What's new

CoS (DM) issues rabid crazypants statement on Rathbun Lawsuit.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
So I guess David Miscavige's foaming at the mouth finally led to an official CoS statement on the Rathbun lawsuit. It's so rabid and crazypants sounding its bound to draw even more media attention to the lawsuit. Seriously, it was getting minimal mainstream media coverage so far, but that's going to rapidly change if the cult starts issuing press releases like this beaut!

I'm sure they got a lot of calls from media outlets to confirm this statement because it could easily be mistaken for parody or the writing of a total nutcase. I sure hope DM keeps writing releases for the cult!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/church-scientology-internationals-statement-monique-rathbuns-lawsuit-church/story?id=20471734

CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY INTERNATIONAL STATEMENT

The complaint filed in Texas is nothing more than a pathetic get-rich scheme cooked up by unemployed blogger Marty Rathbun, a self-admitted suborner of perjury who is now resorting to using his wife in an attempt to extort money from the Church. As any reporter who has dealt with him knows, it was a bitter, seething Marty Rathbun who, after having been removed from his position in the Church for malfeasance a decade ago, initiated a smear campaign against the Church and its ecclesiastical leader that is now in its fourth year. During that period, Mr. Rathbun and his self-described "posse" have unrelentingly shopped made-up tales and myths to virtually every media outlet they can find. Much to Mr. Rathbun's continuing frustration, the Church since his departure is flourishing and undergoing a period of unprecedented expansion.

For the true story of the Church, see www.scientology.org. Information is available there on the Church's numerous human rights and anti-drug programs, as well as the opening of 37 new Scientology Churches in major metropolitan areas and cultural centers in recent years.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
So I guess David Miscavige's foaming at the mouth finally led to an official CoS statement on the Rathbun lawsuit.

It's dated August 21.

"it was a bitter, seething Marty Rathbun who, after having been removed from his position in the Church for malfeasance a decade ago"

More propaganda by redefinition of words?

Paul

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
So I guess David Miscavige's foaming at the mouth finally led to an official CoS statement on the Rathbun lawsuit. It's so rabid and crazypants sounding its bound to draw even more media attention to the lawsuit. Seriously, it was getting minimal mainstream media coverage so far, but that's going to rapidly change if the cult starts issuing press releases like this beaut!

I'm sure they got a lot of calls from media outlets to confirm this statement because it could easily be mistaken for parody or the writing of a total nutcase. I sure hope DM keeps writing releases for the cult!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/church-scientology-internationals-statement-monique-rathbuns-lawsuit-church/story?id=20471734

One thing any illiterate Welsh only speaking farm hand from the middle of the Welsh mountains knows about scn is that you don't say anything against scn without being sued, the fact that DM hasn't legally destroyed Rathburn is that he has not lied, but said the truth about the hole etc. It'll be great if he does act as spokesman instead of telling Tommy etc what to say he can shoot himself in the foot regularly, and publicly oh the joy, excellent!, PLEASE make it happen!

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

What a splendid teaching aid for the psychological trait called PROJECTION.. Wiki Link

"Projection tends to come to the fore in normal people at times of crisis, personal or political,[21] but is more commonly found in the neurotic or psychotic[22]—in personalities functioning at a primitive level as in narcissistic personality disorder or borderline personality disorder.[23]"

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
This kinda just jumped out at me...ecclesiastical leader that is now in HIS :biggrin: fourth year makes me wonder if that toddler is ever going to learn how to both talk and walk at the same time.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
The complaint filed in Texas is nothing more than a pathetic get-rich scheme cooked up by unemployed blogger Marty Rathbun, a self-admitted suborner of perjury who is now resorting to using his wife in an attempt to extort money from the Church. As any reporter who has dealt with him knows, it was a bitter, seething Marty Rathbun who, after having been removed from his position in the Church for malfeasance a decade ago, initiated a smear campaign against the Church and its ecclesiastical leader that is now in its fourth year. During that period, Mr. Rathbun and his self-described "posse" have unrelentingly shopped made-up tales and myths to virtually every media outlet they can find. Much to Mr. Rathbun's continuing frustration, the Church since his departure is flourishing and undergoing a period of unprecedented expansion.

For the true story of the Church, see www.scientology.org. Information is available there on the Church's numerous human rights and anti-drug programs, as well as the opening of 37 new Scientology Churches in major metropolitan areas and cultural centers in recent years.

What they leave out and didn't say in the press statement:

Marty spent about 30 solid years of his life 24/7 (practically his entire adult life) being meticulously audited to the top of the OT Bridge by the most perfect auditors in the world at the Int Base, CSed by the crème de la crème RTC CSes, ruthlessly trained to the highest levels of homo novus ("new man") through OT delivery skills, personally handled by top-on-the-planet RTC ethics staffs, and graduate-level schooled in the #1 breakthrough administrative science of the past 50 years. :coolwink:

How can he turn out like such a psychotic-criminal-out-of-control-dramatizing mess like they describe? Or so they claim. :confused2:

Sorta puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

This is like Apple sending out a press release about how horrible its main product the iPad is. :omg: Would ya do that?

I guess they don't realize that the public at large sees right through this stuff. (If they bother to read it at all.) And more importantly, once the COS lets out these claims onto the Internet . . . well, they're out there forever and a permanent part of their "product history."
attachment.php

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
It's dated August 21.

Hmm, then that makes me wonder if another of these gems is out and about. Marty referenced a statement issued by DM on his blog post today, Rathbun's new post was a response to it. So I decided to try and find what statement had been issued. After finding nothing here or at the bunker I went to google news and this was the first hit.

