What's new

OT 8 parents declared Suppressive Persons for refusing to disconnect from son

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
EDITED TO ADD LEAK: THE VICTIMS ARE SHELDON GOLDBERG AND HIS WIFE. AMONG OTHERS, THEY ARE BEING DISCONNECTED FROM THEIR AUTISTIC GRANDDAUGHTER.

Milestone Two: Natter
https://milestonetwo.wordpress.com/2013/08/04/natter/

Excerpts:
In the last week two OT VIII’s who have been active with the Church in Florida were declared suppressive. The story just grates hard on the nerves and good nature of Scientologists and Scientology. This couple have a son, who had been declared SP as he had been in touch with, or failed to disconnect with someone, who had been in touch with Mike Rinder. They were then given the order to disconnect from their son. They refused. Long story short, this last week they were declared Suppressive Persons and their daughter (and granddaughter) subsequently disconnected from her parents.
The couple in question posted on Facebook what had occurred, giving a factual account of the sequence of events, and how they were forced to make ‘Sophie’s Choice” and choose between their son or their daughter. They give details of their heartbreak and of the dilemma (problem) the church created for them, which did not have to occur or exist at all.

One of their “friends” on Facebook (who I am sure has since disconnected) stated “If you really wanted to handle it – you know this is not the way! It’s covered in the justice policies. Nattering and disavowing on FB is not the path. I guess you have made your choice.”
EDITED TO ADD LEAK: THE VICTIMS ARE SHELDON GOLDBERG AND HIS WIFE. AMONG OTHERS, THEY ARE BEING DISCONNECTED FROM THEIR AUTISTIC GRANDDAUGHTER.

Sheldon Goldberg

45 minutes ago

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

Last week, my beautiful wife and I, after spending 40 years in the Church of Scientology and having both reached the highest
level available - known as OT VIII, were declared to be "Suppressive Persons" (essentially saying we are sociopaths) and were excommunicated for our unwillingness to "disconnect" from her son(my stepson). A year ago we were essentially given "Sophia's choice" - "which one of your children do you want to stay connected to?"

Within an hour of being so declared, my step-daughter disconnected from us and is not allowing us to see our autistic granddaughter.

We are very concerned about Gaby's well being as both Sara and I were very close to her. She is a total sweetheart and
I feel terrible about her no longer being able to see her Nanna or G-Pa.

CHURCHES SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO BREAK UP FAMILIES LIKE THIS!

The Church of Scientology vehemently denies they cause disconnections. I assure you they are lying. You are given a choice, either disconnect or we will ex-communicate you - which they in fact just did to us.

Besides losing my step-daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter - all of our friends that we have made in the last 40 years that remain in the church discarded us in a heartbeat.

View 1 more comment

Aviv Bershadsky Dear Sheldon, I'm sorry to hear that. I've been myself in a similar situation. Church of Scientology became a suppressive group by definition which is to say a group of sociopaths:) I think, Will Smith said once that, you never really lose friends, you just find who your real friends are. I learnt it to be the truth. Keep strong Sheldon. I'm with you.
24 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Annette Jonsson If you really wanted to handle it - you know this is not the way! It's covered in the justice policies. Nattering and disavowing on FB is not the path. I guess you have made your choice.
20 minutes ago · Like

Gayle Smith Sara and Sheldon, The church of scientology as lead by a morally and spiritually corrupt david miscavige is guilty of crimes against humanity. The lie they like to put in to print the "disconnection is a choice" is so despicable. No one believes it....See More
19 minutes ago · Edited · Like

Evelyn Messinger So sorry to hear this Sheldon. I always have admired you for staying connected to old friends (like me and Roberta) even though most Scientologists I have been friends with disconnected long ago. Maybe this anguish will help them change this policy. Good luck.

Last edited:

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors
I read the link above and wish they had said who this OT VIII couple is. I contacted Tony Ortega and Mike Rinder to see if they had heard or reached them to get this story out on public lines. Tony contacted them but apparently they don't want to go public any further than that Facebook posting right now. Bummer.

This is exactly the sort of thing "Karen Pow-Wow" is currently saying Cof$ is not doing, so getting their story out on public lines right now would be quite hot. If anyone has personal comm lines to these OT VIIIs, please encourage them to change their mind and get their story out.

Last edited:

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well all I have to say is THAT IS SCIENTOLOGY no surprises.

We also made a choice between saving our daughter Jordi with the high possibility of being disconnected my daughter, Jordi's half sister, and true to form the cult worked on Fiona to disconnect and still to this day works on Fiona family (on her father's side) to disconnect from us. With no success to date ... aye Wayne... :biggrin:

To make the choice was not an easy decision at all; to do what we did and rescue Jordi from the SO here in Oz by demanding the SO release our daughter was something we thought long and hard about before we actually made the move.

Now with Jordi being out over 4 years, we know it was the right decision, we at least have one daughter who loves us just the way we are and is so appreciative of what we did and we are equally appreciative of our girl she brings so much sunshine into our lives.

Making the decision that we did also provided the avenue to research what a suppressive organisation the CoS is with the result of stepping right away from the cult. And that my friends is fantastic. :yes::yes:

So my heart feels heavy for the OTVIII's but they will get through it and some day, like many of us, may have the opportunity to reconnect with their loved ones.

The one's that disconnected made the decision, albeit heavily influenced by the cult, to abandon their families but some day they may have to reconcile their decisions and make the brave move to connect up ... the ball is in their court.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
IN CASE ANYONE MISSED THE LEAK EDIT ABOVE: THE VICTIMS ARE SHELDON GOLDBERG AND HIS WIFE. AMONG OTHERS, THEY ARE BEING DISCONNECTED FROM THEIR AUTISTIC GRANDDAUGHTER.

Sheldon Goldberg

45 minutes ago

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

Last week, my beautiful wife and I, after spending 40 years in the Church of Scientology and having both reached the highest
level available - known as OT VIII, were declared to be "Suppressive Persons" (essentially saying we are sociopaths) and were excommunicated for our unwillingness to "disconnect" from her son(my stepson). A year ago we were essentially given "Sophia's choice" - "which one of your children do you want to stay connected to?"

Within an hour of being so declared, my step-daughter disconnected from us and is not allowing us to see our autistic granddaughter.

We are very concerned about Gaby's well being as both Sara and I were very close to her. She is a total sweetheart and

The Church of Scientology vehemently denies they cause disconnections. I assure you they are lying. You are given a choice, either disconnect or we will ex-communicate you - which they in fact just did to us.

Besides losing my step-daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter - all of our friends that we have made in the last 40 years that remain in the church discarded us in a heartbeat.

View 1 more comment

Aviv Bershadsky Dear Sheldon, I'm sorry to hear that. I've been myself in a similar situation. Church of Scientology became a suppressive group by definition which is to say a group of sociopaths:) I think, Will Smith said once that, you never really lose friends, you just find who your real friends are. I learnt it to be the truth. Keep strong Sheldon. I'm with you.

Annette Jonsson If you really wanted to handle it - you know this is not the way! It's covered in the justice policies. Nattering and disavowing on FB is not the path. I guess you have made your choice.
20 minutes ago · Like

Gayle Smith Sara and Sheldon, The church of scientology as lead by a morally and spiritually corrupt david miscavige is guilty of crimes against humanity. The lie they like to put in to print the "disconnection is a choice" is so despicable. No one believes it....See More

Evelyn Messinger So sorry to hear this Sheldon. I always have admired you for staying connected to old friends (like me and Roberta) even though most Scientologists I have been friends with disconnected long ago. Maybe this anguish will help them change this policy. Good luck.

kate8024

-deleted-
It amazes me that the church excommunicates an OT over such things. I can understand if they did something criminal (I mean wog-world criminal, like murder or child molestation or something) in the name of the church or at an org or something but to me excommunicating an OT is like excommunicating a priest in a Christian church and an OT 8 might be more like excommunicating a bishop or something.

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
It amazes me that the church excommunicates an OT over such things. I can understand if they did something criminal (I mean wog-world criminal, like murder or child molestation or something) in the name of the church or at an org or something but to me excommunicating an OT is like excommunicating a priest in a Christian church and an OT 8 might be more like excommunicating a bishop or something.

OT or not OT is not the issue, it doesn't really matter about the levels one has achieved in the CoS . The whole issue of disconnection is designed to control those still in and to show those who have chosen to step away that the cult can still manipulate, influence and harm you emotionally by using the knife that cuts the deepest ... the one right into the heart of a family. It's a form of emotional blackmail and the cult is masterful at it and is evil to the core....

kate8024

-deleted-
OT or not OT is not the issue, it doesn't really matter about the levels one has achieved in the CoS . The whole issue of disconnection is designed to control those still in and to show those who have chosen to step away that the cult can still manipulate, influence and harm you emotionally by using the knife that cuts the deepest ... the one right into the heart of a family. It's a form of emotional blackmail and the cult is masterful at it and is evil to the core....

Oh I'm not defending the practice of disconnection by any stretch of the imagination. Its a horrible practice no matter what religion is doing it.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

I find your use of the word CHURCH to describe this abomination, offensive.

"An individual processed with the aid of the E-meter was said to reach the intended goal of "clear" and was led to believe there was reliable scientific proof that once cleared many, indeed most illnesses would automatically be cured. Auditing was guaranteed to be successful. All this was and is false -- in short, a fraud. " Federal District Judge Gesell 333 F. Supp. 357; 1971 U.S. Dist

"Its bogus claims to believe in prayer and other aspects of a creed based on a divine being, were " no more than a mockery of religion. Scientology as practiced is in reality the antithesis of a religion" Supreme Court Justice Crockett - Australia 1980

More here

I personally consider those who prefer to use that word, if they are new to the subject, naive perhaps, but otherwise I consider it a symptom of ignorance, if willfull, then a symptom of OSA.

Arnie Lerma

Anonycat

Crusader

The Mafia knew and utilized exactly that - they let it be known they will kill your spouse and children if it comes to that. They attack the most sacred thing to a person. Their loved ones.

Anonycat

Crusader
Oh I'm not defending the practice of disconnection by any stretch of the imagination. Its a horrible practice no matter what religion is doing it.

You really love the go-to of: (insert criticism of scientology) - all religions are like that.

kate8024

-deleted-
I find your use of the word CHURCH to describe this abomination, offensive.

We've already had many hours of discussion on this subject in these forums, I'm certainly not about to have that fight again here. In this case I used the word church simply to make it clear that I was talking about the organization known as The Church of Scientology and not potentially some other group, such as an indie or freezone group.

Anonycat

Crusader
We've already had many hours of discussion on this subject in these forums, I'm certainly not about to have that fight again here. In this case I used the word church simply to make it clear that I was talking about the organization known as The Church of Scientology and not potentially some other group, such as an indie or freezone group.

I thought only the official cult of scientology was disconnecting. And disconnecting OTs.

Veda

Sponsor

Have you tried using "corporate Scientology," "the Scientology organization," or "Scientology Inc." ?

It seems that every trick in the book is being used to condition people to identify Scientology Inc. as a "religion," even going so far as implying that people who disagree with that identification are neurotic, irrational, or even "anti-religion," and simply hate the word "Church." This is a "lower gradient" than would be used by admitted Corporate Scientologists, who would describe such uncooperative people as "disgruntled apostates," or "ethics cases," "no case gain cases," and "by-passed charge cases."

It's interesting to watch the handful - actually it's fewer than a handful - of people who are circling the "Scientology's a religion" wagon, so to speak, on this issue, as two recent arrivals at the MB repeatedly tell us that Scientology "is a religion, is a religion, is a religion," either through direct argument, or by casually slipping in that idea in almost any discussion.

Hubbard described this type of action as "installing a stimulus response mechanism" in the "homo saps," and strongly recommended it be used.

svonhatten

Patron with Honors

Milestone Two: Natter
https://milestonetwo.wordpress.com/2013/08/04/natter/

Excerpts: EDITED TO ADD LEAK: THE VICTIMS ARE SHELDON GOLDBERG AND HIS WIFE. AMONG OTHERS, THEY ARE BEING DISCONNECTED FROM THEIR AUTISTIC GRANDDAUGHTER.

Sheldon Goldberg

45 minutes ago

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

View 1 more comment

20 minutes ago · Like

This is absolutely awful. I feel really bad that this is happening to them and my heart goes out to them. Watching a family fall apart because of Scientology hurts. :bigcry:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Have you tried using "corporate Scientology," "the Scientology organization," or "Scientology Inc." ?

It seems that every trick in the book is being used to condition people to identify Scientology Inc. as a "religion," even going so far as implying that people who disagree with that identification are neurotic, irrational, or even "anti-religion," and simply hate the word "Church." This is a "lower gradient" than would be used by admitted Corporate Scientologists, who would describe such uncooperative people as "disgruntled apostates," or "ethics cases," "no case gain cases," and "by-passed charge cases."

It's interesting to watch the handful - actually it's fewer than a handful - of people who are circling the "Scientology's a religion" wagon, so to speak, on this issue, as two recent arrivals at the MB repeatedly tell us that Scientology "is a religion, is a religion, is a religion," either through direct argument, or by casually slipping in that idea in almost any discussion.

Hubbard described this type of action as "installing a stimulus response mechanism" in the "homo saps," and strongly recommended it be used.

Decades ago OSA used to not be able to say XENU, that changed over the years.. Now it appears that the religious cloaking line IS THE LINE...

It is the last line of defense by Scientology that prevents David Miscavige, whom *I* believe knows he is perpetrating a fraud, from going to jail for the rest of his life, it is really that simple...

It is also covered in this thread on propaganda techniques LINK

Arnie Lerma
Lermanet.com Exposing the CON since 1994

When I hear the word "church" used with $cientology this is what I think of Reading "Andre Tabayoyan's affidavit in 1994

"29. Church monies were used to purchase semi-automatic assault rifles (HK 91 assault rifles capable of firing 300-350 rounds of ammunition a minute, 45 caliber pistols, .380 automatic weapons and twelve gauge shotguns were stockpiled. These weapons were not registered. Church monies were also used to buy the ammunition.

30. Church monies were also used to purchase a large amount of pounds of gunpowder for the construction of various types of explosive devices to be used in the defense of the base."

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Its a disgrace that the cult is (still) doing this and I'm a bit surprised they would boot people of such a 'high level' and of such long standing (from the PR viewpoint) ... maybe some good will come out of this one though because they are 'OT VIII' and have been in the cult for 40 years and a lot of people will know of them and may wake up and make a run for the door when they hear that they are now 'SPs'.

:melodramatic:

I do wonder how much of this silliness it will take for some of these people to face the truth about the con, it's almost as if they don't think disconnection will ever happen to their family, so apparently they continue to pretend they are special until it does ... and then they're shocked.

I don't usually feel like this when I hear about disconnections but I'm finding it hard to feel too much sympathy today ... these people have supported this insanity for 40 years!

I do feel very sad for the granddaughter and the kids that were dragged into the world of crazy.

Veda

Sponsor
Some background, for curious lurkers, on Scientology Inc.'s contempt for families, and abuse of families and children:

Hana Eltringham Whitfield: "There were secretive flights to New York from the ship by Hubbard aides and others for abortions either condoned or ordered by Hubbard... Women who became pregnant did not want to be sent off the ship so they chose, in some cases, to have the abortions and, in some cases, Hubbard ordered them to have abortions".

Interviewer: "So the issue of forced abortions is not new?..."

