What's new

A Conversation with an OT

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's a sort of "I'm above it all" viewpoint.

The "OT mindset" is an interesting thing, IMO.
It's probably a discussion worthy of its own thread.

I think this is an excellent suggestion. I have only interacted with a few still-ins, mostly as drive-by insults as I walked past their personality test tables and fired a shot or two to keep them from bothering me further.

If I were to talk to an OT (let's not include entheta just yet, a normal conversation), what would I notice? What would strike me as odd?

And what would be going through their head at the time? Constant self-censorship? Desperately trying to remember some bit of Ron's wisdom in dealing with a wog?

Would they try to steer the subject to SCN? Avoid it? Or try to probe me to get a reaction?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I think this is an excellent suggestion. I have only interacted with a few still-ins, mostly as drive-by insults as I walked past their personality test tables and fired a shot or two to keep them from bothering me further.

If I were to talk to an OT (let's not include entheta just yet, a normal conversation), what would I notice? What would strike me as odd?

And what would be going through their head at the time? Constant self-censorship? Desperately trying to remember some bit of Ron's wisdom in dealing with a wog?

Would they try to steer the subject to SCN? Avoid it? Or try to probe me to get a reaction?

I talked to two OTs fairly recently. They have been in for decades. Here are some answers.

what would I notice? You might notice that they are quite unexceptional in every respect.

What would strike me as odd? The word mediocre comes to mind.

And what would be going through their head at the time? Trying to calculate what MEST words they could say that would get you to reach and pay for a Scientology book, course or auditing action. Trying to plug you into one of Hubbard's handling modules (e.g. finding your ruin, sharing their amazing wins they are sure you will want, etc.) so they could run the standard formula on you and get you to respond positively towards Scientology.

Would they try to steer the subject to SCN? Avoid it? Or try to probe me to get a reaction? They would steer EVERYTHING towards Scientology up until they determined that you were not a prospect because you were an SP or dangerously PTS.

In the conversation I had, I let them pitch Scientology to me without telling them of my own "OT" status. LOL.

Then I told them that I had done Scientology when I was very young. They eagerly inquired if I had done a course or ever had auditing. I just looked at them without any trace of emotion and said: "Yeah, I did the Briefing Course and through OT VII". That fucked them up a little, but they didn't give up.

After a couple beats of indecision, one of them had a "bright idea" and eagerly asked me if I had heard about "The Basics". I said yes. Before they could get very far into the pitch, I told them that I had read the books several times already. They confidently told me that the books were now restored to the way they should have been...

I said something like: "Oh, yeah I heard, some minor grammar errors were corrected."

One of them jumped right up and protested that it wasn't just minor grammar at all. They insisted that the books are really "different" now.

I suppressed a smile and asked: "Really? What's different?"

"EVERYTHING!!!" he fired back. (yeah, I used 3 exclamation points, that's right! LOL)

I calmly said, "Everything? Hey you know as well as I do that's completely bullshit. Anyways, why aren't you following the standard LRH Dissemination Formula and trying to find my ruin?" (it's evil when an SP puts in KSW on an OT, right? lol)

One of them kind of seemed to know what I was saying was right and clammed up. The other feebly kept trying to babble about how I should really read them for myself and see that it was true ("everything was different")

That pretty much ended the conversation. I left the two OTs to get in com with each other about what just happened.

The simple answer to what Scientologists are doing is this: LYING. To you and to themselves. When they decide to stop lying they leave Scientology.

OTs are pretty pathetic actually. They can only be OTs with other OTs who agree with them and their OTness, lol. In the real world their tech doesn't work. Wogs have a name for that: "losers".

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I think one of the most important things to know is that subject I touched upon in the other thread; Self-Certainty.

Not all "OTs" have it, of course, some doubt themselves but when dealing with most of these guys you should understand that they are of the firm belief that they already know ALL the answers. Hubbard went to considerable length in discussing the subject of self-certainty, he spoke of it as the most valuable thing a Being could possess.

Much of the behavior which seems inexplicable (or hard to grasp) stems from this simple fact; regardless of the rightness or wrongness of a thing, the OT has adopted a viewpoint of certainty about it as regards himself.

Self-certainty! He has it and, if you're not also OT like him, you don't.

It's just one of the more important reasons why it's so hard to overcome an OT's unwavering resistance to new (non-Hubbardian) ideas.

I don't think I need to expound on this too much, when it comes to dealings with OTs, it's quite an obvious thing.

I'm completely certain of the above! :hysterical:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think one of the most important things to know is that subject I touched upon in the other thread; Self-Certainty.

Not all "OTs" have it, of course, some doubt themselves but when dealing with most of these guys you should understand that they are of the firm belief that they already know ALL the answers. Hubbard went to considerable length in discussing the subject of self-certainty, he spoke of it as the most valuable thing a Being could possess.

Much of the behavior which seems inexplicable (or hard to grasp) stems from this simple fact; regardless of the rightness or wrongness of a thing, the OT has adopted a viewpoint of certainty about it as regards himself.

Self-certainty! He has it and, if you're not also OT like him, you don't.

It's just one of the more important reasons why it's so hard to overcome an OT's unwavering resistance to new (non-Hubbardian) ideas.

I don't think I need to expound on this too much, when it comes to dealings with OTs, it's quite an obvious thing.

I'm completely certain of the above! :hysterical:

And I am much more certain than you MR know it all. .:bowdown:...:biggrin: :giggle::hysterical:

HelluvaHoax!

Maybe this is a "generality" but I sincerely doubt it. . .

OTs know how to handle everything. Except their own case.

ps: their "case" is what mistakenly makes them think they are OT

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors
The simple answer to what Scientologists are doing is this: LYING. To you and to themselves. When they decide to stop lying they leave Scientology.

In your wonderful and simple, concise way, HH, you have just nailed in one sentence the exact reason we left. I really love the way you put that.

I'm sorry this is off-topic in terms of talking to OTs, but I just have to comment on this point about lying.

The day I stopped being able to recruit people for org staff was the day that it hit me between the eyes, almost randomly, that I was telling more lies than truth when I was talking about the working conditions, hours, pay, time off, etc. When I realize that was what I was doing, I knew I couldn't do it anymore and I stopped.

And the day I stopped being able to recover anyone to The Bridge and into orgs was when I realized that I was telling more lies than truth about why they should come back.

And I was walking around in the Twin Cities org one day - the totally empty, cavernous courserooms all around me - and it just struck me like a "bolt from the blue" that this situation was never going to change. These courserooms were never going to be full. And everything we were saying about Ideal Orgs were nothing but lies.

I think it was about 24-48 hours later that I was telling my parents that I had decided I was going to route out of the Sea Org.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I talked to two OTs fairly recently. They have been in for decades. Here are some answers.

what would I notice? You might notice that they are quite unexceptional in every respect.

And what would be going through their head at the time? Trying to calculate what MEST words they could say that would get you to reach and pay for a Scientology book, course or auditing action. Trying to plug you into one of Hubbard's handling modules (e.g. finding your ruin, sharing their amazing wins they are sure you will want, etc.) so they could run the standard formula on you and get you to respond positively towards Scientology.

Would they try to steer the subject to SCN? Avoid it? Or try to probe me to get a reaction? They would steer EVERYTHING towards Scientology up until they determined that you were not a prospect because you were an SP or dangerously PTS.

In the conversation I had, I let them pitch Scientology to me without telling them of my own "OT" status. LOL.

Then I told them that I had done Scientology when I was very young. They eagerly inquired if I had done a course or ever had auditing. I just looked at them without any trace of emotion and said: "Yeah, I did the Briefing Course and through OT VII". That fucked them up a little, but they didn't give up.

After a couple beats of indecision, one of them had a "bright idea" and eagerly asked me if I had heard about "The Basics". I said yes. Before they could get very far into the pitch, I told them that I had read the books several times already. They confidently told me that the books were now restored to the way they should have been...

I said something like: "Oh, yeah I heard, some minor grammar errors were corrected."

One of them jumped right up and protested that it wasn't just minor grammar at all. They insisted that the books are really "different" now.

"EVERYTHING!!!" he fired back. (yeah, I used 3 exclamation points, that's right! LOL)

I calmly said, "Everything? Hey you know as well as I do that's completely bullshit. Anyways, why aren't you following the standard LRH Dissemination Formula and trying to find my ruin?" (it's evil when an SP puts in KSW on an OT, right? lol)

One of them kind of seemed to know what I was saying was right and clammed up. The other feebly kept trying to babble about how I should really read them for myself and see that it was true ("everything was different")

That pretty much ended the conversation. I left the two OTs to get in com with each other about what just happened.

OTs are pretty pathetic actually. They can only be OTs with other OTs who agree with them and their OTness, lol. In the real world their tech doesn't work. Wogs have a name for that: "losers".

LOL - awesome post Helluva!

Okay - here is my "Conversation with an OT" recently:

Me: "Heh - you!!

OT: "Me? You talking to me?"

