What's new

Where can I get an E-Meter?

xela3991

Patron
So, I am currently a newbie regarding Scio stuff. I've taken a few courses, but nothing too serious. Anyway, I have been searching for a while, with no avail, for an e-meter that I can actually afford. Does anyone know where I could get an emeter for around 100 bucks or less?
any help would be appreciated!

Anonycat

Crusader
So, I am currently a newbie regarding Scio stuff. I've taken a few courses, but nothing too serious. Anyway, I have been searching for a while, with no avail, for an e-meter that I can actually afford. Does anyone know where I could get an emeter for around 100 bucks or less?

Most have thrown them away, or given them away, and you can find them being re-sold on eBay.

xela3991

Patron
i've been looking on ebay for a few months now, most of them are like 300-1000 bucks, too rich for my blood, lol. Where is the graveyard of discarded emeters lol!!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

I'm guessing that you won't believe this, but you would do much better auditing without one. In the hands of a real expert, an e-meter can be useful. In the hands of a noob auditor, especially trying to audit solo, definitely not. Your attention would get stuck in the meter and it would react on your unfamiliarity with it — initially you might see a fall or two on some charged item, but that would be the only case reaction you will see. Then the needle will rise, the tone arm will go up and up and up whatever you do and finally stick solid around 6. You are likely to introvert because of this.

There are many threads about the perils of using a meter here on ESMB, even by relatively well-trained auditors. If you still want to get hold of one, I really do suggest you search for and read them.

-----

Anyway, I expect you will ignore this. C'est la vie.

Paul

xela3991

Patron
I'm guessing that you won't believe this, but you would do much better auditing without one. In the hands of a real expert, an e-meter can be useful. In the hands of a noob auditor, especially trying to audit solo, definitely not. Your attention would get stuck in the meter and it would react on your unfamiliarity with it — initially you might see a fall or two on some charged item, but that would be the only case reaction you will see. Then the needle will rise, the tone arm will go up and up and up whatever you do and finally stick solid around 6. You are likely to introvert because of this.

There are many threads about the perils of using a meter here on ESMB, even by relatively well-trained auditors. If you still want to get hold of one, I really do suggest you search for and read them.

-----

Paul

Wow, great information! Thanks! So how would one audit without a meter? Any good information/training that I could do to audit without one? I'd still like to get my hands on one to complete my collection, but if auditing is better w/o one, I'd like to know how!

Veda

Sponsor
So, I am currently a newbie regarding Scio stuff. I've taken a few courses, but nothing too serious. Anyway, I have been searching for a while, with no avail, for an e-meter that I can actually afford. Does anyone know where I could get an e-meter for around 100 bucks or less?

I see no harm in obtaining a e-meter, mainly for the experience. My recommendation is to obtain an old Mark V, in good condition, and, then to find someone to train you on its proper use.

Later on, you can always abandon the use of the meter altogether, if you wish.

Mark V:
American%20Mark%20V%20(T-3121)-600x600.JPG

You should be able to get one inexpensively.

In the mid 1980s, I audited all the lower Grade actions, Dianetics, and even some NOTs on my old Mark V meter.

But make sure you have adequate training before you start.

xela3991

Patron
I see no harm in obtaining a e-meter, mainly for the experience. My recommendation is to obtain an old Mark V, in good condition, and, then to find someone to train you on its proper use.

Later on, you can always abandon the use of the meter altogether, if you wish.

Mark V:
American%20Mark%20V%20(T-3121)-600x600.JPG

You should be able to get one inexpensively.

In the mid 1980s, I audited all the lower Grade actions, Dianetics, and even some NOTs on my old Mark V meter.

But make sure you have adequate training before you start.

Could you point me in the direction of one?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Wow, great information! Thanks! So how would one audit without a meter? Any good information/training that I could do to audit without one? I'd still like to get my hands on one to complete my collection, but if auditing is better w/o one, I'd like to know how!

If you want something fairly close to Scientology, you could try the Pilot's Self-Clearing Manual (free download online at, for example, http://www.freezoneearth.org/downloads/files.html but download an item with that name). Here's a link to the PDF, but there are other options: http://www.freezoneearth.org/pub/SELF CLEARING 2004.pdf.

If you are willing to stray a bit further afield, there's a wide choice of different effective unmetered procedures linked from my signature. Again, no charge ever, but read the instructions!

Paul

-----

Paul

you are great flowing well of very good advice paul

I picked up a Mark V on ebay for 50 bucks a few years ago as a party gag, I even used it as part of a Halloween costume , I had it strapped to my chest and wired to a beer cans I was holding in each hand, only a few people were familiar with Scientology who got the joke, most people were like WTF?

xela3991

Patron
I picked up a Mark V on ebay for 50 bucks a few years ago as a party gag, I even used it as part of a Halloween costume , I had it strapped to my chest and wired to a beer cans I was holding in each hand, only a few people were familiar with Scientology who got the joke, most people were like WTF?

Omg! that is quite funny!!!

Gib

Crusader

What exactly are you trying to "audit"?

Your case?

Who told you ?

you have a "case".

And why do you believe it?

what I would suggest is that you go back to ebay - there is a meter seller there - The Tech library - and email him. Perhaps he has one that has cosmetic damage he can sell you for less. He can sell you meter drill books. He's a nice guy and is helpful. There are plenty of Indi scios in the free zone that can run you through the meter drills ( assuming you live near one)

Mimsey

xela3991

Patron
What exactly are you trying to "audit"?

Your case?

Who told you ?

you have a "case".

And why do you believe it?

I am someone who studies religions as a hobby (odd, i know). I have a library of religious information that includes hundreds of books on world religions. I acquired the basics from ebay and began reading and researching scientology. I'd like to have an e-meter for my collection and also for some personal investigation into scientology. I took a dianetics extension course from the COS and the VM courses a little while back. I would not consider myself a scientologist nor do I see myself in the future becoming one, but i like reading and researching the subject!

Gib

Crusader
I am someone who studies religions as a hobby (odd, i know). I have a library of religious information that includes hundreds of books on world religions. I acquired the basics from ebay and began reading and researching scientology. I'd like to have an e-meter for my collection and also for some personal investigation into scientology. I took a dianetics extension course from the COS and the VM courses a little while back. I would not consider myself a scientologist nor do I see myself in the future becoming one, but i like reading and researching the subject!

If I had a do-over, I wouldn't waste my time doing what you say regards scientology. It's for the most part a study of mythology as presented by hubbard and presented by hubbard as truth. Or in other words, it's a trap, that it is.

Anonycat

Crusader

It only became a (forced) religion for financial and other benefits. I wouldn't bother yourself too much. Paganism and Rastafarianism are much more popular than scientology, and those are both rich in culture, and probably time consuming studies.

notareligion.jpg

This is from today - and you tell me, who gets more hits: scientology, Tupperware, aluminum wrap, or Kid Rock?

8p8q.jpg

Gib

Crusader
It only became a (forced) religion for financial and other benefits. I wouldn't bother yourself too much. Paganism and Rastafarianism are much more popular than scientology, and those are both rich in culture, and probably time consuming studies.

notareligion.jpg

This is from today - and you tell me, who gets more hits: scientology, Tupperware, aluminum wrap, or Kid Rock?

8p8q.jpg

LOL.

The promises of Dianetics was a person could get "cleared" in 50-100 hours, or something like that.

Nowadays,

one has to read all of hubbard lectures and books called the "The Basics", and training, et al,

why it is a life long endeavour to figure out what hubbard said in his first book DMSMH.

LOL

Anonycat

Crusader
LOL.

The promises of Dianetics was a person could get "cleared" in 50-100 hours, or something like that.

Nowadays,

one has to read all of hubbard lectures and books called the "The Basics", and training, et al,

why it is a life long endeavour to figure out what hubbard said in his first book DMSMH.

LOL

Source said - We can Clear the planet within a year:

[video=youtube;JcJ-BgUCEyU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcJ-BgUCEyU[/video]

Source also informs about Space Opera:

[video=youtube;K74hnnCQkuk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K74hnnCQkuk[/video]

You know, if you take all of Hubbard's promises to clear the planet, all those fine sounding goals and purposes, and filter them with "actions speak louder than words" it becomes pretty apparent, those words were meaningless, other than to inspire idealists, and bring them in to be fleeced. If DM and the Ronster really wanted to Clear the Planet, they would have priced the materials and training for mass consumption, and driven thousands into the orgs weekly. No, I doubt Hubbard ever wanted true expansion - he wanted the illusion of expansion to keep the fish on the hook. DM's game plan seems to be - Flashy upstat orgs to give the whales the illusion of expansion, thus they keep paying for the ideal orgs and the IAS.

The clearing and OT tech, etc, some of which is workable, some not, when seen through the filter: results speak louder than praise, we find is window dressing, is bait where it works, and is the cement that belief in Scientology's workability hinges on. Hubbard's definition of reality is: what is real for you is real. Interestingly, it is actually the definition of belief, not reality.

So, exla3991, is there anything else you need to know about Scientology that isn't explained by the above?

Mimsey