What's new

The Stupid Cupid Rundown

Purple Rain

Crusader
I know I'm gonna regret this...oh well...(Helena has me on ignore/blocked whatever it is called on ESMB so won't get to read it) :melodramatic: I fully accept I am not everyone's cup of tea nor do I strive to be that.

I don't know about love, the older I get the less I know. I'm fine with that, comfortable with it. I love cats so all will be well - crazy old cat lady woo hoo.

I do know about how to heal a broken heart. Go get laid, safely, responsibly. (Note to self: edit out last sentence before posting). I actually do not think finding someone else fixes a truly broken heart. I tried a different strategy and it worked. I didn't want some poor man having to put up with my messy heart and head as I did the, initial, serious healing. I enlisted professionals I trusted and did the work myself without getting all hooked up in the complexity of forming a new intimate connection. I didn't need the adoration or the attention when I was so damn low and just trying to learn how to breath in my new life.

I am my own person and apart from that two-decade slip-up of following the fanatical herd (ahem, throat clearing), I am very much my own person, doing things my own way. Plus I think I am now terrified of intimacy. :eyeroll:

I am the least likely person in the entire Southern Hemisphere to offer any advice about love. Hopeless at it. But at least I do not having an aching heart for the man that rejected/abandoned/kicked me to the curb. I did for quite a while, and then I got over it. It wasn't easy - we were so entangled with each other, it was so complicated, so cultic. I consciously chose to let it all go and found ways to do that.

Now, I am very very happy working towards being a crazy old cat lady. :)

p.s. I know several people who've found romance in their 70's and found true companionship, passion, etc. Life is for living, no matter what your age.

Yes, my relationship was also cultic. I've loved and lost before and it hurt, but life went on. All I want is for it to stop hurting now, and I think moving away will help with that. I really do not want to get laid. I love sex, which is why it's all so ironic, but I don't feel ready for that at all - still a year and a half after we broke up and a year since we last had sex. I wish I had known then that it was the last time.

I will never understand why he gets under my skin.

I just want to be a crazy old cat lady too.

I am having dinner with Denise's friend Robin and This Is Not OK and KissMyStats when I get to New Hampshire, so I am looking forward to that. They are the most excellent cooks - the best meal of all time was at there house last year.

I'm just focusing on simple things - simple pleasures. At the moment everything hurts and I can't believe it is still so painful. I don't know what's wrong with me. But I am moving on as best I can, and I'll never see him or speak to him again after Saturday.

Thank you for saying those nice things about me. My tarot says I will meet lots of good people but never someone special, and I'm okay with that now if that's how it is. God, I'm bloody 51. Time to retire from it all. I'd love to have sex one day and think, "Is that what it's all about? What's the big deal?" Lol!

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I know I'm gonna regret this...oh well...(Helena has me on ignore/blocked whatever it is called on ESMB so won't get to read it) :melodramatic: I fully accept I am not everyone's cup of tea nor do I strive to be that.

I don't know about love, the older I get the less I know. I'm fine with that, comfortable with it. I love cats so all will be well - crazy old cat lady woo hoo.

I do know about how to heal a broken heart. Go get laid, safely, responsibly. (Note to self: edit out last sentence before posting). I actually do not think finding someone else fixes a truly broken heart. I tried a different strategy and it worked. I didn't want some poor man having to put up with my messy heart and head as I did the, initial, serious healing. I enlisted professionals I trusted and did the work myself without getting all hooked up in the complexity of forming a new intimate connection. I didn't need the adoration or the attention when I was so damn low and just trying to learn how to breath in my new life.

I am my own person and apart from that two-decade slip-up of following the fanatical herd (ahem, throat clearing), I am very much my own person, doing things my own way. Plus I think I am now terrified of intimacy. :eyeroll:

I am the least likely person in the entire Southern Hemisphere to offer any advice about love. Hopeless at it. But at least I do not having an aching heart for the man that rejected/abandoned/kicked me to the curb. I did for quite a while, and then I got over it. It wasn't easy - we were so entangled with each other, it was so complicated, so cultic. I consciously chose to let it all go and found ways to do that.

p.s. I know several people who've found romance in their 70's and found true companionship, passion, etc. Life is for living, no matter what your age.

Getting some real professional help was totally the way to go in the situation you found yourself in and I really do get that and admired the way you handled it ... but Helena's issues are very different and she has stated many times that she wants to find a new partner.

I'm outa here now, I've already said too much.

:happydance:

HH,

If you're expecting living fallible human beings to be 100% logical and consistent, life's gonna be a fantastic disappointment to you.

Meanness is not the way to resolve that. Oh, wait...maybe for you, it is.

mystic...

as grand old man of esmb

though not uncontestable is yet unassailable

HH...

as indisputable court jester of esmb

is also worthy of being thought unassailable

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
No, sallydannce, I don't have you on ignore. You're a nice lady; I enjoy reading your posts.

Besides, I've found that putting people on official ignore just gives them an opportunity to slander you behind your back. So now there's a few people (not you) that when I see their posts, I just skim over them and never reply.

I actually do not think finding someone else fixes a truly broken heart. I tried a different strategy and it worked. I didn't want some poor man having to put up with my messy heart and head as I did the, initial, serious healing. I enlisted professionals I trusted and did the work myself without getting all hooked up in the complexity of forming a new intimate connection. ... Plus I think I am now terrified of intimacy. :eyeroll:
I did throw myself into relationship after relationship trying to forget. With this one guy, it did help some, but he died after our third date. :bigcry:

I am concerned about intimacy, but at this point am more concerned about not finding it than finding it.

I have consulted many professionals looking for help but they were unable to make a dent in my pain. Only my own rundown -- which is actually bits and pieces of many different viewpoints -- worked.

So the OT-Levels were developed to handle El Con Hubbard's case.... and the Stupid Cupid Rundown was developed to handle your case. I am wondering who is interested to handle dead old Hubbard's or your case.
Yes, I did develop this tech to "handle my own case" but the point is that it got handled. However many people have gone down this same road -- this rundown is for them, too.

I just want to be a crazy old cat lady too.
That's probably where I'll end up. See you there! :)

Helena

Last edited:

The_Fixer

Class Clown

Well don't look at me either!

Married 25 years and I still haven't got it right.....:grouch:

Maybe one day I will. Maybe too, one day I'll listen and think...."Oh, is that what she means (and nothing to do with the cricket either)?"

Probably after the day I die?

Oh well, :carryon:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Reminds me of some ethics mini course I did a long time ago. I was supposed to do something or other with one of the dynamics. Anyway, I jokingly said to the course supv "Oh, I guess I'll overhaul my entire 2nd dynamic" and he laughed and said "See you in a few decades" and we both started laughing.

Because this love/relationship stuff is very very tough.

I suppose that's in proportion to how special and rewarding it is. Something that important isn't going to be a caekwalk.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
hubbard lied, feeding people false data that created a delusional mind set. he then fabricated a tech to heal those ailments that did not exist anywhere except in their delusional minds. People are still lost in those delusions brought about by hubbard and scientology. Love is turned into a gain or win, (everything is turned into a gain or win) in this delusional hubbard world that people are stuck in. If our frame of reference is warped by the manipulation of another the semantics of our statements are a moot point and our feelings may be so lost to us that we call apples oranges. A rundown to get over loving someone? A tech for the brokenhearted? How many people that are stuck in a delusional world have you patted on the back and told them "Hey it's all good, go out there and give others some sound advice". Frickin hubbard stole human nature from his followers and replaced it with chaos. He taught manipulation, vanity, greed, hatred and you come along with, "well it's not 100% consistent or logical" try "No where even close to the consistency and logic of the majority of people" (not counting anyone on Black Rob's thread). The fox got in the hen house last night, but it's all good because it only ate fifteen of our eighteen chickens.

Well, these days, as far as approaching problems and feelings go, I'm mainly with you. A rundown wouldn't be my way of coming to terms with something.

