What's new

AOLA's Michael Silverman resurfaces . . . albeit briefly

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Michael Silverman resurfaced on Tony O's blog, albeit briefly . . . about 4-5 posts one day about three months ago. :omg:

http://tonyortega.org/2013/06/29/whe...ment-946428752

A bit about where he's at today and what he's up to. What he thinks about his past work.

I know a lot of people on this board know him or have a history with him, so I'm posting this information as a "public service." :coolwink: :biggrin:

Also, he's on Facebook with a current photo. (Make sure you're logged on to FB first to view his content.)

https://www.facebook.com/michael.silverman.167

I guess we'll see if anybody cares or not. :unsure:

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
Michael Silverman resurfaced on Tony O's blog, albeit briefly . . . about 4-5 posts one day about three months ago. :omg:

http://tonyortega.org/2013/06/29/whe...ment-946428752

A bit about where he's at today and what he's up to. What he thinks about his past work.

I know a lot of people on this board know him or have a history with him, so I'm posting this information as a "public service." :coolwink: :biggrin:

Also, he's on Facebook with a current photo. (Make sure you're logged on to FB first to view his content.)

https://www.facebook.com/michael.silverman.167

I appreciate that he never tried to crush-reg me.

<3
Lynn

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I remember his daughter Jenny more.

But I remember Michael Silverman was assigned to the RPF's RPF and SP declared and not allowed to talk to anyone. He was in a big trouble hole. It was late 80's or early 90's. Can't remember what he did, but I was down in the pits with him. Actually at first he was not even allowed to talk to other people on the RPF's RPF until he did A to E. Awkward.

He always seemed so cheery and jolly to me. Never really ran across him any other time in the SO.

Good to hear he is out and doing ok. :happydance:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

I didn't realize he was even out. :no:

I heard him talk several times, went to a couple of his seminars around 1986-87. One which included the 'tech' on how to win at Blackjack at Vegas. :yes:

He was always very entertaining.

How long has he been out for?

Orglodyte

Patron with Honors
Missed the Bunker posts, thank you! I had one reg cycle with Mike Silverman. I remember him as likable and persistent, and when I said no a few times he didn't get extreme, and let me go. I remember thinking "he has high havingness," by which I meant "he's not desperate like other reges."

Amusing now that I felt privileged and grateful to be let off the hook by a reg. What a culture!

Mike, if you find this thread, I hope you post.

Gib

Crusader

What a fuk'in joke reading that SP declare.

Namely,

"Through a thorough investigation of's Michael background, it was found that he has a history of financial irregularities over the last 14 years."

LOL.

It took them, the church, or somebodies on the comm ev,

14 years to find this out. What a joke.

So much for the e-meter finding the truth. :laugh:

WTF. :roflmao:

Well Luv to Lurk, I must really apologize. I totally did not realize those posts you found at the Bunker were his. Nor did the picture in his avatar look like the memories I had of him. Even a young him. I really believed they were somebody else. Sigh.

Well, I guess I have to thank you for your derail, it was way way better than my derail of your derail. Thank you.

Mimsey

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Hmmm... Pretty sure this was what I was talking about. He was not booted out of the SO as normally done with an SP declare. He was sent to the RPF's RPF at this time. He must have gotten out later.

I am 99.9% sure that this SP declare did not get him released from the grasps of the Sea Org.

I worked with Mike for many years.

There was more than one time when he was on the RPF. He was assigned in 1983 (along with me and a boatload of other people). At the time, ASI was releasing the book Battlefield Earth. Mike was pulled off the RPF for a "special assignment" to sell books.

It was bizzare. A bunch of us RPFers were at ASI doing renos and Mike, who was also on the RPF, walks in in a three piece suit with a briefcase.

He was assigned to the RPF again around 1989 or 1990, before his actual declare was issued. Mike at that time was doing a lot of tours. He was assigned around that time. Issues were: out-2D on tour, financial stuff, etc. I can't remember if it was this time or the first time he had a "provisional declare". This is a DM invention where the person is on the RPF (or RPF's RPF) but is actually "declared". (However that's supposed to work.)

Sea Org managmement and Michael aways had a rough relationship. The public loved him, especially in the lower orgs. He would go on tour to these orgs, give events, talk, do magic tricks. He was kind of a celeb. Though management liked the fact that he made money, they hated the fact that he had a following. He was a very smart, very funny guy, and was always controversial.

He had a big talent for "figuring out" people's accounts. At some point in the late 80s he was taken off as a reg and put onto arrivals. He would go through a person's account folder and figure out ways that they actually had an intensive or intensives of auditing paid for, so he could get them in as an arrival. (This sounds odd unless you are familiar with what an actual account folder looks like for someone who's been in Scientology for a while.) He was great on the arrival's lines, but of course at some point this flapped with management and he was crucified for "financial irregularities".

I was sad when he was declared in the 90s, but even at the time, being on staff, I was kind of happy for him. No matter how much money and bodies and PR he generated for the org, I knew that sooner or later he would just get blown away again. He would never be treated well in the Sea Org. He was just too much of an individual. I'm glad he's out and he's happy now.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
The public loved him, especially in the lower orgs. He would go on tour to these orgs, give events, talk, do magic tricks. He was kind of a celeb. Though management liked the fact that he made money, they hated the fact that he had a following. He was a very smart, very funny guy, and was always controversial.

^^^^^^

THIS!

He was admired very much by the public in the lower orgs, and the staff as well. I'm happy he's out! :clap:

I'd love it if he were to speak out more some day about his feelings NOW about the CoS. He could do a lot of good imo and help others still in to wake up.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Pretty funny. He was busted for an auditing crime when not auditing. The REAL story, as I told on another thread, is that he was busted for giving people more services than they paid for. He was ripping off the "Church". The opposite of a suppressive act.... :duh:

Could you tell me where you posted that? I'd like to read it.

CO2

Patron Meritorious
Yeah.

He got declared and she disconnected from him. (His 2D issues didn't help that situation either...)

I heard she later married Paul Discher. She died a few years ago. I think it was lung cancer. She was a heavy smoker.

Ruthie was a sweetie. Big Smile.

Yeah.

He got declared and she disconnected from him. (His 2D issues didn't help that situation either...)

I heard she later married Paul Discher. She died a few years ago. I think it was lung cancer. She was a heavy smoker.

Ok thought so, I didn't know her, but I was on the rpf with him and Bea. I remember him trying to teach the young guys about learning to see past the female body, to the person within.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Thanks for posting that!

It's it just priceless that Michael is Declared to be an SP for "Financial Irregularities".

Yup, Financial Irregularities, that's what they accused him of.

This, by a criminal cult that has defrauded their paying customers out of billions of dollars!

It would be nearly impossible to explain to any normal person how completely insane Scientology is.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Michael Silverman was given the status of Kha Khan at one time .... this gave him opportunity to commit continued financial crimes against public for the benefit of the church coffers over the years that he wore out his Kha Khan, status, resulting in that SP Declare order.

Keep in mind that he made deals which the church often refused to honor when it came time to sign up for whatever services where paid for by his 'deals'. This caused immense suffering to public... and he was never reprimanded for this because he was Kha Khan!

If the staff member's production is sufficiently high (as evidenced by an up statistic), the Scientologist gains an immunity to the Ethics process, even if they have openly committed violations:

"When people do start reporting a staff member with a high statistic, what you investigate is the person who turned in the report. In an ancient army a particularly brave deed was recognized by an award of the title of Kha-Khan. It was not a rank. The person remained what he was, BUT he was entitled to be forgiven the death penalty ten times in case in the future he did anything wrong. That was a Kha-Khan. That's what producing, high-statistic staff members are - Kha-Khans. They can get away with murder without a blink from Ethics.... And Ethics must recognize a Kha-Khan when it sees one - and tear up the bad report chits on the person with a yawn." [5]
ref: [5] Hubbard Communications Office, HCOPL 1 Sep 1965, "Ethics Protection".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethics_(Scientology)

320540_100311623411680_1775913215_n.jpg

Michael was a man on a mission all those years and he was given full consent to do as he wanted as long as he brought the bacon in. They did him the best favor of his life by declaring him and hopefully that wild, out of control 'stat push with out a conscience' mentality he ran on for so many years ended with it.

UPDATE: From what I was able to find, Michael has been a caregiver for a friend with MS for some years now. That gets high marks in my book. Glad to see he's channeled his help flow in the right direction.

Last edited: