What's new

Australians in Scientology

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
For the Big List - see my sig - I'd like to have some answers. :)

RightOn on WWP said:
ok there is a list on ESMB of Aussie scientologists

one of the members put a line through the names that they know are "out"

I checked completions and some of these people's last entries were from a LONG time ago.

However, I can't find evidence of them speaking out.

Does anyone know any of these people? or can you show any evidence of them speaking out?

OR ask if they want to be added to the list.

Steve Lovrinovic

Max Beniamini

Cass Bennett

Ian Bennett

Jan Bennett

Greg Dunsmore

John Franzi

Roslyn Franzi

Trish Ciuffetelli

the list of all the other Aussie scilons is here

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?1281-Australians-in-Scientology/page22

Bold is mine. WWP post: https://whyweprotest.net/community/...ho-have-spoken-out.57290/page-92#post-2321128

So... can you show any evidence of them speaking out? OR ask if they want to be added to the list?

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
As the originator of this thread back in 2007 I'm gratified to see that it has taken on a life of its own and brought together some old friends. Looking at the posts since I last logged in I see some great stuff, and the photos especially brought back fond memories of a time when anything was possible.

I don't share any bitterness towards the individuals I knew in Scientology, although there was a time where one particular terminal would have received a broken nose if he had ever come back from the USA, on account of signing me up onto staff by pure dogged nagging and trickery. No, my only real regret was that the organization acted as a typical "bait and switch" con game, supplanting one's goals and purposes with its own. That's not the sort of freedom I signed up for.

I'm doing well these days. For the past 12 months I've been living aboard yachts - I bought two of them, one in Sydney and the other in Brisbane - while renovating them. Got my own little private Sea Org. *snigger* I'm retired now and planning to see the world while I'm still young enough to enjoy it. A couple of months ago I bought my first ever house, at age 60.

Having found a safe environment, and having made a home aboard comfortable enough to reflect on my actual purposes, I recently started on the Wall of Tapes (SHSBC) which was always one of my goals in Scientology. Yesterday I cracked the last part of my own case wide open, and have been totally blown away ever since. I won't bore anyone with the laundry list of symptoms that were eradicated but the relief from them is unmistakeable.

It all came down to one simple question, posed by Ron in SHSBC #053 (6109C05 Basics of Auditing):

"What didn't you know?"

And, as it turned out, I didn't know quite a lot of things. And I had been running around in circles all my life trying to fix that. Last night for the first time in memory I slept really well, and woke refreshed.

I'd just like to thank LRH for his invaluable body of work. And likewise to all of you who have shared the journey.

Bob Judd
Clear 13611

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Haiqu,

Even 30 years later, there are several noses I would like to go back and break (not necessarily on my own behalf), because the jail time probably would have been preferable.

RogerB

Crusader
Haiqu,

Nice win, nicely done. And wonderful to see a veteran doing well. It takes some guts, balls and all kinds of other things to have the integrity to keep at a goal till you get it. Nice to hear you got your win.

I know a wonderful woman in Melbourne, she was a staff auditor with me in the early '60s' . . . Name Nancy Judd or Jubb? My memory is vague on the last sound as to whether a B or a D.

ANy relation to you or knowledge of her?

RogerB

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Hey Robert, Dave Gibbons here. I'm glad to hear you're doing well. All the best, mate. :)

Hiya Dave. How's the music business going? Here's a bit of a joke for you ... I was brought in on a street survey. You know, the old "If you could be/do/have anything in life, what would it be" and my ruin was "A competent musician." Never did address that. Bait and switch.

But we move on. I've had an interesting life so far, and as Hunter S. Thomson once wrote, "When the going gets strange, the weird turn pro."

I remember you as a really nice guy. Hope there was no bitter aftertaste to whatever happened along the way. Take care buddy.

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Nice win, nicely done. And wonderful to see a veteran doing well. It takes some guts, balls and all kinds of other things to have the integrity to keep at a goal till you get it. Nice to hear you got your win.

Strange to finally get the last piece of the puzzle from studying a tape. But my case always did run oddly. I was almost disappointed when I finally saw OTIII because I'd run into the incident in early auditing. Pretty sure they culled that out because one of my folders mysteriously vanished along the way, which perturbed the C/S a little. :omg:

I've always been a determined little cuss, and knew it would all fall into place if I persisted.

I know a wonderful woman in Melbourne, she was a staff auditor with me in the early '60s' . . . Name Nancy Judd or Jubb? My memory is vague on the last sound as to whether a B or a D.

ANy relation to you or knowledge of her?

No relation. I'm the only one of my family that ever got involved. Also, since I started in Sydney - though I hail from Melbourne originally - I know not of whom you speak.

Last edited:

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Welcome back :)

Hey big fella, glad to see you.

This site is looking like a nicer place to visit now that Alanzo and Zinj have made an exit, so I might even pop in once in a while. Mind you my priority has to be real life, I've lived inside my head so long that a backlog of adventure awaits.

"The internet's OK, but life downloads faster" as one anonymous wit put it.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Hiya Dave. How's the music business going? Here's a bit of a joke for you ... I was brought in on a street survey. You know, the old "If you could be/do/have anything in life, what would it be" and my ruin was "A competent musician." Never did address that. Bait and switch.

But we move on. I've had an interesting life so far, and as Hunter S. Thomson once wrote, "When the going gets strange, the weird turn pro."

I remember you as a really nice guy. Hope there was no bitter aftertaste to whatever happened along the way. Take care buddy.
Yes, mate, it goes well and I'm still making my living as a muso. Whoda thunk it?
No bitter aftertaste here, I don't regret the journey nor meeting so many wonderful people along the way.
Thanks for the response, my best wishes to you. :)

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Dave,

I'll be back in Sydney in about 6 weeks to fit a new diesel to the yacht. If you PM me a gig list I'll try to make it to at least one of them.

Cheers,

Rob

RogerB

Crusader
. . .<snipped> . . .

It all came down to one simple question, posed by Ron in SHSBC #053 (6109C05 Basics of Auditing):

"What didn't you know?"

And, as it turned out, I didn't know quite a lot of things. And I had been running around in circles all my life trying to fix that. Last night for the first time in memory I slept really well, and woke refreshed.

I'd just like to thank LRH for his invaluable body of work. And likewise to all of you who have shared the journey.

Bob Judd
Clear 13611

Been pondering on this for a day or two, Bob.

1961, that was when Scn was still looking for the positives to restore. '61 was the beginnings of the address to own goals.

And that particular question you cite would, of course, cause one to locate and put in various positives and good, wanted things. A vastly different proposition to the LRH think that developed in '63 when he went off looking for what's wrong to get rid of, and took us all along with him :nervous:

As I said, nice win and nice to see you winning. And I wish it for all the ex-staff members.

Rog

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Honestly can't explain exactly what happened Roger. It was a bit like the first time I came across the term GPM and dug into all the referenced bulletins to gain a better idea of what they were, much to the chagrin of the course super. Something down deep just went "whirr, click" and I keyed out.

When I listened to that tape my world changed irreversibly. I just stopped beating myself up.

Rob (preferred name ... I used Bob above because that's what most Sydney people would remember.)

Last edited:

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
BTW Roger, do you get to Australia at all these days? I'd be very interested in getting together to discuss this area further if you do. You're probably the only independent person in the field that seems to have been around long enough to have a good handle on it all.

Once I get through the remaining 350 BC tapes, of course.

Rob

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
BTW Roger, do you get to Australia at all these days? I'd be very interested in getting together to discuss this area further if you do. You're probably the only independent person in the field that seems to have been around long enough to have a good handle on it all.

Once I get through the remaining 350 BC tapes, of course.

Rob

Cool . . . a trip is planned though not set yet. Though you might get here to NYC before I'll get there.

I was last there for a Veteran's get together dinner with the guys I grew up with at Bronte SLSC . . . . that was 2 years ago . . . it was a quick 4 days round trip :ohmy: I won't try that shit again: even in 1st class it was no fun.

Next trip Virginia and I plan to take a month or two.

R

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
For the Big List - see my sig - I'd like to have some answers. :)

Bold is mine. WWP post: https://whyweprotest.net/community/...ho-have-spoken-out.57290/page-92#post-2321128

So... can you show any evidence of them speaking out? OR ask if they want to be added to the list?

My name is not on the big list. I'm really pissed off. After 30 years, hundreds of thousands of dollars and some major fuckups leaving me out of pocket, out of heart and out of head, they can't even acknowledge my presence in the cult.:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Lol, Lucretia, it's a list of people who have spoken out against the CofS under their own name. Still, I acknowledge your existence and the path you trod. :)

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
Cool . . . a trip is planned though not set yet. Though you might get here to NYC before I'll get there.

Unlikely. I'm a few years away from sailing off into the sunset in my 35'er, Rog. Anyhow your response is encouraging, thanks.

Rob

RogerB

Crusader
Unlikely. I'm a few years away from sailing off into the sunset in my 35'er, Rog. Anyhow your response is encouraging, thanks.

Rob

And a 35'er sounds like the perfect size to do it in . . . . sailing being one of my favorite activities.

Rog