Hana: "No, it's not new. It existed on board the Royal Scotman."

This is from 1:48 - 3:06, in part four of a six part interview with Hana Eltringham Whitfield.

In this segment, Hana also discusses the death of Susan Meister and the cover up by Hubbard. Also discussed are the scandalous conditions in the children's nursery at the Fort Harrison (Flag Land Base) in 1975, 1976, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAhyNmwI6UI

From the 1952 Philadelphia Doctorate Course:

"We mustn't mention this because, God help us, there goes the moral code. Penicillin took out the disease level and now... [a person] can take a couple of beams of energy.... and terminate a pregnancy. Nothing wild or forceful or upsetting or anything like that. Just make sure the tube opens. It's very simple. There are muscles and so forth that contract and expand at a certain period every month, and that sort of thing."

Gleefully, Hubbard continued:

"Pregnancies that have been as much as three months advanced have been terminated that way... Isn't this fascinating? So you've got something like birth control sitting right there in theta clearing... It's just deadly. One, two, three!"

1952, 'PDC' lecture. Hubbard explains how wonderful it is that OTs can now induce abortions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI71dkquCEE

And, from a precept from 'The Way to Happiness' "moral code" booklet, written, in 1980, as PR cover while Hubbard was in hiding after the exposure of his amoral, immoral, and criminal teachings and activities:

On the topic of sex, in 'TWTH', one precept advises against promiscuity, explaining that, "A 'feeling of guilt' is no where near as sharp as ground glass in the soup."

Note that "feeling of guilt" is in quotes.

__________​

As early as 1951, Hubbard had spoken dismissively of "conscience." In the lecture, 'Cause on All Dynamics', he said:

"What is conscience? It is simply a negating against your own, not somebody else's, causes. If there is such a thing as conscience, it would be that...

"Now, you want to know anytime in your life when you have felt guilty... you go back earlier and find the postulate that you are guilty of disobeying [and erase the postulate]."

_________​

Hubbard expressed the idea of being free of the "impediment" of conscience more simply, during a ('PDC') lecture in 1952:

"Never be the effect of your own cause."

_________​

And on the family:

"The GE [Genetic Entity] is a family man. The GE is lost without the family. It's very strange but Homo Sap is a family unit. The GE is built on that basis...

"And your thetan, by the way, can much more easily go into a group. Families are not good groups."

From 10 December 1952, PDC lecture series.

So much of what is occurring in Scientology today is an echo of what happened - under Hubbard - in the past.

__________​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp6uh_mKLbA

More from video #4 of Hana, beginning at 3:50:

"There was Susan Meister's so-called suicide... and there was her body being shipped back to the United States in a sealed coffin because of a cholera scare in Morocco.

"Well, there was no cholera scare in Morocco.

"There was simply a PR - what was simply a cover-up, ordered by Hubbard because he did not want Susan's family in the United States to be able to open the casket and to look at the body, and to have their own autopsy done, and come to their own conclusions as to how she died.

"And to prevent that from happening he [Hubbard] dreamed up a cholera scare... managed to convince the... authorities to seal the casket...

"And it was just a cover-up.

"Twenty years later, ... the father, Mr. Meister, called Jerry and myself, his voice breaking, pleading for help. He was still searching for information on exactly what happened to his daughter."

_________​

The 12 February 1967 Policy Letter 'Admin Know-How, the Responsibility of Leaders' -a.k.a. The Bolivar Policy Letter:

"[The power asks] 'What are those dead bodies doing at the door'. And if you [the subordinate] are clever, you never let it be known HE [the power] killed them - that weakens you and also hurts the power source. 'Well, boss about all those dead bodies, nobody at all will suppose you did it. She over there, those pink legs sticking out, didn't like me'. 'Well', he'll say if he really is a power, 'Why are you bothering me with it if it's done and you did it. Where's my blue ink?...

"...always push power in the direction of anyone on whose power you depend. It may be more money for the power, or more ease, or a snarling defense of the power to the critic, or even the dull thud of one of his enemies in the dark, or the glorious blaze of a whole enemy camp as a birthday surprise...

"...Real powers are developed by tight conspiracies of this kind... and if they are right and also manage their man [the power] and keep him from collapsing from overwork, bad temper or bad data, a kind of juggernaut builds up."

http://www.xenu-directory.net/victims/meister1.html

A bullet hole in the middle of her forehead, but no powder burns.

__________​

And, then there's Hubbard's peculiar attitude towards "boys" in this 1950s lecture. Make of this what you will...

Note Hubbard's ridiculing&dismissive attitude toward sex with little boys at 1:17 - 1:34, and at 3:04 - 3:12:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeMQIO3TgyM

__________​

And then there's this ditty from 'Mission Earth' volume 9; 'Villainy Victorious':

Oh, a soldier's life is the life for me;
Tuma-a -diddle; tuma-a-diddle, paw-pata
In camp and plain, I'm always free
To tuma-diddle, tuma-diddle, paw-paw~
No women ever spoil my view
With tuma-diddle, tuma-diddle, paw-pam
They're always wanting something new
Not tuma-diddle; tuma-diddle, paw-pam
For it is the men that I enjoy
To tuma-diddle, tuma-diddle, paw-pav.~
The best there is I find is boy!
Oh, tuma-diddle, tuma-diddle; paw-pam
The enemy I do not mind
If tuma-diddle, tuma-diddl4 paw-paw
Can go on in my behind
With tuma-diddle; tuma-diddle, paw-pa~
And if my bunkmates all are kind
With tuma-diddle, tuma-diddle, paw-pam
Surrounded by ten thousand (bleeps)
That tuma-diddle, tuma-diddle, paw-pa~
All passionate and hard as rocks
To tuma-diddle, tuma-diddle, paw-pazt~
Eager to slide in my buttocks
And tuma-diddle, tuma-diddle, paw-paw!
So (bleep), (bleep), (bleep) and (bleep) in me!
Tuma-diddle, tuma-diddl4 paw-pam
And let me (bleep) and (bleep) in thee
With tuma-diddle, tuma-diddk, paw-pam
Oh, what a love-ul-lee Arm-ee!
With its tuma-diddle, tuma-diddle;
OH! BOY!

In case anyone is wondering what Hubbard was thinking about, instead of working on writing up those upper OT levels that he promised all those years.

__________​

From Hubbard's gleeful affirming of the ease of abortions, to his disdain of "Homo Saps" and their preoccupation with families, to the inferiority of the family unit as a group, to his 'Pain and Sex' HCOB, the seeds of what would happen, later, were planted by Scientology's founder long before.

Apparently, the Sea Org swung from infant&child neglect and abuse to a prohibition on having babies. The abuse of children in the Sea Org began with Hubbard ordering stern punishment and confinement of children who were regarded as misbehaving on the "Flagship," on which he was the "Commodore," then there was his encouragement that children be inducted into the Sea Org as young as 12, or younger, including as his personal servants.

Child care at Sea Org facilities in the 1970s, by most accounts, was certainly not good, and in 1974, Hubbard even came up with the Children's RPF. As early as 1961 there was a Children's Security Check for ages 6 - 12. Apparently, after 12, the child - an "ancient thetan in a little body" - would be eligible for an adult Security Check.

Adult (over age 12) Sec Check is 2nd one down: http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/isd/isd-5i.htm

__________​

L. Ron Hubbard established the Children's RPF in 1976:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW8ZqGSkXjI

__________​

Here's the Sec Check for Children, written by L Ron Hubbard.

HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex
HCO BULLETIN OF 21 SEPTEMBER 1961
[/CENTER]

Franchise
SECURITY CHECK CHILDREN

HCO WW Security Form 8

The following is a processing check for use on children.
Be sure the child can understand the question. Rephrase it so he or she
can understand it. The first question is the most potent.

Children's Security Check

Ages 6 -- 12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMmnBXcYN9Q

__________​

As usual, Scientology surrounds itself with a protective "defense" perimeter, from giant crosses on its "Churches," to photographs of happy, wholesome, families, and there's plenty of Hubbardian PR verbiage to accompany it.

laweekly-cover-small.jpg

_________​

The "Cancellation" of Disconnection of 1968 was a PR handling, and the HCOPL re. that cancellation is an example of "Policy" being used as PR to mislead - in essence fake or display policy - much like the sham "Cancellation" of Fair Game which occurred at the same time.

Recently, even Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder have stated that Disconnection was never discontinued, and have also explained that the re-affirming of Disconnection, in the early 1980s - amidst an ongoing Scientology schism which had some naive people citing the faux (never actually implemented) 1968 "cancellation" of Disconnection - was by order of L. Ron Hubbard.

From Tony Ortega's blog, from last year:

Xenu in reply to Sketto:

Since I worked for HCO [Hubbard Communications Office] during the 1970s, I'd thought I'd chime in with what I personally witnessed during those years.

Hubbard actually did cancel disconnection, after Australia had cracked down, and New Zealand was on the verge of outlawing the cult. Not only did he cancel disconnection, but he also banned Fair Game, sec checks, and the recording of what went on in auditing sessions. Way cool, huh?

The only problem was that the policy letter cancelling those things was only issued to the New Zealand government commission that was considering the banning of Scientology.
[note: It was also mentioned in a few other places, such a PR book written for Scientology, and, and there was a show made of displaying Hubbard's 1968 faux "Reform Code" for "wogs" and "raw meat."]

I oversaw a ton of disconnection during the 1970s, and had to disconnect from a couple of people myself. I personally saw that they continued to happen at major Class IV [now called Class V] and SO [Sea Org] orgs just as they always had. Nothing changed... Sec checks and Fair Game continued, despite the wholly disingenuous sham of policy change.

Andre Tabayoyon, and various other poster here, who were in HCO in the '70s, can easily vouch for me on this

Here's some more from Xenu over at Tony O's at the Village Voice:

...Hubbard was getting a lot of PR flack over disconnection, so he wrote a policy which would help PR a lot without changing anything significant. I'm sure it was meant to be misunderstood by outsiders...

The policy did NOT cancel disconnection, rather it said that 'disconnection as a condition' was cancelled. Now, one might well ask, WTF is 'disconnection as a condition'?

If you dig through some ancient ethics folders, you would find that they would often explicitly state that the subject of the ethics order was to disconnect from one or more other parties who would be named in the ethics order, and that reinstatement to good standing would not happen until that had been done. THAT was disconnection as a condition.

So we stopped naming names of people to be disconnected from in ethics orders. Instead, Type A PTS would be told that they had to handle or disconnect, and if handling was impossible, well, too bad! And people still had to disconnect from SPs... the Nov '68 policy had no real impact other than PR.

Here's a little more background: From Volume One of the OEC Course, HCO Division, a.k.a. a Green Volume, from 1974, HCOPL dated 23 December 1965, 'Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists', and on page two of that HCOPL there is a list of suppressive acts over forty lines long - most of the page.

"Suppressive acts are defined as actions or omissions undertaken to knowingly suppress, reduce, or impede Scientology or Scientologists...

"[Such suppressive acts include] public disavowal of Scientology... public statements against Scientology.

"[Suppressive acts also include] continued membership in a divergent group; continued adherence to a Suppressive Person or group pronounced a Suppressive Person or group by HCO; failure to handle or disavow or disconnect from a person demonstrably guilty of suppressive acts; being at the hire of anti-Scientology groups or persons...
"

Disconnection - as is the essence of Fair Game - has been part of the Scientology Philosophy since 1951. Ref.: the book, 'Science of Survival'.

With Scientology solidifying its identity as a "Church" and a "religion" - by both overt and covert actions and, of course, through the use of "dupes" - it becomes less and less likely that such abuses as Disconnection will cease.