Me: "Yes, I am talking to you"? (Impressed of OT abilities already).

Me: "You took my parking space"!

OT: "Nuh-uh! That was my parking space....I postulated that I would get a parking space right by the front door".

Me: "Sir, that is a handicap parking space and I am with my handicapped father who has a special permit for that space - he can't walk very well. We had been waiting for the other car to pull out so we could pull in. I had my blinker on...did you not see us?"

OT: "Fuck you"....OT runs into the store thinking " I postulated that parking space and paid $1,560,000 to BE OT (not including donos to the IAS) - fuck em!"

Me: "Dad, that was another OT from Clearwater! Yeah, I know... he spent a shit load of money - we will just let him have the parking spot!"

Dad: "Fuckin OT's! Always stealing my parking spots!"

HelluvaHoax!

In your wonderful and simple, concise way, HH, you have just nailed in one sentence the exact reason we left. I really love the way you put that.

I'm sorry this is off-topic in terms of talking to OTs, but I just have to comment on this point about lying.

The day I stopped being able to recruit people for org staff was the day that it hit me between the eyes, almost randomly, that I was telling more lies than truth when I was talking about the working conditions, hours, pay, time off, etc. When I realize that was what I was doing, I knew I couldn't do it anymore and I stopped.

And the day I stopped being able to recover anyone to The Bridge and into orgs was when I realized that I was telling more lies than truth about why they should come back.

And I was walking around in the Twin Cities org one day - the totally empty, cavernous courserooms all around me - and it just struck me like a "bolt from the blue" that this situation was never going to change. These courserooms were never going to be full. And everything we were saying about Ideal Orgs were nothing but lies.

I think it was about 24-48 hours later that I was telling my parents that I had decided I was going to route out of the Sea Org.

Nice!

To those still in Scientology, sing along!

Liar Liar
Wall of Fire
Tech estimate's as long as
A telephone wire.

(alternate ending): Knowingness as wrong as an OT liar.

Last edited:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

Excellent post GP! I had similar cogs ^^^ myself!! I found myself giving Scientology credit for my successful business I created LONG before I ever heard of L Ron Hubbard or Scientology in order to get people into Scientology. I was lying and giving the delusional idea that if they did Scientology - they would be successful, like me! :duh: ~~~~CRINGE~~~~ Anything good that happened to me I would attribute to Scientology!!~~~~CRINGE~~~~ Anything bad - my case, the Psychs, SP's, PTSer's ...certainly NOT Scientology or the corrupt, criminal management!! ~~~CRINGE~~~~

When the Anon protested - one of the signs that really impinged hard was "SCIENTOLOGY LIES"!! I was lying to myself and when I look back on that....CRINGE!! Why was I lying about "my gains" and giving Scientology credit for my success?

phenomanon

Canyon

I am OT and I know it! I don't care what you wankers say.

Every person who enters my presence knows that I am an amazing woman.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

I read somewhere....OT= Pretended Knowingness superseded by Pretended Certainty!:whistling:

They are obliged not to know how to handle their own case because the minute they do, they are spitting in Ron's eye.
However, they do know how to handle their own case per the tech which is to say
handle their case by sucking Ron's cock.

What if they do not have case anymore? Use past tense for the above and wait for the sec check call in, the retread order, or the release of slipperiness tables at super powah building.

Come to think of it I have had a cognition. Now they have to suck Davey's dick to handle their case, with the necrophilia part making it a sort of threesome.

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK guys, I enjoy (and start) a good J&D as much as the next guy or gal, but I'm trying to get at something semi-serious, here.

I read somewhere on ESMB, and I can't find it now, a description of how an OT would be constantly pre-occupied if one spoke with them. Constantly going over their case in their mind.

Why?

Trying to stop entheta?

Listening for BTs in every bowel gurgle and creaky joint?

Trying to stop doubt?

What is going on there?

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Every time I read about these "extraordinary OT abilities" I cringed and felt the urge to write the post I'm writing right now. So here it is:

I've never finished any of Hubbards writings or audio lectures. After 1 or 2 pages into his writings or 2 minutes of audio, I always arrive at the conclusion that:

- This shit isn't worth my time.

- Most of it is just useless, worthless, self-congratulatory drivel with no theoretical or practical value.

- It makes my head hurt and my brain shut down. A bottle of booze can do that too, but it's cheaper, it's (usually) more fun, and I'll be able to tell exactly where my headaches come from, when I wake up the next morning.

- The very few "wisdoms" and "workable concepts" that can be found occasionally, are not up to par to what one can learn from his/her parents, grandparents, teachers, or regular strangers, including even the occasional drunken bum one can find sleeping somewhere on the sidewalk - and I don't even want to mention the beneficial effects of reading a few good books.

