What's new

Mountain View

4693549248_c3c5fcaf04.jpg

Quoted from an anonymous source.

"The Mountain View location bought two buildings next door to each other on Linda Vista near the freeway- supposedly because it has the best foot traffic there to lure new people in. They are selling that building and will eventually sell their other building as well once they have fundraised (coerced) millions of dollars and countless "volunteered" slave labor for the renovations of their new building. If there is a huge empty building with a smaller one next door to it on Linda Vista that will be their new location. No word as to when all this is supposed to take place... but I'm sure the fundraising has already started."

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron

"The Mountain View location bought two buildings next door to each other on Linda Vista near the freeway- supposedly because it has the best foot traffic there to lure new people in. They are selling that building and will eventually sell their other building as well once they have fundraised (coerced) millions of dollars and countless "volunteered" slave labor for the renovations of their new building. If there is a huge empty building with a smaller one next door to it on Linda Vista that will be their new location. No word as to when all this is supposed to take place... but I'm sure the fundraising has already started."

This (bolded) is really funny. Their new buildings are at the end of a dead-end road and get zero foot traffic! Note the irony of a dead-end road, too.

Jack

idrizomare

Patron with Honors
I'm happy to see that they're vacating downtown Mountain View. The old location in the photograph (now for sale) on Castro Street gets lots of foot traffic past it. The new location is near Public Storage, to give a sense of how desirable it is.

Last edited:
I'm happy to see that they're vacating downtown Mountain View. The old location in the photograph (now for sale) on Castro Street gets lots of foot traffic past it. The new location is near Public Storage, to give a sense of how desirable it is.

But it's easy to drive up there, because it's right off the Central Expressway, on "Easy Street." Of course, any protest will be a small affair between the protesters and staff, but you can flyerbomb them repeatedly late at night (the place closes at 10PM.)

Liber8u

Patron

Their "information center" is directly across the street from the East West Bookshop. It is a huge metaphysical emporium. It has every "other practice" you could name. The store is always full of people and the $cientology information center is empty!! I'm kinda sad to see the cult leaving the downtown ~~~ it was always good for a chuckle.

Jump

Operating teatime

Will the dupes need to raise the FULL COST of the new building, or new cost minus sales proceeds . . .

*cough* enquiring minds need to know :confused2:

CO2

Patron Meritorious
http://www.cbre.us/o/sanjose/AssetLibrary/SanTomasSquare.pdf

the new Co$ of Mountain View is in Santa Clara at 3226 Scott Blvd.

They have moved from 117 Easy St. in Mountain View

as the new property is rented ($1.50 a square foot - 4,000 sq ft)

They must be doing very well to have expanded out of an owned building into a rental unit in a larger development.

[video]https://youtu.be/AMg7uiyolJM[/video]

Daisy

Patron with Honors

They must be doing very well to have expanded out of an owned building into a rental unit in a larger development.

OMG, they gave up on the ideal org planned on Linda Vista that has been sitting empty for years now after hitting up their public for donations.

LOL, love it! Cant wait to hear the explanation. :biggrin:

Tech Trained

From what I understand, the fund raising for the building purchase and all renovations was completed. The new, rented quarters are intended to be temporary until the ideal org renovations are complete.

I am uncertain what is stopping the renovations from beginning, but I believe it has something to do with trying to get the construction plans approved by the city.

Anonycat

Crusader

I was going to say: wait, we shut this place down years ago! Then I saw the OP is from 5 years ago.

JackStraw

Donald Sutherland said his son, who wrote the theme song, made more money than he did (the star of the movie)
from writing the song, because of the TV show, through residuals.

I was a staff member of the Mtn Vw org. Where are they now?

Where can I go to see my old friends?

JK,

Jack

RandomCat

Patron with Honors
Donald Sutherland said his son, who wrote the theme song, made more money than he did (the star of the movie)
from writing the song, because of the TV show, through residuals.

I was a staff member of the Mtn Vw org. Where are they now?

Where can I go to see my old friends?

JK,

Jack
I think that Donald Sutherland's oldest son is Kiefer, who would have been about 3 years old when M*A*S*H came out.

Edit: I just Wiki'd MASH... It was the director's son who co-wrote the song (Mike Altman).

JackStraw

I think that Donald Sutherland's oldest son is Kiefer, who would have been about 3 years old when M*A*S*H came out.

Edit: I just Wiki'd MASH... It was the director's son who co-wrote the song (Mike Altman).

Whoops... looks like I misremembered who I heard tell that tale. Thanks for the correction.

Jack

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Will the dupes need to raise the FULL COST of the new building, or new cost minus sales proceeds . . .

I doubt there will be any "sales proceeds" to take into account. The only reason they would have to sell their building in the first place was to cover operating losses; to wit, to make up for years of outflow exceeding inflow. And if there is sufficient value in the old building, it will be sold at below market value to CSI (Chairman Services, Inc.)

Helena