What's new

People from London/UK/elsewhere

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
not sure where you are located but California has tons of british food shops. Nancy and I buy our Tea by the case from Piccadilly Importers based in California (we get Yorkshire Red) that same place has bacon, sausages, Maltesers, real Cadburys, sherbert fountains, you name it. McVities chocolate digestives - I could go on but I don't want to give you palpitations...

Yorkshire Red??????
Ugh!! Such an inferior blend.

We have Rington's tea delivered to us here in the UK.

In the same way we have Spoff Meusli & Highland Oats sent to us, along with McSween's Haggis, Black Pudding from Bury,Pork Pies from Melton Mowbray, kippers from Seahouses, the list goes on and on.

I know that you have a huge variety of product available in the supermarkets, but I have yet to find in the USA decent sausages, decent bread, decent milk, decent bacon and surprisingly, decent chinese food.

Go on, have a nibble....:yes:

asagai

Patron Meritorious
Meanwhile, all the best, and be gentle with yourself.

J.

I use this along with 'respect yourself' and 'value yourself' or the more hackneyed but still very relevant 'love yourself'.

I was just talking to someone about this. The whole concept of "love yourself" was so foreign to me, having been virtually raised in Scientology. It was very, VERY hard to become "selfish" and actually both demand and accept the good things I deserve. There you go "deserve" is another concept that gets twisted and took a lot of sorting out. Like "you deserve your Bridge because you are one of the able". Well how come that turns into a money making exercise with only one outcome? How come you end up living in poverty and sometimes despair because you can't "make it go right" to get what you "deserve"? You start to think you deserve nothing....

First you need to come to know yourself, warts and all, forgive yourself and acknowledge and start to respect your true gifts. :)

This is great therapy for recovering ex-Scns! :thumbsup:

The marvellous thing is that once you have learned to be gentle with self, respect, value and love yourself you magically love all the others too! :happydance:

Forgive yourself for your part in Scn and you can also forgive all the current Scns. DM is me! This is the true meaning of "the dynamics".

Reading about Bonnie Woods Court victory I saw old friends named on both sides of the case. We are the "cult" (Judge Latey) and the victims of it.

"More than Hope, more than Faith, Love it is the greatest" - St Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I know that you have a huge variety of product available in the supermarkets, but I have yet to find in the USA decent sausages, decent bread, decent milk, decent bacon and surprisingly, decent chinese food.

I don't know about the Chinese food, but I pretty much agree with the rest. US sausages! Heh.

Paul

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Yorkshire Red??????

In the same way we have Spoff Meusli & Highland Oats sent to us, along with McSween's Haggis, Black Pudding from Bury,Pork Pies from Melton Mowbray, kippers from Seahouses, the list goes on and on.

You like haggis too? And I do miss real pork pies....:melodramatic:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Yorkshire Red??????

ah sad to see you have no taste...:bigcry:

That's nice. Love black pudding but the Danes make the best.

English sausages are my taste but that does not make them "decent" I guess. I like the breakfast sausages over here just fine. Bread - now there is a whole nother thing but there again Sainsburys bread sucks as does ASDA, Morrisons and the rest - it is the same processed crap they sell over here. But if you want decent bread here it's the same as the UK - you gotta go to a decent bakery. The best country for bread and pastry is Denmark by a country mile - many bakeries everywhere. I'm not a milk connoisseur so cant really say about that, Bacon is definitely not the American strong suit. The only way to get decent bacon is from the import stores and pay a pretty penny for it too.

Chinese food - never liked it. I would kill for a decent vindaloo though...

Corsa

Patron with Honors

Just a tiny question from a 'neither brit nor USA' boardmember: What is Spoff Meusli? Small, exploding mice? :unsure: Please explain :)
I learning a lot from this board :yes:
But very proud, I know what Haggis is :yes:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I believe it was Frank Muir who said:

" collect up the leavings from some horse feed bags, sweep out the budgie cage and mix it together and market it as some sort of wonder swiss health food. Can't fail"

'Raisins!?? You think those are *Raisins*???'

Zinj

DartSmohen

'Raisins!?? You think those are *Raisins*???'

Zinj

I remember being in a Edinburgh restaurant with some "dry-as-dust" Kiwis. We had a cold meat salad (lamb). The salad had raisins in it.

"Christ, they don't waste much of the sheep" was the laconic comment.:hysterical:

DartSmohen

ah sad to see you have no taste...:bigcry:

That's nice. Love black pudding but the Danes make the best.

