begging already.

TG1, please! It would be so much fun! I can send highly impractical shoes for you to wear!

GreenShoes.jpg

BeadShoes.jpg

OSA? Fuck you!

They're really beautiful!

JustMe

Patron Meritorious
How good is that!!!!! As I said before, I now know there is a God... or at least a really cosmic and groovy cosmos!

And Purple if you do manage to come back to the US for the SP party and you stay with me for those few days before the party you are going to have to tell me alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll about this. It looks like SO much fun! Have a wonderful time :)

JustMe

Patron Meritorious

I sense the girls are on the verge of begging. Actually Purple Rain has resorted to begging already.

GreenShoes.jpg

BeadShoes.jpg

OSA? Fuck you!

OMG I LOVE those shoes!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!!!