- I've heard more stuff of the "wise and useful" kind from people who stood right or left from me in the assembly line in some factory or another than I ever did from Hubbard and I've never had to pay one single penny for their words.

OK, let's get on to the OT abilities:

- Communication:
I can (and sometimes do) talk to anyone about any subject. Admittedly, conversations about certain topics may not be too fruitful for me or the other person, but usually, I can still get some interesting or useful snippets out of it.

- Communication2:
During my many travels all over many different countries, I often had to communicate with people whose language I didn't speak. An in-depth-converstion about quantum physics (or any other advanced subject) would have certainly failed, but things like "How do I get to that certain road, building, place, whatever" or even more "advanced conversations" about e.g. "where to find a replacement for this broken part of my motorbike, car, whatever" or "Where can I find someone who can fix it without costing me an arm and a leg" have always been successful. Some of these strangers even invited me into their homes and offered me free bed and breakfast for a night or two.

- Parking places:
8 out of 10 times (give or take a few), I (or my driver) can find a parking place directly in front of or at least very close to the entrance.

- Accidents, natural catastrophes and other disasters:
I'd say I've had more than my fair share of 'em. I've lost basically everything I had and everything I had worked for more than once. But, as every reader is able to confirm, I'm still alive and kickin'

So here is my question to the well-trained and well-educated (in Hubbardian drivel) readers: Am I OT or did I just experience the random positive and negative shit life dishes out to random people at random times or what?

Last edited:

He-man

Hero extraordinary
OK guys, I enjoy (and start) a good J&D as much as the next guy or gal, but I'm trying to get at something semi-serious, here.

I read somewhere on ESMB, and I can't find it now, a description of how an OT would be constantly pre-occupied if one spoke with them. Constantly going over their case in their mind.

Why?

Trying to stop entheta?

Trying to stop doubt?

What is going on there?

Doublethink and Solo Auditing messing with your head?

HelluvaHoax!

They are obliged not to know how to handle their own case because the minute they do, they are spitting in Ron's eye.
However, they do know how to handle their own case per the tech which is to say
handle their case by sucking Ron's cock.

What if they do not have case anymore? Use past tense for the above and wait for the sec check call in, the retread order, or the release of slipperiness tables at super powah building.

Come to think of it I have had a cognition. Now they have to suck Davey's dick to handle their case, with the necrophilia part making it a sort of threesome.

Sucking Ron's cock? Now there's something I wish I hadn't read. LOL.

HelluvaHoax!

Why?

Trying to stop entheta?

Trying to stop doubt?

What is going on there?

Okay, try this then. . .

An OT is focused on aligning all datums to LRH tech. It's how they keep the confusion at bay.

Good things are aligned to the tech that works.

Bad things are happening because the tech is not being applied.

Behind their steadfast gaze, the wheels are whirring, putting "particles" into the right slots.

While they are managing that barely tolerable chaos for themselves, they are also evaluating YOU and determining which piece of tech should be applied to HANDLE you.

That is the secret of OT. They are always handling something. Themselves. You. Handling bad things by applying formulas to them. Handling good things you present by insisting that you can be even more cause than that (the relentless effort to reach "highest ever" each and every week). If you are an OT you must handle everything.

The trick to understanding OTs is that nothing bad should ever remain unhanded. And nothing good should ever remain unhanded either.

If you handle EVERYTHING in your case and environment, then you need to handle (clear) the planet.

If you clear the planet, then you need to "salvage this sector".

Have I mentioned recently that OTs are in a no win game where they are forced to constantly give wins? LOL

def.
OT: A supernaturally winning self-delusion, desperately held in place by a tawdry collection of certificates and lapel pins.

Last edited:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

The point of your post most interesting is that the basics have changed so much. This OT's hidden message is that what Hubbard wrote made no sense and now that a better mind has straightened it out it has begun to be of some value. Or it could be that Hubbard just rattled off words so fast on his typewriter that he either didn't have a clue about basic grammar and punctuation, or he couldn't be arsed to do it right in the first place. Even if it was that evil minded typesetters shuffled stuff on purpose how come the all knowing genius never spotted signs of it, he failed to notice that people could not apply the data, meaning either that the data was wrong or that the data was wrongly written. Hubbard couldn't ever see that the fault could have been his, so he just got angry with the incompetence of his staff. However I look at it the basics were an overt product, and the bridge stops in the middle of the air, and nothing was ever set up to complete it.