But I don't have any worries about someone else doing it. I think we've all got to find our own way. And if it seems to help, then great.

Scientology has been called, by some, a therapy cult. It's fairly apt though, of course, in the case of CofS, omits the many institutional cultic horrors people there go through. Helena's just experimenting with concepts and theories she came across in her studies to make her own therapy. If it's any comfort to anyone, she would never have had that freedom to do that in CofS. Would have been sent straight to ethics for it.

If it's a bit limiting and thinking within the box-ish, well, maybe she already tried other ways before and didn't feel better.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, these days, as far as approaching problems and feelings go, I'm mainly with you. A rundown wouldn't be my way of coming to terms with something.

But I don't have any worries about someone else doing it. I think we've all got to find our own way. And if it seems to help, then great.

Scientology has been called, by some, a therapy cult. It's fairly apt though, of course, in the case of CofS, omits the many institutional cultic horrors people there go through. Helena's just experimenting with concepts and theories she came across in her studies to make her own therapy. If it's any comfort to anyone, she would never have had that freedom to do that in CofS. Would have been sent straight to ethics for it.

If it's a bit limiting and thinking within the box-ish, well, maybe she already tried other ways before and didn't feel better.
Claire, it's absolutely true that I've tried other ways. Lots of them. I moved to another continent for ******* sake.

To say I belong to the therapy-of-the-month club would only be a slight exaggeration. I've searched everywhere for a solution to this problem, only to take bits and pieces of everything from Excalibur to Sprig Lore to make up a "custom process" (meaning I squirreled) which finally fixed it.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Besides, I've found that putting people on official ignore just gives them an opportunity to slander you behind your back. So now there's a few people (not you) that when I see their posts, I just skim over them and never reply.

Something seems not quite right about that. Oh yeah, I see it now.

Let me FIFY:
Besides, I've found that putting people on official ignore just gives them an opportunity to [STRIKE]slander[/STRIKE] libel you behind your back.

Hmmm, there still is something funky going on with it. Oh yeah, there it is. . .

FIFY again:
Besides, I've found that putting people on official ignore just gives them an opportunity to [STRIKE]slander[/STRIKE].[STRIKE]libel[/STRIKE] disagree with your opinions [STRIKE]behind your back[/STRIKE] in front of your computer screen.

:hattip:
Editing services donated compliments of Int'l Association of Hoaxologists, on a no-charge invoice. :hattip:

looker

Patron Meritorious
For what its worth.....

Having had the opportunity to hang around some Mormon folks, I over heard some divorced ladies talk about their relationship dating troubles. One said from her readings and therapies that FEAR ( that faint red flag flapping in the back of the mind) can be interpreted as deep out of this world LOVE.

She went on to say; The nervous adrenaline rush of magical adoration especially with an Obsessive Compulsive Personality can leave an addictive emotional HIGH and crash, like a hit of METH.

Then there was more talk about codependent relationships and I kind of tuned out.

When I was dating in my dirty thirties I had 2 such meetings with addictive women. I felt instant gushes of endocrine juice and feelings of a dreamy "Soul Mate" connection that felt other worldly. However, the feeling that my feet were not on the ground steered me away form forming a real relationship.

Besides, the women seemed to be extraordinarily intoxicating in their demeanor and mannerisms as though they enjoyed being on stage, watching their craft enchant me. While it was fascinating being in this interplay, the red flags were flapping because the sparkle in her eyes said this is really just a game of magic, and, I am really not available emotionally for you, ... maybe.

The age old game. Evil flirting unobtainable women creating a Mystery Sandwich. :hysterical:

The "hang over" from those exhilarating experiences was a little hard to shake short term, but over time I got my feet back on the ground. :)

So, when I heard the ladies talk about LOVE feeling, could actually be a FEAR adrenaline reflex. I noted that down because it seemed to fit.

Afterthought
As they used to say; When you find your love you hear music in your heart, feel safe and feel like coming home. I did have a 6 year relationship like that but she was a Mormon, I wasn't, so, we couldn't be. We parted good friends.