I mean this could be the statement Marty is referencing but why respond more than a month later? There's got to be new one out there, will dig to see what I can find.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I like that Marty published L Ron Hoover's Operating Bible of Int Base:

EVOLVED OPERATING PRINCIPLES:

A. COUNTER ATTACK TO OBTAIN THE REMOVAL OF THE PERSON with a product of DISMISSED ATTACKER.

B. If on test, A is not feasible, SURVEY TO FIND WHAT THE PERSON CONSIDERS VALUABLE AND USE IT FOR RESTRAINT.

C. AVOID WHERE POSSIBLE THE COMMOTION AND WASTED ENERGY OF PARALLELING AN ATTACKER’S OWN EVIL PURPOSE OF DESTROYING HIS OWN GOVT, AGENCY OR INSTITUTION AND INSTEAD DISCOVER THE ATTACKER AND OPERATE TO COST HIM HIS JOB.

D. Where A and C fail, use B.

PLAN:
(a) Wherever an attack is in progress (and even when being held off by counter-propaganda from PR or actions from Legal) at once swiftly draw up a precise program using Intelligence principles and cross filing to isolate the attacker.

(b) Identify the instigator.

(c) When identified or even suspected as the instigator, draw up a project which includes at least three channels to cost him his job.

(d) Draw up a second project at once to survey and discover what the person really is defending and threaten it effectively.

(e) Execute the projects rapidly.

(f) On achieving success inform PR so that PR can call off the PR counterattack and capitalize on any information gained if it does not expose Intelligence.

(g) Inform legal so Legal can replan and utilize the information also gained to mop up.

NOTE: Intelligence in these regards is not feeding PR and Legal as the only fruit of its endeavors. It is OPERATING INDEPENDENTLY of these two functions with ITS OWN PRODUCT: I.E. A DISMISSED ATTACKER or its secondary product: a totally restrained and muzzled attacker.

- L. Ron Hubbard 28 March 1972, COUNTER ATTACK TACTICS

Yep. I think Marty is really starting to get it now.

I wonder if the old Indy OSA ever tried applying this?

Nah! They would never apply L Ron Hubbard!

Link to Marty's post:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/10/10/organized-crime-and-standing-ones-ground/

Alanzo

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
What they leave out and didn't say in the press statement:

Marty spent about 30 solid years of his life 24/7 (practically his entire adult life) being meticulously audited to the top of the OT Bridge by the most perfect auditors in the world at the Int Base, CSed by the crème de la crème RTC CSes, ruthlessly trained to the highest levels of homo novus ("new man") through OT delivery skills, personally handled by top-on-the-planet RTC ethics staffs, and graduate-level schooled in the #1 breakthrough administrative science of the past 50 years. :coolwink:

How can he turn out like such a psychotic-criminal-out-of-control-dramatizing mess like they describe?
Or so they claim. :confused2:

Sorta puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

This is like Apple sending out a press release about how horrible its main product the iPad is. :omg: Would ya do that?

I guess they don't realize that the public at large sees right through this stuff. (If they bother to read it at all.) And more importantly, once the COS lets out these claims onto the Internet . . . well, they're out there forever and a permanent part of their "product history."
attachment.php

:clapping::clapping::clapping: Insightful!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

It's the sociopathic guru's safe haven and strategy of last resort--always blame someone else.

Ron "blamed" (and declared "criminal", "SP", et al) Clear #1 John McMaster, Wife #1 and #2, Wife #3 Mary Sue Hubbard, C/S #1 David Mayo, etc. etc. etc….

Miscavige, following mad-n-merry guru Hubbard, blames Rathbun, Rinder, Haggis, Davis, Cook, Headley, Jentzch, etc. etc. etc…..

Oh hell, why bother listing out all of Ron's and Dave's "enemies"? It is virtually the phone directory of the entire world.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Hey, Alanzo

If you cut down the SIZE of the TYPE maybe I can READ it.

I cut and pasted it directly from Marty's blog, and this version of ESMB obviously is much more sensitive to dirty code left over from websites.

Once I'd done that, all I could do was increase the size of the type until it was HUGE.

Sorry.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Use the Remove Format button; top left second from the left ie. AA with an X thru it.
Highlight the text and hit the button, then check it in Preview before posting to remove any miscellaneous formatting code.

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

Oh hell, why bother listing out all of Ron's and Dave's "enemies"? It is virtually the phone directory of the entire world.

Seriously. Isn't the super-duper tip-top secret SP List something on the order of 30,000 names? Last I heard it was, might be plenty more by now. That's more people than the town I live in. :hysterical:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
What a splendid teaching aid for the psychological trait called PROJECTION.. Wiki Link

"Projection tends to come to the fore in normal people at times of crisis, personal or political,[21] but is more commonly found in the neurotic or psychotic[22]—in personalities functioning at a primitive level as in narcissistic personality disorder or borderline personality disorder.[23]"

Good point! That is why we refer to David Miscavige as an OP -

Operating Projectionist! :roflmao:

David Miscavige is also known as an Operating Psychotic!

:omg:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
It's dated August 21.

More propaganda by redefinition of words?

Paul

Somewhere in your post, I can see an headline that should make it around the world:

David Miscavige, self-appointed "ecclesiastical leader" of a dangerous and criminal cult, finally speaks the truth: "Church for malfeasance"

However, when it comes to Scientology, nothing beats the unlimited wisdom of my personal guru Shrek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lHH5p8gU5A

guanoloco

As-Wased
How much of this goes on the quotes thread? "Ecclesiastical Leader"? Isn't that what Miscavige's attorneys are claiming he's NOT?

WTF?????