What's new

Scientology Disaster Relief

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, being in the SO is certainly a disaster. Those survival bags sure would be appreciated by SO people I'm sure. You might suggest that to them. Although I wouldn't think they'd like the PR aspects of regging $$ to buy SO member toiletries.

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well, being in the SO is certainly a disaster. Those survival bags sure would be appreciated by SO people I'm sure. You might suggest that to them. Although I wouldn't think they'd like the PR aspects of regging $$ to buy SO member toiletries.
Well, since they seem to be moving from delivering services to soliciting donations, the concept might not be so far-fetched. Like most other things in Scientology, it has a logic all its own. :scratch:

JustSheila

Crusader
Good blog post, Lynn!

It's ironic, isn't it, that the cult of Scientology is promoting fundraising to fly out to supply basic toothbrush, toothpaste, toilet paper, etc. to disaster areas but has never cared enough to supply these basics to their own staff.

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
But -- but -- just because you're an SP doesn't mean you can't still give money, right? I bet the Little Pope will come up with a policy like that, since he's "Source" now. I can see it all now -- if you have enough money, you'll never have to do another Ethics condition again.