What's new

Jessica Anne Feshbach (Davis) now a realtor in Austin, Texas?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Gotta ask...what is it with ex-SO and real estate?

I could probably name fifteen ex-staff off the top of my head who got into real estate after they got out. Especially staff who were high up the food chain. Ronnie and Bitty Miscavige, Terry Gamboa (and the whole Las Vegas group), Sarah Blythe-Mortland, Karen Jentzsch, Alison Andrus. I know there are others...

Any theories? I have a few but would like to hear other's opinions.

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors

I could probably name fifteen ex-staff off the top of my head who got into real estate after they got out. Especially staff who were high up the food chain. Ronnie and Bitty Miscavige, Terry Gamboa (and the whole Las Vegas group), Sarah Blythe-Mortland, Karen Jentzsch, Alison Andrus. I know there are others...

My theory is that many believe real estate to be easy-ish money for little actual work and there aren't any real requisite skills. The real estate license test is so easy that every bubble headed bleach blonde in California thought they could make easy money this way (I think I saw that as a story line in too many reality shit shows) during the housing boom.

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron

You and me both, but for now I will keep my theories to myself.

I am still working on something that I aim to prove, tangible evidence is hard to prove until someone slips up, and they will. It's all about buttons.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Real estate becomes a sure thing, if you have enough securely controlled players to jack up the assessed value of a property by buying it a few times, passing it around, flipping it a few times amongst themselves (conspiracy to defraud a lending institution, a criminal felony) to make a bank think it is worth more than it is, then you mortgage the property to the hilt based on the contrived increased (and now) perceived (by the bank) value...

and you walk away...

everybody gets paid!

everyone 'donates' to the "church"

A $cientologists only God is money...

everyone wins!

As long as no one connects the dots

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
My theory is that many believe real estate to be easy-ish money for little actual work and there aren't any real requisite skills. The real estate license test is so easy that every bubble headed bleach blonde in California thought they could make easy money this way (I think I saw that as a story line in too many reality shit shows) during the housing boom.

That's something along the lines of what I was thinking.

There's something that runs through Scientology - especially in the OT community - that you "create" money. Like you can make it materialize out of thin air. If you think about it, the big time OTs that were admired were not usually carpenters or electricians. They were the Feshbachs and the Richie Acuntos and the Reed Slatkins that got rich with some kind of creative financing. It used to seem to me that you were considered kind of a failure if you actually had to work for what you made.

I could see where ex-staff would get that mindset.

Sharone Stainforth

Real estate becomes a sure thing, if you have enough securely controlled players to jack up the assessed value of a property by buying it a few times, passing it around, flipping it a few times amongst themselves (conspiracy to defraud a lending institution, a criminal felony) to make a bank think it is worth more than it is, then you mortgage the property to the hilt based on the contrived increased (and now) perceived (by the bank) value...

and you walk away...

everybody gets paid!

everyone 'donates' to the "church"

A $cientologists only God is money...

everyone wins!

As long as no one connects the dots

By the time I walk away every single dot will be connected, if I say so myself, as a very young kid I was good at connecting dots.

No dot will be left unturned, not one.

I don't know any of the names that you mentioned.

But in terms of Mrs. Davis, it is a profitable job for "People Like Us"

rich, tasteful, white collar, tennis bracelets, personable, socially correct

The "work" involves playing golf, going out for drinks, looking at houses and saying, "how lovely"

You have a prestigious job that requires you go to a week end seminar on how to pass the real estate exam, and you own or lease a prestigious car. Big whoop!

No college. No real skills, other than people skills.

2-3% of a million dollars is not chump change.

sell a few houses and you pay the rent pretty easily.

BTW:in the interests of full disclosure: I am a general contractor and a Realtor. We do property management.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

I suspect alot of it is that they, generally, don't have to answer to anyone... they are the drivers of their own careers. I suppose many believe they can apply the skill-sets they gained in the cult to their entrepreneurial efforts, just as some Indies & FZs have developed careers as auditors.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I beg to differ. Selling real estate is hard work for most. Especially in this economy. Most experienced scientologists leaving the SO have the advantage of experience in 'making it go right' under extreme pressure, some even twisting arms to get their job done. They are stat driven. But these 'skills' are not always so helpful in selling real estate. They have to learn to deal with 'wogs'. It's a big reality adjustment for many.

Getting a salary with no hopes of being rewarded for being upstat on a regular basis is probably considered too restricting for a scientologist. Sales jobs are the way to keep the stats going up. The potential. So is selling rugs or crappy art. Just depends on the self perceived 'havingness' of the person.

I would not like to be a real estate sales person right now. No predictability and very few sales without a compromise in sale price and commission.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I beg to differ. Selling real estate is hard work for most. Especially in this economy. Most experienced scientologists leaving the SO have the advantage of experience in 'making it go right' under extreme pressure, some even twisting arms to get their job done. They are stat driven. But these 'skills' are not always so helpful in selling real estate. They have to learn to deal with 'wogs'. It's a big reality adjustment for many.

I agree with you for the most part. My perception is that some of the people who went into real estate after the SO were kind of in the "higher SO class" to begin with, may have originally came from money, and actually did quite a bit of dealing with the outside world when they were in. Ronnie Miscavige was MEI and worked in corporate America, IIRC, before the SO. Terry Gamboa was the ED ASI and dealt with "wogs" as part of her job. Terry not only had a high class job in the SO; my understanding is that she left with quite a bit of money. Kind of a different reality than most of us had.

Getting a salary with no hopes of being rewarded for being upstat on a regular basis is probably considered too restricting for a scientologist. Sales jobs are the way to keep the stats going up. The potential. So is selling rugs or crappy art. Just depends on the self perceived 'havingness' of the person.

I agree with you again, and unfortunately this is what hooks a lot of people who just get out into the "Scientology business" world, which, IMO, is close to as bad as being on staff. These businesses seem to mostly be run on some kind of stat/commission basis. So the poor sucker leaves staff where he wasn't getting paid to some business owned by some jerkoff "OT" where he also isn't getting paid.

I would not like to be a real estate sales person right now. No predictability and very few sales without a compromise in sale price and commission.

I guess it depends. I'm sure there are real estate people who are doing OK.

I have always worked in "wog" jobs on salary since I got out of the SO. I feel like I was very lucky because I blew so never even thought about getting integrated into the "Scientology community". I am so glad I never got sucked into any of that.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious

Other than sales being a natural for any Scientologist, I think it is helpful for a real estate agent selling homes to wealthy people to be wealthy themselves and have a million dollar home themselves, which in Austin, buys a lot of house. Rich people understand each other, or feel they have something in common -- money -- and usually they think they have good taste, when in reality they usually share a lack of good taste, and have to rely on professionals to do things like decorate their homes. For example, did you know that some wealthy people will hire a decorator to decorate their home for Christmas? LOL.

It's got to be a difficult market, but Jessica is probably doing this just to do something.

In Austin, Tommy and Jessica could probably trade off their Hollywood connections, in a field like Real Estate, although one can't help but think if they were to do that, a simple Google search could reveal embarrassing details about either of them -- that Tommy was a spokeshole for the cult and Jessica was a handler for Katie Holmes.

The californication of Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Texas heated up during the real estate boom, when California real estate became even more ridiculous, so Jessica might sell to other California people, where their million dollars goes three times as far as it did in LA. A lot of California people aren't so much into the Texas schtick either -- you know, wagon wheel chandeliers and things made out of animal parts.

Even if she doesn't sell anything, real estate can keep her busy and feeling purposeful.

BunnySkull

Other than sales being a natural for any Scientologist, I think it is helpful for a real estate agent selling homes to wealthy people to be wealthy themselves and have a million dollar home themselves, which in Austin, buys a lot of house. Rich people understand each other, or feel they have something in common -- money -- and usually they think they have good taste, when in reality they usually share a lack of good taste, and have to rely on professionals to do things like decorate their homes. For example, did you know that some wealthy people will hire a decorator to decorate their home for Christmas? LOL.

It's got to be a difficult market, but Jessica is probably doing this just to do something.

In Austin, Tommy and Jessica could probably trade off their Hollywood connections, in a field like Real Estate, although one can't help but think if they were to do that, a simple Google search could reveal embarrassing details about either of them -- that Tommy was a spokeshole for the cult and Jessica was a handler for Katie Holmes.

The californication of Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Texas heated up during the real estate boom, when California real estate became even more ridiculous, so Jessica might sell to other California people, where their million dollars goes three times as far as it did in LA. A lot of California people aren't so much into the Texas schtick either -- you know, wagon wheel chandeliers and things made out of animal parts.

Even if she doesn't sell anything, real estate can keep her busy and feeling purposeful.

Austin is an island in Texas, the most liberal and lacking the typical cowboy BS you find everywhere else in TX. Most Texans dont consider Austin part of Texas.

Real estate is perfect for Jess, esp high end stuff. She was raised with and around money and can give the polish and snob appeal that works well in businesses involving big money. It doesn't hurt that she has her own big tacky home to have in common.

I do think the SO can ruin any good taste members may have possessed beforehand. All the faux gold, gilt Victorian over the top BS and nautical themes are so awful but they are taught to view it as the best. In fact it seems if the stuff doesn't scream "look how rich I am, look at my havingness" then they aren't interested. New money tends to be very guilty of this in the US and proves the adage money can't buy taste - even if they do higher designer because they pick bad ones. So maybe Jess and Tommy will succeed and do well among the new money in Austin - as long as they don't google their names and watch all the bizarre cult BS they did for years.

Btw, good taste, is good design coupled with top notch quality and craftsmanship, and it is usually very understated. It's the understated part that drives tacky rich people crazy, and the inability to recognize good design.

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
I beg to differ. Selling real estate is hard work for most. Especially in this economy.

Being successful at real estate sales can actually be quite difficult and, like most industries involving complicated financial instruments, not as easy as people think. But there's still the PERCEPTION that it is easy money with big commissions, thereby it attracts people that want big paychecks without time intensive skill sets. The housing bubble made every blue collar Tom, Dick and Jane want to cash in, and I saw even co-workers get into selling homes on the side. It was pretty ridiculous.

Tommy has also been spotted about in LA recently. I think he goes back and forth.
According to a friend, he was chatting up a good looking blond at a bar not too long ago.

whoisxenu

Patron with Honors
"According to a friend, he was chatting up a good looking blond at a bar not too long ago."

Perhaps the search for Mrs. Cruise#4 is underway???:omg::party::shark:

BunnySkull

Sad, her taste is sterile and generic. The house looks more like a hotel room or corporate lobby than a home. Guess the SO is good at stamping out individuality or any urge to personalize your space.

Was her illness real or something she faked to get out of the so? Anyone know for sure?

Fake, it was the shore story told to the public and probably to subdue media questions. (they may have taken a keen interest in the departure, but when told it was because JF was dying of cancer the media would back off to allow privacy to a sick person. Cult doesn't hesitate to take advantage of people's better nature if it helps them save face)