English sausages are my taste but that does not make them "decent" I guess. I like the breakfast sausages over here just fine. Bread - now there is a whole nother thing but there again Sainsburys bread sucks as does ASDA, Morrisons and the rest - it is the same processed crap they sell over here. But if you want decent bread here it's the same as the UK - you gotta go to a decent bakery. The best country for bread and pastry is Denmark by a country mile - many bakeries everywhere. I'm not a milk connoisseur so cant really say about that, Bacon is definitely not the American strong suit. The only way to get decent bacon is from the import stores and pay a pretty penny for it too.

Chinese food - never liked it. I would kill for a decent vindaloo though...

In the Newcastle area of England (they are fanatical about their football team - nickname Magpies). On a weekend, having drunk 20-25 bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale, they need a curry on the way home. However their taste buds get desensitised, so they need a powerful curry. If you can imagine the step from a Kurma to a Vindaloo, then the same leap from a Vindaloo to a "Magaloo". It is SO hot that you cannot eat them very often as your stomach lining gets burned away.

It gives the term "Ring of Fire" a whole new meaning.:yes:

DartSmohen

Just a tiny question from a 'neither brit nor USA' boardmember: What is Spoff Meusli? Small, exploding mice? :unsure: Please explain :)
I learning a lot from this board :yes:
But very proud, I know what Haggis is :yes:

Spoff is a Scottish company that produces probably the finest meusli and porridge oats around. Google them. :yes: :coolwink:

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Mick, sorry to break in your conversation here. According to CPU you are viewing this thread. Hope I caught you on time.

Excuse me. A friend of yours is in colorado and having a hard time reaching you via tele. since you last spoke (yesterday?).

I tried to send you private email here but it is blocked.

I will log on to XSO request to join page and enter his cell tele so you can reach him.

T.O.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
In the Newcastle area of England (they are fanatical about their football team - nickname Magpies). On a weekend, having drunk 20-25 bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale, they need a curry on the way home. However their taste buds get desensitised, so they need a powerful curry. If you can imagine the step from a Kurma to a Vindaloo, then the same leap from a Vindaloo to a "Magaloo". It is SO hot that you cannot eat them very often as your stomach lining gets burned away.

It gives the term "Ring of Fire" a whole new meaning.:yes:

wow. I love Broon Ale, my first evening at the University of Newcastle I went to the local boozer and overdid it in fine fashion - even without the curry Iwas in the loo for a whole day...

My uncles are Toon Season Ticket holders - I was brought up on the tales of Wor Jackie, spent summer holidays in the Spanish City. I love GeordieLand

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Hi Mick, sorry to break in your conversation here. According to CPU you are viewing this thread. Hope I caught you on time.

Excuse me. A friend of yours is in colorado and having a hard time reaching you via tele. since you last spoke (yesterday?).

I tried to send you private email here but it is blocked.

I will log on to XSO request to join page and enter his cell tele so you can reach him.

T.O.

No probs TO - I will call him shortly

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Rufus

Bob ended up auditing NOTs at Saint Hill for a year or so in the early 80s, then ran off with Julie Price, a NOTs auditor and still married to non-SO Rufus Price, if I remember correctly.

Paul

Hey Paul ,Rufus, was he ever the gardener at St Hill, was he a New Zealander?

I recall two Nzers in the estates, Shane ? and Rufus, im wondering if anyone recalls them , i was in St Hill 1993.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Was that Rufus Fraser? A guy who is probably in his 60's now.

Yes, cheers, i thinks that sounds familiar

.Rufus fraser..he may be older than 60's now....

Anyone know the whereabouts of him..still in?? Just found this...still dont know if he is working at st hill though

Scientology Service Completions - The Auditor UK 348 [circa March 2010 ]

TAS : Scientology Statistics : The Auditor UK : The Auditor UK 348

The Auditor UK 348 [ circa March 2010 ]

DMSMH BOOK & LECTURES COURSE [ 4 ]

Alison Behar
Dorit Gabal
Elaine McCrudden
Rufus Fraser

But there was another guy Shane.. he was younger than Rufus by about 15 years.

a

Last edited:
Yes, cheers, i thinks that sounds familiar

.Rufus fraser..he may be older than 60's now....

Anyone know the whereabouts of him..still in?? Just found this...still dont know if he is working at st hill though

Scientology Service Completions - The Auditor UK 348 [circa March 2010 ]

TAS : Scientology Statistics : The Auditor UK : The Auditor UK 348

The Auditor UK 348 [ circa March 2010 ]

DMSMH BOOK & LECTURES COURSE [ 4 ]

Alison Behar
Dorit Gabal
Elaine McCrudden
Rufus Fraser

But there was another guy Shane.. he was younger than Rufus by about 15 years.

BTW isn't Nick Fraser his bro'. Was C/S in AK. Prolly didn't join the SO, cos he prolly knew he'd be in for slavery if he did. Where's he now?

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nick fraser is still in Auckland as Snr CS,i saw him in a promo piece in Feb.

a.