#3 Person Crippling Scientology - Marty Rathbun

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by Type4_PTS, Sep 27, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Here's the article from earlier today from the Village Voice:
    http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/marty_rathbun_top_25_crippling_scientology.php

2. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Yep, I would have Marty at #3 in my Top 25, too.
    It's not that I think he's wonderful, great, saintly or any of that other BS that idiots like to throw around, it's just that he's actually doing something to cripple scientology.

3. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

No doubt he's done some good things to cripple the CoS. And while I don't mean to take away from the positive things he HAS done I believe a strong case could be made to put many others in front of him at the #3 spot.

4. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Don't quite share that viewpoint. It may be true, but what I see is just another game of oppterm being played. The church is crippling itself.

Mark A. Baker

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  5. afaceinthecrowd

afaceinthecrowd Gold Meritorious Patron

If you look at it as the #3 person crippling "Scientology" and not just the Cof$...yeah, I'd sure enough say Marty, "The Wannabee Texan", is #3.

Face :)

6. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

Nope.

He is trying to preserve Scientology.

7. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

I'm curious who #2 will be, I think DM will claim the #1 spot.:yes:

8. Panda Termint

Oh, I understand completely how diverse opinions may be on the subject. I just expressed mine.

When the Top 25 series first started I made my own Top 5 and happen to agree with Tony O and those quoted in the article about Marty's role (I actually had him at #4 originally).

It doesn't matter whether you're a Martyfan or think he's a Moonbat; good/bad, he's doing something and generating more inspection and discussion than most.

9. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Rathbun is supposed to be a kind of pied piper leading Scientologists out of the Scientology organization.

Most, who appear on his site, left on their own, unmotivated by Marty.

Many left years before Marty's Blog existed.

No matter, "Marty gets people out" is the mantra.

10. Panda Termint

I understand that, Mick, I really do.

It doesn't matter to me that he's trying to excise the cancer and save the patient. It really doesn't matter, the patient is forever crippled. There's no coming back from this one. Everything Marty does just draws more attention to the limp.

I have no problem with people practicing scientology if they so choose, I have a problem with criminal and abusive behaviour.

11. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Would lying about Hubbard and Hubbard's Scientology, especially when that lying is directed as newly outs, be abusive behavior?

For almost 60 years, people have been leaving the Scientology organization, and they managed to do so without being lied to.

I really don't believe that Marty wants to destroy the Scientology organization with its billion $ plus reserves and its vast real estate holdings. He wants to reclaim it. And why shouldn't he?

He's Hubbard's number one cheerleader outside of the Scientology Organization, and I'm sure RON would want his money and buildings reclaimed by in-Ethics and On-Source Scientologists.

12. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

I agree with those who think Marty has helped cripple the Church of Scientology. I think "Church of Scientology" is where Ortega is coming from.

However, I never expected to see Tom Cruise below Marty on that list. I think Cruise is known throughout the entire galaxy as a Scientology crippler. Others I thought could have made the Top Five include Xenophon and Davis.

I think there are only two names left -- Miscavige and Hubbard. Anybody else possible in those two slots? Have we forgotten someone who's obvious?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's Hubbard at #2 and Miscavige at #1.

Some have argued against Hubbard making the list, since he's long gone. However, Xenu made #25 and Lisa McPherson made #10, so "living human being" is not a Village Voice requirement for the Top 25.

BTW, I am betting The People's Choice Award (chosen by readers' votes) will be Anonymous, who surely have stuffed the ballot boxes.

TG1

13. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

14. Panda Termint

Does he knowingly lie? Do you know that for sure? If he did, I'd think that was kinda abusive. I'd think the same of anyone who knowingly lied in order to control and manipulate people, even you.

Then again, I'm not discussing the Pros and Cons of Marty, I'm discussing the Top 25 People Crippling Scientology. Thanks for the update on the last 60 years, though.

15. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Fascinating conundrum.

Does Marty help or hurt Scientology the applied religious philosophy?

Firstly.....

Although I have been declared (by Marty) to be a "low-toned, nattering hater", in defiance of his Technical Proclamation of Condemnation, I nonetheless love Marty's whistle-blowing. Wait. A hater is not supposed to be able to do that, are they??

I had to wonder, what is the NET effect of Marty's blog-launched revelations about the Church of Scientology, David Miscavige, Profligate Inurement, Corruption, Crush-Ponzi-Regging, OSA Ops, Gulag Imprisonment, Reverse Auditing and Fair Game? And what of modern Scientology as a mind-damaging "implant" as Marty so assuredly sermonizes?

What message do wogs get from all this?

Probably just this....

Scientology be so CRAZEeeeeee!

Well, I love that too.

I am doing pretty good for a hater, ya gotta admit.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  16. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

HH, I gotta say this out loud ...

There used to be a really clever guy over at Marty's called "OTDT" (not OTBT, who's the guy here and over on WWP). Anyway, OTDT disappeared months ago, but while he was there all he wrote were these hilarious j/d posts. He had an alterego (I think) called "Deep Fax." I was certain he/they was/were you.

TG1

17. HelluvaHoax!

:hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical:

For anyone wondering.

18. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

I think Rathbun is a rallying point for people who were mostly out, afraid to speak and clinging to scientology - thanks it seems to Amy and Jason. The more people who speak out the better. What he intends to do when he gets rid of Misscabbage is another story. I don't like him, I don't trust him, but he is getting media attention as the "#2 of scientology who left" and that dubious status seems to carry some weight. At least it opens some doors and the truth can start marching through.

19. HelluvaHoax!

lololol

Yeah, I saw OTDT's postings. Hilarious insightful, edgy satire!

When reading his spoofs, I often thought: "Dis motherfucker can write!"

I also wondered: "Who dat iz?"

"But it ain't me, babe. No, no, no, it ain't me babe. It ain't me you're lookin' for, babe."

20. Veda

Veda Sponsor

About Hubbard and Hubbard's Scientology? Yes.