What's new

The Stupid Cupid Rundown

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Did you ever stop to think that perhaps people sometimes love the idea that someone loves them more so than they love the person? Love the emotional lift they experience, a sort of loving the receiving of love. A love that is pointed inward rather than outward.

I do understand.

But, the concept of "unable to move on" is what I think may be the key.

Example: Mickey Marlboro is hopelessly addicted to cigarettes. They try everything but cannot break free. It's hopeless, they swear, such is their psychological and physiological dependency. So, they may see no other choice but to pay for for elaborate self-help "tech", hypnosis or medication. But, let's put put Mickey Marlboro in a different situation. Let's say World War III breaks out and there are no more cigarettes and Mickey is more concerned about finding a warm, dry place to sleep every night--and scrounging for food by day so that he doesn't perish from nutritional deprivation. Now, there's a person "unable to quit" smoking who suddenly doesn't smoke any more and they don't even notice it.

What does that tell us?

I've lived, loved and lost. Much of my life has been lived a hopeless romantic with story book love and also "surprise endings" that were not, shall I say, the way I would have written the script. LOL. Who has truly lived & loved that has not felt their share of heartbreak and worse? So, I am no casual observer of those terribly trying times that one has to somehow gather up all the pieces and "move on". This applies equally to business and financial affairs when riches are lost. I know it can be grim.

But, I just don't think it very healthy to belabor the loss of love by subjecting oneself to daily torture over extended period of time. Eventually, one day (if the individual is to ever get over it) they will simply just decide to "move on". All I am suggesting is that they save themselves a hell of a lot of time, effort, worry and money and get over it quickly.

Personally, accepting the loss is the first step of getting over it. In the military there is a saying when someone has been shot and the field surgery is infinitely more painful than the wound itself was. Soldiers typically yell in the face of their fallen comrade to "TAKE THE PAIN!!"

Brutal, I know. But, "taking the pain" (in a romantic loss) is simply begun by experiencing that it is over and not building a holy shrine to worshipping the disaster. Like a bad tooth, don't fiddle with it or tug. Either pull it out completely in one swift decisive move--or leave it alone and live with the pain.

I've been a top Case Supervisor and Auditor. But, now it's 2014 and when I see a complicated auditing program laid out to "handle a person's case" (their PTSness, their money troubles, their romantic problems, et al) I just cringe. Because, those problems are in the real world, not inside the person's head. To wit, the best way to cure a horrid "2D loss" is to go out and get a new lover, love interest or spouse. That solves it better than all of Hubbard's superstitious mumbo-jumbo.

And if Hubbard's woo-woo worked even a tiny bit, why were his own three marriages and families fully "enturbulated", "unmocked" and "shattered"?

End of rant. :hattip:

that...

is no rant HH...

grab a bottle of chianti and put willie nelson's "to all the girls i've loved" on the victorola...

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Cool .... Commander BS has arrived on this thread. BTW, as self-proclaimed BT matching officer I have a question for you:

Now how´s about a 2D between Helena and you ?

I mean:

Helena Handbasket said:
This thread was .... supposed to be about this fabulous new rundown (YMMV) I invented.
Helena Handbasket said:
I have run steps (1) through (5) in various forms over the years. But step (6) is the new one, something I just "discovered" about a week ago, and is the most powerful of all.
Of course, it's really too soon to state that this has been permanently handled. But I can always run step (6) again.
Helena Handbasket said:
In other words, if I am sane enough for him then I will be sane enough for many others, too.

Helena
You see ? This is your (last) chance for a sane 2D.... don´t let it go.... act now and visit your registrar today...

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Just noticed Helena's new sig line. . .

I am not asking for anyone's advice. Please keep this in mind before responding. My statement of a problem is not your invitation to try to solve that problem.

How does that work exactly? LOL

HELENA
Hi, can I share something cool with you?

UNSUSPECTING PERSON
Sure!

HELENA
problem problem problem problem problem problem problem

UNSUSPECTING PERSON
Whoa! You've sure got a lot of problems.
Maybe you can solve them one
at a time. Now that first one you
mentioned, I have an idea that might
help. Did you ever try to--------

HELENA
(suddenly interrupts)
Stopppppppppppppppppppp!
I never asked for your advice!
When I want your worthless opinions
I'll ask you. Until then just shut up and
listen to my fascinating & unsolvable problems.

UNSUSPECTING PERSON
(slinking away, thinking to self)
Jesus, that was really annoying!​

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
HH,

If you're expecting living fallible human beings to be 100% logical and consistent, life's gonna be a fantastic disappointment to you.

Meanness is not the way to resolve that. Oh, wait...maybe for you, it is.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron

Helena Handbasket: My train was two minutes late today.

Helluva Hoax: Fabulous! My big chance has come at last. I hate it when people tell me what do to, so now I get to reverse the flow and tell someone else what to do.

