ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

A Note for Vinaire

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by mate, Oct 15, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Stop it!!!!!!!!!!

:dieslaughing: :dieslaughing: :dieslaughing: :dieslaughing: :dieslaughing: :dieslaughing: :dieslaughing: :dieslaughing: :dieslaughing: :dieslaughing: :dieslaughing: :dieslaughing: :dieslaughing: :dieslaughing:

2. duddins

duddins Patron Meritorious

Shame on you. you have taken a perfectly serious thread and turned it into a pile of shit...with chunks. How could you? :melodramatic:

3. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

The 'Serious Thread' is expanding!

Zinj

4. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

It already was a pile of ...

ahem! :yes: :omg:

5. beyond_horizons

beyond_horizons Patron Meritorious

:why: :puke:

He gives Semites and Vedics a bad name. That's the product of the covert use of the scientological viewpoint.

:no:

6. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

Alanzo - I like your style! :D

7. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

Sorry, I'm finding it difficult these days, on ESMB, to decipher some cryptic messages. Too many messages assume a familiarity which not all of us have. For example, is your last sentence a criticism/joke/bullbait/admiration/contempt?

Some threads are getting as hard to understand as threads on OCMB, in my opinion.

Anyway if Vinaire is recently "out", that explains some of his stance. I thought from his long-running spat with Dennis on here a while ago that he was an old-time outie, so it appears I misjudged his position in the de-progamming cycle that many of us go through.

What I observed was that his postings generated charge in readers and there appeared to be a dismissive series of replies from him. I also saw hubbard-type, callous tactics employed against criticism rather than open discussion and exchange of information. That's how it appeared to me.

It seems I misinterpreted and hit the wrong note in my replies.

I have been too judgemental and I apologise. Vinaire is free to do whatever he wants (of course!)

8. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

I think you have observed correctly.

Vinaire does do that in my experience.

He's been a Scientologist for 30 years, and recently, as in a matter of months ago, got out of the Church.

I've known and debated and bullbaited with him on the Internet for about 5 years. When I first started, it was like debating with an HCOPL. But hey, when I was a Scientologist I debated SPs, too. And that's what it was like debating me for them, too.

But over the years, gradually, more of Vinaire has come out from behind the HCOPL. In his final years on Beliefnet, and recently here, he has shown his considerable courage of spirit. The real Vinaire is coming through.

To evaluate him, I believe that this Vedic vs Semitic thing was a stable datum for him way back when he was first getting involved in Scientology. He had come over from India, into the heart of the Semitic West, and he saw Scientology as this homeland to him - for the needs he had at the time and the reasons he placed there.

And now, being out, he is sorting through that stable data.

It's a process. And the process includes, sometimes, being dogpiled by people who have had enough of the Scientology tactics and bullshit. Especially if you hang out with them and constantly poke them with it, as Vinaire has done.

I have infinite faith that Vinaire will be more than all right.

In fact, I think that Vinaire will thrive in whatever form he wishes to materialize.

I don't think your words, in the end, are going to do much to hurt him.

9. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks for the clarification. Just to clarify, my intention was never to "hurt" Vinaire. But I suppose I wanted to control/modify what I perceived as unacceptable behaviour on his part on a message board like this.

I was wrong to do this.

Sheesh! debating with him now is difficult - it must have been impossible when he was still an "innie"!

BTW the phrase "Hubbarditic Viewpoint" was a joke/pun on his "viewpoint" threads.

Of course, if he only joined Scn 30 years ago (!) then I am guilty of the overt of contributing to make sure the CofS was there for him to join back then! :whistling:

10. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

This thread is a note for Vin. So, where be Vin-E-da-poo?:coolwink:

11. beyond_horizons

beyond_horizons Patron Meritorious

I'd say he's being 'static', but that goes against the hubbo definition. So to keep it in line with the defination it's probably better to say; It's 'static' until it decides 'to be' again.
    :wink2:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007