ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

“The Whole Field is Disaffected”

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by minnie, Nov 17, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. minnie

minnie Patron with Honors

2. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Is this why so many exe's have been called on the phone?:confused2:
    I am still wondering why this is going on and on.

3. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

I can just see it now.....*MANDITORY* MEETING ALL SCIENTOLOGISTS MUST ATTEND!!!!

Then it's going to be one huge gang bang sec check.

4. Miss Penguin

Miss Penguin Patron with Honors

I'm curious as to how they plan to "handle" all these disaffected public.

5. minnie

minnie Patron with Honors

I think we might eventually need a little section on esmb for the "Church of Scientology" to promote themselves before they have no public left at all (you know, free speech and all that :bleh:) and until and while they legally crumble once the upcoming and potential new suits run their course. I can foresee them in the interim becoming the smallest sector on a pie graph of scientology providers.

:dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing::moon:

6. programmer_guy

My guess is that they can't. IMO this is failed attempt. It won't work.

7. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

They don't have enough staff to handle all the disaffected people.

8. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

They have used up all the "handlings" in the book of handlings.

The church who cried wolf too many times.. Nobody is listening.

All that is left is for the BAD SCN COP to try and create a nightmarish vision for the disaffected scientologist's future & threaten them with a dark destiny...... and then the GOOD SCN COP lovingly offers up a shiny golden get-out-of hell key.

It works really well, but only on children or fearful adults who act like children of the CoS.

For the rest of the scientologists who are beginning to wake up, there is a problem. They realize they are in a church and, generally, people in church tend to look for holy men to guide them, not cops.

9. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

I've noticed a marked increase of mail and it seems someone has come to my place when I was gone. Wake up dudes! There's no way in hell I'd ever step foot in one of your "churches" again. DM has shit the bed.

10. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

So very very true.

11. bts2free

bts2free Patron with Honors

Scientology fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Man, those MAAs must be strapped! Each one of them will have to handle like a hundred thousand people each, maybe a million per the Church's stats. They're missing all the fun. Someone should tell them to come out and play, we're all out here in the rain making mud pies.

12. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

I got another call tonight from a new churchie named "Nancy" about being on their mailing list or some such. I groaned and hung up. She called back and left a message. She seemed flummoxed that I would hang up on her like that and says they have a Chaplain to handle ARCx's but just wanted to ask me about "something"! Yeah, right! LOL

WTF? 25 years out and now suddenly they have been bothering me with phone calls this year. They know I don't want shit from them. It's so rude of them to call like this.

My caller I.D. says "unavailable" when they call. Now I know not to answer if they call again.

13. Sir Facer

Sir Facer Patron with Honors

14. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

It doesn't say much for the "straight up and vertical" stats of the world's "fastest expanding religion" now, does it. :hysterical:

15. HelluvaHoax!

sheeesh, ODB, I got one of those calls out of the blue the other day. someone must have folded under pressure and coughed up my mobile number because it's been years and years since they had any way to contact me. it was rather wacky, something about making sure that their files or mailing list was correct. she was sooooooooooo happy when i said, yes this is (my name). But not so happy when i got off 3 seconds later. never called back.

getting a call like that is like, uhhhhh....

......like a prison inmate who gets one phone call to the outside world each week. And they carefully dial the number and begin pitching a "Personal Freedom Seminar" being held inside the penitentiary that they want you to buy a ticket for and attend.

they can't wait to tell you their personal wins from hearing the inspirational words of death-row-inmate guest speakers.

they are so puzzled & saddened when you decline their invitation.

16. It's true, I got this one repeating offender calling me at 8:43pm by the name of "Pat" wanting to "sort out a computer file". Very miffed that I won't return her calls. I'm out for 30 years. They could actually get me to come in ( to pick up my check for 10 years of back pay ), but at this point.... I feel we should probably be seeing other people. I need my space.... and all.
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

17. Rather than focusing on the infinity number of obvious reasons why people would not support Miscavige's Empty Org initiative, how about trying to come up with a single logical reason why someone actually would support it? I couldn't come up with one.

18. HelluvaHoax!

CNCML...why so pessimistic?

Rather than saying the org looks half empty, can't we look on the theta side and say it looks half full--and the other half is thetans who have made it! ( Cuz thetans have no mass, so what's to see? )

hip hip replacement! (cheer of lone geriatric OT on course)

19. programmer_guy

It's the mail center. They don't say that it is Scientology but the number they leave is Scientology if you call that number.

Yeah, I know... and I have been out for 30+ years. It's very weird.

20. I'm really trying to be optimistic, I really am, but picturing a brand new empty building with a few glazed over Scientology staffers trying to talk people into watching a video of L Ron Hubbard incoherently babbling isn't allowing me to do it. I'd feel more optimistic about it if they were trying to get people to watch a video of Reverend X preaching about the Spirit of Truth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_pV0H5ieiw