Everybody knows that when you have a problem, you're supposed to just tough it out, say nothing, and solve it as best you can on your own. It's only when you fail that you say something at all, and since Helena has spoken out, she obviously cannot deal with it on her own, and she wants someone else to take charge and tell her how to fix it.

Remember Helena, you started it by telling us about your problem. From now on I'm the boss and you have to do exactly what I tell you. No ifs, ands, buts, or backflash; just do as you're told without question.

Here's what you do: get yourself a car, whether you think you need one or not. Since I like the Mercedes 50XL, that's what kind of car you have to get, and it doesn't matter what you think. Of course you're going to do this; in my infinite wisdom I know exactly what needs to be done and you don't.

Since I'm always right, your life will be perfect if you just obey me. In fact, the whole world would be a better place if they would just listen to me.

Let me know how it goes with your new car, Helena. If there's any problems, I'm still here.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Helena Handbasket: My train was two minutes late today.

Helluva Hoax: Fabulous! My big chance has come at last. I hate it when people tell me what do to, so now I get to reverse the flow and tell someone else what to do.

Everybody knows that when you have a problem, you're supposed to just tough it out, say nothing, and solve it as best you can on your own. It's only when you fail that you say something at all, and since Helena has spoken out, she obviously cannot deal with it on her own, and she wants someone else to take charge and tell her how to fix it.

Remember Helena, you started it by telling us about your problem. From now on I'm the boss and you have to do exactly what I tell you. No ifs, ands, buts, or backflash; just do as you're told without question.

Here's what you do: get yourself a car, whether you think you need one or not. Since I like the Mercedes 50XL, that's what kind of car you have to get, and it doesn't matter what you think. Of course you're going to do this; in my infinite wisdom I know exactly what needs to be done and you don't.

Since I'm always right, your life will be perfect if you just obey me. In fact, the whole world would be a better place if they would just listen to me.

Let me know how it goes with your new car, Helena. If there's any problems, I'm still here.

Helena,

I think we all know you don't come here for advice ... it's attention that you come here for.

:headspin:

beltway

Bone Idle
Being a never-in, the details of this Rundown are a little beyond me but another option that might help get one emotionally 'unstuck' from a former relationship that has crashed/burnt/collapsed into a singularity is to list out all the things that made for the failure(s) which are unlikely to change - your own issues, his/her issues, mutual and/or environmental factors, whatever.

Revisit the list as needed for reassurance that pining for those particular fjords is a habit that ought to be let go.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Being a never-in, the details of this Rundown are a little beyond me but another option that might help get one emotionally 'unstuck' from a former relationship that has crashed/burnt/collapsed into a singularity is to list out all the things that made for the failure(s) which are unlikely to change - your own issues, his/her issues, mutual and/or environmental factors, whatever.

Revisit the list as needed for reassurance that pining for those particular fjords is a habit that ought to be let go.
That's a good idea. The first thing that pops into mind is that I was a Scientologist and he was an est graduate.

I also had FOUR crippling syndromes that made me a bad catch. (Although one had been "handled" and another hadn't then started yet.)

He once mentioned having children but I didn't want children.

I had health issues and while I craved a relationship I also feared one.

I was incapable of seeing needs past the end of my nose.

However, if it had all worked out I would have been VERY happy. We were compatible (had the same idea of fun) in the extreme. At the end of the day, I know it couldn't have worked out, but it was my DESIRE for him that was the problem. I hope that's gone now.

Helena

HelluvaHoax!

HH,

If you're expecting living fallible human beings to be 100% logical and consistent, life's gonna be a fantastic disappointment to you.

Who said I was "expecting" people to act logically & sensibly?

Hardly. LOL

Why else do you think that most of my 17,000 posts are parody, satire and spoofs?

ps: About "HelluvaHoax's meanness", start a new thread dedicated to ridding the board of meanness and 5.4x your fun. LOL

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here it is, a post that will upset everybody. The antis will hate any mention of technology, the KSW types will dislike the use of Excalibur, and at least one RONS Org won't like the fact that a mere mortal is inventing technology. So without further ado, I give you THE STUPID CUPID RUNDOWN!

Helena

THE STUPID CUPID RUNDOWN

For those who are hopelessly in love with someone they cannot have, and who have been unable to move on.

Prerequisites: Dianetics, Excalibur

Theory: being "in love" is an intense feeling of wanting to be with another person. When two people are in love with each other, it can be wonderful. But perhaps the other person is just not interested, or already has someone else in their life they intend to stay with. Love that goes only one way can be very painful.

Part of what being in love is is a telepathic comm line between the two parties. If the love is not mutual, this line will ordinarily fade out over time, and everybody can move on. But if this line is repeatedly "energized", the desire and the hurt and the pain can last for decades.

Those of you who are familiar with Excalibur know that there is a vast network of enslaved disembodied beings that exists for the purpose of keeping people under control. Part of this is to tamper with people's emotions and keep them stressed and unable to fully function in life.

