What's new

Lisa Marie Presley's exit on the cover of The Enquirer!

Leland

Crusader
I've only just caught up with this thread, but when I click on the link I get this message:

The content of this website is not available in your area.

I even fired up my TOR browser (which gives my current location as somewhere in the Gulf of Guinea) (I'm in the UK). Same response. Anyone else experiencing this?

Comes up OK for me. It is really based upon an old article....as Smurf pointed out. Lisa Marie announced in 2012 that she was leaving the C of $. The link doesn't let you read the article.....just a blurb and tells you to go buy the newspaper. Could be some new news i suppose...

Jump

Operating teatime
I've only just caught up with this thread, but when I click on the link I get this message:

I even fired up my TOR browser (which gives my current location as somewhere in the Gulf of Guinea) (I'm in the UK). Same response. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yeah I got that, so I proxied up and lifted the quote I put in the thread. Fair use.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Comes up OK for me. It is really based upon an old article....as Smurf pointed out. Lisa Marie announced in 2012 that she was leaving the C of $. The link doesn't let you read the article.....just a blurb and tells you to go buy the newspaper. Could be some new news i suppose...
Thanks Leland. I've seen that message before on other sites but using TOR usually cracks it.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Remember the blackmail factor. Even if and I mean IF she wants to run screaming down the street away from the sciobots she probably can not.

She has a lifetime of "secrets" real & imagined to keep under wraps. They can/would/could use her mom's secrets against her too.

She has her children to consider.... fading into the mist would be better for her on many levels. She has never struck me as an "in your face" type of person. That was taken out of her at a young age.

If there is no comment on the story THAT will tell the "rest of the story". If she jumps up & down and screams it ain't true that will tell a different story.

While being born rich & famous has some positive points.... being born a "nobody" means I can do what I want, for the most part, without ending up on the front page of a newspaper/magazine/web site.

I hope that she has a long and happy life.... and one where each day is a joy and not lived in fear.

:eyeroll:

I disagree. She has more money than God, and can afford the best publicists and security.

She is one of several people, who cause Micavige sleepless nights and nightmares.

Her public disclosure of her cynically orchestrated wedding to Michael Jackson by Scientology would redound to the detriment of the evil cult.

Lisa Marie is tough, from all I've heard of her.

I hope she's waiting for the right time to go public. She could help a lot of people.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Oh, right . . . it was back in Leland's thread :melodramatic:
Thanks for that Jump, but what I really meant was what does 'I proxied up and lifted the quote I put in the thread. Fair use' mean when translated into English. Lol

PS: The new link still doesn't work for me but I'm past caring about that.

Leland

Crusader
I think it is interesting.....that the 2 top earning dead celebrities in the entire world are Michael Jackson at around $200 million per year at #1 and Elvis Presley at around $60 million per year at #2.

Michael Jackson's ground breaking album...."Thriller" is the best selling record of all time.....estimated sales of between 55 and 65 million copies. But I have seen some estimates that go as high as 100 million copies.

100 million copies at around 10 bucks per copy....that is a cool billion dollars! (Most people has no idea how much money the music industry makes....!)

It would be interesting to try to track down where some of Elvis's Estate money goes.....and ANY relationship of that money to Scamology....!!

Also I believe that Prisilla Presley sold the Elvis house around 2007 for a cool $45 million dollars.

smartone

My Own Boss

Yes, I'm getting the same message. Must be because I live in the UK too.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Remember the blackmail factor. Even if and I mean IF she wants to run screaming down the street away from the sciobots she probably can not.

She has a lifetime of "secrets" real & imagined to keep under wraps. They can/would/could use her mom's secrets against her too.

She has her children to consider.... fading into the mist would be better for her on many levels. She has never struck me as an "in your face" type of person. That was taken out of her at a young age.

If there is no comment on the story THAT will tell the "rest of the story". If she jumps up & down and screams it ain't true that will tell a different story.

While being born rich & famous has some positive points.... being born a "nobody" means I can do what I want, for the most part, without ending up on the front page of a newspaper/magazine/web site.

I hope that she has a long and happy life.... and one where each day is a joy and not lived in fear.

:eyeroll:

Very true Miss Ellie. :thumbsup:

Had she still been a member you know that OSA would be all over this, doing whatever necessary to handle Lisa so she would make a public statement indicating how much Scientology has helped her in her life and that the National Enquirer story was total BS.

Her silence on the National Enquirer story speaks volumes.

Zoey2014

Patron
Very true Miss Ellie. :thumbsup:

Had she still been a member you know that OSA would be all over this, doing whatever necessary to handle Lisa so she would make a public statement indicating how much Scientology has helped her in her life and that the National Enquirer story was total BS.

Her silence on the National Enquirer story speaks volumes.

Agreed. Her lack of statement and or twitter comment pretty much confirms she's out and this is accurate. The lack of response from the cult also speaks volumes...something tells me they took a hint from her lyrics when she said they ain't seem nothing yet!

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
I think it is interesting.....that the 2 top earning dead celebrities in the entire world are Michael Jackson at around $200 million per year at #1 and Elvis Presley at around $60 million per year at #2.

Michael Jackson's ground breaking album...."Thriller" is the best selling record of all time.....estimated sales of between 55 and 65 million copies. But I have seen some estimates that go as high as 100 million copies.

100 million copies at around 10 bucks per copy....that is a cool billion dollars! (Most people has no idea how much money the music industry makes....!)

It would be interesting to try to track down where some of Elvis's Estate money goes.....and ANY relationship of that money to Scamology....!!

Also I believe that Prisilla Presley sold the Elvis house around 2007 for a cool $45 million dollars.

No, Leland, Lisa Marie to this day owns Graceland outright. Remember, Lisa Marie was the inheritee of her father's estate. Prisilla just managed it until Lisa became of age. IIRC the age for Lisa to take full control of management of the estate was 25. Prisilla apparently got really good advice during her management of the estate and by the time it was turned over to Lisa Marie it was worth far more than it had been at the time of Elvis' death.

Lisa Marie gave an excellent one-on-one interview to Oprah Winfrey at her home in England several years after Michael Jackson's death. It was shortly after she had her twins, whenever that was. She talks about her current marriage, her children, her move to England, and lots of other things. I was quite surprised at the wide ranging questions that she was willing to answer. I'm sure this interview is on youtube because that's where I watched it. In it she discusses her marriage to Jackson and she skirts Winfrey's questions about the Cof$ but it is very, very obvious that she is OUT of it.

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

What is your source for the above bolded statement? I have never read of that or hear of it. The only thing she did was make her album and then have an interview with Oprah to discuss changes she made in here life, with the people in her personal circles. But she has, to my knowledge, never stated or announced that she has left Scientology.

She has family members who are scientologists. Her mother, her daughter, possibly her son. Definitely her ex-husband Danny Keough and his family.With ties like this, one just doesn't make such an announcement publicly, if they don't want risk disconnection. No, she's played it safe and made the most of things. If she's out the family will remain connected as long as she personally speak out critically about scientology or announce a 'public departure'. Sogs can be interpreted any way people want to see them.. she can't be held as committing a suppressive act for hving written them. I'd say after she did a clean sweep of the bad people in her life who were underhanded with her, including her ex-husband as her estates man, she did the right thing and moved on with her family and career, leaving the rest of the world to wonder. :thumbsup:

But I have never seen or heard of an announcement that she left the church.