ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

A Conversation with an OT

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Udarnik, Feb 11, 2014.

1. l whip

l whip Patron

What do you get out of being OT? Nothing that can be clearly defined. You become acutely aware of when your life is in danger, but somehow less aware of those who are out to trick you. I remember Hubbard used to go on about the clear cannibal, that they can get to clear and still enjoy a cut of somebody else. That is now proven incorrect for if you eat your own you get blood infections that drive you mad, as in mad cow disease.

2. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

I almost replied, and then I read it to the end.

3. l whip

l whip Patron

http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/diseasesandconditions/f/FAQ_madcow2.htm/

Mad cow or Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease comes from making foodstuff from dead cows and feeding it to live ones. The same applies across higher animal forms, including humans, the rule is don’t eat you own or risk a mega-dose of bacteria. I personally knew Dr. Jakob and had some interesting conversations with him about the subject.

4. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Bumping the OP.

5. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

I watch a documentary few days ago, with anthropologits and someone being introduced to tribal funeral rituals.
    After a time, they dig out the bones of the deah one to accomplish the last ritual.

This is what led ''civilized'' explorers, rumoured they eat themselves.

I wonder , where Ron the explorer had encounter cannibals ???? They came close to share a nice piece of meat! :confused2:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  6. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

This is a great post Toadie.

Something about the ageing process is very, very humbling and I find myself dreading it less and less as each year goes by.

:yes:

7. l whip

l whip Patron

I don't know whether Hubbard had an encounter with cannibals. I once heard of a of a comedian who became a missionary. This visionary went among the native tribes preaching mightily and telling his brand of humor to convert them to the good word. But he went among one tribe too many and in the middle of yet another joke for Jesus the natives set upon him and threw him in the cook pot. After the feasting was done and the traditional belching and farting began, one of the natives looked at his friend and said "Tell me, did something taste funny about that joker to you?"

8. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Aging is a fascinating subject.

if it is true that the universe is in perfect balance (yin-yang) then as you get older you are actually getting younger. Think baby in crib and ITYIWR (I told you I was reincarnated). LOL

9. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

My friend, I truely fear that by the above standard set forth that the UNIVERSE is NOT in PERFECT BALANCE.

I just ain't getting younger.

And I'm damned sure not getting wiser !

PS - Who ever heard of an 80 year old man that is known far & wide as a world class lover ?

10. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Willie Nelson already answered that question, I think.
    When asked about his age, Willie told the pretty young thing, "I've outlived my dick!" :biggrin:

11. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

“A man is only as old as the woman he feels.” -- Groucho Marx

12. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

No wonder I feel so good! :)

13. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Squirreling Dervish

Ron bit the dust psychologically with the realization that his tech was an abject failure upon cogniting that ”Scientology tech only works on imaginary little imaginary antennae’d beings that go boomp in the night.” :bow:

14. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

LaFayette's genetics are responsible for his mental illness. I imagine that his nature & nurture were both a factor.

15. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

Animals and your "better half" and you all sound OT to me.
    I guess my expectations from Scn have always been low. I've known a loota ppl who are OT, but are not Scn'ists.
    I never expected the things that youse here think of as an OT.
    Go figure.

16. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

17. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Squirreling Dervish

I didn't know that about his genetics, I just knew that most of what he said he was just wasn't true, but come to think of it I haven't paid much attention to what was true about his genetics/family history.

18. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

Do I believe some people can do the " remote viewing " thing ? Yeah. proven deal that some few people seem born with that skill set. Teaching people to do that has proven very very difficult & not really successful

There are sports figures in almost every sport that have a skill set that makes them a legend for generations. Were they born with talent they spent years honing or were they just that "OT" thing ?
    I'll never play a round of golf like Tiger Woods did at his peak... and so on down the line with everything tfrom pool or bowling to hockey or football to ice skating. Somebody is always world class.

A bear is supposed to be ablw to smell peanut butter from 15 miles away.

Whales migrate great distances to breed - so do some birds & butterflys !

What does all this mean ? I dunno. Hey, maybe it is "OT" ! LOL !

The sun rises & sets ... every day ! Does God do that ?

Anyway, I've gotten weary of people who are convinced thay are smarter & better than other people.
    Perhaps the saddest part of those people is that feel compelled to others how superior they are - and I've always wondered if they are so great-wonder-fantastic-able then why do thety have to tell me, why can't they just let themself be observed for what they are ? ( which is, really, unique but not all that different from the rest us ). But, no they are special - just let 'em tell you so you'll know they are special.

Oh well....back to life.

19. Claire Swazey

Claire Swazey Spokeshole, fence sitter

I don't think Hub's genetics had anything to do with it. Remember, he was related to Elbert Hubbard, who seems to have been a reasonably stable guy, though also a philosopher.

I think Hubbard was selfish with a marked propensity for lying and narcissism. I think those characteristics were the main reasons for his decisions and actions.

Now, me being me, I also believe in past lives. I recognize that not everyone does. But I do. And I think this lifetime's path wasn't Hub's first rodeo with starting groups and exploring his spirituality. That's just my personal opinion.

I have read literature (not about Scn or Dianetics or anything like that) that discussed the mixing of power and personal ambition with spirituality. It just does not work. Ego and money can get involved and it gets really ugly. That's what happened with Hubbard. You just can't go treating this stuff like a business. As I've mentioned before, I don't fault a practitioner of any new age methodology for offering services for a fee, but I think that attempting to pioneer a brand new methodology that is supposed to save everyone and reform the whole world while keeping close to the profit motive, then that's a disaster.

20. Love you Helly~! :) Terril is being SERIOUSLY FUNNY here! :happydance: :thumbsup:

Unlike many here...I remember when Scientology was "fun". :biggrin: I love Terril. He's like many old-timer Exes and Indys that I know personally here where I live.

It's all good! :)