This network will connect up with people in an attempt to get one or both to fall in love with one another. A specialized cluster -- called a "plug" in Excalibur terminology -- will form a THREE-way comm line connecting BOTH parties to the network. The network will then keep the line energized, sometimes to the complete ruin of one or both of the people involved. This is the reality behind the Cupid legend.

Here are the steps of the rundown, to be run on the heartbroken one:

(1) 2WC on the love relationship that was (or wasn't). Get all relevant details.

(2) Recalls on different times both parties interacted, whether as part of a relationship or not. Steer the processing client to earlier and later times, alternately, but take whatever's offered. Continue until recalls come easily.

(3) Dianetic R3RA on the breakup itself (or when it became obvious there wasn't going to be a relationship in the first place). Try to get the first point at which it first started to be recognized this was going to happen. (It doesn't matter if anyone is Clear or not.)

(4) Now run Dianetic R3RA on the entire time both parties knew each other in this lifetime. Run through it like an incident.

(5) Ask if they knew each other in a previous lifetime. If there is any charge on that, including if and when any relationship ended in death, run it out Dianetically.

(6) Excalibur step: ask if there are any plugs (specialized clusters) with a three-way monitor still telepathically connecting both parties together. Handle whatever's found to a blow with Excalibur. (The processing client may originate they want to complete this step solo. If so, let them run it out solo but check to make sure the plug is fully gone.)

Note: Excalibur technology is rather complicated and it is not the intention of the above to explain Excalibur in detail. To be able to do this rundown successfully, please take an Excalibur course from a qualified group first.

It didn't upset me, but (just one objection) I'm not sure how practical it is to get all relevant details on a relationship that maybe never was in the first place.

I'm not an auditor but surely per the tech all you're looking for is a big meter read, so it would be better to start off with a list of some kind rather than the vague and woolly "get all relevant details"?

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
HH,

If your talking in hubbardish even 10% logical and consistent might be a pretty high bar to set.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Having known this pain myself, I am pleased to offer this rundown in the hope it will help others. If I'm never known for anything else, I hope I'm known for this. People have been suffering the pain of heartbreak for all time and I want to offer them a way out.

Here's the eponym for this rundown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl3UE8yxn-0 .

Helena

HelluvaHoax!

I took a look at your Heartbreak Rundown and notice Step #5. . .

5) Ask if they knew each other in a previous lifetime. If there is any charge on that, including if and when any relationship ended in death, run it out Dianetically.

I don't think that will work.

Here is something that might:

5) Ask if they actually really knew each other in this lifetime. If there is any charge on that, encourage the person to do better the next time they have a relationship.

Last edited:

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Having known this pain myself, I am pleased to offer this rundown in the hope it will help others. If I'm never known for anything else, I hope I'm known for this. People have been suffering the pain of heartbreak for all time and I want to offer them a way out.
How cool from you... you are nearly such a friend of mankind as El Con Hubbard.... He also suffered from BT´s and offered some rundowns to get rid of them. The only problem is, the rundowns he offfered were not even sufficient to handle HIS case. At the end...:

El Con Hubbard said:
....all Hubbard could do was say the same thing, over and over:

"There are more BTs! Many more than people realize!"
http://home.earthlink.net/~snefru/deathoflrh/prince-death.html

So the OT-Levels were developed to handle El Con Hubbard's case.... and the Stupid Cupid Rundown was developed to handle your case. I am wondering who is interested to handle dead old Hubbard's or your case.

Those who really suffer from pain of heartbreak should realize that pain from a heartbreak is only a result of ones own narcissism.

Real love is unselfish - someone who really loves is ready to give something without expecting or (secretely) demanding something back in return.

To be IN LOVE is nothing else than a disease - one believes that (s)he is unselfish but in reality (s)he is expecting to be loved, adored carried around on the silver platter from the terminal of desire.

When this dreams/desires are not fulfilled from the [STRIKE]terminal[/STRIKE] victim of desire than the "pain from a heartbreak" occurs - but only then. Therefore the "pain of a heartbreak" has nothing to do with BT´s or anything of this matter. it#s only the result of ones own narcissism: "I am so good that this [STRIKE]terminal[/STRIKE] victim of my desire has to love me, adore me and carry me around on a silver platter."

There is a wise old saying:

Every expectation leads to a disappointment. Therefore it is better not to have any expectation.

There is no cure against ones own narcissism - but if one make this old saying as ones rule in relations, one will never suffer (again) from "pain of a heartbreak". One can only be surprised by positive experiences - and no one will need a stupid "Stupid Cupid Rundown".

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well! At least this thread is back on track criticising the rundown itself, which I totally expected.

My personal problems that led to my creating this are merely incidental.

Helena

HelluvaHoax!

Originally Posted by El Con Hubbard....all Hubbard could do was say the same thing, over and over:

"There are more BTs! Many more than people realize!"

:hysterical:

Another major cognition by Dr. Hubbard near the end of his life . . .

"There are more process servers! Many more than people realize!"