What's new

Ask Kate your questions here...

kate8024

-deleted-
OK I get it now, you clearly are too brilliant to ever get stuffed in a box, Scientology or otherwise. So you may overlap into areas of thought that Scientologists also occupy, but you couldn't be a Scientologist because you can't stay in their box. All of which I can relate to whole heartedly. Now I get you whereas I couldn't quite before.

not brilliant, just already aware of many of the pitfalls in Scientology thanks to the people who have shared their stories on ESMB and in the many books by ex-Scientologists. It's not impossible for me to fall into a trap within Scientology but I believe it to be a reasonable risk for myself.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
not brilliant, just already aware of many of the pitfalls in Scientology thanks to the people who have shared their stories on ESMB and in the many books by ex-Scientologists. It's not impossible for me to fall into a trap within Scientology but I believe it to be a reasonable risk for myself.
Let me say this though it's admittedly out of my area of experience really. You stand a much better chance of doing Scientology in the Freezone than at what remains of the cult itself as it stands and crumbles. You will experience the real tech, if one wishes to call it that, and for an affordable price. If you have immense amounts of discretionary cash that you don't mind blowing through then you may not mind lining up at Flag and doing it there. It appears that you have it in your mind to do the stuff and I'm just saying that the Freezone would be the lesser of evils though I don't endorse it though it would seem I just have. Terril Park would be a good guy to connect with off the board because he can't promote Freezone stuff here. Instead of it taking ten years it might take ten weeks in the Freezone, again not to promote it but to point you in a safer direction.

kate8024

-deleted-
Let me say this though it's admittedly out of my area of experience really. You stand a much better chance of doing Scientology in the Freezone than at what remains of the cult itself as it stands and crumbles. You will experience the real tech, if one wishes to call it that, and for an affordable price. If you have immense amounts of discretionary cash that you don't mind blowing through then you may not mind lining up at Flag and doing it there. It appears that you have it in your mind to do the stuff and I'm just saying that the Freezone would be the lesser of evils though I don't endorse it though it would seem I just have. Terril Park would be a good guy to connect with off the board because he can't promote Freezone stuff here. Instead of it taking ten years it might take ten weeks in the Freezone, again not to promote it but to point you in a safer direction.

Thanks, and I certainly engage with the FreeZone as well as the church. I refuse to do any auditing within the church with things they way they are now, a _lot_ would have to change for me to even consider it. Currently I'm only doing extension courses through the church and have made a conscious effort to support Independent Scientology whenever possible. Terril is pretty awesome, I've had a few PM's with him regarding suggestions for processes for me to try out. My goals with Scientology processing are pretty non-typical, however. I have little interest in "the bridge" or Dianetics, for instance.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Attempting to paint my interest in Scientology as solely academic would be a mischaracterization and oversimplification. I'm familiar with all of the things you have mentioned, probably to a much greater degree than you are willing to give me credit for. I've pursued all of these questions already, which is why they are not questions that I'm currently pursuing.

Really? From these supposed questions asked, you still call the cult a religion, don't particularly care either way if others wish to leave the Cof$, give $cientology your money even when aware of their criminal acts, mention a Cof$ reform repeatedly (that's some impartial Academia) and demonstrate no real compassion for the men, women, and children brutalized by the cult. I call BS.

as I said,

Attempting to paint my interest in Scientology as solely academic would be a mischaracterization and oversimplification.

It's the old TR3 routine. I'll try that myself with posts you avoided while others ran blocker for you.

>snipped<I don't particularly care either way if others wish to leave (the Cof$)

The sole purpose of this board, though, is not emotional comfort.

The lack of compassionate empathy for Ex's that have been through the cult and those still in is astonishing.

Empathy.jpg

Are you implying that emotional support is the sole purpose of this board?

No, I'm implying a lack of compassionate empathy for not understanding why such virtues are here in the first place regarding the vicious heinous acts the cult inflicts on people and the inner suffering Ex's have had to endure. When you can grasp that, $cientology isn't an academic intellectual pursuit, it's a criminal tragedy.

It's regretful and a little sad you don't understand the great harm $cientology has and is doing whether you choose to be "academic" or a practicing $cientologist with a box full of "buts" trivializing & justifying your involvement.

Free Being Me

Crusader
OK I get it now, you clearly are too brilliant to ever get stuffed in a box, Scientology or otherwise. So you may overlap into areas of thought that Scientologists also occupy, but you couldn't be a Scientologist because you can't stay in their box. All of which I can relate to whole heartedly. Now I get you whereas I couldn't quite before. You kind of remind me of a woman that went be Smilla who used to post here, she was quite brilliant and a bit all over the place with her knowledge, experience and ideas too, though very stable and couldn't be knocked off her perspectives by dissenters or bashers. A good person to be similar to...

Smilla is nothing like this person, perish the thought. :ohmy:

kate8024

-deleted-
It's the old TR3 routine. I'll try that myself with posts you avoided while others ran blocker for you.

It sucks that you are thinking of things in terms of Scientology TR's rather than people repeating something they believe you may have missed, like people do in normal human conversations all the time.

I didn't avoid those posts - they didn't contain any questions and they didn't contain anything that I felt required a response. If there is a question you have regarding my position on something then by all means ask me but don't make a statement and expect that I know you expect a counter-statement, especially when your statements are merely comments on my character rather than about my positions on issues. I'm not particularly interested in discussing my character. I _am_ interested in discussing many, many aspects of Scientology from a number of different perspectives, however.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

But you are, otherwise people wouldn't feel so drawn into continuing with your thread. I always said "genius knows genius in others by it's essence, non genius only knows genius by its products, and then only begrudgingly".

Free Being Me

Crusader
It sucks that you are thinking of things in terms of Scientology TR's rather than people repeating something they believe you may have missed, like people do in normal human conversations all the time.

I didn't avoid those posts - they didn't contain any questions and they didn't contain anything that I felt required a response. If there is a question you have regarding my position on something then by all means ask me but don't make a statement and expect that I know you expect a counter-statement, especially when your statements are merely comments on my character rather than about my positions on issues. I'm not particularly interested in discussing my character. I _am_ interested in discussing many, many aspects of Scientology from a number of different perspectives, however.

Calling your little tekisms as I see them. I'm all broken up the Kate approved questionnaire format wasn't followed ... lol. The ask a $cientologist hour is about up anyway. :giggle:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
It sucks that you are thinking of things in terms of Scientology TR's rather than people repeating something they believe you may have missed,

Exactly TR's :biggrin:

like people do in normal human conversations all the time.

Normal people don't communicate such a robotic way to be right as they can easily give up!
:wink2:
He is concerned about your being involved and getting harm as anyother $cientologist , but you might not get it
as I myself did not get it when I build in my mind my Utopia word while people would warn me!

A $cientologist is never never never smarter than the CO$ - which you seem to not grasp.

Anyway,

I still think you have an issue why CO$ is leaving you alone otherwise you are a very unique one!

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Smilla is nothing like this person, perish the thought. :ohmy:

In her stoic demeanor and quick intellect I see a common thread. I don't know many who could hang in there going through this psychological gauntlet that she's just walking through like a walk in the park. I'm not saying her motivations, ideas or experiences are the same or comparable, no. She is self taught in Cobol programming which is ten times harder than anything I've had to learn when I was doing GIS with the COGO geometry when in aerial mapping and property research for the government.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Then either your are still far more indoctrinated than my impression of you would suggest, or you consider me to be far more indoctrinated than I actually am.

Just because someone is long out of the cult doesn't mean they forget all the BS Elcon spewed or fail to recognize when said BS is used by $cientologists. That would be you indoctrinated, obviously. Oops, I'm sorry you didn't ask question! Drat. Please ask a question, someone will along shortly to answer.

kate8024

-deleted-
Just because someone is long out of the cult doesn't mean they forget all the BS Elcon spewed or fail to recognize when said BS is used by $cientologists. That would be you indoctrinated, obviously. Oops, I'm sorry you didn't ask question! Drat. Please ask a question, someone will along shortly to answer.

So when a non-scientologist repeats something they feel another party in a conversation might have missed its normal, but when a Scientologist does it then its automatically Scientology BS? Is that correct according to your opinion? How would you explain your view of my indoctrination when my involvement with the church has only involved extension courses and buying books?

Also, it doesn't bother me that people are making comments rather than asking questions - it only bugs me when people make statements then get mad that I didn't address them when there was no clear indication that it required any sort of response.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

I am living testimony to that myself as I find myself still framing my view of the world and its inhabitants through the "spewage" that I marinated in for less than a decade. I think at times "my god, how do people ever get it completely out of their heads who spent many more years and decades REALLY IN, like 16 hours a day Sea Org in"!?!

Free Being Me

Crusader
In her stoic demeanor and quick intellect I see a common thread. I don't know many who could hang in there going through this psychological gauntlet that she's just walking through like a walk in the park. I'm not saying her motivations, ideas or experiences are the same or comparable, no. She is self taught in Cobol programming which is ten times harder than anything I've had to learn when I was doing GIS with the COGO geometry when in aerial mapping and property research for the government.

Oh please, Smilla would have been sitting right where I'm sitting if she decided to comment. You do know Smilla is a critic, right. The only psychological gauntlet here is why I'm bothering to convey why $cientology is a criminal cult.

Free Being Me

Crusader
I am living testimony to that myself as I find myself still framing my view of the world and its inhabitants through the "spewage" that I marinated in for less than a decade. I think at times "my god, how do people ever get it completely out of their heads who spent many more years and decades REALLY IN, like 16 hours a day Sea Org in"!?!

Stay strong, Dag. I don't have answer to that and I respect your fortitude. I was a true believer for almost three decades, I know how it is. :cheers:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Oh please, Smilla would have been sitting right where I'm sitting if she decided to comment. You do know Smilla is a critic, right. The only psychological gauntlet here is why I'm bothering to convey why $cientology is a criminal cult.

I never saw Smilla lower herself by "piling on" before, whether as a critic or not. You know the type as it's a Scientological manifestation where it has taken Jr. High School mentality on steroids to an all new level. You know the drill, the self anointed opinion leader, their little lock that agrees obsessively with everything they say and ready to jump on anyone who disagrees with their newest pedestal-ed icon even with Ron out of the picture, it's ingrained behavior. When I catch myself lowering myself to that level, and I do even on this thread, I pull back on the throttle and right myself. I don't know how long you've been on the board but if you've been here at least a few years you've seen plenty of piling on, though not as much any more gratefully.

Last edited:

Free Being Me

Crusader
I never saw Smilla lower herself by "piling on" before, whether as a critic or not. You know the type as it's a Scientological manifestation where it has taken jr. high school mentallity to an all new level. You know the drill, the self anointed opinion leader, their little flock that agrees obsessively with everything they say and ready to jump on anyone who disagrees with their newest pedestal-ed icon with Ron out of the picture and all. When I catch myself lowering myself to that level, and I do, I pull back on the throttle and right myself. I don't know how long you've been on the board but if you've been here at least a few years you've seen plenty of piling on, though not as much any more gratefully.

Smilla was feisty, spoke her mind about the cult, and had a delightfully insightful sharp sense of humor. I miss her. I'm not sure who you're alluding to with opinion leaders, flocks, and dog pilers here, you lost me there. Are these positions freely available or are they determined by lot? LOL. I've seen all hell break out here before, that's for sure.

Last edited: