ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

A Conversation with an OT

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Udarnik, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

Psychotic microphones? :giggle:

2. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

ANSWER: Because Ron gave those lectures before he discovered the "hidden influence" of BTs.

The PDC lectures, for example, was not actually Ron talking. At that time, Ron was temporarily overpowered by BT #1,372, whose only technical expertise was when the BT was trained last-lifetime (1869-1911) as an immigrant Italian plumber in Brooklyn.

The newly re-issued PDC lectures are now called the TDC (Tony's Doctorate Course).

3. kate8024

kate8024 -deleted-

Ok literally everyone knows that the correct unit of measurement for moonbeam power is "unicornpower" not horsepower because horses can't pull moonbeams through space, they would suffocate. Unicorns being magical though means they don't have to breath. Just be sure never to touch one of these moonbeam-pulling unicorns because if you do then Tom Cruise will show up.

legendunicorn.JPG

4. Ron fully intended to do nothing but make fart sounds with this armpit for 72 hours, but instead BT #12,372 ruined his masterpiece by randomly babbling all the way through it. Once the tapes are fully restored Ron's 72 hour Philadelphia Doctrine Armpit Fart Symphony will finally be made available for everyone to listen to.

5. Claire Swazey

Claire Swazey Spokeshole, fence sitter

No. I was answering Udarnik who responded to a post of mine re the familial relationship, if any, between L Ron Hubbard and Elbert Hubbard.

6. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

This thread is like

''conversation with an Alien''

Many pretends there is such aliens here surrounding us
    some pretends that they are or some others are
    But till we ask to talk to one
    the only thing we can achieve is talking about it.

So, I guess I can conclude
    such OT doens't exist
    as no one can

1) tell exactly what they are (speaking of gains and power gained)
    2) pretend he\she is
    3) demonstrate his (so defined) powers gained

In short : It's laughable

7. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

This board is full of pseudo-OT
    (been ther done there)
    who threw-up their (thousands of $$$$)
    paper diploma in the garbage.

They have the courage to see the scam
    and prevent others to be sold a lie.

8. I ABSOLUTELY ADORE that film!!! :buzzin: It was my first concious memory of seeing Alan Rickman's work, and I've been enthralled by him ever since. By all means, folks, if you have not yet seen it, get it on netflicks or whatever... :happydance:

Anyone who is deeply grieving or considering suicide should watch it! :thumbsup:

It's very heartwarming and life affirming (both in the eternal, ongoing sense...)

9. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

:shock:

10. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

So, what we have here is... really ?

Somebody is going to ask some people who have TALKED to thousands upon thousands of BTs if, perhaps, they have had a conversation with an OT. OK.

First off, by definition does one need to be OT to have a conversation with a BT - and - secondly, by definition, does a BT become ( if it already wasn't ) OT when it blows ( no, not in a sexual way ), ya know, departs the scene ( and Gawd knows it IS a scene ! ).

There are some extremely serious questions here ! We are going to use people who have talked to BTs to determine what might be OT.

This is either getting rich .......................... or deep.

Which is it ?

There is a " church " that has conventions where they have tens of thousands of OTs attend. Well, OK maybe the "tens" of thousands is a little stretch.

So,"thousands" of OTs. Well, OK that is a stetch, too.

Let's get down to "OT", period.

There remains an offer of one million cash to come and demonstrate an OT ability and for years that prize has gone unclaimed . And, most likely, uncontested for by any scientologist.

How come the IAS isn't shooting people over to scoop up that prize ?

Maybe a " converstation with a Chucapara " would be more fruitful in terms of real - if not much much more honest - results.

11. kate8024

kate8024 -deleted-

It sounds like it's not very simple to even apply to do the testing and actually doing the test properly would almost certainly cost more than the million dollar prize. You would have to have several people that could literally make things appear out of thin air in front of anyone at anytime to actually claim this prize it seems since showing statistical probability of paranormal phenomena using their criteria is pretty much completely unfeasible due to the time and monetary investment required.

http://www.dailygrail.com/features/the-myth-of-james-randis-million-dollar-challenge

12. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Your conclusions indicate how little you know about the vast amount of work done by the various hoax-busting organizations that were/are affiliated with Randi and his network of accomplished scientific associates.

99% of the bogus paranormal claims were debunked by the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry and other research/publishing affiliates long before the claimant got close enough to even consider making an official application for the $1M prize. These have been widely published for decades in countless publications and books.

For someone that touts their scholarly prowess, you sure have a flakey way of drawing conclusions--unless you have an agenda that is.

13. Gib

Gib Crusader

OT abilities.

What about hubbard's claim that a person going "clear" would have perfect recall in his life. He said that in DMSMH.

show me a muther fuk'in "clear". LOL

Here's the test before "clear":

what did you have for breakfest?, or maybe what did you have for dinner a few days ago?

Flunk for comm lag.

After "clear"

they never perform this test. LOL

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014