Teanntás

Silver Meritorious Patron
Every time I read about these "extraordinary OT abilities" I cringed and felt the urge to write the post I'm writing right now. So here it is:

I've never finished any of Hubbards writings or audio lectures. After 1 or pages into his writings or 2 minutes of audio, I always arrive at the conclusion that:

- This shit isn't worth my time.

- Most of it is just useless, worthless, self-congratulatory drivel with no theoretical or practical value.

- It makes my head hurt and my brain shut down. A bottle of booze can do that too, but it's cheaper, it's (usually) more fun, and I'll be able to tell exactly where my headaches come from, when I wake up the next morning.

- The very few "wisdoms" and "workable concepts" that can be found occasionally, are not up to par to what one can learn from his/her parents, grandparents, teachers, or regular strangers, including even the occasional drunken bum one can find sleeping somewhere on the sidewalk - and I don't even want to mention the beneficial effects of reading a few good books.

- I've heard more stuff of the "wise and useful" kind from people who stood right or left from me in the assembly line in some factory or another than I ever did from Hubbard and I've never had to pay one single penny for their words.

OK, let's get on to the OT abilities:

- Communication:
I can (and sometimes do) talk to anyone about any subject. Admittedly, conversations about certain topics may not be too fruitful for me or the other person, but usually, I can still get some interesting or useful snippets out of it.

- Communication2:
During my many travels all over many different countries, I often had to communicate with people whose language I didn't speak. An in-depth-converstion about quantum physics (or any other advanced subject) would have certainly failed, but things like "How do I get to that certain road, building, place, whatever" or even more "advanced conversations" about e.g. "where to find a replacement for this broken part of my motorbike, car, whatever" or "Where can I find someone who can fix it without costing me an arm and a leg" have always been successful. Some of these strangers even invited me into their homes and offered me free bed and breakfast for a night or two.

- Parking places:
8 out of 10 times (give or take a few), I (or my driver) can find a parking place directly in front of or at least very close to the entrance.

- Accidents, natural catastrophes and other disasters:
I'd say I've had more than my fair share of 'em. I've lost basically everything I had and everything I had worked for more than once. But, as every reader is able to confirm, I'm still alive and kickin'

So here is my question to the well-trained and well-educated (in Hubbardian drivel) readers: Am I OT or did I just experience the random positive and negative shit life dishes out to random people at random times or what?

The Greek letter 'theta' was considered the symbol of death. So an Operating Thetan would be a zombie. Judging by what you wrote above, you don't qualify :biggrin:

HelluvaHoax!

The point of your post most interesting is that the basics have changed so much. This OT's hidden message is that what Hubbard wrote made no sense and now that a better mind has straightened it out it has begun to be of some value. Or it could be that Hubbard just rattled off words so fast on his typewriter that he either didn't have a clue about basic grammar and punctuation, or he couldn't be arsed to do it right in the first place. Even if it was that evil minded typesetters shuffled stuff on purpose how come the all knowing genius never spotted signs of it, he failed to notice that people could not apply the data, meaning either that the data was wrong or that the data was wrongly written. Hubbard couldn't ever see that the fault could have been his, so he just got angry with the incompetence of his staff. However I look at it the basics were an overt product, and the bridge stops in the middle of the air, and nothing was ever set up to complete it.

Like the OT told me about the Basics...."EVERYTHING has changed!"

Example: Before the Basics a Scientologist would read the following datum:

"Somebody sits up on Venus, there are probably some other stations around up in the system--this one's on Venus. I notice that we all believe that Venus has a methane atmosphere and it's unlivable. I almost got run down by a freight locomotive the other day. It didn't look very uncivilized to me."

But after the Basics a Scientologist would read the corrected datum (changes in red):

"Somebody sits up on Venus, there are probably some other stations around up in the system
, this one's on Venus. I notice that we all believe that Venus has a methane atmosphere and it's unlivable. I almost got run down by a freight locomotive the other day, it didn't look very uncivilized to me."

Before the Basics the Scientologist would not have any case gain.

After the punctuation was corrected the Scientologist would blow out with this life changing win:

SUCCESS STORY
WOW! The Basics are so incredible! i just read Ron's datum
about Venus like it was the first time. I completely did not
duplicate the tech until now. When I read it before the Basics
I thought Ron was joking. Now I know with certainty that
Ron was actually visiting Venus and nearly was run over by
a freight locomotive train the other day. Amazing! When your
Basics are in you can really duplicate Ron's reality and sanity!

[video=vimeo;904590]http://vimeo.com/904590[/video]​

Last edited: