What's new

Hi, I'm Reuben Hart. I was in the Smirch of Sinusology from 1970 to 1983.

annnonymous

Hi Reuben. I lost track of you after Dan Linker disappeared. I see you got up to Vancouver. You used to come to my apartment and play with Reed.

Good seeing you're still alive.

Do you have an email address?

Bob

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Thanks Pooks. I'd like to exhange emails. What about it? I'm at [email protected]

Hi Reuben. I lost track of you after Dan Linker disappeared. I see you got up to Vancouver. You used to come to my apartment and play with Reed.

Good seeing you're still alive.

Do you have an email address?

Bob

As Panda said Bob, but that addy^^^up there might still work, old thread is old.
And oh, :welcome: to ESMB :cheers:

lkwdblds

Crusader
As Panda said Bob, but that addy^^^up there might still work, old thread is old.
And oh, :welcome: to ESMB :cheers:

Hi, I am Reuben's brother but we are now totally estranged. I used to meet with him and Dan Linker at "New York George's Restaurant" and tell jokes, mostly Jewish jokes. Reuben was the funniest and Dan the second funniest and I was in 3rd place. He lives in Tuscon, Arizona. I just Googled his name in Tuscon and instantly his name and address came up on the screen. There was no phone number but if you want to get in touch with him you could send some snail mail to his address with your contact info and if he is interest in communicating with you, he will probably reply.

The last time I saw Dan Linker was around 1983. He had a classic Ford Thunderbird, about vintage 1966 in absolute mint comdition, and was an executive at some health food manufacturing company which is still in business. I think it was called Nature Way or Health Valley or something along those lines. They make health bars, organic cereals and things like that and I still see their products for sale in the health food stores. This was 30 years ago so who knows if he is still around. He was really into being Jewish, even while he was very gung ho on Scientology. On the Sabbath he would actually go to early services at his Jewish Temple before showing up for course at 9:00 AM at ASHO.
Lakey

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Why was Rueben banned from exmb? What did he do? He was hysterical
He repeatedly violated the "Don't be an asshole!" rule-of-thumb, as far as I remember, then got all huffy about being asked to tone the racial/ethnic/personal slurs down. He was probably unbanned in the recent Emmanesty but I don't hold out much hope for a Reformed Reuben re-appearing any time soon.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
He repeatedly violated the "Don't be an asshole!" rule-of-thumb, as far as I remember, then got all huffy about being asked to tone the racial/ethnic/personal slurs down. He was probably unbanned in the recent Emmanesty but I don't hold out much hope for a Reformed Reuben re-appearing any time soon.

I'm inclined to agree there Panda

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator

Naah, even as filled as I was with "peace & love to all mankind" that day, I couldn't bring myself to unban that cretin.

RogerB

Crusader
Naah, even as filled as I was with "peace & love to all mankind" that day, I couldn't bring myself to unban that cretin.

I'll go along with that . . . fact is, as I wrote at various times while he was here about, he willfully lied and committed destructive acts. The whole parade of his being and doing is simply best left at this point.

Rogerb

lkwdblds

Crusader
I'll go along with that . . . fact is, as I wrote at various times while he was here about, he willfully lied and committed destructive acts. The whole parade of his being and doing is simply best left at this point.

Rogerb

Sad but true! It was with a heavy heart that I was forced to abandon the relationship but there is really no other rational alternative. His talents, skill at languages and dialects, joke telling ability and knowledge of cultures from all corners of the Earth were a wonder to behold plus he was a fine writer in the areas of children's novels and sci-fi and was terrific as an emcee at events and as a stand up comic and was he also a fine actor in stage plays in high school and community college not to mention Civic theatres in Glendale, CA and Fullerton, CA. where he also acted. To me, his talents were on a par with those of Danny Kaye, American actor and comedian and he and Danny even looked somewhat similar and had similar blood lines.

What Roger says above is completely correct but I just wanted to mention a few of his good points before I sign off and take leave of him for the last time.....
Lakey

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
We all, in varying degrees, seem to each have a mixture of our own good points/ not so good points as we go along - hopefully doing better as we learn better.

Reuben seemed to me to be working his way through - or into - something, but, there came the time with him when it got to just do a "Bless and Release".

The moderators have very tough calls to make & pretty much thankless job of keeping the board working for all.