The kicker in the cult (CO$ and Mormon) is the brainwash that one should not get married if not perfect. Perhaps that internalized standard has sabotaged many potentially great relationships between imperfect people.

Last edited:

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Something seems not quite right about that. Oh yeah, I see it now.
FIBA (Fixed It Back Again):

Besides, I've found that putting people on official ignore just gives them an opportunity to
[STRIKE]slander[/STRIKE].[STRIKE]libel[/STRIKE] [strike]disagree with your opinions [/strike][STRIKE]behind your back[/STRIKE] [strike]in front of your computer screen[/strike] SLANDER YOU BEHIND YOUR BACK.

Helena

Purple Rain

Crusader
FIBA (Fixed It Back Again):

Besides, I've found that putting people on official ignore just gives them an opportunity to
[STRIKE]slander[/STRIKE].[STRIKE]libel[/STRIKE] [strike]disagree with your opinions [/strike][STRIKE]behind your back[/STRIKE] [strike]in front of your computer screen[/strike] SLANDER YOU BEHIND YOUR BACK.

Helena

It says more about the character of that person than about the person ignoring them, however. Any two year old can be hurtful and make fun of another person. It's a lot harder to take the higher road. To insult and degrade somebody is the easiest thing in the world. It's harder to choose to be the kind of person you want to be instead of responding in like kind.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
It says more about the character of that person than about the person ignoring them, however. Any two year old can be hurtful and make fun of another person. It's a lot harder to take the higher road. To insult and degrade somebody is the easiest thing in the world. It's harder to choose to be the kind of person you want to be instead of responding in like kind.
Rather than shouting back at someone, I'd much rather quietly ignore them. If you keep acknowledging someone they'll keep talking.

But I have found there are sometimes where you HAVE to respond -- as in when someone accuses you, and if you say nothing, people will assume you are in the wrong. That's been a lesson I learned the hard way over the years.

Helena

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have previously said that I seem to be cured of my obsession with my XBF, but that it was really too soon to say if that was going to "stick" or not.

Enough time has gone by that I think I can answer that question:

It's over. While I still consider him to be someone I would like to be with, I am not so obsessed about it. I can take it or leave it.

However, I may have drunk too deeply of the potion of immunity to love. For I have this feeling that I'll never be in love again. The mechanism itself has been damaged; there may be no repairing it.

In fact, I've lost just about all interest in gender, sex, and love. I just don't care. Maybe I'll get some cats someday.

Helena

R2-45

Silver Meritorious Patron
What this thread needs is moar cats.

Like... I donno... maybe five or six dozen?

7cbc0d5ba52182f63c28c06ae673ee2f.jpg

JustSheila

Crusader
I have previously said that I seem to be cured of my obsession with my XBF, but that it was really too soon to say if that was going to "stick" or not.

Enough time has gone by that I think I can answer that question:

It's over. While I still consider him to be someone I would like to be with, I am not so obsessed about it. I can take it or leave it.

Good for you, Helena. Especially the part about waiting and checking up on yourself. It sounds like you're making great progress.

However, I may have drunk too deeply of the potion of immunity to love. For I have this feeling that I'll never be in love again. The mechanism itself has been damaged; there may be no repairing it.

In fact, I've lost just about all interest in gender, sex, and love. I just don't care. Maybe I'll get some cats someday.

Helena

Yeh, that happens. One loses interest for a while after a loss. It may not be forever - it's a bit early to say, since you've only recently accepted the relationship with your ex is over. Maybe you can check up on yourself on that in like, three months and see if you still feel the same, like you did with getting over the bf.

phenomanon

Canyon

Good for you, Helena. Especially the part about waiting and checking up on yourself. It sounds like you're making great progress.

Yeh, that happens. One loses interest for a while after a loss. It may not be forever - it's a bit early to say, since you've only recently accepted the relationship with your ex is over. Maybe you can check up on yourself on that in like, three months and see if you still feel the same, like you did with getting over the bf.

Losing interest in sex and Gender is not a bad thing. It is actually a relief for some of us. I'll take affection any day over lust.